When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-KV1J

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2016 HP LP Trad

Kick out classic Les Paul tone and keep up with the cutting edge. The slightly wider Soloist fretboard leaves plenty of room for cooking up some tasty leads.

"updated review" submitted February 1, 2017

By robert h in Gettysburg, PA
Music Style: blues , rock
Overall: I am updating my review that I posted shortly after I purchased and received my guitar which was back around August of 2016 as I may have just been to harsh on Gibson! I guess I was experiencing some sticker shock because this LES PAUL was the most expensive guitar that I had ever purchased and I had some pre-conceived notion that it was going to be perfect in every way right out of the box!!! I was just being super-critical and well just down right nitt-pickey to say the least.. The knobs were loose and wobbly - a little (TLC) and well that issue was fixed - and it took about 3 minutes of my time. I removed the strings that came with the guitar and taped and covered the pickups and slipped the bridge and stop bar off and holder pegs , then I applied a small amount of liquid polishing compound to those areas that had light surface marks on them and ran a slow speed buffer on the finish , taking my time and polishing small areas at a time I did the entire guitar until it was polished to a gloss mirror finish. This I believe was my biggest issue with the guitar as I do believe Gibson should pay more attention to the finish and make sure that each guitar has been polished to completion and not 3/4 of the way like mine was done and frankly 90% of the ones that I have looked at and inspected, played in the stores! The joint on the face with regards to the triple A maple laminate should be located exactly in the middle of the 3rd and 4th strings but it is not and i thought my guitar was just done sloppily but after inspecting some 50 or more guitars up close and personal I have found out that none of them up to the 4K cost point were! The custom shops that I looked at were better but even those were not all done correctly. Now that I have been playing it for about 6 months now its not an issue to me as the finish overall is very nice and its just a minor pet peeve of mine. I did change the knobs to the earlier versions of the Gibson speed knobs which cost me about $22.00 . The overall look and feel of this guitar is just great , and the sound that it produces is pure and frankly a rating of 9 must be given to it for sound quality. I am very pleased with it and am going to buy the 2017 HP Standard later this year. Just remember if you do buy a standard or traditional Les Paul don't expect it to be perfect in every little detail as you will be dissapointed! The only way to find one that you will be happy with is by going to the store and picking out the one that in your opinion is right for you - EVERY GUITAR IS DIFFERENT - its not a cookie cutter guitar - they are not all the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buying on line is just fine but those picking it out for you and shipping it have their own opinions on what is ok and what is not-- so the only way for you to get what you think is (your monies worth) is to pick it out yourself!!!! Good Luck in your search -- -- your friend , Rob

"les paul high performance traditional" submitted September 4, 2016

By robert h in cashtown, PA
Musical Background: 45 years , lead guitar,retired professional
Music Style: blues , rock
Overall: The sound that this guitar gives out is great , i am not unhappy with the total package mind you but i will not buy another due to the quality of the workmanship - (EPIPHONES) - seem to have better craftsmanship and quality then the Gibsons but they lack the upgraded parts! First off the control knobs were installed sloppy and wobbly - they were installed out of allignment and of unequalled spacing. There are jointing issues where the neck joins the body -the neck seems twisted and uneven and not seated properly or straight when looking at the neck bindings compared to the body - they are on an angle - these should be straight and true. The triple A flame maple top is nice but is not centered at the joint at the center of the bridge which lies between the third and fourth string - it is even with the third string and gives the appearance that this is a ( CHIBSON) from China - It is not or at least i don"t think it is but i have seen better from Gibson and am disappointed with this Les Paul especially when you consider what they cost - $ 2,666.95 !!!!!!! Its worth maybe $ 1,450 us at best!!!!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-KV1J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976