When you call, mention priority code 170T-29PP

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2014 EB5

Gibson's super-versatile EB Bass reaches new lows with this 5-string. Dial in a wide range of bass tones with two blendable, coil-tappable alnico humbuckers.

"Gibby! You did it!" submitted February 10, 2014

By Chris Chesna in North Billerica, MA
Musical Background: Professional Bass Player
Music Style: All styles
Overall: I've been playing bass for around 25 years. I play professionally, and I teach. I've had about 25 different basses in my life. I always HATED Gibsons. They're usually lop-sided in weight and the sound was always thin to me. Well...I had to give them one last try when they released the new EB series. I have the 5-string in bullion gold. Let me tell ya...they finally did it! This bass has some of the warmest overall tone with an excellent tonal balance. It's my 2nd favorite bass to play now. The weight is properly balanced, and it's actually lighter than my Fender P bass! Passive electronics makes it nearly no-maintenance. And, it was made right here in the U.S.A.! 120th anniversary inlay at the 12th fret tells me this line-up will hold its value, as most Gibsons do.

"Gibson Fail" submitted November 21, 2014

By Todd W in Enterprise, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I have played bass for 37 years. I play only bass. Ihave gigged for money, but play for the love of music
Music Style: classical, classic rock, Christian (church), swing, blues, country
Overall: First EB5 bass had an awful hollow sound, very bad harmonic resonance on B string. I returned the bass and got a second one. The second bass was even worse than the first. The B and E strings sounded hollow and awful, with the same harmonic noise. The rest of the strings also had a hollow sound. I took this instrument to a luthier for professional setup, he was convinced it was an electronic problem that would void the warranty if he tried to isolate it for repair. He suggested I return the instrument and find a completely different bass. I am doing just that, I called Gibson directly about the problem hoping for some suggestions, they told me to handle the problem with the vendor. Gibson is a company with a great history, but I fear they won't be around forever with their arrogance and complete and utter lack of customer service. I feel like I gave this bass more than a fair shake by having it professionally setup. I have bought multiple instruments in my 45 years on earth, and I have never had one that I couldn't adjust myself to my liking. I have never had any major setup problems from any of them even right out of the box. I have a Gibson Thunderbird that is amazing, and was so right out of the box. I am very disappointed this bass didn't work out. I love the look of it, the cool headstock, and the cool look of the finish. But a bass shouldn't sound this bad!

When you call, mention priority code 170T-29PP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976