When you call, mention priority code 146G-4XC0

Rating and Reviews: Gator Deluxe Rack Case

Military-grade polyethylene makes for a super light but incredibly tough shell on the Gator deluxe 19" rack case. Its ridges make stacking cases easy.

"Nice Quality, Nice Looking" submitted October 3, 2012

By Bill G in San Francisco, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've played music for over 40 years. I started on bass and now play classical guitar. I also do live sound and recording.
Music Style: Classical, Folk, Rock, Standards
Sound: N/A, since this is a case Feature: VERY STACKABLE. Ease of Use: N/A Quality: High quality and good looks. Should last a long time. Nice cosmetically, very sleek, everything fits and functions fine. Value: Is this good value? It is much lighter than my old plywood and felt cases (and lighter than the old shallow 3 rack space SKB I was using before), but not as Eco-friendly. I think it could be priced a little lower, but I got mine on sale, so I can't complain too much. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal wit the manufacturers so far. The Wow Factor: Very pretty and seems to be able to keep looking good after transporting to and from gigs. My old case was looking pretty threadbare, this one is shiny and doesn't scuff as easily. Steel components are higher quality than the old SKB as well, even though I like my old SKB and it served me well. Overall: I use mine to house 2 mic preamps, an ART Pro MPA2 (2 rack spaces) and an MXL MPAC 1 (1 rack space) I think this is quite a bit nicer than the 10 year old SKB roto-case I had been using. Its lighter by far, even though it is larger, and it is less prone to scuffing so its good looks should last longer. I read one complaint about not enough rack screws, but I had enough to mount 2 units (they were already in the rack) before I even undid the plastic bag that contained the other 8. Mathematically, 16 screws is ALL you would ever need, and they come with nice rubber washers. This thing looks SO MUCH BETTER than the usual textured plastic, and presentation is important for a musician in some cases (no pun intended). Latches are solid and easy to open. The rubber handles are comfortable and strong. No shock mounting---shock mounted cases cost more. Still, it should protect the gear if it gets dropped since there is enough room between the case and the devices it houses. I'm happy with mine. I kind of wish I'd gotten the SHALLOW model (designated by an S) but looking on the bright side this way I have enough room to transport cables, mics and headphones in one enclosure.

"Well worth the money" submitted August 7, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Active muscian
Music Style: Metal
Sound: N/A Feature: I would like to see the clamps on the lids rather than on the case. That would make more sense to me. Ease of Use: Everything I have mounted in it has fit just fine. The locks are nice also, just don't lose the keys! Quality: I have had the 4 space rack for about 5 years and put it through a lot and never had a problem with it. Value: Why pay more for something with a "better" name on it. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: In the future I will probably buy another one, as my equipment grows I will need a bigger one or just get another 4 space. Like I said before, why pay more for a name. Overall: I will have this thing until the day I retire from playing music!!!!

"Does what it says. However..." submitted January 25, 2006

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Active Musician
Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: NA Feature: Has everything I want. Stackable, portable, light, durable, lock, double-sided opening... etc. However, the product COULD have had more features for the price. They could also include more screws with washers! Quality: Well made, but the left-side of the rack mount strips are tight for the screws to mount the units you wish to install. This was the biggest issue. Value: Not worth the price since all it consists of is empty space, some metal and plastic. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: Practicle addition to my setup. Since it is such a deep item and the lids are very annoying, I will probably exchange it for a hard case with zip-lids and soft covering. I thought the case would be easier to use... no dice. Overall: It does what it is supposed to do, but not very easy to use... read above to find out why. The tight left-mount was the biggest issue. You don't want to risk ruining the case or your precious units when screwing things in!! I will more than likely be looking for another case.

"You get what you pay for , more or less." submitted December 4, 2006

Musical Background: full time musician
Music Style: all styles
Sound: n/a Feature: As far as features, it tries it really does to give you more for the money. But, the rack cannot be placed on a table because the cover must be angled below the rack and put through safety brackets (that don't really need to be there) so you must slide it over to the edge of the table to place the cover on, not good. It comes with keys and locks to keep the help from messing with your gear on multiple night gigs. But, I bet most musicians will lose the keys (I know I would ) so I'll never use them. It is very lightweight and for me that is good. I am over 50 now and am sick of lugging heavy gear. Small and light is what I want. But the tradeoff is it will be less durable so take care of it. Lastly, I bought a Behringer RX202FX mixer (small, light, packed with features.. but!) to use with it. This will NOT fit into this rack. Behringer better fix the rack ear problem on this unit because the unit is 19 1/8th inches wide! Too wide to fit in this rack which will not allow a unit to more than 19" exactly or the cover won't close right. Shame on Behringer more than Gator. Ease of Use: It would be easier to use without the safety brackets for the covers, they get in the way and are hard to fit in a hurry or in the dark or when on a table/any larger surface. Quality: hey are lightweight which is good but the tradeoff is they are more fragile than most racks. Value: It is value priced but it is also cheaply made so you be the judge. Manufacturer Support: Don't know about support. It's a rack case. The Wow Factor: I want one like it minus the bad and more of the good features. Overall: Measured against all racks it is on the low end. You get what you pay for.

Gator Deluxe Rack Case Customer Review submitted July 12, 2006

By a customer from mcrlawgroup.com
Musical Background: hobby
Sound: Great buy. It has been super durable and I like to locks. Currently buying a 6U and have a 4U. Feature: lock is great Ease of Use: getting lids lined up the first time with the lock, but easy after first time

"It's a case" submitted October 19, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Engineer/Producer
Music Style: Rock, folk, adult contemporary
Sound: N/A Feature: It's a case. Whatever. I just wish that the lids opened differently. Right now there's sort of a hinge thing on the bottom which requires whatever end you're opening to have a few inches below it, which is a pain when you don't have a table or something nearby. Ease of Use: It's a case. How difficult can it be? Quality: People moan about Gator cases. I don't see why. I have a Calzone case here too. They both do the same thing. The Calzone case can probably be hit by a truck without getting a scratch on it while the Gator case will be pretty damaged. It doesn't matter if the case lives, because the gear would all be destroyed if it's hit with enough of an impact to break the case. Value: The cheaper of the cases, but I still think that they're charging too much for them. It's just a plastic shell with a metal frame inside. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It's an ugly thing, but whatever. It's functional. It carries my gear and keeps it safer. That's all that it needs to do. That being said, my Calzone cases look one hell of alot sexier. Overall: It's fine.

"If you want quality and road worthiness, look elsewere." submitted October 20, 2006

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: Experimental Progressive Metal
Sound: N/A Feature: It included a pack of screws for mounting the processors. I wish the would place the clamps on the covers, not the case itself. And the cover hinge hooks should be on the top, not the bottom of the unit. Ease of Use: It's awkward to open and close. Quality: Had I known this product was manufactured in China, I would not have ordered it. The structural material is inferior to SKB, very flimsy. It would simply hold rack processors, it will not last with road use. It may last a month on the road. A condom offers more protection. Value: It was not worth it. The Gator's material is a cheap, thin-walled plastic. Manufacturer Support: I have not attempted to contact them. The Wow Factor: Function over form in this case. Overall: I may have saved some money by purchasing the Gator, 10 space rackmount over the SKB 10 space, but I got what I paid for. I consider this my mistake, I didn't do my research. I have already replaced this Gator product with an SKB. I do not like Chinese quality standards in ANYTHING, and the Gator is now a trash basket at our rehearsal studio.

"buy a better one" submitted March 7, 2008

Musical Background: pro
Music Style: jazz,r&b,rock,funk
Sound: I hate the hinges they put in this box.It's a pain in the rear.I think the box is made very cheap. the box sways in the middle and is not very sturdy for handling heavy stuff.I sent it back. Feature: the hinges are not a good addition to this rack. Ease of Use: if sitting on tht floor or table ,you can't open the covers. Quality: POOR Value: over priced Manufacturer Support: they took it back The Wow Factor: good looking

"Poor Quality!" submitted March 7, 2007

Overall
Manufacturer Support: Gator will not return calls or answer emails. I am trying to get parts for a roller rack handle. I have contacted them 4 times and do not get any reply at all.

When you call, mention priority code 146G-4XC0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976