When you call, mention priority code 20B-QQ01

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2016 Firebird V T

Crank our monster riffs and soaring leads with the 2016 Firebird V. The classic 9-ply mahogany and walnut neck-through construction ensures singing sustain.

"Wow!" submitted December 10, 2015

By Danial Swafford in Dayton, OH
Musical Background: 18 years semi pro/home
Music Style: Rock, jazz, blues
Overall: The attention to detail that Gibson put into this guitar for the price is unreal. They even sent a picture of the guitar on the set up table! Playability is outstanding and sound is fantastic. Brought this guitar to the studio to record my bands EP and a few other high end guitars....didn't even touch the other guitars. Very versatile guitar. Ran it through a Orange OR15 and a Mesa 2x12. Blues to hard rock this guitar has you covered. Thanks Gibson and zZounds!

"Excellent guitar and service from zzounds" submitted November 12, 2015

By Dave K in Haddam, CT
Overall
Overall: Great quality guitar. Was in tune out of the case! No flaws, great set up. Very pleased for the price. Not fond of the pickups, but that's just my personal preference.

"Firebird" submitted October 28, 2015

By Brad C
Overall
Overall: Given Gibson's recent history, it's nice to see them "try to make nice" with the price drop at the beginning of the 2016 run. The price drop on the Firebird instantly hooked me, since I have wanted one since I was 5. The guitar out of the box was one of the better set up guitars that I have purchased online. (The rattling strings were the only real issue.) After a quick adjustment and new strings, this guitar is everything that I could have hoped for. The sound is great. The trademark Gibson smell out of the case (wish it was a hardshell) and finish were amazing. Maybe I lucked out on this after some other reviews of recent years models and the complaints of poor quality control. Again a great looking guitar and the sound and playability is top notch. Hopefully a sign of things to come from Gibson.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Love my firebird" submitted June 15, 2016

By Mark B in San Francisco, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, in bands for many years, 30 years plus.
Music Style: Rock- AC/DC, The Cult, Jack White, The Kills, Nirvana, Black Keys, Stones, Ramones, etc. and so on......
Overall: Great guitar, great feel. Sounds awesome with my 78 Marshall 50watt combo. My other guitarist called it my spirit animal, LOL. The mini humbuckers sound similar single coils, but with more growl. Love it, unique sound, great fingerboard, love the neck through body, The tuners and putting on strings took some time getting used to. The only thing that went wrong was a tuning head fell off replacing strings the first time, but I think it was operator error more than the quality of the instrument. I did email Gibson, but they never responded so I am taking it to a local tech. Other than that, its pure awesome.

"Soar above the others with a Firebird" submitted January 3, 2016

By jake smith in birmingham, MI
Musical Background: semi pro
Music Style: everything
Sound: The mini humbuckers cut through the mix of other instruments without being brittle or lost. I love the sound without the buzz a typical single coil would give you. I play through Egnater, and Mesa Boogie amps and each amp loves the taste of my new Firebird. I think that just about any amp combination is good for this guitar. Feature: when you look at the finish on this instrument you'll see a perfectly applied finish without bubbles or bumps. the feel is smooth without having a sticky touch. it's just beautiful to look at. The mahogany body is stunning. Ease of Use: this instrument is a joy to play. very easy fingering and the perfect neck radius. I am also happy with the access to the higher frets. It lets you scream the way you always wanted. Quality: the new quality at Gibson is top shelf. everything feels solid and the weight is totally perfect for long sessions when you're on your feet with your guitar. I can't believe how well this instrument came out for them. The world will notice. Value: at this price I can see why there's a waiting list to get your hands on this level of quality in an instrument. Manufacturer Support: no need to contact Gibson The Wow Factor: I can't guarantee that you'll have a tribe of groupies following you but the fact that your sound will stand out above others should get you noticed by musical ears. Overall: This is an updated version of my first review. I purchased my guitar from Zzounds. The Firebird T is one of the best guitar options in this price range available. The finish is very well done, the pickups are balanced and have the kind of snap that draws attention. Not too bright but never lost in the mix. Gibson continues to put out top quality instruments and continues to be a leader in musical instrument manufacturing. A year ago they went a little over board with the min-e tune systems and features that the customers didn't need or ask for. Today that's changed into bringing the kind of product the customer wants and is willing to pay for, based on quality. I opted to buy a SKB hard shell case. i am not a fan of gig bags because I do take my instruments out to gigs. Bags won't protect my instruments from clumsy roadies. haha. The Firebird also has a unique and fascinating tuning system from Steinberger. The tuners have a 40:1 ratio and really keep the instrument in tune with the locking mechanism. I am impressed with the weight of the Firebird too. The vintage guitars had banjo tuners and could feel a little top heavy to certain players, depending on tastes of course. This guitar was setup perfectly right out of the box and I believe they use the PLEK process to finish the frets. So, in my opinion, this is the best bang for the buck for a legendary instrument that has stood the test of time. check it out.

""New" Firebird" submitted November 5, 2015

By Jay C in Nashville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 25 years on and off in various bands.
Music Style: Play everything from classic rock covers to original southern sounding dirty rock songs.
Overall: So, I decided to grab one of these Firebird V reissues after years of excellent play from my '64 Firebird III which I am kind of afraid to take out to play these days because one of the bands we occasionally play with had a 60's strat stolen from the stage during a break. So this one, if it lives up to the hype will be the replacement for stage play. Upon reading some reviews, I was skeptical of Gibson's quality these days. I quickly dismissed those thoughts after unboxing this bird. Aside from the weak soft shell case (I would never put a FB in a soft case) everything was in order. Action out of the box was a bit high for my tastes, but that is an easy fix. The finish is great, it has a feeling like thinner nitro, which I personally like. The pickups as Gibson makes them are a bit thick sounding compared to a vintage Firebird, so at least the bridge will probably get swapped for a Lollar. The electronics are not PCB's it is old fashioned wiring, flimsy wires, but that is easily taken care of with some good old cloth wrapped wire, and some oil in paper caps. For the price of an American Strat, you can have one of these icons of guitar history, and it has a strange "it" factor. Compared side by side to my original Firebird III i'd give it a 7 or 8 on accuracy and sound. I don't love the steinberger tuners, but thankfully Kluson makes a new style banjo tuner that is much lighter than the originals like on my FB III. So other than the pickups (which I had planned on) and the tuners, which I gave a shot it is a great guitar for the money. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a Firebird.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Firebird for the working man" submitted November 11, 2016

By Imer J in Rockville, MD
Musical Background: 15 years. free shows mostly
Music Style: modern-rock
Overall: Always wanted a Gibson Firebird so the value for this was just right. know the one thing that stops me from a rave review is the pickups. and the caps. Anemic bridge pickup and compressed neck pickup with ant size capacitors. I did a 50's wiring mod and it improved but only so, so. On the positive the binding over the frets are phenomenal, Exquisite vintage burst on the figured wood. The neck shape is more C shaped than anything else. overall great value if you get new pickups

"quality control still sucks. good job gibson. you actually DID cut corners." submitted October 4, 2015

Overall
Overall: Anyone looking to buy this guitar please understand that Gibson is simply not the Gibson it used to be. Sure yard. As far as the material of the fretboard? No one knows as it is not specifiedou get an American made instrument however the quality is no longer there. I got one of the early models of the 2016 model. Here is what you need to know, this model has the plastic nibs on the fretboard on Zzounds or Gibson.com. The sound is decent and the build seems solid. Here is where the quality sucks. I have honestly seen better paint on a squier or korean made guitar. What a shame Gibson! I have orange peel ALL OVER this firebird. Do they expect you to buff it out yourself? This is ridiculous. You spend 1000 + for an instrument and it fails to live up to its historical name. I'll go Fender next time, they seem to be doing right by the customers. I know I am the first reviewer but believe me I am very disappointed. Go ahead and buy a pre2015 model firebird. Anything past 15' is a disappointment. Also setup.. wow... buzzing frets.
26 of 45 people (57.78%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"2016 Gibson Firebird V T = Mixed bag!" submitted September 15, 2016

By John Flegal in Tualatin, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing and in bands since 1964! , Still have my equipment (and much more) from the "70's" I'm a true "Gear Head"!
Music Style: Love "Classic Rock" & "Blues"! Love "TONE" over all other factors/features!!
Overall: Was excited to receive new guitar, Cosmetically, this guitar was "Beautiful"! The sound was awesome, and the way it actually played was also awesome, BUT! No matter what I did, tried, adjusted, strobed etc (I'm a Guitar Tech & musician) In stock form the guitars' intonation was totally 100% unacceptable! What a true shame!!! I really wanted this one, but wasn't willing to spend that kind of time & money on a "Factory Fresh" instrument!!!! Shame on you Gibson, I'll keep my "73" Paul Custom!

"Maybe I should stick with Les Pauls" submitted September 14, 2016

By Bennett S in White Hall, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Ive been a musician for over 35 years , play bass and guitar , play professionally when possible, life happens
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: Perhaps my expectations were too high, my very first Gibson ever, was a disappointment . When the price drop happened, I decided to pull the trigger on a Firebird, have always wanted one, bur you never see an affordable used one for sale. The pricing for a Les Paul Standard had gotten stupid and Gibson had gone out of their way to trash the Les Paul legacy, so I thought , as a blues player , get a new Firebird now !! First one arrived, yes I said FIRST one, it was gorgeous and had a great setup out of the box !! Plugged her in to my Marshall, and horrible noise came out , like it wasn't grounded at all. Neck pickup lost volume when switching from the bridge pickup. I called zZounds customer service (outstanding !!) and a second one was sent . Again it was beautiful out of the box , but had the same ground issue. Called Gibson, finally got a rep, a rude rep, and she gave me the number of the nearest authorized warranty repair center , it was only 2 hours away from me one way !! Called the repair center and left a message , been a month and a half and haven't received a single response ! So , after spending $1100.00 on a brand new Gibson, and another $200 for a hard case ( anything over $800 should come with a hard case ) It is sitting quietly in the corner of my room. Mind you, it may be a simple wiring issue , broken solder maybe , but I can't open the back of it without voiding the warranty . It's a beautiful guitar and its wonderful to play , the finish is fantastic as well, it really stands out on stage , but I will not take the chance of playing it live due to the noise issue . I also wouldn't discourage anyone from purchasing one , I think I just got a bad bird, or two !! Maybe I should stick with Les Pauls , never one issue with a single one !

"Rock and Roll Hootchie KOO !" submitted December 21, 2015

By jake smith in birmingham, MI
Overall
Musical Background: semi pro recording artist
Music Style: everything
Overall: The new 2016 Gibson Firebird T is fabulous. The right features with the right balance and sound. I was very happy to see a flawless finish and beautiful hardware on this guitar. At this price it's the kind of guitar everyone should consider. The Steinberger tuners are also a wonderful touch of technology that makes sense. a 40:1 ratio makes this guitar a delight to tune. I think it is also a PLEK product too. Good job Gibson.

When you call, mention priority code 20B-QQ01. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976