When you call, mention priority code 173K-RL7J

Rating and Reviews: Gibson SG Standard Bass

Today's version of the classic EB0 bass, this Gibson SG bass stands out on any stage, delivering focused low-end tone thanks to TB and TB mini humbuckers.

"Deja vu all over again..." submitted October 19, 2013

By Stan C in Shelbyville, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music since fifth grade, bass and guitar for 45 years. Still playing professionally.
Music Style: Classic rock, progressive rock.
Overall: First of all, I've been a regular customer of zZounds for several years because of their outstanding service and the installment plan makes purchasing equipment so much easier now that I'm retired. I bought a Gibson EBO in '69 and traded it in for the Ripper in '74, so when I saw this SG model, sort of a cross between the EBO and EB3, I decided to take a chance and have no regrets. I realize it's $600 more than the faded model, which is a steal, but the finish is impeccable and the photos don't do it justice as the mahogany grain is rich and well selected. The frets were smooth as were the trapezoid inlays. I hadn't played a short scale Gibson in 40 years, but the bottom end on this SG really surprised as it's tone was fat and smooth and notes on the upper register were clear and full, unlike some other SS basses I've had. The TB pu's certainly allow one to dial in the Gibson bite or opt for more of a Fender sound. I don't believe this is an instrument designed for slappers or poppers, but I use my thumb, fingers and pick and this bass suits my style perfectly. Maybe what I appreciate the most is not have a sore shoulder the next day from holding a heavy bass for a few hours the night before. The hardshell case is snug, well made, and form- fitting, so there's really not room for a strap, but that's only a small inconvenience. It's a Gibson-made in Nashville, so treat yourself.

"Excellent Rock and Jazz Bass" submitted December 18, 2013

By Bill H in Asheville, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Played in bands when I was younger; stopped playing for any years and started playing again over the past two years.
Music Style: Mostly Rock
Overall: I had this bass when I was a teenager in the mid 60s and I loved it then and Iove it now. The bass I just purchased has excellent quality and playability. The short scale makes this bass much easier to play than the other basses I own. I love the deep bass sound and yet the higher notes come through clear and crisp. It is a beautiful guitar and the finish is exceptional. I am glad to see that Gibson has maintained its high standards for quality throughout the years.

When you call, mention priority code 173K-RL7J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976