When you call, mention priority code 201-K67S

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2017 HP Les Paul

Created for the most demanding players, the HP Les Paul Standard is packed with tons of features. Conjure up creamy tones from the BurstBucker Pro pickups.

"Nearly perfect" submitted November 18, 2016

Overall
Musical Background: Playing 40 years, primarily guitar, professional and casual.
Music Style: Blues, rock, jazz.
Overall: The guitar arrived with no blemishes or flaws on the body, no "sawdust" in the control area, no "wobble" on the knobs, just top quality head to toe. There was a little buzz when the G string was plucked -- turned out to be a slightly loose tuning knob head on that string. I tightened it up with the included multitool and the issue is gone. The intonation is spot on. Action is excellent out of the box, but if the action drops a bit when I put 9s on it, I won't fight it. The robot tuners are much quieter and sound smoother than on a 2015 Les Paul that I own. It stays in tune despite aggressive string bending. That titanium nut is such an improvement from the brass nuts used on some 2015 models. Tones are exceptional, as advertised. The volume rolls off quickly, with a steeper shelf than on my 2015 Les Paul. The pickups have character -- a noticeably different tone than the 57 Classic alnico 2 pups on the other LP. No problem with feedback at high volumes despite complaints in another review. The combination of different chambering and pickups give this LP a distinctive -- and quite beautiful -- tone. The case is unbelievably heavy. I'll deal with it.

"Not Good!! Lots of problems.." submitted November 9, 2016

By Wayne V in New Martinsville, WV
Musical Background: I've been playing for 25+ years
Music Style: Rock/Metal/Blues
Overall: The 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard HP in Blueberry Burst Looked Great but on the inside it is junk! Lets back track a bit. I ordered a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard HP and when it arrived it had some cosmetic issues and a chunk of the headstock missing. I sent it back and decided to wait on the 2017 line to see what it was going to be. Well I ordered the 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard HP in Blueberry Burst (which was backordered for a while) I finally received it a week ago with more than just cosmetic issues. All 4 knobs wobbled like crazy when they were turned. I opened up the control pocket to checkout the dip switch and the circutboard/control knobs were cramed in so tight and there was a giant chunk of the inner pocket chisled out by hand because the machine didn't cut out enough and the pocket was filled with sawdust (which is the reason my guitar case had sawdust in it). That is unexceptible to me. I heard some people say that a few imperfections are common. Is it just me who thinks that these issues are to much for a guitar that cost $3200? It was very light and I like my guitars a bit heavier and there were no specs up yet (or now) on what the Ultra-Modern weight relief is. I just heard a rumer that it means they are chambering there guitars again which explains the feedback with high gain.But that is my fault for ordering without specs. I've watched an interview with Jim Decola saying how people did NOT like there solid body guitars being chambered because of the sustain being taken away and the feedbck problems so they did the Modern weight reliev along with the traditional weight relief. So why are they chambering there Les Pauls again and calling it Ultra Modern Weight relief? They preace about listing to there customers yet they do the opisit. At least they started getting it right with the 2016 line by doing the traditional and HP line. I'm one of the few who actually liked the 2015 line with the wider necks (not as wide on the HP's from either 2016 or 2017). I do understand the reason for the 2015 line being unpopular due to the lack of choice and you had to take all of the changes without a choice. If I had a choice in 2015 I may not have picked my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic which is my #1 go to guitar and I have 4 Les Pauls. SO I got lucky with the wider neck. But The problem is that my 2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard HP had to be returned and My 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard HP will be returned due to it being even worse quality. Somy advice to you is if you own a 2017 Gibson Les Paul HP open up the control pocketand see if it is jacked up or not. I never opened up the control pocket on the 2016 les paul hp but I have a suspicion that they have the same jacked up control pocket as the 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard. If the knobs wobble when you turn them that's a sign that something may be screwed up inside!

When you call, mention priority code 201-K67S. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976