When you call, mention priority code 20C-01S6

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2016 HP Les Paul

Pick up a stripped-down Les Paul for all the tone without any of the filler. The 490R and 498T humbuckers and titanium zero-fret nut provide a rich tone.

"It Roars." submitted March 15, 2016

By Mason Summers in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: enthusiastic amateur for several decades
Music Style: Rock, pop, country, folk
Overall: In the late 90's I bought a brand new les paul standard, which was a great guitar that I eventually had to sell out of necessity. This stripped down 50's tribute feels and plays better than that standard ever did. It just feels like a more comfortable, playable guitar and the humbuckers have a great, smooth roar. The lack of binding, slick finish etc really doesnt seem to make any difference to the feel of a solid, quality instrument. Versatile sounds, true Gibson tone. Can't recommend it enough.

"Disappointed" submitted July 3, 2016

By Aaron L in Taylor, MI
Overall
Musical Background: playing for 20+ yrs, play guitar, and bass.
Music Style: Rock, blues, country,
Overall: While the look of this guitar is pristine, the sound and tuning features were less than stellar. Perhaps others will have experiences better than what I had, and I honestly hope they do. However for me, the guitar is not worth the price. I couldn't get the guitar to stay in tune, and the G Force tuner often had to be used multiple times to get the guitar in tune. I will say the idea behind the tuner, giving multiple tuning options is awesome, however having to tune multiple times before your ready to play, is not something I can use live. I tried using the guitar in practice as the band that I am in prepared for a gig, I could barely make it thru a song with out the tuning going out, even when switching to a thicker string gage, I had the same issue. I even calibrated the tuner as zZounds Customer care suggested, no luck. I thought the tuners battery needed to be recharged, as I charged the battery, afterwards the tuner wouldn't function at all. The cool thing about most Gibson's that if you plug them into any decent amp, your pretty much ready to go. I really struggled to get this guitar to sound as good as other Les Pauls. I use Blackstar amps, and jump between Boss Pedals and a Line 6 HD500x. This 50's tribute sounded no where near as good as other similar guitars. I loved the look of this guitar, but I had no choice to return it.

"Tuning nightmare" submitted August 31, 2016

Overall
Overall: Title pretty much says it all I couldn't get it to stay in tune and I did it correctly I understood and followed the procedures and it would re-tune and it was great and then I couldn't get through song without needing to re-tune again so I made the mistake of pulling the computerized tuning off the guitar and installing beautiful new Kluson locking tuners they fit beautifully but the guitar still does not stay in tune I don't know what causes this tuning instability I'm so disappointed. looks great tuning sucks and as I have probably voided my warranty because I took those tuners off I'm stuck with the guitar that I can barely play and my Chinese Gibson's are better and get me through a happy set without even touching the tuning machines.

When you call, mention priority code 20C-01S6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976