When you call, mention priority code 15GQ-WMTL

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2014 LP Futura Min

This hot-rodded Les Paul comes loaded with an aggressive P-90H Sidewinder pickup in the neck, a BurstBucker 3 in the bridge, and Gibson's Min-ETune system.

"My first Gibson" submitted March 14, 2014

By Philip Cauley in Douglas, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I guess I would be a hobbyist. I play the saxophone since 5th grade, and guitars since 13, I turn 40 this year.
Music Style: I play a little of everything from classic rock and country to modern pop.
Overall: I just got my Iverness Green Futura today. I unpacked it and checked the fit and finish, everything was perfect. The guitar plays great out of the box, but I will still take it to my local shop to fine tune the setup. This guitar sounds and plays great. After a few negative reviews I read I was worried but as soon as I strummed the first chord I was pleased. The E tune feature is very cool and worked perfectly!

"Les Paul Futura pacific blue" submitted March 11, 2014

By Matt Hersh in Studio City, CA
Musical Background: guitarist who has been playing for about 10 years
Music Style: Mostly heavy stuff, metal, some acoustic folk rock
Overall: Just got my LP Futura in today! It's absolutely stunning, in perfect condition, and plays like a dream. And I didn't even have to pay for it all at once because of Pay as you Play! I could not be happier! Oh, and the ETune is so brilliant! I haven't fully figured out how to save my own tunings yet (I usually play in drop C#), but other than that it is extremely convenient.

"Min-ETune and the Guitar" submitted July 22, 2014

By Doug Emery
Musical Background: Home Studio Musician
Music Style: Many forms of rock, heavy, progressive, electronic.
Overall: I researched the Futura for 2 weeks by watching all the Youtube videos I could find. I actually played the 2014 LPM & SGM models. Originally, I thought I wanted the SG but ended up liking the feel of the Les Paul over the SG. I knew I wanted a model with the Min-ETune. I wasn't fully impressed with the pickups in the LPM model. So, because I wanted a bigger sound, I took a leap and bought the Futura without ever playing one. It was a good gamble. I am impressed with the Futura. The pickup selections are fun and they all sound good. I really like having the options with the coil tap offerings. I bought the Brilliant Red and it looks better than I imagined it would. I just really like this guitar. Just so you know; there are some YouTube videos that say you can wind the tuning keys manually. Nope. You don't want to do that. These people are wrong. You will take the chance of damaging the servos on the Min-ETune system. There is a short instruction manual you can get online that tells you how to use the Min-ETune. I highly recommend you read this quick manual before messing with the system. The unit has a bit of a learning curve, but once you understand it, it all makes sense and is easy to remember. If you don't read this short manual you could end up damaging your Min-ETune system. My review of the Min-ETune is 10/10. I love it. To be able to quickly jump to different tunings is awesome, and it tunes perfectly. I read and play guitar tab, and as you know, not every song is in standard tuning. This device has spoiled me. A tip when using the Min-ETune: Strum the strings one time directly over the rhythm pickup. Then do nothing more while the letters flash different colors. Eventually, the colors will stop flashing and you will be left with letters that are solid green and solid red. The solid green strings are finished. Strum the red strings one at a time until all are green. The system will then turn itself off. I have watched people on YouTube and in real life strum the strings more than once before the colors turn solid and the system fails. Or, they will strum more than one solid red string, instead of one at a time, and the system fails. Now that I know how to use the system, when I read complaints about it online, I can tell by their description that they are doing it wrong. Another tip when using the Min-ETune: while you are holding the guitar and you look at the interface of the system (located on the back of the headstock), you might not notice the direction used to display the strings is backwards. For example, if I were to tell you my guitar tab is in standard tuning I would write it like so EADGBe. And you would know that the thickest string is E, the next thickest string is A… and the smallest string is e (or E). Well, while you are looking at the interface (on the back of the headstock), you might not notice that it is backwards! It is written eBGDAE. Because of this, you might get confused as to which string the system is referring you to, to strum! I was confused and thought the system was broken! I then remembered a guy in the music store said, ‘he loved the Min-ETune but had to work his way around remembering the strings were written backwards!’ Seriously, the manual is real short. Just read it and test it out as you read the manual and I am sure you will like the Min-ETune. Again, I really like this guitar. So many sounds, and the guitar feels good to play. I like it.

"So happy" submitted April 25, 2014

By Ernest Bertrand in Central, SC
Musical Background: 20 years - then TBI/TIA/PTSD - then 5 years restudy
Music Style: old school - all styles - metal and blues are predominant
Overall: This guitar was a great edition to the Les Paul Line. Mine. Champagne had an issue with one of the pots. zzounds sent me to Gibson and/or offered to take it back. I chose to get it fixed. Gibson sent me the the part and Mike @ Guitar Center (Greenville) fixed it (free - 1 day) - the guitar is amazing - much different from my other Les Paul's. Happy camper - USA Gibson - cant fail - go for it I'm not unfamiliar with Les Pauls (you should see my closet)

"great modern guitar" submitted May 13, 2014

By Ernest B in Central, SC
Musical Background: been playing guitar since the 70's
Music Style: classic rock, metal
Overall: I was a bit concerned about all the new electronics Gibson now employs but found everything was really easy to understand and use. It came with a malfunctioning control pot. Zzounds offered to take it back but Gibson fixed it for free (only took a day at a local shop). This guitar is so versatile it's amazing. I'm in love with it.

"Sweet" submitted April 3, 2014

By Pacer Clement in Pasadena, MD
Music Style: Blues, rock , country ,jazz
Overall: This one awesome version of the les paul live the sidewinder pickup

"Nice guitar but has problems with the finish." submitted September 22, 2014

By Dan C in Rockwall, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar since 1982. I play everyday and play with a band in public once or twice a month.
Music Style: Rock, blues, Christian & Reggae
Overall: The Gibson Les Paul Futura is nice but it has some problems with the finish. The fretboard itself doesn't fit on the neck correctly. After searching Google to see if anyone else has this problem it appears to be somewhat common with American made Gibsons. This is really disappointing. The instrument is quite versatile, with the coil splitting for the bridge humbucker and the neck stacked p90.

When you call, mention priority code 15GQ-WMTL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976