When you call, mention priority code 20H-J0JX

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2016 Explorer T

This guitar was born to rock. The 2016 Gibson Explorer comes loaded with with 569R/500T humbuckers, and a slim taper neck to belt out heavy-hitting riffs.

"Best Guitar Find Ever" submitted March 16, 2016

Overall
Musical Background: Just a hobby.
Music Style: Classic Rock-- from 1970 to 2005...lol
Overall: I bought the Blemished Explorer. I was hesitant till i called and was told the blemished are just returned guitars that are checked out and resold. Two tiny bumps that are barely visible is all i can find.

"Great Guitar" submitted December 9, 2015

By Patrick H in Milton, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 12 years experience playing guitar.
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues
Overall: For starters I did have issues with keeping it in tune until I got it nice and broken in. It took a little getting used to for me because the neck is shaped a bit different compared to the Ibanez guitars that I normally play. After I got used to it though... Man does it scream. The pickups in it sound great and the clarity you get is awesome. The cleans are crisp and well defined as well. I normally play a lot of rock and metal so I am running this through a 120W 6505. Hopefully that helps some of you. I did notice a lot of flaws in the paint along the neck where the fret board meets the wood and in a few very small places. They are not noticeable unless you are really looking though. Great guitar overall.

"Good guitar for the price" submitted October 20, 2016

By James B in Apopka, FL
Musical Background: 35 year veteran
Music Style: metal, blues
Overall: Previously, I've owned 2 epiphone explorers. This is my first Gibson explorer. There is no comparison at all. If you're on the fence as to which brand to get, get the Gibson.The explorer is not quite as heavy as a les paul, but it has some heft to it. The sound resonates throughout the entire body. The pickups are very high output. I play it through 2 different mesa boogies. So high output pickups being played through high gain amps don't really sound that great IMHO. The neck pickup is fine, but playing on the bridge pickup.....there's so much gain that the bottom end doesn't sound tight. In other words, you're not gonna be able to play master of puppets with this combination. The tone of the pickups are great. They both have that gibson sound, just very gainy. The guitar arrived in excellent condition, but was in need of adjustments in both action and intonation. The gig bag is sturdy enough for carrying the guitar around town, but to be sent via fedex, etc., well that's pretty cheap of gibson to pull a stunt like this and not give a hardshell case. Kudos to zZounds for the free 2 day delivery.

"Excellent guitar excellent service" submitted December 20, 2015

By Chris M in Tucson, AZ
Musical Background: 35 yrs pro
Overall: Guitar arrived 3 days after placing order in perfect condition. Playable right out of box. No. blemishes in finish, flawless. Unmistakeable Gibson "tone till tomorrow". Gig bag is nice, very thick padding. Zzounds customer service most helpful. I will continue to purchase from Zzounds and you should, too. This company is so easy to work with.

"Fantastic guitar!!!!" submitted October 8, 2016

By James M in Ijamsville, MD
Music Style: Metal, Country music, Rock, Bules,
Overall: I've always wanted a Explorer since I saw James Hetfield play one when I was 9 years old. This guitar is pure metal I love it. I have seen a lot of complaints on YouTube about the quality of this guitar from Gibson. I think it is a bunch of bull I will play this guitar over any guitar I own other the Gibsons I own. Stop crapping on Gibson. I would rather pay more money for a American guitar then something from South Korea. Especially if you pay over $1000

When you call, mention priority code 20H-J0JX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976