When you call, mention priority code 1762-0SW1

Rating and Reviews: Fishman Loudbox Mini Amp

Take this light and portable acoustic amp with you wherever you go. It features 60 watts of acoustic power and digital reverb and chorus effects.

Overall

"The Fishman Loudbox is simply the best amp for what I am doing, for the right price." submitted July 17, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician, teacher, player, song writer
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Country, Gospel, a everything in between
Sound: The Fishman is an absolute joy to work with. Very portable, small, light and packs a big punch when needed. Doing an acoustic act with another guitarist using the same exact amp has proven to be a very good decision. Our sound mixes very well, with guitars and the vocals are quite nice too. We are using different microphones at this time, but being baritones, we will be better off with the same mics, the Shure Beta 58 is our choice. With reverb and chorus on the guitar side, and reverb in the vocals, there is quite a lot of quality sound. I am also using a distortion stomp pedal to enhance my leads, using just a hint of distortion, and the tone and level controls as more of a volume than anything else. All in all, one of the best amps that I have purchased in 39 years of playing. Feature: All in all, I am quite pleased, really wouldn't change anything at all. It is simple, yet has it all to make a show work, and work well. Ease of Use: Just the most useable amp I've ever owned. Quality: Can't improve on what is a winner! Value: Price is reasonable, but as you know, most of us musicians can't afford much, it is a good investment. Manufacturer Support: Never before, but will again! The Wow Factor: What ever! Overall: Used a friends, and went right out and got one!

"Home Run!" submitted May 16, 2012

By T W in Safety Harbor, FL
Musical Background: Play guitar, bass, pedal steel, dobro, ukulele, banjo
Music Style: country, blues, bluegrass
Overall: I bought one of these in summer of 2011 after playing an outdoor wedding ceremony gig with a friend. We were on ukes. I was on a baritone into a nice mic, he on a concert, plugged in. I was truly SHOCKED at how loud it could get, and with great tone. In fact, I kind of chuckled when I saw it, and said "Will they even be able to hear us way over there with that?" They could, and it sounded great. It's only 60 watts, so yes -- there's a limit, but for a lot of small jobs where it doesn't have to be chest thumping loud, it fits the niche. I've used mine on many solo jobs in coffee houses, small bars, a farmers's market, etc., and it's fantastic. There are times where I maybe should have brought my SoloAmp (aka "the Fish-stick") for that extra volume, but this thing really does save room/time for a lot of those small gigs. I've even used it for a beach wedding with a small Honda generator, and it was great! I call my SoloAmp the Fish-stick, and I've dubbed this one "the Toaster." Puts out way more GOOD acoustic sound than an amp this size has any right to.

"Fishman LoudBox Mini - A lot of Boom for the Buck!" submitted November 3, 2011

Music Style: Very Eclectic
Sound: The sound is really beautiful that come from this little unit. Volume is a little bit of a concern. If you are playing Small to Medium Venues, this is the unit that you need. If you are playing lager venues, I would suggest Amping Up to the next model. Even with a direct out, I had a hard time hearing what was going on in the Monitor Mix in a Large Venue. I played a Guild Songbird and a Martin 000-18 with a Fishman Infinity system through it and both guitars sounded great. Feature: I found the Features to be extremely useful and easy to use. If I had one complaint, it would be that the Second Channel only had an XLR input and no 1/4" input on the front panel. I discovered one on the back panel. This is inconvenient to say the least. Ease of Use: Very easy to get a great sound. I can hardly wait to try recording with it. Quality: Very Road worthy and Studio worthy. Value: Who can complain about something this good for under $400.00? Manufacturer Support: All Fishman Products are cool! I have been using them for at least 30 years. The Wow Factor: It is Practical and Sexy! Overall: I will supplement this product with a bigger Fishman Amp!

"Fishman Loudbox Mini Acoustic Guitar Amp" submitted March 22, 2014

By David O in Kenton, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Play at home now. Have been playing for 55 years.
Music Style: Blues, Christian, Folk, Rock and Roll.
Overall: I was really hesitant to buy this amp, I mean, come on, 60 watts into a 6.5 inch speaker? I decided to take a chance on it, based on its reviews, and a recommendation by a friend who had used one. I was blown away. I plugged my Taylor 414CE into this diminutive beauty, and it was crisp and clear; it sounded like a really big acoustic guitar. This is my third acoustic amp, and may well be my last. I won't go into the features, you can read about them on the ad. I will say that it's great to be able to use reverb and chorus at the same time. I have not needed Maunfacturer support. I guessed that it would be great as well.

"OUTSTANDING LIGHTWEIGHT AND POWERFUL" submitted March 18, 2013

By walt young
Musical Background: Play professionally
Music Style: Country and pop.
Overall: Do not mistake this little amp PA for some Mickey Mouse toy just because it is small. I heard a buddy performing with one and went and bought it the next day. I do a lot of solo gigs. From quiet dinner to large halls. I have used the Roland, Fender amps, and PA systems. To make it short and sweet I just played a 40 x 90 hall full of people dining and dancing with this and had plenty of volume to spare and the sound quality guitar and vocals was excellent. You will not believe this is a six and a half inch speaker. I was set up and tore down in minutes. No pain no strain.

"Loudbox Mini" submitted May 15, 2014

By Christopher Z in Brainerd, MN
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years guitar bass. Clubs and at home.
Music Style: Folk, classic rock, singer songwriter.
Overall: Wow! Great little amp! Play my epi ej200 through it and it sounds great. Vocals sound great. I love to practice now, great for small venues, DI out if need be for bigger places. Fed-ex left it outside at the wrong address, thank god thy good neighbor called me right away! Pay the extra for signature required! Hard to find competent drivers I guess.

"Fishman Loudbox mini" submitted November 22, 2012

By Bertrand W in Fort Wayne, IN
Musical Background: Hobbyist, experienced
Music Style: folk, classical, metal, thrash and progressive, some classic rock
Sound: The sound is good to me, even though I have limited experience with acoustic amps and PA systems. I am more of a Peavey 6505+ user but have decided to go more acoustic lately and this works great with a mic on the guitar or plugging my Martin D15 with a lr baggs m80 directly in and using a shure mic for vocals or harmonica. The amp sounds good with a guitar mic'd and also directly plugged in. The vocal channel is good to and I have no problem equalizing the channels. The EQ and reverb is good on both channels as well as the chorus which surprised me somewhat, I even turn it to max occasionally and it does not seem to over-color the sound like many cheap amp-based choruses do. Feature: It is basically a match to my Martin D15, everything you need and nothing you dont at a cost that is reasonable for what you are getting. I cant think of anything else it would need honestly. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Quality: So far it seems to be made fairly well, I could comment after I own it a year or two with better info but so far so good. Value: I believe it is easily worth the $330 dollars I paid for it. Wouldn't have minded to get a little cheaper on sale but I have no second thoughts about what I paid for it and I dont think too much about what else I could have gotten. Manufacturer Support: Havent tried to contact them but it was easy to register the product. The Wow Factor: Not really a wow type of item, but it looks distinctive and I certainly can wow some people with the level and quality of sound that such a small light amp puts out. Overall: Excellent acoustic/vocal amp for practicing, PA's or small venues

"As good as the Bose Wave Radio; Genius!" submitted March 27, 2011

By a customer from geetel.net
Musical Background: Active Musician since 1964
Music Style: All styles
Sound: I rated it a 9 because it could use a little help on the bottom end. The mandolin sound is as good as you could ask for. I play an Ovation w/ pro plus pre amp & the low end rattled a little but not much. I also have a 64 Gibson LG1 w/ Martin thinline under saddle pickup and it was every bit as loud as the Ovation w/preamp. Very impressive! Highly recomended. Very good on vocal channel as well. Feature: Features are limited but I knew that before I bought it. Chorus is very subtle as it should be, reverb is okay; more useful on vocal channel. EQ is really all you need unless you are finicky. If you have a preamp it is very easy to compensate whatever you may feel it lacks. Once again great deal for the price. Will probably buy another. Ease of Use: Everything you need; don't even need the manual unless you are a rookie. Quality: I currently own 3 Bose wave radios and I would equivocate this product to them. Great quality and unbelieveable sound for the deceptively small size. It is less expensive than some of Fishman's stomp boxes. Value: YES! Highly recomended. Manufacturer Support: So far no need as it works perfectly. The Wow Factor: Depending on your needs; it suited mine perfectly and I actually had fun showing it off to my bandmates & students. I guess the technological marvel aspect and the sound, compact size and reputable brand name all make it a very desirable purchase. Overall: I like it the way it is because it makes the buyer appear very smart. I would definitely replace it or possibly buy another as you can buy two of these for the price of the Loudbox 100 and run in stereo or add another musician (or TWO).

"This is a great little acoustic amp." submitted February 21, 2011

Musical Background: singer-songwriter
Music Style: contemporary folk
Sound: I recently got this amp from ZZounds and it has an incredible sound. With the undersaddle (Martin/Fishman Thinline) pickup on my OM, it has a nice acoustic tone. I found that the best sound with this pickup comes with the mid-range and bass slightly reduced. I have also run a mic through it (both dynamic and condenser) and it works great. I used both a mic and the UST at the same time and it gives a natural acoustic sound plus good definition of each string that works great for finger-picking. I also tried it with an acoustic-electric gut string (nice results) and an old 50's Gibson ES-125 electric (mellow jazz sounds). Feature: This amp has a good-sounding reverb and the chorus is a nice effect (it gives a good full sound with just a bit of chorus). Ease of Use: It takes no time at all to get a nice acoustic sound. Quality: High quality, nice looking amp. Value: If you play solo guitar in small venues, this amp is perfect. It would also be great as your on-stage monitor in a band where you run through a PA. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to call for support. The Wow Factor: I like the vibe. Overall: This amp is exactly what I have been looking for for many years.

"Wowza! Size doesn't always matter!" submitted June 30, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist 40 yrs.
Sound: WOW! good things do come in small packages! Only reason I gave it a 9 not a 10 is perfection is hard to come by. I play a takimine tc 135 sc and the amp is perfect for this guitar. This little boomer is much more powerful than it's size belies... Highly recomend this amp. 19 pounds! Feature: wish it had a phrase looper.... Ease of Use: I like everything about this amp especially the sound to size ratio Quality: extremely well made! Value: bang for the buck Manufacturer Support: haven't dealt with this company. Just bought the product The Wow Factor: good looking product Overall: keep this and think about the new battery powered 10 pound marshall

"LOUDBOX MINI ROCKS!" submitted January 23, 2014

By Sally D in New York, NY
Musical Background: Professional working musician for the past 30 years
Music Style: Singer-songwriter, pop, funk, rock.
Overall: Fantastic little amp with a wonderfully huge and brilliant sound. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed by this incredible little creature! It would be perfect for a small-ish venue or busking, and to use as your own personal monitor it is excellent. If your sights are set on larger stages/venues, I would step up to the next size, but don't get me wrong, this baby does pack a punch. If your acoustic guitar or instrument has a quality pickup, paired with the Loudbox Mini you will be smiling. Go for it!

"Got me out of a Jam" submitted August 3, 2013

By Chris L in Missoula, MT
Overall
Musical Background: singer-songwriter for 25 year- I play guitar, banjo, dobro and mando
Music Style: americana-folk-blues-ROCk-real country.
Overall: I was in a brewery playing to a large and LOUD crowd- I was running the mini in stereo with another "un-named" acoustic amplifier when the "un-named" amp gave up the ghost- like most musicians I have to fix things on the fly and always turn to the proverbial PLAN B-. After checking this and that and the kitchen sink I dropped the "un-named" amp from the chain all together and used only the mini. Well, after a few adjustments the mini did the trick and the crowd, as well as yours truly ended up very happy-granted, the mini was HOT after nearly 3.5 hrs but it did the trick and I am very pleased with this little, yet comfortably loud/balanced amp.

"Fishman Loudbox Mini" submitted February 18, 2014

By Michael Vasquez in Austin, TX
Musical Background: 46 year music veteran. Guitar, bass, banjo, steel guitar
Music Style: Folk, Rock, Country, Contemporary Christian, jazz
Overall: The amp is much smaller than it looks on the website but it is surprisingly loud and clear. Almost not distortion and extremely high levels. I use it as a monitor and use the direct out to plug into the main PA. In smaller venues it should suffice on it's own. I did have a problem with the FedEx delivery. I paid for 3 day shipping. FedEx claimed the driver delivered it, but I was home the whole day. Through my neighbor's surveillance cameras, we saw that NO FedEx truck came near my house that day. FedEx put in the claim and 3 weeks later I did get the delivery. When the driver left of my package, he had a scarf over his mouth so I could only see his eyes. Hmmm..Loudbox mini- thumbs up. FedEx- thumbs down.

"i really this product beside the fact the size of it is so small but delivers the best quality sound" submitted November 26, 2012

By ramil terrado in honolulu, HI
Overall
Musical Background: jam at home and church
Music Style: christian
Sound: awesome quality Overall: my review on this product and my experience before buying it so helpful with the technician that helped me and how he explain things to me so he did and outstanding job.

"small but terrible" submitted February 6, 2012

By Ace G in Cathedral City, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years musician, church, public events and at home.
Music Style: pop,mellow,christian
Overall: I was looking for a good amp with quality sound, since Iam using a martin with a fishman pick-up, I decided why not get a fishman amp, but then when I check their cheapest product, I thought that it was too small and may not handle my venues, but after reading some review,so I decided to buy it w/ competitive price match.As soon as I got it, test it, and...WOW! this is terrible...clean sound and has everything I need for my gig and the good thing is I could plug it in direct to our main board w/out and extra D.I. overall, I'm very much satisfied. This is best when you move from gig to gig, very handy yet powerful enough to be heard 1000sq venue.

"Not bad, not bad at all!" submitted August 29, 2011

By a customer from knology.net
Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Whatever the gig requires
Sound: The sound quality for the guitar channel IS industry standard acceptable, but nothing more. The distortion treshold is surprisingly high - I used it solo in a large church and did NOT loose the "accoustic" sound. The amp also cuts through in my Contemporary Gospel group quite well. However it really won't get over a rock band before disortion unless you send the Direct Out into a PA. The chorus and reverb on the guitar channel are quite nice and in order to get this amp to sound good you DO need to use them; it takes some tweeking. Now, the Mic side was a VERY pleasant surprise, like WOW, and when you use that channel while playing the guitar, the sound of the guitar REALLY comes to life. This is DEFINITELY the application where the amp sounds best, highly pleasing, and it'll darned well cover a good sized coffee house. Feature: The direct out on the guitar is a little tinny, which was easily beefed up with a bump or two of EQ on the mixer channel of our PA. The direct signal is NOT noisy, a REALLY nice surprise! The phase changer helps with tweaking too. The advertising is a little deceptive regarding usage of magnetic and piezo type pickups. There's NO switch to itenuate such, you have to manually raise the volume to a certain hash mark to accomodate for magnetic pickups. Another feature I'd have liked to had involves the amp cover I bought seperately. The amp's power cable has to be removed to get the cover on and there's no pouch for that cable on the amp cover, a pouch to accomadate a guitar cord would have been nice too. Ease of Use: Not too hard to get a good sound, but it definitley wants to be tweeked diferently for each room you play in, which in the end becomes your freind with this amp. You really can dial in the right sound realtive to the room, particulary when using the guitar and Mic channel together. And here's the rub - GRAB AND GO! This amp is lighter than a guitar in a hardshell case. Now that's ease of use in my book. My back is soooo happy! Quality: Only had it a month, but I've used it in performance a lot and it's been totally reliable. It seems to be built very well; no rattle, no hum here. Everything works. Value: Thar' she blows! THE PRICE IS RIGHT! No, it doesn't sound like its 1000 dollar counterparts, but it sounds pretty darned good, and what you get here for the bucks is just amazing, particularly the Mic channel. You can easily use this for all sorts of Public Address applications. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any reason to contact Fishman; amp functions very well. The Wow Factor: Also a tad deceptive in the advertising is that it really looks in the picture like the sides of the amp are a beautifully stained wood - it's brown tolex, nice color though, really good looking little amp. Overall: Though it frustrates me getting the right sound for the room sometimes, I get A LOT of compliments on this amp from people with discerning ears that would have no problem letting me know otherwise if it wasn't good. And OMG, do I LOVE the lightness of its being. It's highly versitile in its possible applications, lots of bang for my bucks. Like I said, I'm already using it a lot, 'spect that to continue

"Little Big Box" submitted August 25, 2012

By Dean Neal
Music Style: Eclectic.
Overall: Very nice tone. Perfect for the party, just grab n' go.

"Small but accurate and powerful!" submitted January 12, 2012

Music Style: Pop, rock,christain, gospel
Sound: When it came out of the box, it was small, I thought it's not gonna do the job, but after reading some review, I'm finally convince, and when I start plugging and playing my Martin...WOW! couldn't believe! its small but delivers excellent and powerful sound. Feature: It's fishman, what else can I say. I play on church band with 6 peice instrument, and I never had a prob. Ease of Use: Very easy! I've worked with several mixing/audio set up and this one is a walk in the park Quality: Very sturdy. No distorted sound! Value: I got a competitive sale price from zzound and it's pretty reasonable!

When you call, mention priority code 1762-0SW1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976