When you call, mention priority code 1770-4RLC

Rating and Reviews: Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot

The Gibson ES-335 has been turning heads since its introduction in 1958. This reissue Memphis Series Dot ES-335 carries its legacy as a top semi-hollowbody.

"Worth every penny...." submitted April 25, 2008

By a customer from excite.com
Music Style: Blues, jazz, country, rock, rockabilly
Sound: Probably the best overall sounding electric guitar I've ever played. Rockabilly, country, rock, jazz, and especially blues all sound great on this guitar. When I received it, I spent 3 hours playing it. No matter what style I threw at it, it handled it with ease. The '57 Classic humbuckers are the best Gibson makes, in my opinion. They're not too bright or too dark, and they have a warmth to them that the other humbuckers don't. The neck pickup is great for jazz if you roll the tone back to around 5, but if you leave the tone on 10, it is actually very bright and articulate, which is rare for a neck humbucker. The bridge pickup is bright and snappy, but without being to harsh. Excellent blues tone and a pretty decent country tone on some songs. The middle position with both pickups is full, rich, and has a shimmer that I haven't heard from most humbucker-equipped guitars. The best sounding Gibson I've ever played, hands-down. Feature: Not a lot of features, but it's a classic design that's stood the test of time, so it doesn't need a lot of bells and whistles. Ease of Use: I was blown away at how great the playability is on this guitar. I like fat necks, but the slim-taper on this guitar is very comfortable and fast. Also the finish on the back of the neck doesn't get sticky like it does on my Les Paul. Also, it is very comforable for such a big guitar. You almost forget you're playing a semi-hollow after a while. I have to give the guys at ZZounds credit, too, because the setup on this guitar is perfect. Nice, low action, perfect intonation...it was ready to play right out of the box. Quality: I've heard horror stories about Gibson's quality control, but I've owned 2 Les Pauls, 3 SG's, and even 3 Epiphones...all of which were top-notch guitars. I've never had any issues with any Gibsons, including this one. I went over this guitar with a fine-toothed comb, but couldn't find any flaws. Maybe I'm just lucky! Value: It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. The price on these has steadily increased over the past few years, so my advice is if you're thinking of getting one, get it now! The Wow Factor: I got this one in vintage sunburst, and it is probably the best looking guitar I've ever owned. Gibson ES-335's are legendary, and for good reason. Everybody wants one. I've wanted one ever since I was 11 (I'm 32, now). It's the best of both worlds....it sounds like a hollowbody, but with the sustain and power of a solidbody. Overall: I can't say that I'll never want another guitar, but I can say that I'll never get rid of this one. I considered an ES-175, but was worried about potential feedback issues with a full hollowbody. I was looking for a good jazz/blues guitar that could give me a nice vintage tone, and this one does that, and then some. If it was lost or stolen, I would definitely get another one. If you want the real sound, you have to get the real thing. Gibson knows what they're doing!

"Very Nice" submitted February 15, 2013

By John Richardson in Federal Way, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I am 55 and have been in music all my life. I play, build, repair and do live and studio recording
Music Style: Bluegrass, Old Country, Blues
Overall: I have wanted a 335 since I was a kid. I bought the black one. It showed up, I gave it overnight in the case to soak up to temp. Opened the case the next morning and the neck was broken off right at the peg head...darn it! Contacted ZZounds. By the end of the day I had a UPS return tag and the next day after I shipped the damaged guitar back they shipped another one. The new one is great, plays good and has a great tone! Awesome customer service from ZZounds!!! Thanks

"Buy This guitar if you have the dough to pay for it." submitted February 26, 2004

Music Style: Alt, Blues, Rock
Sound: This is the best sounding guitar I have ever played. This guitar allows me achieve the sound that I have always dreamed of. The classis '57 humbuckers kick ass. No other guitar is necessary with this baby.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Waited too long for this!" submitted March 27, 2014

By alex w in hilton head island, SC
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing over 25 years. I play professionally both live and in the studio.
Overall: This guitar is top notch. I have seen reviews that call into question Gibson's quality control. I have been nothing but thrilled with this guitar. The fit and finish are superb. My only concern was due to slightly high action. This was quickly fixed with a bridge height adjustment. I don't see how anything on this guitar could be improved. The tone and playability are excellent. If you are considering this guitar, just do it, you will not be disappointed. I waited too long to pull the trigger and order.

"It's A Gibson isn't it!" submitted July 21, 2004

Music Style: rock, blues, country ,jazz I like both kinds of music ROCK & ROLL
Sound: my Brother just got one! Had to put down my Les Paul to play it and may never go back. sound warmer then Les Paul! Quality it's a gibson!bent notes last longer yet cleaner. Style rock, blues, country it sounds great in all styles. I'm using a Mitchell slow and easy to loud. I tried to bet my brothers new ax with my Less Paul NO WAY! We play clubs small And large it always sounds good (it dose feedback a little he just uses it like it was in the song! Feature: Came with A hardshell box & 1957 pick-ups. thats all it needs! Quality: I looked for flaws none it's a Gibson Value: Great The Wow Factor: Classicly Sexy
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great ALL Around Guitar!" submitted September 2, 2006

Musical Background: Active
Music Style: Jazz,Gospel,R&B
Sound: I own PRS,G&L,Ibanez AF105,Fender Strat American,Les Paul Standard,Yamaha AES1500, Shur Strat & ES335 this is one of the best sounding guitars I've ever own and would cry then buy another if ever stolen, I use a Mesa Lonestar for my amp and I can find any sound possible with this combo! Feature: I have a alot of pedals, Fulltone,Boss,Ibanez Ease of Use: No problem finding tones Quality: Problem with setup and tuning sent out to my tech and with minor adjustments all good. Value: Gibson is Gibson High! Manufacturer Support: Answers all question and was willing to exchange when called about the tuning issue The Wow Factor: Great looking guitar and built very well Overall: No ten because of the price and when you pay this kind of money it should be setup with no adjustments as far as tuning problems.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Gibson ES-335 Memphis Series Dot Reissue" submitted April 20, 2012

By Jimmy Mc in Laramie, WY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar, bass, drums, blues harp for decades, it augments my income
Music Style: rock, blues, country, worship
Overall: My dream axe rocks. It does have tuning problems however. I've penciled the nut a couple of times and it's getting better, but still not there. Also had to tweak the truss rod a little, but probably due to living at 7200 feet above sea level. The tone is incredible, as is the finish, comfort and fretboard. The back of the neck feels a bit sticky and slow. Not sure how to speed that up.

""WOW" No other way to describe this Beautiful Guitar..." submitted March 2, 2012

By Dan P in Cottleville, MO
Musical Background: Semi-Pro
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock
Overall: What a fine instrument. I bought the Plain Cherry, the finish was perfect. The set up from the Custom shop adds questions. I swear the strings were a good 1/4" off the 12th fret. I am sorry this is not a correct set up. This action would only work if you were only going to use for slide. I look at the Gibson Gold Warranty pamplet and it was signed by someone with the initials "J L".very bad set up or really none at all? Intonation was off, I believe that nothing was done just string, tune and pack. Came with a Guitar, Hard Case, Gold Warranty Pamplet and a nice hard folder with the Certificate of Authenticity. No truss rod wrench? Anyway I am very satisfied a Beautiful Guitar, one that I allways wanted to add to my collectio, The sounds is so sweet. Again zZounds perfect transaction and a super Customer Service!

"Gibson ES335" submitted January 28, 2012

By Eddie Fogleman in winchester, KY
Overall
Musical Background: most of my life/guitar/bass /some key borad.some steel guitar.
Music Style: mostly country /blues /jazz /rock /folk.Chet Attkins is the man./for the blues BB,King MEREL HAGGARD is my #1 singer /muscain.
Overall: i certianly like what i saw iv been wanting one for years these guitars look really great ihope i can buy one soon im well pleased with the es335/the only thing i seen it didnt show the ES335 on the neck peace where the truss rod adjustment cover is.?

"Why the Gibson 335 is a let down!!" submitted October 28, 2007

Overall
Sound: I thought that the sound was a dissapoitment the tone was flatter and deeper than what i believe is a better guitar the yamaha SA 2200 Ease of Use: not bad but again failes in comparison to the SA 2200 Quality: very poorly put together there have been complaints of people getting splinters from the inside of the guitar not a good finish again not as good as the SA 2200 Value: NOT WORTH THE MONEY!! SA 2200 999.00 pounds absolute bargain for what it includes (listed below) Body:laminated figured maple Neck:Glued-in Fingerboard:Ebony, 350mm (13.75") radius frets:22 Scale length:629mm (24.75) Pickups:two alnico v humbuckers Controls:three-position pickup selector, two volumes, two tones (each with coil split push-push switch) Bridge:six-saddle fixed type, bar tailpiece Manufacturer Support: cant really coment on this guitar as i dont own one but generaly the support for gibson guitars are good The Wow Factor: If I was offered a 335 or a yamaha 2200 the yamaha would be my choice everytime Overall: after trying 3 335's in my local music shops (one owned by my uncle) and 2 yahmaha SA2200's it has led me to conclude that the quality of gibson guitars is snowballing down hill and can no longer live up to its name befor you buy this product you may want to ask yourself is it the name im buying or the guitar?
15 of 58 people (25.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1770-4RLC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976