When you call, mention priority code 160M-KM6W

Rating and Reviews: Gibson J-35

Handcrafted in America, with a Baggs Element pickup, the classic round-shouldered Gibson J-35 acoustic-electric is a go-to guitar for singer/songwriters.

"Absolute Cash Cow of an Acoustic Guitar" submitted September 30, 2013

By Matthew Laird in Pea Ridge, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Have played for 21 years.
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, Fusion, Country, Folk, Rock-a-billy, Rock, Hard Rock
Overall: I have owned and played a number of acoustic guitars from original Oregon Breedloves back in the 1990s to Guilds to Epiphones. I never bought a Gibson before though I have played too many to count. I did a lot of comparisons and research before I decided to buy this one. It literally came down to the J45 and the J35 at the end. Though I like the J45 and I prefer sunburst finished acoustics, the J35 won out. Its bracing and the little details affect the sound enough that to my ear, it just sounds better. It plays great and feels great. It is absolutely alive. Every note vibrates through the guitar from the endpin jack to the tuning machines. It resonates and the sound just booms forth out of it. I really believe that these are going to sell like crazy. In fact, this is the only guitar in its price category that I could see someone buying on an impulse buy because it is that good. Zzounds took great care of me on this purchase as well. I could not be happier. I wish I could afford to buy another one before Gibson lets this go out of production.

"Worth Owning. A Gibson at an affordable price." submitted December 18, 2013

By Jim Riggs in Central Calif., CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 49 years. Play Guitar and some bass and keyboards.
Music Style: Rock, county, and blues...and blends of all.
Overall: Wasn't really sure when I first got and played the guitar, it sounded good but a little thin, but after I changed the strings to Martin 80/20 bronze light gauge (12-54) it sounds great. A full and beautifully balanced tone. And it plays like a dream. Nearly perfect setup right out of the box. If you want a REAL Gibson but can't justify the J45 cost you will LOVE this guitar for a good deal less. It has the J45 tone (some say better with it's AJ bracing pattern) but you don't pay for some of the frills. The ONLY thing I wish had been offered is a vintage sunburst finish but for this price I can live without it!

"An amazing guitar" submitted April 18, 2014

By Kevin C in Silverado , CA
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years playing guitar, bass.
Music Style: Folk and bluegrass, western country, hard rock, rock, indie
Overall: I researched this guitar extensively before purchasing, against Martin D-18s, D-28s, Gibson and some Gibson j-45s. I played them all multiple times at the nearest guitar center, and found this one to be an extremely pleasing guitar to play. Warm, yet bright tone, with an amazing bottom end making an impressive bass presence. An absolute delight. When I received this item from zZounds, it sounded even more amazing than the floor units I played at my local shop. Wow. This thing just absolutely amazed me. And, what impressed me even more was that I purchased a "blemished" unit from zZounds - I have to say, there is NO blemishes to be found. An incredible value for this amazing instrument. My first Gibson acoustic, and I will definitely be purchasing my next from zZounds from this awesome deal I got on this J-35. zZounds won me over exclusively for all of my music needs (and wants) in the future. Thank you !!!!

"Gibson J-35 ... wow" submitted January 1, 2014

By Larry Kile in Melbourne, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 28 years home and friend jams, open mics, the rare solo gig.
Music Style: Folk, Americana
Overall: After about 28 years playing I finally got a US made Gibson and couldn't be more thrilled. The hype hype is well deserved, as I've never heard clarity in the voice of an acoustic quite like this. Have owned it almost a month now, and have yet to change a thing but strings...factory set-up is near perfect...maybe a tiny bit higher than I like on the action, but the shorter scale makes it a non factor.Took a chance buying before playing one, and went into the purchase with the discipline in place to return it if it didn't meet the aural expectations I had. So week one was playing it at home, week 2 plugged into a Bose Compact for a little 30 minute set at the local pizza joint....holy orgasmic sounding! I do mainly Americana type songs...needing a solid bass punch, and an even mid and treble to blend with the vocals...the J-35 delivered it all with ease. Very satisfied with the guitar and my 4 year buying relationship with Zzounds.

"Great Guitar. Price and Sound is incredible." submitted July 7, 2013

By Kevin Buttry
Overall
Overall: I own 5-6 Gibson acoustics. This model. is on par with any of Gibson's expensive line. The J 35 is the perfect gigging guitar. Quality instrument, at an affordable price. Sound and setup, is just as good as my J 45. If you want a great guitar, that you don't have to fret about live show abuse. Then the J 35 if for you.

"GIBSON J-35 ACOUSTIC GUITAR" submitted February 19, 2014

By BOBBY G in MADISONVILLE, KY
Musical Background: JUST GETTING STARTED
Music Style: ROCK,COUNTRY,BLUES AND
Overall: GREAT PRICE, GREAT SERVICE AND FAST SHIPPING. THE INGREDIENTS OF A GREAT EXPERIENCE. HOPE TO VISIT AGAIN, SOON AS POSSIBLE.

"Another classic" submitted March 14, 2014

By Tim D in Ashland, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 36 yrs. songwriter. Also play bass, fiddle and mandolin.
Music Style: Rockabilly
Overall: The guitar played wonderful after a setup.

"Robust, articulate and affordable." submitted September 9, 2014

By Mike M in House Springs, MO
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years. Electric acoustic bass drums sessions.
Music Style: Blues Pop Rock
Overall: For the size, weight, simplicity and cost, this J-35 is remarkable. Needed luthier set-up always required with a new instrument. Baggs absolutely kills. If you are tired, as I was, of the "low-end" guitars made by the giants, get one of these. It will last longer than you will.

"Gibson J-35" submitted October 9, 2014

By Mike Mitchell in House Springs, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Pro 45 years. All styles except classical.
Music Style: Blues Pop MOR Be-bop
Overall: The J-35,is exceptionally light, vibrant and robust with great mid-range, bass and sustain. The Baggs also surprised me with it's strength and clarity. If you are playing mid-level guitars from other makers, you might wish to try one of these.

When you call, mention priority code 160M-KM6W. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976