When you call, mention priority code 14NB-8WV7

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LP Junior Faded

The Gibson Les Paul Junior is a long-running classic. With a P-90 pickup and a rounded neck profile, the Gibson Les Paul Junior Faded has been a favorite for decades.

"Mississippi Queen! You know what I mean." submitted March 4, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Musician with 20 years experience.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, anything danceable...
Sound: This is a junior. It has only 1 sound, awesome. If you like to set it and forget it, this is the guitar for you. The P90's are great, and at this price you can afford to upgrade them if you choose to. I preferred to leave them in. Feature: The guitar itself is a great buy. When I got it the gig bag got pitched immediately and it went into a hard case. That is the only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10. The guitar itself came well set up, out of the box and has quickly earned a place in my stable of guitars. It doesn't do everything, but what it can do makes it a valuable addition. The hardware is decent, and the tuners are acceptable. This is made inexpensively, so these things should be expected. Does a 50's junior come with top of the line hardware? Of course not. So expect this model to be the same when you order. It is very well put together, and one of my favorite guitars to play. Ease of Use: One pickup. One volume. One tone control. Doesn't get any easier. Plug it in and play. Quality: As I said before, the guitar is well made, but I was a little disappointed in the finish. I was expecting a little more uniformity in the finish, but that's what happens when you order off the Internet. Places on the guitar are completely painted thick enough you can't see the woodgrain, and there are places where you can't see any paint. Most of the guitar is like a whitewash and you can see woodgrain through the finish. Most of my guitars are relic in appearance, so it doesn't bother me, but it may bother you. The guitar still plays like a dream though. Value: If you are looking for a great guitar that sits well in the mix, look no further. If you are looking for a 2 pickup les Paul, this is not the inexpensive alternative for you. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them. The Wow Factor: Just a great guitar at a great price. Mine is white and it's a head turner for sure. Overall: I would get another if I lost this one. Such a nice sounding guitar.

"This guitar is NOT a Junior Les Paul in the sense of the word." submitted August 16, 2009

Musical Background: Active composer
Music Style: Blues and folk/bluegrass(with my acoustic)
Sound: Fantastic sound for blues, jaz and punk rock sound. You lose no flexibility with this guitar. Syas in tune throughout. Definitely worth the price given the $2,000+ price of a custom Les paul. Feature: basic featrures but if you have a nice tube amp (Fender, etrc.) you will get all the sound you need. Ease of Use: Tune it to your desired style and just play. As mentioned, your amp will guide you to the best sound. Quality: Solid mahoghany. Great design. Value: I would pay twice the price. Manufacturer Support: No issues with suport, especially if you purchase it from a reputable store. The Wow Factor: Unusual in it's design and used by Green Day's front man, although I am sure his is customized. Overall: A fine guitar for professional use.

"BETTER THAN A STANDARD...Why pay?" submitted January 10, 2011

Musical Background: 5+ Years
Music Style: Pop/Rock
Sound: This thing is a beast. I play mostly 60's style rock along with a mix of pop/rock songs. Add a little dirt from a tube-screamer and thing thing sings. Feature: 2 Knobs. Easy. Ease of Use: Like I said, 2 knobs. Easy. Has no buzzing and feels exactly like a 60's style neck. Quality: Gibson. Don't expect any less. Value: Why would you buy a Les Paul standard when this baby cost much less and rocks just as much? Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them, never had trouble. The Wow Factor: Very Sexy looking. Love the satin finish.

"Buy It,Rock It,and Enjoy this LP Jr." submitted March 8, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician/Songwriter/Artist
Music Style: Rock,Punk,Alternative & Indie Rock
Sound: Exceptionally Versatile...I love this Guitar!I purchased the Vintage Sunburst Model.Great Clean Tones,and plenty of Growling output for any style of Rock/Punk/Metal.This guitar feels/plays so much better than a Gibson Standard LP.I am converting to Gibson from Fender because of this guitar. Feature: Simplicity...Simply Great! One Volume knob,and One Tone knob. Very responsive tone/volume. Ease of Use: This LP Jr has become my #1 Electric Guitar. Enough said! Quality: Seems solid.The Satin finish seems a bit thin,but I like the Vintage look. Value: I bleieve it's worth the money. Go Buy One! Manufacturer Support: I've not yet used Gibson Support. The Wow Factor: It's appeal to me is the basic design,and lighter feel opposed to the Standard LP. This LP Jr isn't Glossy WOW! But it ROCKS! Overall: This guitars life expectantcy is My life time plus..!

When you call, mention priority code 14NB-8WV7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976