When you call, mention priority code 206-J39G

Rating and Reviews: George L 1/4 RA Plug .155

Leave the soldering iron at home. George L's cable connectors let you fully customize your rig simply by tightening a plug around a cable end.

Overall

"George L's gave my custom pedalboard a custom look and sound." submitted November 6, 2011

By a customer from roadrunner.com
Musical Background: Serious Hobbiest
Music Style: Classic Rock, Progressive and Ambient
Sound: I was in the process of updating my effects pedalboard and incorporated a True Bypass switching system. It was obvious that my current Monster .75 ft RockMonster cables were not going to work in this application as each pedal needed to terminate into the switcher. I wasn't too keen on the idea of re-investing in new cables as I had already dropped a small fortune on my RockMonsters at $26.00 a pop (X 12). But I had to bite the bullet and prepared myself for investing in a custom cut-to-length system. I looked at all of the usual suspects and decided on the George L's just based on the reviews I had read. Needless to say I am totally pleased with the results. Now my board looks completely custom with each and every cable. The sound (to my ear) is as transparent as advertised. Feature: Not much to say about features here. It's a cable..... Ease of Use: The cable system is easy to fabricate and so far trouble-free. I do however highly recommend using a cable tester after assembling each one as you really have no idea if your assemble technique was successful. I use the Behringer CT 100. It's only about $21.00, easy to use and will test many different cable configurations and types. For my application I needed to make about 30 cables so I purchased a roll of George L cable (50') and connectors. If you choose this method make sure you get the correct cable to match the connectors. Quality: The quality appears to be very substantial. Value: This is my only complaint. The cost. From my chair the cost of the connectors a way overinflated. This little exercise ran me close to $500.00. Major OUCH!!! So there you go.... Manufacturer Support: Haven't had a need to contact yet. The Wow Factor: The George L's do look attractive my board and look like they were made just for my application. Overall: Overall I am very satisfied with the product. The only reason it gets an 8 and not a 10 is.....you guessed it....the cost.

"George L Right Angle 1/4 in Plug .155 " submitted February 19, 2012

By Martin S in Anchorage, AK
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar and bass 30+ years, play professionally.
Music Style: Nearly everything
Overall: I would never have set out to buy this product, but I needed to make up a bunch of cables for a pedal board, and I had gotten a few George L's cables with a bunch of stuff in a trade, so I got the extra ends to chop up the long cables into short ones. Having said that, in the end I really like the product - they really assemble easily and they sound great, and are really compact, which makes them perfect for a pedal board. They are also great in the sense that you can throw the extra parts in your gig bag and quickly make cables to reconfigure your pedal board without having to solder anything. They are a bit pricey for what they are, especially if you are handy with a soldering iron and can make up your own cables.

"Cables from the 1970s still work!" submitted September 16, 2013

By George Price in Atlanta, GA
Musical Background: Full time musician, playing since 1967
Music Style: Variety artist, mostly called to do blues, jazz, R&B and classic rock.
Sound: Sound is as clear as possible to my ears; it should be, the capacitance in picofarads per foot is very low. That means both minimal high rolloff and minimal handling noise. Feature: It's a cord, no features except the ease of assembly and long-term reliability. Oh, and the clear sound. Ease of Use: Easy to assemble, and easy to plug in. Quality: Seems well built, has hung together under constant use for decades. Value: I suppose it's worthwhile because it sounds good and lasts long (longer than any other cable I've ever owned), but I think it costs a lot more than it needs to. Manufacturer Support: No idea, I've never contacted them. The Wow Factor: There's nothing exciting about it. Overall: I built George L cables back in the late 70s, and have used them and others like them on literally thousands of gigs since then, with *almost* no problems. Didn't even have "strain relief jackets" in those days. The only failure I've had is the screw-on caps on the right-angle jacks coming loose, gotta keep an eye on that. A friend told me he had the same problem. I'm not sure if using Thread-Lok dope would prevent proper contact. The straight plugs have never failed in any way. Still, my favorite cable overall, even if seemingly vastly overpriced.

When you call, mention priority code 206-J39G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976