When you call, mention priority code 171S-HZLP

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LPJ Guitar

With its mahogany body and 'traditional' weight-relief design, the LPJ feels and sounds like an original Les Paul, while maintaining modern versatility.

"The WOW in WOW" submitted June 3, 2013

By James Sink in Miami Beach, FL
Musical Background: Average
Music Style: Rock, Blues Country Oldies 1950's 1960's 1970's 1980's 1990's 2000's
Overall: Cannot believe someone can now own a TRUE Les Paul for under $1000 of this quality. I do not believe Gibson can continue selling these for this cheap for long. Great setup from the box, all I did was lower the bridge a little and tune. I bought the Chocolate Brown and it seems to be made of 2 pieces of wood both carved top and body, sounds great to me and stayed in tune as I played it. I bought an Epi Les Paul case with mine, the Gig bag is actualy nice as well. back to the guitar, it is made of all good materials all it is lacking is the finsih and crome/gold thrills...Mine is heavy, it is not carved out and maybe weighs 9 pounds or possibly more ... Pickups ROCK a clean to a dirty growl...The tone controls are also smooth and mellows out the harsh treble sounds...I don't like the truss rod cover and ordered one with a Les Paul logo...this thing equals any Fender Standard I own in quality and even sound...dont buy a copy, get the real thing before a possible price height or a discontinue of manufacture of Guitar ....The guitar is a really nice looking guitar and feels great and a dream to play...good frets intonation on spot....THIS IS A LES PAUL

"Gibson LPG Les Paul (rubbed white)" submitted December 22, 2013

By T Wollblue in San Dimas, CA
Musical Background: Guitar player - 25+ years
Music Style: Classic rock, alternative
Overall: Just treated myself to Gibson LPG Les Paul. Looked everywhere for the best price and nobody could touch zZounds. They beat all competitors by a long shot. Guitar arrived in perfect condition in a matter of days. The guitar itself is amazing, particularly at this price. I own many high-end guitars and this one holds it's ground. Stays in tune, looks great and plays like a beast. There's nothing in this price range with this quality that I'm aware of. Do yourself a favor and buy one for $500 from zZounds.

"gibson LPJ 2013( colellectors discontinued model)" submitted December 24, 2013

By don thomas in los angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: im a producer .songwriter/play every instrument had a record deal, and touring/studio musician
Music Style: funk, hip hop, dancehall , tecknofunk, house edm,, metal hop ,punk hop, funk metal and surf funk
Overall: I had a great experience buying my first les paul from zzounds , the guitar was packaged well, and there was no damage, and the price drop and pay to play option, made it a no brainer.the guitar is a gem. the same pick ups are on the 2013 studio and the premium model , I also like the blackcovers over the 490r/498 p/u)and minus 387 coats of laquer the wood looks good and sounds even better this is no junior guitar this is a tru les paul that screams out...... play me and it is a collectors item because it lasted one yea zzounds I will buy a Gibson from you next year

"LPJ--A REAL Les Paul?" submitted December 28, 2013

By Gary Browning in New Albany, MS
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur musician for 30 years, playing guitar, piano, saxophone, vocals, dabble at drums
Music Style: classic rock; contemporary Christian; classic country; blues
Overall: Okay, I bit! The price was right, and I was gassing for another LP. Here's what I got: high quality mahogany body, maple neck (that's good), classic 490 & 498 humbuckers, Kluson tuners, and a rosewood fingerboard. What I didn't get: shiny finish, binding, and truss cover that says, "Les Paul". Bottom line: great wood, great electronics, great hardware=great sound. It may not look like your Dad's Les Paul, but I assure you, close your eyes and open your ears--It's a Les Paul!

"Gibson "LPJ"" submitted June 26, 2013

By John S in North Salem, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 51 years and have played professionally for the majority of that time.
Music Style: "Blues and Rock"
Overall: I've been playing guitar for 51 years now and in that time I have owned several Les Paul guitars, and like most struggling musicians, traded them off, or sold them to survive. I now own three "Gold Tops", the latest being the "Gibson LPJ". Out of the box, it's like every Gibson that I have ever owned,.. an excellent musical instrument by any standards. I have read several different blogs and reviews finding mixed up musicians tell me that the "J" stood for "Junior", or that it was just another faded series and wasn't as good as their "Studio", or that it wasn't a real Gibson,... Geesh, go figure jealous musicians! I play professionally and have already used my "LPJ" on several gigs in the last month,.... Plainly put, the Gibson "LPJ" delivers in playability as well as a fantastic spectrum of sound,... No problem at all with this guitar! If there was anything about this guitar that I would change, it would be a pick panel and a little more finish,.. but hey, I'm a happy man with my new "LPJ"! As far as the "blog boys" go,... all I can say is, "get out of your computer chairs, quit telling everyone about how much you know and go show us,... play a Gibson guitar and make a living at it for real. "Gibson Rules, (bloggers drool)"!!!
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Super Cool " submitted September 30, 2013

By Brian M in Huffman, TX
Musical Background: 20; Bass, Guitar
Music Style: Metal, Blues.
Overall: I used to own a faded SG, and the LPJs’ are not the same guitar as the faded models. A lot of good guitar companies are making LP body style guitars with more features and finish for about the same price or less. But they aren’t Gibson. I believe these are way better than the other guitars in their price range. I played a Gold Top for about an hour and I’m sold. I’m getting one of these - screw the light bill. \M/ it’s not a progressive metal shredder’s guitar because the neck is kind of fat, although it is still very comfortable. I would replace those 490 pickups first opportunity because they don’t compliment the tonal possibility of this guitar. A hard shell case is a must. The only issue I observed was that the finish was a little screwed up around the neck pocket and the finish is thin. Maybe some polish would help protect and shine it up. Hey Gibson why not have the push/pull coil tap option as the Epi models?- whatever. I don’t believe there are too many Gibson models this cheap with a Gold Top option so that is a collectable red flag.

"I am humbled at the magnificent guitar I have received. " submitted September 16, 2013

By Waymond L in Monroe , AR
Musical Background: Since 1984, I play guitar, drums, bass, piano
Music Style: Blues, Rock. the likes of Iron Maiden, ZZ TOP, Megadeth, Metallica.
Overall: Please! I am begging you. Do not let this price fool you. This is an AMAZING guitar. I purchased the rubbed white... It is striking. It is like seeing a wonderfully beautiful woman nude for the first time. It will make you stare and drool. Gibson lost me for a while... I mean they were making some products that were not good...not finished well. Boy did they save themselves. This guitar is 700.00 and worth EVERY penny. It is built very very well... Of course they cut corners.. But mainly its the pretty stuff. This guitar looks like a guitar that could step in a boxing ring and beat some butt. I promise you this is the guitar to get if you want a Gibson and dont have a ton of money. Plus the pay as you play... I mean when will others learn. That is the way to go! It sounds and plays like an angel on acid. The neck is so rad... I am in love. I have never played a guitar I loved as much as this one now. My Fav was my Dean flying V 79... It has been moved aside for a while. Seriously don't worry about the price. It is an amazing guitar. Thank You Gibson, Thank You ZZounds.

"Gibson LPJ" submitted January 1, 2014

By Olivier B
Musical Background: I am a hobby player
Music Style: 70's rock
Overall: Zzound people set me up with a great guitar and a great payment plan, my second guitar btw.They seem to always have the best deal on stuff and they are reliable.Definetely recommend !

"Great Guitar, the mellow, fully sustain soundS, Thanks ZZound.com!" submitted November 27, 2013

By Vietxuan LE in los Angels, CA
Musical Background: Guitar player 30+ years
Music Style: Blues- Pop - light Rock
Overall: Thanks to ZZoounds I got this Gibson. On sale with the lowest price fo the Holiday. Ship extremely Fast and well Protect boxing, Great Services!

"Great Axe" submitted April 18, 2013

By Colton P in Gulfport, MS
Musical Background: Guitar for 10 years, professionally for the last 7 years
Music Style: Hard Rock
Overall: Bought the Gold Top and couldn't be happier. It plays great, set up was good out the box. The pickups sound great. No QC issues at all with mine. The 1 and only thing I can find on mine that I wish was different is the pickup selector switch is not the typical switch used by Gibson. There is nothing wrong with it, just not the normal one. The tip threads on instead of slides on. But overall the guitar is great.

When you call, mention priority code 171S-HZLP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976