When you call, mention priority code 141V-FWNN

Rating and Reviews: 2014 Les Paul Classic

Gibson hot-rodded this Les Paul! You get zebra-coil '57 Classic and coil-tappable Super '57 humbuckers, a 15 dB boost toggle, Orange Drop tone cap, and more.

"The Better Choice" submitted February 24, 2014

By Ryan S in Irving, TX
Musical Background: 21 years as a hobbyist
Music Style: styles i enjoy playing: post-punk, stoner/doom/grunge, classic rock
Sound: The classic 57 and Super 57 pickups sound incredible. Having owned a 2014 studio for a short time, I wasn't very excited about the coil split, but the LP Classic's coil split sounds great, much more of a Les Paul p90 sound when split(don't expect strat tones from this body type). Feature: The Weight relief is nice. do keep in mind though, that you can pcik your model on ZZounds, and the weights I saw varied from 8.4 lbs to 10.1lbs. If you prefer the heaver feel, go for it. DB Boost switch is nice, and helps push tubes harder(At bedroom level, this is a nice feature, but beware when using on clean channel). I see using it more as always on or off, than for soloing, as the switch is a bit awkward to hit while playing(for me anyways). Quality: The quality really shows in this product, from the finish, to the feel. Set up was great out of the box, I didn't have to adjust the neck, action, or intonation. Just tune up, and rock out. Value: This is a great value. If you are die hard LP traditionalist(wanting NIBs and a fourth tone control), you'll want to make the step up to Traditional. I've played a lot of Fenders in my day, so I'm used to just one tone control. That being said, this is the best guitar I've ever owned, and totally worth the money(you get what you pay for). Also the case is really nice. The Wow Factor: This guitar definitely has wow factor visually and sonically. Overall: I got the Vintage Sunburst model about a week ago, and have since put the guitar through it's paces. I had returned a 2014 studio, so making the jump to this price and level held pretty high expectations, and it passed them. I couldn't be happier.

"As Advertised - An updated Classic" submitted July 6, 2014

By Michael Walker in Peterborough, ON
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years playing music, 18 on guitar. piano, bass, brass and woodwinds, mandolin, harmonica. Played pro for a few years.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Bluegrass
Overall: Got a 'blemished' model, couldn't really see any problems other than some fingerprints. Saved $600 doing it this way - highly recommend looking for these bargains! Got delivery of this ax a week ago (thanks zZounds shipping, amazing and quick). Opened the box. Tuned it up and rocked. Fit, finish and set-up were spot on. I haven't even changed the strings yet or made any intonation or action adjustments, it just was perfect out of the box, and I consider myself to be VERY picky about these things. Finish is pretty. I got vintage sunburst. Nice and Glossy. The top has a 'slight' flame in the maple which is nice and purdy.... the '57 classic pickups are amazing, the neck has a warm bluesy sound and the bridge has a little extra punch for some balls-out rock! the coil taps take you into Fender-ish territory. The 15db boost switch sounds great but I am more inclined to play without it and use pedals for boost, either way, the options are there and that is an awesome thing. There are no bad sounding settings on this guitar. Even the bridge pickup tapped sounds great, not shrill as one might expect. This guitar sustains for days. Due to the density and weight of the wood I'm sure, it has that classic Lester Paulster Sustainer! Pro Tip: Put the pickup selector in the middle, playing both pickups, then tap just the neck pickup... most amazing clean rhythm tone I have ever heard! I play through a fender Supersonic 22 with a bunch of pedals... sounds great on any setting. Con: This thing is ridiculously heavy. 9.2 pounds on my scale, as opposed to 5-6 pounds for most of my other guitars (Gibson SG, Fender Tele and Strat). I will be purchasing a new strap with more shoulder support. Seriously, this thing will give you back aches and I know it's weight relieved... Don't think I could play one that wasn't!!! Besides the weight. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this guitar to anyone that can afford the relatively high price tag (but way better value that the Standard and Traditional models). It will do any type of music justice. Rock, Blues, Jazz, Big Band... whatever, this thing will do it. If I had to get rid of all my guitars but one, which is a lot of guitars (I have an addiction), I would keep this one, it's absolutely phenomenal. BUY IT!!! CLICK THE BUTTON NOW!!! GET IT!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!????

"Been waiting to get this guitar for 15 years - very happy" submitted June 5, 2014

By Brian Roberts in Lake Worth, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 19 Years, originals and covers for fun...
Music Style: Pretty much everything.... I love Rock/Hard Rock and some metal - but im a classic rock guy for the most part. But there are goo
Overall: The guitar is great, ive always wanted a classic since they resemble the same guitar used by Mr Page in the Song Remains the Same movie. The pickups are great, but im going to swap out the bridge to a 498t (Got other gibsons and they seem to drive plexis more than the 57's). Otherwise, Ive called this guitar the grail for many years as its the only non studio les paul I want. I have the heritage cherry one and I didnt realize at the time of checkout that you could pick the one you want... I want a heavier les paul, and I was happy that I got a 9.5lb one.... couldnt be happier with this if I tried. The setup out of the box was great, but the tones are amazing. The guitar has a nice sustain to it so no matter what pickups you have it will sound good. Only thing about the guitar is that the electronics are of the new modern pcb... so all the pots are soldered to the board - I like riding the volume control and prefer linear pots instead of audio taper.. the volume is a bit tough to turn, but I think over time it will loosen up a bit (Doesnt bother me anyway the guitar is wonderful to play). What is cool electronics wise is that when pulling out the battery, I still have a signal so i dont have to worry about the battery dying and cutting out signal - this is good news... Also pickup changes will be way simple if using other newer gibson pickups since its a quick connect. normally i would strip the electronics out and replace the pots with dimarzio linear taper but im going ot leave this guitar as is (With the exception of swapping the bridge to a 498t). The neck pickup sounds great on this guitar, the single coil sounds are great if you need a passable strat tone on stage. Im very pleased with this guitar, especially with the binding not covering the frets - I do wide swings on bends so this thing is perfect for me.. its the guitar ive been dreaming about for years and im glad I held out for the 2014 ones instead of the older ones. The neck profile btw is 60s slim which is exactly what I wanted. You wont go wrong with this guitar for sure, the finish is beautiful as well......

"2014 Gibson Les Paul Classic" submitted March 12, 2014

By Mike N in North Richland Hills, TX
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 12 yrs. I'm not a pro but in a band
Music Style: Classic rock
Sound: The 57 classic humbucker kicks major butt. Pure classic rock tones. Feature: The 15 db boost is a cool feature. When you need that push, it will give it to you. Take the 9 volt battery out that drives the boost and it's a killswitch. I don't use the coil splits as much because I love the humbucker tone. The 60's neck is like "butta", super fast. Quality: Quality on my guitar was flawless. No cosmetic issues. The Cherry Sunburst finish is simply BEAUTIFUL. Value: Selling price did not matter me to me. I was going to get it no matter what. The Wow Factor: I'll give this product a perfect 10. Completely satisfied with my purchase. Overall: I had the guitar for a month and 100% happy with my purchase.

"Zzounds' customer service is a cut above the rest ! " submitted April 16, 2014

By Paul House in Delray Beach, FL
Musical Background: 25 yrs professionally
Music Style: all genres
Overall: I previously posted a review about this guitar in regards to the headstock breaking off clean and unexpectedly. Zzounds took this guitar back and sent a replacement the same day I shipped the return. The replacement guitar is a major improvement and I don't feel like I lost 2k due to a broken headstock. Anybody I have talked to said no way, they will never replace that guitar even if you only had it one week etc... Thank you Zzounds I will look no further than your store for all of my future purchases.

"Guitar Les Paul Classic" submitted May 20, 2014

By Pearl W in Prtland , OR
Musical Background: 20+ Pro level
Music Style: Pro rock alt/modern rock/blues Modern country
Overall: Guitar is a fabulous gem. Came set up perfectly. Stays in tune for days for the most part. It has 57 classic and classic plus pups instead of the creamic humbuckers earlier models came with. Split coil, 15 db boost orange drop cap's in the tone pot makes it huge treble/bright. Great work at Gibson. Its like getting a LP Standard for 1000's less

"Great sound" submitted March 17, 2014

By Mike B in Jackson, KY
Music Style: Rock, Country, Gospel, Blues
Overall: This guitar is absolutely beautiful and has such smooth, creamy, clean sounds. Of course, it weighs around 9 pounds so be prepared to deal with some back issues, LOL. The selectable humbucking/single coil pickups are very cool. The 15db boost switch is OK, but I would personally rather they kept a separate tone control.

"Gibson 2014 Les Paul Classic (WOW!)" submitted March 31, 2014

By Martin Flynn in Ithaca, NY
Musical Background: Professional full-time musician, 35 years experience
Music Style: Classic Rock, Rock, Country, Blues, Original
Overall: AMAZING! BEAUTIFUL! PLAYS LIKE BUTTER RIGHT OUT THE CASE!Everything that I expected and more!

"My First Les Paul!" submitted March 31, 2014

By Scot R in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years guitar Lifetime on drums!
Overall: I've played other peoples LP but was always a Strat guy. I finally made the leap and glad I did. I've experienced the wow factor before but opening the case on this red goddess was amazing. Beauty and tone. I'm very happy with this purchase!!

"Gibson 2014 Les Paul Classic" submitted March 16, 2014

By paul h in boca raton, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 20plus years playing own several guiatrs including 90s Les Paul standard.
Music Style: rock, blues
Overall: ZZounds is great but the guitar I purchased was a complete "dud. the neck was a 50'S profile C shaped neck not the 60 thinner d shaped neck that Gibson states is standard for this guitar. the new Gibson over the binding frets are so rough my hand actually hand sore spots after playing about 2 hours. the guitar was not set up at all either. now the finale- I changed strings to 11 gauge and now the finale- I opened the case which was only moved from one side of room after my string change and found the headstock snapped cleanly from the back and broke off when I pulled out the guitar. I went to authorised Gibson warranty repair center and they stated the guitar is defective( something to do with the wood grain and over sanding to a" thin accident waiting to happen") and should have never left the shop to begin with. The local repair center swears that Gibson will replace because he sent it in. if Gibson does not honor his opinion then ZZounds is going to need to step up and get me as replacement. I paid via easy payments and still owe a 11 more payments which I hope helps me when resolving the issue. Right now I have faith ands hope for the best an prepare for the worst!

"The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" submitted June 30, 2014

By Robert B in Canfield, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician, 38 years, guitar (Les Pauls and Hamers)
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Overall: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...... Well I just received my brand new 2014 Les Paul Classic (in Heritage) and I thought I would take a minute to provide my thoughts on the guitar and Gibson. This is my 3rd Les Paul purchased this year. The Good- Fit and Finish are 99% flawless. Went over this guitar with a fine tooth comb and could only find one imperfection (see "The Ugly"). The neck is perfect. Action was set up perfect, with no string buzz or dead spots. The binding on the neck and the body was flawless as well as were the frets. All the knobs and hardware were perfect. Interesting that the stop tailpiece has the words "Advanced Plating Co." stamped on it. Love the tone of the 57 Classic pickups in humbucker mode. They really scream when pushed through my amps...Budda SD30 and a Carvin V3. So far I am pretty impressed. The Bad- Not much love (yet) for the coil-tapped sound. When playing clean you can hear a nice "wanna-be" strat tone but once you kick in the overdrive on your amp, the tone get's lost and loses the single coil sweetness. I will say that playing through my Mesa Boogie 5:50 with the coils tapped, I got a really nice and glassy strat tone. It's going to take some tweaking on my amps to get the best of both worlds. Another bad is the strings that came on this guitar. IMO they are god awful strings. They say they are 10's but they feel like fishing line and sound about the same. Remove them and put a hook and worm on them or just throw them out. The Ugly- The nut.... whoever installed and/or filed this nut should be fired, or run over with a cement mixer. The slots were under filed, in fact the low e-string barely had a slot to rest in. All of the slots were very rough with some dark crud in them. Strange that 99% of the guitar was gorgeous and yet the nut looks like something you'd see on a guitar bought through JCPenney's! Not good Gibson, you can do better. Well that's all for now. You'll notice I haven't said anything about the 15db boost switch........ I am really on the fence about this one but maybe it will grow on me. So until then............Rock On!

When you call, mention priority code 141V-FWNN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976