When you call, mention priority code 15GF-GD3V

Rating and Reviews: Gibson CS-336 Custom Shop

Carved from a single block of wood, this is the first tonally carved guitar. It creates a resonant and natural, wood-like tone.

Gibson CS-336 Custom Shop Customer Review submitted November 17, 2007

By a customer from methode-aecd.com
Musical Background: weekend rock and roller, been gigging since 1970
Music Style: hard rock, classic rock, metal
Sound: I would place the sound of this guitar close to an ES 335 with a hint of Les Paul. With the tone controls you can really vary the sound (just like most Gibsons) Feature: Guitar has the best materials and I love the design concept. Its slightly lighter than my Les Paul 59 RI's and the tone is just as sweet and woody. You can spend a lot more money and not get a much better tone. Ease of Use: This guitar is very easy to play. No problems with set up at all. I use 10 - 52 as I tune down half a step. The only complaint I have about the playability is the tight fit of my hand in the cut-away when playing in the upper registers (above G). Quality: Once again the quality is top notch. Mine is a flamed top in tangerine burst. I always get comments on how good it looks and sounds. Value: I believe this guitar is priced correctly for the build quality, tone and design. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it. The Wow Factor: Already stated. It's nice to look at. It has great visual appeal, sound good, is easy to play, feels good in your hands, nice and solid, like a Gibson. Overall: Actually, I am considering purchasing a CS-356 (I wish they made one with the Varitone control, like my old ES-345).

"Gibson CS336 Review" submitted June 14, 2012

By Vince Agwada in Pittsburgh, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar since I was 9. Have played professionally since 1982.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Jazz, Reggae, R&B, Funk
Sound: Tone for days! I play a variety of styles and this is one of the most versatile guitars I have ever had the pleasure of playing. I really can't think of a scenario that it wouldn't be suited for and no; I don't work for Gibson... Feature: Just your meat-and-potatoes Gibson 2-humbucker feature set Ease of Use: Mine came setup perfectly out of the box. No problems using it at all... Quality: Overall it's pretty much perfect with the only exception being that the pickguard has some imperfections: There are black specks in the white layers of the pickguard that appear to be cracks but upon close inspection it seems as if it was cut while hot or something and some of the black plastic melted into the white. Not a deal breaker but I wouldn't send the axe back for something like that. Perhaps Gibson will send me another pockguard. Value: It's quite pricey but reeks quality so I'd have to say yes Manufacturer Support: Just got off the phone with them about the pickguard and they offered to send me a new one, no questions asked. The Wow Factor: Awesome tone, quality of construction, verstility make this a guitar that I just can't live without. Overall: Simply put, this is the sweetest axe not only that I ever owned but also that I've ever played! I own 20 guitars including a 72 Strat, 2 PRS Custom 24's and other goodies. They've all been in their cases since this beauty arrived.

"A Truly Incredible Axe." submitted January 19, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Cowboy Rock.
Sound: This guitar has amazing tone and sound.....the stock humbuckers are very full and lush.....lots of variation between pickup selection and tone controls. Feature: My only disappointment is that it does not have an ebony fretboard....I have since found out about the Kiefer Sutherland inspired model, but that is about $1000 more than I paid for mine. Ease of Use: Superb playability, absolutely love the carved body and how it hugs me when I play it.....extremely comfortable and lightweight. Quality: It did need a setup, and the nut was not cut very well, plus it was made of plastic...I expected slightly better quality control, but once it was et up to my specifications....didn't matter. Value: Worth every penny....I have owned this guitar for 7 months and it has become my main electric axe. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it. The Wow Factor: This guitar caught my eye one day in my local shop and I couldn't get it out of my mind. Went back to play it twice....wasn't really looking for another axe, but this one was too good to let go. Overall: Clearly one of the best looking, best playing electric guitars I have ever owned...I could easily see myself picking up another one or two in the coming years......
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Way Above Expectations!!!!!" submitted October 14, 2013

By earl e in orlando, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 40+ years. I own one guitar (and amp) for every genre of guitar playing.
Music Style: Classical, Jazz, finger style/melody, Bluegrass, 60's and 70's Hard Rock.
Overall: All I'm going to say about the CS336 is that if you don't buy it, then you've made a serious mistake.

"PRS VS Gibson, its a toss up, for the simi hollow body I decicided on the Gibson" submitted December 27, 2005

Musical Background: Hobbyist, 30+ years
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: The sound is good, but mine needs some pickup adjustments, the low E string is very loud when picked with the other strings, just needs pickup lowered no big deal. Feature: Mine came with a polish cloth, 4 picks, and a cord with intructions. I wish it would have inclluded a truss rod tool. Quality: Mine was gift so I do not think that the dealer did much of a set up on it, the intonation sucks, but again I am sure that it just needs adjusting. the nut is plastic and I plan on changing to either a bone or ebony nut, to me the tuners suck, they make a cracking noise when you turn, the look nice but dont really keep in tune Value: I think that it is priced right, after all it is a Gibson custom, electronics are great, great wood and finish and frets, justs tuners and plastic nut is not what I would expect from a custom shop Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: I have owned a ES 335, but this CS 336 is about the same size body of a Les Paul, Light weight and nice to hold, great to look at, I have the faded red with translucent finish

"THE GUITAR I WAS DEPRIVED OF AS A CHILD" submitted April 16, 2008

By a customer from NETZERO.COM
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: CLASSIC ROCK, BLUES, FIIFTYS AND SIXTIES POP, MOTOWN, R AND B
Sound: HAVE OWNED THE 336 FOR ABOUT A YEAR. BEAUTIFUL FINISH, EASY TO PLAY. BUT I DIDN'T REALLY LIKE THE SOUND AT THE HOUSE, SO WAS ABOUT TO USE IT FOR A TRADE IN. THEN TOOK IT TO REHERSAL WITH A NEW GROUP AND PLAYED IT THRU A CLASS A TUBE AMP......MAN AM I GLAD I DIDN'T TRADE IT OFF. THIS THING PLAYS REALLY WELL, SOUNDS GREAT CLEAN, AND WHEN YOU SATURATE THE AMP , IT ABSOLUTELY RIPS. GREAT GUITAR AT ANY PRICE. Feature: IT ALL WORKS FINE FOR ME. Ease of Use: UNLESS YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON, THIS GUITAR WILL SOUND GREAT WITH A LIVE GROUP AND A DECENT AMP. Quality: TAKEN CARE OF THE 336 SHOULD LAST AS LONG AS ANY OTHER GIBSON...... AND THEY LAST A LONG LONG TIME, AND GET BETTER WITH AGE. UNLESS YOU ARE PRONE TO LEAVING THEM OUT IN THE RAIN, OR SOMETHING EQUALLY RETARDED. Value: I BOUGHT THIS ONE USED....1 WEEK OLD...GOT A REAL GOOD DEAL Manufacturer Support: SEVERAL YEARS AGO, I OWNED MY FIRST ES336. I LOVED IT BUT AFTER PLAYING MY FIRST GIG WITH IT, WHILE WIPING IT DOWN, I FOUND A HAIR LINE CRACK IN THE TOP. SENT IT BACK TO GIBSON AND THEY CRUSHED IT. THEY TOLD MY DEALER TO GIVE ME ANYTHING I WANTED OF EQUAL VALUE OR I COULD WAIT FOR A NEW 336. I DECIDED TO TAKE A 335 INSTEAD. WISH I'D WAITED FOR THE 336. BUT I'VE ALWAYS FOUND GIBSON TO BE FAIRLY HELPFUL. The Wow Factor: IT WORKS FOR ME Overall: THIS ONE IS A KEEPER. I OWN 26 OTHERS BUT THIS ONE IS PRETTY MUCH MY FAVORITE.

"Gibson's best guitar since the Les Paul" submitted March 6, 2007

By a customer from charter.net
Overall
Music Style: jazz funk alternative blues rock metal
Sound: Best sounding guitar I've played and it's probably my 15th guitar I've owned. I got mine setup from e.m. shorts guitars in kansas. Great shop. I hate to do it, but I have to take it on the road with me because no other guitar sounds or plays as good as it. Feature: It's a guitar, not a computer. Ease of Use: Plug it in and play. Quality: The finish they use (lacquer) sinks into the finish and reveals the flame maple top (which has ridges) that they use. I called up the shop and they said that is natural for that finish as opposed to nitrocellulose, which makes a sort of plastic=y "mask around the guitar. They said they use lacquer because it doesn't "Choke" the guitar and allows it to age. Makes sense to me and no one can see it onstage, but it still kind of bugged me. I've seen it happen on my other gibson guitars as well. Value: It's expensive. Best made and playin gibson I've played, but part of that is the design, I'm sure, because other Gibsons I've had have not been the best quality. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: I get compliments on it all the time. I think it looks very "grand piano"-esque (I have the black finish). Overall: Amazing guitar. Best balance of good clean and distorted sounds I've heard in a guitar.

"I sent it back for a refund." submitted March 23, 2006

Musical Background: hobby
Music Style: blues
Sound: The sound was flat and not I was not impressed. I looked forward to my delivery and when it came i was vey disappointed. Ease of Use: The strings came set vey high to miss hitting the pickups. I would expect a better set up from a custom. Quality: I was very disappinted in the vibrations from the 456 stings hitting the pick up from the 10 fret up . Not a good guiter for the price I paid. Overall: The way the guitar looks is great but the sound and payability was bad.

When you call, mention priority code 15GF-GD3V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976