When you call, mention priority code 160C-N06S

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Jr DC

The Gibson Les Paul Junior Double Cutaway is a past classic. It offers awesome tone, but the Les Paul Junior Double Cutaway is only around for a limited time.

Overall

"Get your hands on one of these and you might not let go!" submitted October 24, 2011

Music Style: Punk Rock, Post-Punk
Sound: Les Paul Juniors can only do so much, but I bought this guitar for the 'less is more' approach. With the volume and tone at ten it's about the best sound you can get, in my humble opinion, with the volume knob rolled back it cleans up nicely and the cleans are great, don't listen to the talk about P90s not cleaning up nice or being too muddy, not true. The tone knob leaves a lot to be desired, the cap on this guitar is smaller than a tic-tac and I'll be changing it to a Bumblebee soon, just have to wire it on. I can't say if that miniscule cap is the reason for the tone being far less than stellar when rolled down, but keep the tone knob at or near 10 and you should be happy. I can say that the LP Jr has a distinct tone and is my second favorite out of all the guitars I've owned, only a Rickenbacker 330 beats it...but that's all speculative and they're really different entities, just thought I'd mention it. Feature: Honestly, I've owned many guitars, some cheap and some very expensive. Gibson guitars, when they're not the "faded" or "worn" finish, they've always felt solid. This LP Jr is no exception. The hard case is great, very solid, the usual booklets or pamphlets are in there, maybe a small allen wrench, nothing special, the usual crap. I'd love a cleaning cloth, like Rickenbacker, or a strap, like Fender, but I can't complain too much. Out of the case it needed help, fret buzz galore, the case wouldn't even open because the G string had gone into the B slot of the nut and the cases "fur" lining was caught around the string. It's kind of a bummer when you spend so much and a guitar isn't perfectly setup, hopefully they do a better job with your, if you decide to buy. I think the nut could be better, there's a lot of "sticking" when tuning the G and B strings, it's common but can't companies start using better nuts or use Tusq? Here's an issue, I love the wraparound bridge, I'm in love with the moderate style and everything, but if you want a guitar that is pitch perfect from first fret to twenty-second, the intonation on this thing leaves a lot to be desired. Doesn't freak me out all that much because I don't mess around too often up north. But you'll wanna change the bridge if you desire an LP Jr that has perfect intonation. Ease of Use: Easily the best neck I've ever played. I have big hands, but I don't use that as a crutch as to what neck dimensions I need. I believe that I'll get good on whatever I get used to, just happens that I got used to this neck almost immediately. If I could get this exact neck on every guitar I play, I'd be immeasurably happy. That being said, all you need to do for this guitar to sound good is crank the volume and tone knobs and plug in to a good amp, you wanna clean it up, roll back the volume knob, it's that easy. Quality: The tuners feel very solid, I would be more than happy to keep them on, but I did buy the 3 on a rail style to switch later, only for aesthetics. I would absolutely rate this guitar as "road worthy" and would have a blast beating it to hell, it's a slab of wood that aims to please, just be careful with that neck, we've all seen the multitudes of Gibson headstock breaks. I frequently bend and pull the neck for slight note dips or ascents and it's still a-o-k, I have no fear of a break, this guitar is built to last. The paint job, ugh, the paint job. I didn't even notice this until a week ago. Front and back, looks great, while strapped on the top (side), whatever you wanna call it, looks great. The bottom of the guitar, bottom edge, you know, well, it looks like crap. It was much too thinly sprayed with the yellow before it got it's nitro blast, looks like it contracted a rare skin disease. Oh well, what can you do, nothing is perfect. Value: Again, it's speculative. To me it's definitely worth the price, for a double cut with a real nitro finish, it's what I wanted so price was of little importance to me. I think I got a very fair deal and plan on passing this guitar on to my kids or grandchildren, I think this will hold up that long. Manufacturer Support: I have contacted Gibson in the past, not about this specific guitar, but going on past experience they replied very quickly and provided the information that I needed. They were friendly and professional. The Wow Factor: I completely love the look of the LP Jr's and especially these double cuts. Rickenbacker 330s are up there too, in my eyes, but to me it doesn't get much better than this. I think the LP Jr looks better with the slant bridge but it's a small complaint. I could sit around for a few hours talking about guitars but there's only a handful that I can spend time admiring their appearance, this is one of them. Overall: It's a keeper in every sense of the word. I see myself getting one more guitar, but this one will always be one of two. I'm not really into humbuckers, but with the p90s you can get a growl that something like a Telecaster just can't get. It's not the best of both worlds, more like a good enough of both worlds.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"BUY THIS GUITAR!!! (before you can't)" submitted August 16, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 20 years pro, now "retired"
Music Style: LOUD Blues based rock n roll, and psychobilly
Sound: Smokin' crunch! Sound is amazing. All of the Gibson growl and only one pickup. I play LOUD three chord blues based rock and this gutiar delivers, and then some Feature: The LP JR. has obvious excellent quality and heft. I don't see how it could get any better re the components. It only has two knobs......and that's all it needs Ease of Use: One of the easiest out of the box guitars to use that I've ever had. It wont sound like a strat, but that's not why you get a LP. Crunchy, growly, FAT (and phat) sound for days. Quality: It doesn't get any better. Period. Value: Quality and sound that usually comes at twice the price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to. The Wow Factor: Gorgeous guitar. Balanced, perfect finish. GREAT neck and jumbo frets, etc, etc., etc.,.... Overall: I've already made arrangements to be buried with my LP JR.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Buy This Guitar!" submitted July 23, 2011

Musical Background: Former pro
Music Style: three chord rock, blues based
Sound: Ultra cool guitar. I have big hands and this neck is PERFECT! It is a gorgeous instrument dripping with attitude and interplanetary quality. I don't think a solid body electric can get better than this. I play loud and crunchy (Marshall 50 and straight front cab) and this LPJ smokes my rig. Feature: It's only got two knobs and one pickup, I automatically crank it all the way up and it produces. All the parts are top drawer Ease of Use: Plkays easier (for me) than my Strat or Ibanez Artist. If I had to choose one guitar to have for the rest of my life it would be this one. Quality: Using tired auto analogy cliches, this is a finely tuned Ferrari Value: Worth twice the price or more. I don't see how you could make a better instrument. Once again great for guys with big hands Manufacturer Support: haven't had to The Wow Factor: Don't care re sex appeal, it's made like a dream Overall: Last guitar I will buy....already made arrangements to be buried with it :)

When you call, mention priority code 160C-N06S. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976