When you call, mention priority code 20N-2VLC

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Classic

This limited-edition Les Paul is about as classic as it gets. A beautiful plain maple top and two '57 Classic zebra humbuckers ooze vintage tone and style.

"Gibson Les Paul "Classic"" submitted January 22, 2016

By Steve F in Sebastopol, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Recreational Guitarist & Drummer Player since the mid 60's.
Music Style: Rock, Blues & Rockabilly.
Sound: The out of the box sound was better then I could of imagined. The 57 Classic Zebra Pick-Ups were bright, clean, raunchy & the sustain was worthy of the "Money Shot" playing Gary Moore's Parisienne Walkways! I play through a Fender Twin & a Marshall JCM 800 in tandem via a Boss ME-70 Combo Foot Switch Box that I will be replacing with individual Boxes. Feature: For me; it was the exposed Pick-Ups and the Honeyburst Finish. This being (probably) the only Les Paul I will own had to be special to me. I like the Gold-Top, the Black Beauty (which I own as an Epiphone) and the Sunburst. But the Honeyburst won out. It truly is a beautiful finish. Ease of Use: The obvious difference between this Guitar & the others is the weight. It is heavy, but it is a "GOOD" Heavy! The Controls rotate cleanly & evenly and the neck fits perfect in my hand. The Gibson Pegs work smoothly and stay in tune. Quality: It's a American made Gibson Les Paul; I EXPECT it to be exactly that! Value: I was very comfortable with the Price for this Guitar. And the kicker......the hard Case. The thing is a work of art within itself! Manufacturer Support: Have had no need at this point to contact the Manufacturer. The Wow Factor: The WOW factor is off the charts for me as this being my 1st. true Les Paul, it is (so far) bringing me a tremendous joy playing it. My Wife comments every time I practice how good the sound is, especially the sustain! Overall: Since the late 60's I always wanted to own & play a "REAL" American made Gibson Les Paul. After seeing Jeff Beck, Peter Green, Fogarty, Betts, Allman, Bloomfield, Page perform with one, I wanted one! I held back; couldn't justify the cost, wasn't a good enough player to own one etc. Always out of reach. Settled on playing foreign made Les Paul's, Strat's & Tele's. However now that I am of the "Bucket List" age, I said the heck with it all and bought my 1st. true Les Paul. After reviewing all of the possible choices, I selected the "Classic", for appearance ( I like the exposed Pick-Ups), for cost and most of all, I felt it was the best one for me. A choice I will never regret! It has made me a better Player.

"amazing guitar for a good price " submitted December 7, 2015

By edward kocanda in spring hill, FL
Overall
Musical Background: intermediate student trying to get a band going
Music Style: blues, hard rock
Overall: so i was unsure of this guitar. when I bought i figured i would return it for the 2015 traditional which isn't weight relieved and has the true hummbucker style pickups. however once i pulled it out of the box, (which was shipped very well it was in a biz zZounds box with a smaller gibson box that was totally wrapped in bubble wrap. The smaller gibson box when i opened that, it had the guitar case which was also wrapped in bubble wrap. the guitar was already setup from zZounds which i thought was a nice touch. plugged it in an this thing plays like a dream. everything about it is just perfect. and the sustain for even being weight relieved is still about 10 seconds. would definitely recommend this guitar at it will add to anyone collection it is an absolute dream to play. plus the 12 month no interest payments is amazing. As long as your responsible with it its a good program

"Absolute Beauty !" submitted April 9, 2016

By John B in Jacksonville, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing 20+ years - guitar only.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, & Metal
Sound: The sound is totally amazing - The neck pickup is smooth sounding This axe has fantastic sustain and warmth. Although don't be fooled because this LP Classic is capable of very aggressive sounds. Feature: I like the simplicity of the LP Classic - Something noticeable is the fretboard; it is a dark rosewood fretboard; my other LP's seem to have a lighter rosewood color. The 60's taper and the fretboard really standout with this one. Heck, it even came with a picture of my guitar on the Gibson tech's workbench! Ease of Use: It's a Gibson - it's "easy" to use. Quality: Gibson most certainly emphasized quality for the 2016 models, and this LP Classic is no exception. When I got it from zZounds, I immediately took it to a well-known guitar tech and he was floored by the quality, the build, and the feel of it. The Classic '57 pickups are phenomenal ! Value: I certainly feel the value of this guitar was worth the price I paid. Manufacturer Support: No Need. The Wow Factor: The wow factor is the build and sound... this ha made me a better player because it makes me want to play the guitar much, much more than ever before. I have a very hard time putting it down, and I've even gone to bed 2-3 hours later than usual because I enjoy playing it so much. Overall: First.... zZounds is without question the best music store I've ever ordered from. They offer the latest and greatest products - they have the BEST customer service of any on-line music gear retailer - they make ordering very easy and simplistic - and they offer the BEST payment plans in the business....by far! I won't even entertain doing musical gear business with anyone else - from now on, it's zZounds, and zZounds only for me and my family.

"Mad mojo" submitted April 1, 2016

By William Hannum in Philafelphia, PA
Musical Background: Guitar ,bass
Music Style: Hard rock , blues
Overall: Just got my LesPaul classic in Cherry burst from zZounds I have a LesPaul traditional already but I want twd some thing with a 60's neck carve. Man this plays better than I expected, like butter . The neck is not to thin but faster than the traditional 59 neck carve . The pick ups in my opinion are the best set ya can put in a Gibson. Killer tone out of the box the set up and intonation were perfect , just live this cherry burst finish really a high quality guitar .like a old school classic . The price is very good for this guitar . Gibson got this right . If your lookin for a les paul with great features at a great pruce this vlassic is where its at if your thinkin bout it do it ya wont be sorry This is my second guitar from zZounds and I gotta say they are great folks Very helpful through the whole process and thier payment plans are a great way to get the gear ya want . very happy customer ,thanx zZounds

"A Great Purchase Experience" submitted March 28, 2016

By Paul N in Williamsburg, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I've played professionally on and off for over 40 years.
Music Style: Blues and rock
Overall: I was worried because I never ordered a guitar this way. I called and talked to a customer service rep, who made me feel comfortable by answering my questions. I received my beautiful Les Paul Classic in honey burst when he said I would. The packing was outstanding and this guitar was playable right out of the box. They also gave me the best price I could find. I will purchase from them again.

"Great guitar" submitted March 19, 2016

By Jim Vance in Cheyenne, WY
Musical Background: jsm at home
Music Style: Play mostly blues
Overall: This Gibson Les Paul is fantastic!! The 60's slim taper neckmakes this guitar a joy to play as it is super comfortable. I love the zebra pickups for the wide ranges of sound from mellow jazz to growlin blues, this Gibson can handle it.

"Awesome!!!!" submitted February 7, 2016

By Eddie C in Newport News, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music sinces I was a kid. Started with saxophone. Picked up the guitar to figure out harmonies.
Music Style: Hard Rock, metal, punk, R&B.
Overall: It's exactly what I wanted. Intonation and action was perfect right out of the case. And it plays soooo easy. I am extremely happy about my purchase.

"My First Les Paul" submitted May 23, 2016

By Mike Howe in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Music Style: Rock, Country, Jazz, R&B, Rock in Espanol and wherever the fret-board takes me.
Overall: I play Rock, country, R&B , rock in espanol and wherever my fretboard takes me. My first guitar was a Mosrite I bought back at guitar center in 73. Then I bought my first Gibson and L69 in 77. It was a great guitar and I always wished that I had not of sold it. I went on to buy my first Fender strat. It was a Ultra Strat with the Lace sensor pick-ups, Floyd Rose tremelo and locking tuners. I swear this guitar does not come out of tune. This has been my main guitar for the last twenty years. When zZounds came up with this offer for a Gibson Les Paul, I was hooked and the thought of owning this baby made me crazy. I couldn't sleep at night thinking about playing this girl. When it showed up on my door step, and I opened the box I nearly fell out. It was absolutely gorgeous. I have the 60s neck and I can tell you that she frets like out of this world, and is a better ax for my style and play. Thanks ZZ for giving me this opportunity of a life.

"Why we play" submitted October 19, 2016

By Darrin Ros in Jonesboro, AR
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years of playing. Anytime anywhere musician.
Music Style: What ever sounds good.
Overall: Just opened the box, and it hit me, I have been loving Les Pauls since I was 10. I was born on June 9 (Les Pauls also) and saw my first one in Gulfport Ms in 75. I have owned many. This Heritage Sunburst is flawless. Stunning. Sounds like a beast. Love it. Thanks to the zZounds staff who helped me get just the right one.

"Honeyburst Heaven" submitted October 12, 2016

By Joseph Tamagna in Larchmont, NY
Music Style: Rock/Alternative Rock
Overall: Amazing LP. I have always loved LP classics. Lost my copper top classic years ago so when I saw this one, I fell in love. I picked the heaviest one. It's amazing, set up out of the box was perfect and plugged in it sounds perfect. the 57 and 57 plus humbuckers are perfect and the price is right. the plaintop is magnificent!!! zZounds is an amazing site and the customer service is awesome.

"Gibson Exclusive Les Paul Classic" submitted December 7, 2016

By Kimberly Oxford in North Adams, MA
Overall
Overall: I was so excited when I first got this guitar until I realized it doesn't stay in tune, EVER. On top of it the screws on the stop bar tail piece is all chipped underneath.Such a waste, but it's not even worth sending it back to wait 5 days just to get another that'll probably end up the same way.

When you call, mention priority code 20N-2VLC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976