When you call, mention priority code 1760-BJX7

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Studio 7

Capture the vintage vibe of a '70s Les Paul. The '70s Tribute Les Paul Studio features dual mini-humbuckers and a comfortable neck profile.

"Exceptional Guitar" submitted September 16, 2012

By Stephen Griffin in Woodstock, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years playimg, 3 years teaching.
Music Style: Progressive rock, classic rock, metal
Overall: This one, for whatever reason, immediately grabbed me when I started playing The mini humbuckers are crunchy, tight and clear. They sound fantastic through the Blackstar at the store and even better through my Marshall Vintage Modern. The '60s style neck is easy to play and the fret finishing job was outstanding to say the least. No sharp edges or any fretwire scratching your hand as you play. At this price, it was ridiculous to not buy it. It actually played as great as the $1800 standards, and even better than a couple of them. The body is a bit heavy, but this baby just screams. The deluxe gigbag is awesome too.

"Great guitar that nails the 70's feel" submitted June 16, 2012

By Jimmony Jones in Seattle, WA
Music Style: Rock, reggae
Overall: If you're like me, you're looking at this model because it brings back many of the features of the original Les Paul Deluxe, and wow, under a grand! Unlike most LP's, it has a maple neck with a volute, new mini humbuckers, and a larger headstock, all of which are departures from the normal model. But then again, it was these deviations from the traditional Les Paul that made the guitars of the Norlin era of Gibson either loved or hated. I happen to love them! The neck is excellent and feels just like my Norlin-era "The Paul." The profile is different than any other models Gibson currently offers, and if you're used to playing a Gibson that was made in the 70's or early 80's, you'll feel right at home. The new mini humbuckers are brighter than the originals but still sound like minis should. Yes, Gibson cut a few corners with the finish, and the baked maple fretboard is a strange choice (it does feel and look quite nice). But if you're looking for something that captures the feel, sound and (at least from a distance) looks of a 70's-early 80's LP Deluxe for a lot less coin, you'll be very happy with this instrument.
33 of 35 people (94.29%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Gibson Les Paul Studio '70s Tribute=Well made , well played!!" submitted June 27, 2012

By Mitch K in Lenox, MA
Musical Background: Playing since 1974
Music Style: Classic Metal and Progressive Rock
Overall: I started playing guitar in the 70's, Boston, Kiss, Kansas, Rush... When I saw this Les Paul, I knew I had to have it!! I purchased the Gold Top. The Gold looks very Coppery (which I think is awesome-very warm), Maple neck, large headstock, and the taper neck- I love this guitar. I did change out the pups for P90's and it screams like a Yeti got kicked in the crotch!! IMHO the BEST of the Tributes!!!
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"After 40 years of searching..." submitted December 31, 2012

By Garrett B in Puyallup, WA
Overall
Musical Background: 40 year mixture of home recording and a bit of live perfromance
Music Style: British blues/rock, fusion
Overall: I feel really fortunate to be playing this axe (nearly non-stop since I got it). The one I bought had a couple of little dings in back, and I was able to grab it for $650. After playing it and hearing its dynamic tone, I would have paid much more. The most noticeable thing about this LP is its weight. It weighs the same as my Warmoth Strat. I don't know if they used mahogany packing crates or what, but it roars! The sustain is unmatched in any guitar I've owned. The intonation needs no adjustment. The mini-hums are incredibly responsive, as though they have a second gear when you increase pick attack. I had owned a 1960's re-issue that had fret issues from the beginning and, based on that, I had sort of given up on buying new Gibsons. They have a winner with this one. Get it if you have the means!

"its not chambered" submitted September 7, 2012

By leon t in riverview, FL
Musical Background: yes
Music Style: blues,rock,smooth jazz
Overall: these are not chambered like the acoustic sounding 50s and 60s tributes. so they will have the kahunas like the old ones. chambering takes away the low end crunch but these are not chambered, rejoice. but if you are like me I put a gfs mean 90 in the neck and a super distortion, dragonfire blackbucker,in the bridge.the it will grunt and scream. yeah

"Les Paul 70's Tribute Gold Top" submitted November 30, 2012

By Eric P in Albuquerque, NM
Musical Background: 45 years of guitar
Music Style: Rock, Blues, whatever
Overall: I was disappointed after purchasing this guitar. Gibson quality just wasn’t there. Where the fret board was glued to the neck there was a noticeable ridge, felt awkward and looked bad. Got the gold top but it had more of a copper tinge than gold. Black paint everywhere else looked cheap, the wood wasn’t sealed well. Then discovered the neck pup volume pot was only working intermittent and this was brand new out of the Gibson factory box. I did like the neck pick up sound with that chime others have mentioned. Did not like the bridge pick up, way too much twang and treble, even more than a Telecaster. I know that Gibson is trying to compete with the imports, but I have two Epiphones and the quality of those is still better at a lower cost. zZounds was great and let me return it without a hassle, but Gibson needs to step up their Quality Control. I learned that if I want a Quality Les Paul I will have to shell out $1500-$2000 at least.

"A decent guitar but not worth the cost" submitted July 20, 2012

By Jim H in Memphis, TN
Musical Background: Guitar player since 1987
Music Style: Rock and blues guitar
Overall: The ESP LTD EC1000VB with Duncans is a better guitar and for less money. The Gibson price cannot be justified. The body routing to save weight and the lower quality of the mini humbuckers effect the tone. They actually make it harder instead of easier to get that classic 70's sound. Even the Epiphones that don't have the un-necessary Nitrocellulose paint jobs and aren't routed are a wiser choice if you want better tone and sustain. Get an Epi LP PlusTop Pro and put some burstbuckers in. It will easily surpass this overpriced model and you'll be happier for less $$$.

When you call, mention priority code 1760-BJX7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976