When you call, mention priority code 1585-DSQD

Rating and Reviews: Gibson J-185 EC Jumbo

Get classic jumbo body tone with a comfortable cutaway and powerful electronics. The J-185 EC is great for folk and blues performers.

"J-815EC Blues King - Outstanding tone and beauty." submitted October 15, 2006

Music Style: Folk
Sound: The sound is slightly bright and very rich. It is quite loud and generates a lot of volume without much effort. I do both fingerstyle and strumming and it sounds really good using both styles. If I get agressive and pluck a string too hard, it will buzz despite the high action. When playing fingerstyle I have noticed that I tend to buzz with it more than when I strum. Feature: It has nice tuners. Once set, they stay where they are put and they do not tarnish. The wood is especially nice and I enjoy looking at it every time I play it. Ease of Use: It's a little hard to play because the action is a bit high. Quality: The overall feel of the guitar is great but the finish is cracking despite being kept in its case in a not too humid or dry atmosphere. Value: This was the best sounding guitar of all of the guitars I tried in the store. I like the tone of this guitar better than the other Gibsons (Dove, Hummingbird, J200) and the Martin and Taylors. It has a great feel and plays well. Manufacturer Support: I have never called customer suppory. The Wow Factor: I have a natural finish. I think it would look even sexier if it had a sunburst finish. Overall: I expect to be satisfied with this guitar for my at-home, steel string acoustic guitar playing for years to come. (10-20 at least). I have another cheaper guitar that I take places with me because I do not want my J185 to be dammaged.

"fine instrument. attractive, durable, and has many tonal aspects, very versatile for an acoustic guitar" submitted January 6, 2007

Overall
Music Style: christian worship and praise,old classic rock n roll, beatles,
Sound: the guitar has several sweet spots. also sounds good with chorus and delay effects. really fat. P play mine in church (10 years now) and am still learning subtlties(msp?) the guitar has to offer. playing in the area over the sound hole makes for consistent tone, but move, say forward 1 1/2 inches, sounds like a diffrent giutar completely Feature: n/a Ease of Use: neck is a bit big for me, but used to it now. plays a lot like my 50's neck les paul did. mine set up with low action. dont play too aggresive but with lots of volume, no need to strum or pick very hard to be heard. Quality: no problems as of yet. take prety good care of it. I do all maintenence on it myself. easy to work with, consistent intonation from set to set of light gauge strings. Value: I bought mine from a guy who was going to be thrown out by his wife when he got home he was looking for some quick cash. I paid 700.00 dollars for it, in pristine condition, tags and all Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: the fact that it is a gibson means a lot. other players see a high end guitar built left handed and think it is one of a kind. not true.there are some really high quality guitars for southpaws on the market. I have to say, though, gibson doesnt give, for the money near the value of guitar than, say a high end Blues classic from ed roman in las vegas. that guy knows his stuff. best wood,components and finish materials on the planet make the best sounding guitars. remember, YOU CANT POLISH A TURD!! Overall: i WILL NEVER PART WITH MY BLUES KING. YOU DONT SEE TOO MANY OUT THERE LEFT HANDED. i DONT HAVE A LOT OF GUITARS, BUT WHAT i DO HAVE i SEARCHED FOR, in some cases for years and they all are exactly what I wanted as far as color, condition and tonal characteristics

"maple Blues King earns it's title" submitted September 8, 2006

By a customer from mac.com
Music Style: rock, Alternative, jazz and some childrens stuff
Sound: Great sound strong booming voice intonation is spot on Feature: standard gibson accessories plus hardcase Ease of Use: set up perfectly from the box Quality: perfect great wood perfect construction nothing out of place perfect as they come Value: great guitar at fair price all I ask Manufacturer Support: not needed yet thank god Gibson is not easy to deal with The Wow Factor: had to have it Overall: my new favorite

"The best." submitted August 7, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Professional - Composer, performer, engineer, producer, studio owner
Music Style: All styles
Sound: Amazing woods give it an amazing sound, that is no lie. I know that Gibson acoustics can get a bad rap, but this guitar will prove you wrong. Whether plugged in or simply mic'd, you will never find a more versatille acoustic guitar. Feature: Look at the woods! Holy mother. And the amazing inlays! Okay, the pick-up has every feature you'd want. They didn't mess around when they designed this one. Ease of Use: Just pick it up and play it for yourself. Very comfortable neck without being a tree trunk. Set the action however you'd like it. Want a brighter sound? Get brighter strings. Ease of use? I'd say "easiest". Quality: Not a blemish on the entire instrument. This is a studio musician's dream come true, but it will also perform night after night on the road. Just wait until the solid top is 20 years old and the binding has had time to naturally age -- you think she's a beauty now! Value: You may think this is expensive for an acoustic (or maybe you own a more expensive one already) but this guitar will be with you for the rest of your life. And it's only going to sound better as the years go by! Manufacturer Support: Gibson? Hello! Along with Fender, they made the electric guitar what it is today. Do you think they're going to screw you over on their product support? They support every single instrument that comes out of their factories. If you EVER have a problem, they will solve it. The Wow Factor: You need an acoustic-electric but also want something worth mic'ing in the studio? Get the heck away from those tired Martins and worthless Ovations (needless to mention Washburn, Epiphone, maybe Gretsch or Alvarez). Stick with a true American choice. If you don't see this guitar and think "I want it", then you're not really a guitar player. Overall: Read the features, look at the picture, figure it out for yourself. The best.

When you call, mention priority code 1585-DSQD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976