When you call, mention priority code 156S-G37J

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LP Classic Custom

Kick your tone to the next level with the Les Paul Classic Custom. Amazing wood, new features, and Gibson quality make for classic LP goodness with a modern edge.

"Its a keeper" submitted April 20, 2012

By william m in Augusta , GA
Musical Background: 40 yrs
Music Style: Blues Rock, country
Overall: Absolutely awesome! Everything just right. The tone you crave and a looker at that. The baked maple feels and plays just like ebony. If your on the fence about buying one either drive miles away to a store that has one or order one from zzounds. My nearest GOOD guitar store is 147 miles away. This is a no brainer. Besides zzounds has a great return policy. I also want to thank zzounds for the payment plan. Being a single parent it helped me feel better about the purchase. This guitar will do nothing but satisfy!

"Patrick in Warner Robins GA, review of the Gold Top." submitted April 24, 2012

By Patrick R in Warner Robins, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 35 years, and 3 of my sons also play guitar.
Music Style: Hair metal, rock, heavy metal, classic rock, nu-rock, everything rock
Overall: I was aprehensive about the purchase of this guitar. I love Les Paul Customs and this one is priced at about half of the real deal. I now thank zZounds for enableing me to aquire this guitar, making it affordable. Most people will defend their purchase, saying its the best thing since peanut butter. This is a great guitar. The Gold Top is an off Gold however, almost like Gibson painted over another color. The nitro finish is first class, as is the baked maple fret board. This guitar sustains like no other I've owned. I'm 49 and have had almost every guitar a man can own. The slim taper neck is very SG like and I suspect the extra sustain comes from the maple fret board. The 57's actually sound better in this guitar then other gibsons I've owned. I'm perplexed as to why. The guitar is heavy but not quite as heavy as the custom shop versions which is a welcome bonus. Finish is top notch and it seems that Gibson may be reacting to complaints about quality checks in its guitars. Setup was great and I havnt changed a thing. Intonation is spot on, and resonance is bright and airy. This is a fine axe and a great deal at this price point !
44 of 46 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"More than I Expected" submitted September 8, 2012

By Artie N in Congers, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years of playing in bands, writing songs, recording, and gigging. Currently, I'm recording in my modest little studio.
Music Style: Rock, blues, pop, classic rock, country
Sound: The guitar can bite, burn, chunk, and play clean and sweet. Fantastic tone. Feature: It looks and sounds like a Les Paul. Enough said. Ease of Use: Plug it in, and it sounds great. You can some real bite just by turning the volume up on the guitar. Roll it off for less bite without sacrificing tone. I was surprised at how good it sounded with the volume on the guitar turned down a bit. Quality: I've only had it a week and half, but if it lives up to its reputation, it should sound great forever, right? Value: I don't know. Gibsons are expensive guitars, but this particular model was more affordable than some of the others. When I want something bad enough, value isn't as high on my list as affordability and affordability is pretty subjective. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any support. The Wow Factor: The Wow Factor is that when I open the case, I see (and smell) a beautiful Les Paul; when pick it up and hold it, I'm holding a beautiful Les Paul; and when I plug it in, I'm hearing a beautiful Les Paul. Some of my guitar playing friends have expressed their jealousy. I didn't think I'd be able to say any of that this year. Overall: I've wanted an ebony Les Paul for years, but the price was always too much for me to swing. zZounds offered the 12 month no interest pay as you play plan and I could finally get a Gibson Les Paul. The guitar arrived in one day (I don't live too far from the shopping address) and I've been playing it every day for at least an hour a day. Te guitar has the tones I was expecting and more. I'm playing with the tone and volume knobs and really getting some amazing sounds. I've been a Fender guy for 30+ years, and I love my '69 Telecaster and '79 Strat. Both those guitars are tone machines. The LP has added a new dimension to my sound that I thought had more to do with technique and gear than the actual guitar. I was wrong. The Classic Custom sounds and plays like no other. I couldn't be more happy with it. It winds up being my anniversary, Christmas, and birthday present this year, and that's OK with me. zZounds had the payment plan that made a dream come true. I haven't been able to put the guitar down for a week and a half now. The guitar looks beautiful. Great finish, classy pinstriped binding, chrome hardware, shiny ebony nitro. The baked maple neck is much darker than in the pictures. I was actually a little worried about that, but it looks like a rosewood neck and plays like butter. The split diamond headstock and Gibson inlays are sweet as are the inlays on the fretboard; I can't see any difference between the acrylic and the mother of pearl. The Les Paul Classic Custom is a gorgeous guitar. It's much heavier than I expected as they say it's chambered, but Les Paul's are supposed to be heavy, right? I do wish there were some options on the guitar. I would have liked to have white pickup rings and a white pickguard, but I suppose it wouldn't be a Classic Custom anymore. I could add those on my own down the road. Having said that, the guitar really does have its own unique look. I'm not an expert on Les Pauls, but this guitar has the sound I was looking for and more. Thanks to zZounds and Gibson for putting an incredible guitar in my hands and making a 30+ years of Les Paul dreams come true.

"The Mother of All Guitars" submitted June 18, 2012

By Jesus R in Miami, FL
Musical Background: Coming from classical
Music Style: Classical, Alternative, Rock
Sound: This sustains forever and the 57 humbuckers just won't quit. This is the best Les Paul I've played, and that includes customs, standards, traditionals, etc. Feature: This is a Les Paul. If you want garageband in your guitar, go somewhere else. Also: the maple fretboard is a feature more than anything else. You are getting something unique to this era of Les Paul (the Obama EPA post-confiscation era), and it actually adds tone, sound, and beauty to this Les Paul. I would stay away from lemon oil or anything that would darken this beautiful fretboard. The maple fretboard is one of the finest features present in this beauty. Ease of Use: The fretboard has a bounce unlike anything Gibson's done before. The very slender neck makes it a joy to play and play. This is a Les Paul for the ages. Quality: Spotless; unblemished; what can I say? It's ZZounds.com! Value: This guitar is worth so much more than I paid for it. It is unquestionably an LP that is undervalued (which may explain why it keeps selling out so quickly) Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: WOW doesn't begin to explain the looks of this beauty. BTW: There's a bug on the site that only let me give this guitar a 4.5 overall, and it didn't let me change it: that's dead wrong. This is a 5, and if I could give it a 6, I would. Overall: Frankly, folks, I expected a souped-up studio LP with some fancy looks. What I got instead was a super-heavy (this is a good thing), glossy, inexplicably understated (even with all the embellishments) tone machine. This thing sustains forever; it doesn't stop. It was unblemished and perfect when it arrived (as is ZZ's way -- thank you ZZ), and it is smoother to play than any LP out there. The 57 humbuckers are the mellowest and sweetest you will ever own, and this LP just does not quit. Right now, I've noticed that these are out of stock everywhere you look. If you find this guitar in stock, however, buy it on the spot. I got mine in goldtop (it was the only one available and it would've been my choice regardless) and it was perfect right out of the box. Only one of the strings needed tuning, and the action was a little high on the treble end. Thirty seconds of work and this Les Paul growls a whole lot more than anything else I would have even remotely considered. Again: if you can find it, buy it.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This Is A Gold Top Heirloom!!" submitted November 30, 2012

By Mark W in Pleasant Garden, NC
Musical Background: 30+ years. Strat. Tele. Martin HD28-LSV
Sound: These Classic 57 Humbuckers are awesome. Amazing sustain. Playing through my 65 Twin Reverb, cleans are sweet and mellow. Through my Marshall, it will grind. You could play any type of music with this! Feature: Love the weight. Not too heavy. Very balanced when standing and playing. Stays in tune Ease of Use: This baby plays itself! Seriously, it is very effortless to play. Very responsive. Quality: Not a flaw on it. I've searched all over it and cannot find one single thing wrong. I am so OCD that if I found one it would drive me crazy! I'm telling you, this thing is perfect! Intonation on D string slightly off. Easy fix. Stay in tune very well. Action good for my taste. No buzzing anywhere. Value: How can they make it so good and sell it so cheap?? Great price for a quality guitar. I found it cheaper at another website. Emailed zZounds and they quoted me $50 less than what I found! Great price and great 8 month pay plan! Manufacturer Support: Not needed. The Wow Factor: Very beautiful guitar. It's eye candy! Multi-ply binding is perfect on body and neck. I like the black pick guard with the black trim around the pick-ups I'll probably change the black speed knobs, but that's just my taste. Like the chrome hardware much better than the gold that was on my Studio. Gold top finish is sweet. Nitrocellulose sealer looks good. Good hardshell case included. Overall: When I get a new guitar I always tell my son that when I'm gone you can have it, and inevitably, I sell or trade it for whatever reason! Well this one will be handed down for it is a keeper. I have never had a guitar this sweet. I have been wanting another Les Paul for months. (I previously owned a white Studio. Traded it for a Custom Shop Tele. Hated the color) Anyway, I shopped/played every guitar I could put my hands on for months. Nothing seemed to "feel" or look right. They were nice guitars, but they didn't sell themselves to me. I played one Traditional that felt and sounded good. However it was about $500 more than the Classic Custom. Let me say I was a little nervous about ordering this from zZounds. Didn't know what I'd get or what it would sound like, etc... Let me say my nerves have been calmed!! This guitar is a masterpiece! It really is! I am super picky! There is not a flaw on this guitar! It is mint! Effortless to play. Sustains forever! I wanted a smaller neck on a Les Paul and the 60's neck is PERFECT. The maple fretboard is super smooth and I love the look of it. Honestly, I've always loved the Cherry Sunburst flamed maple top on a Standard, but this Goldie will be hard to beat! Better get one before they're all gone!

"Love This Guitar!" submitted October 13, 2012

By Rex Bernard in Indianapolis, IN
Musical Background: 20 years Hobbyist?Amateur
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Overall: I have purchased my second Gibson LP Classic Custom this year. I have a black one and a gold one. I can't heap enough praise on these guitars! They look beautiful, play nicely, and sound amazing! The PUPS sounds thick, and although I'm an active-EMGs kind-of-guy, I'm leaving these bad boys in place! I also love the smell of a new Gibson! I might buy the white one next! Thanks for a great guitar, Gibson. Thanks for great customer service, zZounds

"Buy One Now!" submitted August 31, 2012

By John S in Davison, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Been Playing for 20 years, used to gig professionally now retired, Blues, Rock. I play Strats, Pauls and a 335
Music Style: BLUES
Overall: Got Mine, In Wine Red, From zZounds yesterday! It is a beautiful, Well constructed Gibson Les Paul! This guitar gives you the sound and feel of a classic Les Paul for a lot less than you would normally pay! The 57 Humbuckers sound awesome for any style of music, (Blues - Rock). The body and neck feel like a Les Paul should feel. I have older Les Pauls (a 63 Deluxe and a 82 Std) I think this guitar out classes them all the way! Gibson USA MADE Les Paul with TOP NOTCH Quality and Construction and Classic Les Paul Tone for under $2000!!! Ya' Gotta Get One!

"great goldy" submitted May 3, 2012

By corey t in milford, MA
Overall
Musical Background: iv been playing for 25+ years=i play mostly guitar=i jam at homeand witha few other people
Music Style: metal=blues=progressive=heavy alternative
Overall: i always wanted a custum=never could afford one=with zounds awesome financing and the fact that this lp custum is about half of a regular custum and it came in gold!!! i like that it doesnt have binding on the back or the back isnt gold=the wood is beautiful!!! the backed maple neck is awesome so far=this is new for gibson= i love everything about this guitar=i love what makes it different from the regular custom=geat stuff

"Guitar of the Gods" submitted September 20, 2012

By Cwall W in Fort worth, TX
Musical Background: 25 years of bending guitar strings
Music Style: Rock, hard rock, blues
Overall: Sleek, fast and sounds like a beast for any style. Save your money on this and skip the les Paul standard. Also don't be scared of the baked maple neck. People hate change of something they are used too. However, if you played this guitar you would understand that it played faster and brighter than a rosewood. The neck reminds me of a modern C strat neck on steroids. Buy this guitar and you will retire all others in your collection.

"WOW" submitted June 25, 2012

By Paul B in Lake Village, AR
Musical Background: Been playing for 2 years, jam with friends
Music Style: Old school rock, Jazz, some metal
Overall: I just got my Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic and all i can say is this guitar is beyond amazing!!. I got the natural finish and i cant keep my eyes or hands off of this guitar. The tone is amazing, it will go from jazz to blues to all out hard rock and beyond. Do yourself a favor..if you are thinking about getting this guitar GET IT you will be glad you did.

"Apples and Oranges" submitted September 24, 2012

By Michael M in APO, AE
Musical Background: Jam at home type of guy
Music Style: Everything from Clapton to Five Finger Death Punch
Overall: I fell into the rut of believing the Epiphone hype, "Why spend so much money on a Gibson when an Epihone sounds just the same??? Your just paying for the name!!!" So I have owned Epi after Epi after Epi and they are GREAT guitars... love em. I finally decided to pull the trigger on a Gibson.......... Let me re-assure you.... there is no comparison. Ladies and Gentlemen.... I have been playing for 12 years and this particular Gibson LP is by far the best sounding, easiest playing guitar I have ever owned and I have owned MANY!!! Would definitely buy again...... and the case is top notch too!!!

"Les Paul Custom for the Price of a Standard?!" submitted October 16, 2012

By Scott R in Oceanside, CA
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: rock/pop/indie
Overall: I don't know how Gibson Managed to price this guitar where they did, certainly the baked maple fret board and rear body binding can't be worth $1500, either way though I'm thankful they did. This guitar has all the beauty of a LP Custom, the craftsmanship is nothing short of what you would expect out of a guitar carrying the Custom name. The Baked Maple fret board is now my favorite of all my gibsons. It's got a beautiful bite to the tone without being harsh. The '57 classic pickups in there deliver your amp that truly classic gibson LP tone. I can't imagine a scenario where someone gets this guitar and is not impressed with it's tone, build, and look. It truly is one of the best new gibson models of recent history.

"Amazing Guitar" submitted October 16, 2012

By Daniel Monzon in North Pole, AK
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years playing guitar, Gibson SG Standard, Gibson Les Paul Custom
Overall: I have had a few Les Pauls and SG's in the past. I was playing with an SG Standard and decided to get this custom. I was amazed at how solid this sounds. People have often complemented on the sound of this guitar. I am in love with this, and the ease of playing with it. I have to fix a little bit of the intonation when it arrived but other than that, this has been one of the best experiences in playing guitar that I have had in the last 15 years of playing. A must have!

"Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom" submitted September 19, 2012

By Serge E in New York, NY
Musical Background: Music producer, Audio Engineer
Music Style: All styles
Overall: This is an incredible guitar, it has an incredible tone and sustain that can go on for days! The baked maple fretboard adds a very distinct flavor to the guitar, I personally think it makes it sound a little brighter but still in Les Paul territory. The humbuckers are incredible too! Overall a great buy.

"Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom- Cream" submitted December 11, 2012

By NIck H in Belding, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing acoustic for 9 years and this the first electric that I have owned.
Music Style: Rock, country and blues
Overall: Amazing! The sound is awesome and the playablitity couldn't be better. The baked maple fretboard is so smooth. Thank you zzounds.com.

"Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic" submitted May 13, 2012

By Shane J in Nashville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing about 20yrs. Jamming with friends, occasional gigs,home recording
Music Style: Rock,metal,blues
Overall: I was a bit apprehensive about the baked maple fretboard but it turns out I actually enjoy the bit of top end it adds! The fit and finish were both impeccable. I bought the antique natural and it looks great. It's also nice to have a Les Paul that is different from the bursts everyone else seems to have. The neck is similiar to a slim 60's and is extremely playable. Zzounds made the purchase easy with its payment options. All in all I am completely satisfied with my purchase. Thanks Zzounds! You have earned a lifelong customer.

"super fine wine" submitted October 24, 2012

By mr. miller in no hollywood, CA
Musical Background: 25+ years gigging guitarist/bassist
Music Style: rock, funk, blues, punk, metal
Overall: For 20 years I used guitars only for songwriting & played bass in the bands performing those songs.I began becoming a "real" guitarist about 5 years ago when I landed a guitar gig with full access to an amazing collection of fourteen american made 70's guitars that included a 72 tele, a 75 strat, a 74 G&L, and a 1972 Les Paul custom. Natural finish, ebony fretboard, and a brass nut.That guitar sold itself to me.When I decided a month ago I was finally worthy of a "real" guitar I went with the wine custom classic.Its still early and I havent fully realized this guitars potential (or mine with it) but wow What an amazing sounding piece of beautiful fine art.This guitar doesnt sound quite as sweet as that 72 does, but the owner of the 72 disagrees.He said that my brand new baby sounds as good, if not better, than his 40 year old baby does.I played both thru the same ac15 and they both had new strings.Love it, love it, love it.Worth all 200,000 pennies.

"Best Custom I ever owned" submitted October 23, 2012

By Donny Craven in Kansas City, MO
Musical Background: Semi Pro Rocker
Music Style: Rock Rock N Roll Southern Rock
Overall: This is my third custom and it is hands down the best! I like no binding on the back of the body the 60s neck and chrome hardware.

"Fantastic!" submitted November 19, 2012

Overall
Overall: I was reluctant about these new "Baked Maple" fretboard equipped Les Pauls but I must say, i'm glad I was wrong. The fit and finish on this guitar is beautiful. Setup was near perfect when I received it. I bought the Ebony "Classic Custom" as a "blemished" item for a great price, but I must say, I could not find any blemishes on the item. The guitar is weight relieved but still feels hearty. The only slight issues i have is the super slim feeling "60's" profile neck as I prefer a larger 50's shape. I also find the 57 classic pups a little soft for me, I would have liked a slightly hotter bridge pickup like the 57 classic + but that is totally a matter of preference. Otherwise this thing is a gem. Split diamond inlay and all!

"Great product and the price is right! A tone beast!" submitted December 11, 2011

By a customer from jetbroadband.com
Musical Background: 27 years experience with guitar
Music Style: rock, blues, jazz-rock, power metal
Sound: The '57 classic pickups sound marvelous! Nice sweet, even tone without any harshness or grunge. Feature: Features are the usual Les Paul three-way toggle and four volume/tone controls. No complaints. The new baked maple fretboard looks beautiful ! Mine is a darker color and beware that some of the maple fretboards are lighter than others. The frets seemed a little high, but just needed to be broken in. Ease of Use: Not easy to move up and down the fretboard at first....guitar fretboard has to be played and broken in. After the break-in period it's all thumbs up! The neck is supposed to be a 60's slim taper, but feels more like a medium 50's neck....outstanding! Quality: Guitar came with a few marks on the fretboard from where it looked liked the frets were initially set or filed. The guitar body is weight relieved and feels great...not cumbersome at all. Value: For the price, this guitar is what value is all about. Manufacturer Support: No problems with support. I rarely call Gibson unless I have a technical question, but have never had any malfunctions. The Wow Factor: Own it. Overall: I expect to be satisfied and keep the guitar for many years. I'd probably replace it if lost or stolen.

"If you are thinking about buying it, buy it." submitted November 26, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Music Style: Rocj
Sound: This is the Best Sounding Guitar I have ever played. Nice tones, very smooth sound but can add a snapping tone sound with a little extra picking. Feature: Two different volumes knobs for each pick up to blend sound. The Tremble and Rhythm switch makes it each to switched from Rhythm to Solo mode quickly. Ease of Use: It plays amazing!!!!!! Quality: It is quality and Gibson gives you a lifetime warranty. The Custom Case is very nice as well. Value: Considering most Les Pauls areover $2000 it is a good deal for the price with case. Manufacturer Support: Never need it. The Wow Factor: I own it and I love it!!!

"Super Guitar !!!!!" submitted April 13, 2012

By Daniel M in Syuyvesant, NY
Overall
Musical Background: For fun ....Play at home.
Music Style: Rock, Country & Blues
Overall: This Gibson plays as beautiful as it looks,(wine red) it sounds like the great guitar that it is. Action was outstanding right out of the box. The best buy you'll find anywhere......Mfg support is unknown as I haven't had to use it

"Affordable alternative!d" submitted April 30, 2012

By Shane Clark in Mont Belvieu, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for over 20 years. I have been in local bands and recorded at home.
Music Style: blues, rock, metal
Overall: I had always dreamed of owning a les paul custom, this is a way to get one without breaking the bank. Gibson hit it out of the park, the tone and sustain of this guitar is mindblowing! The only thing more awesome than the guitar itself is the way Zzounds does business. Myself and many other working stiffs couldn't have been able to attain instruments of this value and quality without these awesome payment plans. Kudos Zzounds, thank you!

"Les Paul Classic Custom Wine Red" submitted August 31, 2012

By Gary Kielczewski in Fort Frances, ON
Overall
Musical Background: Novice picker and general guitar lover, been messing with guitar for 40 years off and on, Just enjoy the relaxation of it.
Music Style: Little blues, little finger style, little rock, general funand relaxation.
Overall: WOW: Recieved my Wine Red beauty two days ago. Gibson has really outdone them selves on this one. I owned a Les Paul in 1973 and can honestly say that this LP far exceeds the original LP in many ways. Gibson has struck one out of the ballpark here. zZounds has made it possible for me after 39 years to own my retirement dream guitar with there plan. This guitar sings. A great investment, you wont ever regret spending the money on this one.

"Gibson Les Paul" submitted September 20, 2012

By Gary Kielczewski in Fort Frances, ON
Musical Background: None
Music Style: Beginner
Overall: Great guitar, great retailer.

When you call, mention priority code 156S-G37J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976