When you call, mention priority code 20M-CY30

Rating and Reviews: Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen

Focusrite's top Scarlett USB audio interface gives you 18 inputs and 20 outputs in one rackspace: 8 mic preamps, 10 analog outs, MIDI I/O, S/PDIF and more.

"All Smiles here" submitted August 22, 2016

By Steve Schreiber in Binghamton, NY
Overall
Overall: I'm Lov'in It! After a week or so of some serious test run jamming with a seriously low 3.9 mssec roundtrip latency recording @ 24 bit/96k/Hz with SONAR X3 Producer, I have found absolutely nothing "not" to love about the new Gen 2 18i20. The very name Focusrite has always been synonymous with great quality, reliability, and legendary sound quality, and this is no exception. But that’s exactly what I expected out of Focusrite, because it’s been proven to me all so many times before, if it’s Focusrite it will “WORK” as expected. :o) And what is most exceptional about my whole experience with purchasing my new Scarlett 18i20 Gen 2 is the most exceptional service here at zZounds, and the fact that my shipment arrived the very next day after placing the order was the first shock of mind boggling super low latency I experienced that day, that will indeed stay with me forever. Thank You zZounds, I love your super nice zero interest “Play as you Pay” terms as well. :o))

"Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen" submitted January 30, 2017

By a customer from gmail.com in port chester, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music since childhood. Guitar, Keyboards, Bass, Drums.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Funk, Jazz, Hip-hop.
Overall: I'm very happy with the performance. I had a bit of lag time while using my old MacBook Pro but once I switched to my new iMac there was no latency at all. I was able to record live jams while achieving a studio quality sound.

"Nice features, so-so sound" submitted February 16, 2017

By Eddy Lawrence in Moira, NY
Musical Background: Professional musician and recording engineer
Music Style: Roots and ethnic music
Overall: I bought this for its number of inputs and flexible routing options. I like those features very much, especially the easy configuring of different monitor mixes and the ability to add mic pres via spdif and adat. But the sound is not in the same league as my RME Babyface. I find the monitor output on the 18i20 to be cloudy and lacking in audible frequency range compared to my Babyface. I would never mix using the monitor out from the 18i20, instead I use a Mytek converter patched to the spdif outs of the 18i20. After having the interface for a couple of months now, I have decided to use the 18i20 as an outboard adat 8-pre with my Babyface. That way, I have a couple of decent channels of conversion going into the DAW and have much better sound through the monitors. The 18i20 is just fine as an adat add-on pre unit, but I must admit that I have been spoiled by listening to good converters and the 18i20 is just not quite there for me in that regard. Also, the mix control software has a habit of not thinking that the hardware is connected. This often requires cycling the unit off and on, which is a bit of a PITA when it happens when trying to record a track. I have also experienced odd pops and clicks occasionally when recording.

"Odd build quality choices" submitted December 28, 2016

By Joshua W in Kirkland, WA
Overall
Overall: I purchased this unit looking to replace my older 2i4 unit. It looks solid out of the box, performs as expected and seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. A few days in I noticed that the screen had a smudge on it, so I took my cotton shirt sleeve and tried to clean it off. It left small scratches. Confused, I made sure that there wasn't a protector over it (I had already removed the obvious one from the factory). I lightly ran a fingernail over it and realized to my horror that even light pressure had gouged the cheap plastic window in front of the readout. I've bought tons of equipment and gadgets over the years and never seen such a poor choice for a covering like that. Really odd considering the rest of the product seems rock solid. I'll be chasing down Focusrite to see what they can do, but be warned it's not what I expected from this company. The material is actually made such that the scratches make the readout difficult to see in lots of lighting conditions. Bravo.

When you call, mention priority code 20M-CY30. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976