When you call, mention priority code 202-K83L

Rating and Reviews: GHS Boomers Strings

GHS Boomers are highly popular, durable electric guitar strings. With nickel-plated steel wrap, GHS Boomers sound great and are built to last.

"best strings out there" submitted October 25, 2012

By Alexander W in beckley, WV
Overall
Musical Background: lead guitarist for five years
Music Style: Metal melodic classical and rock
Sound: These strings are very strechy full of tone nd dont seem to break so easy like others i have put up with. Feature: Slinky toneful and resistent to breaking. Quality: Insane quality for under five bucks a pop Value: Yes big time. The Wow Factor: Ive played these for two years exclusivly now and recently i got a new shecter and it had ernie balls on it what i use to use and the difference was instantly there and not in ernie balls favor i am never going away from my ghs boomers. Overall: Priced cheap but full of quality

"Durable good strings, with maybe not the best sound but great for a money and their instrument." submitted December 13, 2009

By a customer from centrum.cz
Music Style: rock, metal
Sound: Cannot say much things about the sound. At first I d like to say, I use crappy amp and quite a lot distortion. I just cannot say I have problems with sounding bad even after months of usage. Maybe if I heard the new one and mine, there would be probably difference. Also some strings are nice with specific type of bridge or pick ups. So I gave it here max 10. Feature: I give here 8 because I d like to see other colors of strings. Some red, blue, green black would be awesome. Also if would be nice to see another the thinest e in a pack. This string is probably most breakable from my experience and one should be careful:-) Ease of Use: Very easy and very durable. If you do not do any mistake you will not break them. VERY DURABLE and my GHS Boomers never broke during the play. using 10-46 in E and 13-60 (standard 10-46 +60 from ZW pack)in A Quality: Only 2x when over-tuning e slightly (yeah that was stupid), and the second time it was e again but when down-tuned. I do not really get that how it happened. I guess I made some mistake again, like pretty fast tuning with tuning peg. 10. Value: Here, in Europe, everything is more expensive. Worse, when you live in post-communist country and you do not make big money. Still they cost cca 1/100 of relatively good month payment. Manufacturer Support: I had not had to dealt with them. So neutral 5. But it could be 10 or 0 The Wow Factor: I use them because many other people I know use it for their non-breakage. Famous guitarists like John 5 or Zakk Wylde used them too. Overall: Great strings that I would like to have in dark red color. That would be perfect.

"SH*T STRINGS!" submitted June 19, 2013

By Nick T in Boulder, CO
Musical Background: Professional - Touring
Music Style: Metal - Jazz
Overall: I look for resonant response, elasticity, and tone when picking strings. It is about the combination of sound and feel that meet your specific picking needs.I tried these strings for about 3 days and they sound terrible. Even after they are stretched and broken in, they resinate with an awful tinny sound. I will never again NOT purchase strings from DR.

"the worst guitar strings EVER!" submitted October 3, 2007

Musical Background: musician
Music Style: anything metal, alternative, jazz
Sound: they dont sound that bad when you first put them on, but after a couple of days they will start rusting/corroding like hell and when that happens, it will sound like you have an old, rusty piece of barbed wire for strings Ease of Use: Its not that I think putting strings on a guitar is hard, but when you have to change to different strings every three days it gets real freaking annoying, Quality: these are the absolute worst strings EVER! and its not just these strings its all of ghs strings that suck. the best strings there is (in my opinion) are sinisters, although they are a little pricey. D addarios are good all-around strings, dunlop zakk wylde icon series strings are pretty good, Elixirs really suck, and any strings that are Ernie Balls are really awesome strings. the best sounding strings are heavy but the easier-to-bend and average sounding strings are light. the best sounding metal for strings is steel or stainless steel, nickel sounds good, but nickel plated steel doesnt sound very good. make sure when you buy strings you check if they are coated or not because a lot of people dont like coated strings, including me plus the coating on the string CAN differentiate the sound. Value: cheap price but definitely not worth $4 Manufacturer Support: dont know, dont care The Wow Factor: if you dont believe me, go buy a pack of any ghs strings, put them on your guitar, play them for a little bit, take them off, put on some ernie ball strings, and listen to the difference Overall: TAKE MY ADVICE! spare yourself of the difficulty and crappy quality of the worlds worst guitar strings!

"GHS BOOMERS" submitted December 18, 2007

Overall
Sound: I have used bommers for about 5 years now. I tried alot of lot of others before I settled on these. I like to bend my stings and I like em heavy. .11-.50s Some other brands just don't hold up no matter how "slinky" they might claim to be. I like DR's better, but when value meets price it stops at boomers for me. Quality: I feel that for the money boomers seem to last a fair amount of time before that start losing sound. Like I said before I give mine heck and they very seldom break before they have a right to.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The best electric guitar string available, in my opinion." submitted November 3, 2007

Overall
Sound: I've been using GHS Boomer 10's on all of my electrics since 1992. Most of my guitars have never seen another string. Before I discovered these, I tried every brand under the sun including DR's, Dean Markley, Blue Steel, Ernie Ball (used them all through the 80's and they always broke), D'Addario (sterile, break), etc. I have always found the Boomers to be made well and they have a lively, punchy tone. They have never rusted on me (in fact I've never had any strings rust on me, so I don't get the previous reviewer), and I've only broken one of these maybe 3 times in 15 years. I gig every weekend and practice about 3 times a week. I change sets every two weeks. Changing strings is nothing to me, where some people like to strain out 4 bucks and keep them on for 2 or 3 months. Chances are the previous reviewr isn't having any better luck with other brands. Quality: These strings are industry standard quality and tone, and aren't expensive at all. Again, these are the only strings I use on my electrics. Value: You can't get a better string for under 5 bucks. Overall: There's nothing I would change about these strings.

When you call, mention priority code 202-K83L. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976