When you call, mention priority code 176F-R6Z2

Rating and Reviews: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

With eight Focusrite microphone preamps and a total of 18 inputs/20 outputs, the Scarlett 18i20 USB audio interface is ready to be the heart of your studio.

"More versatile than I envisioned" submitted October 28, 2013

By Mike M in Paducah, KY
Musical Background: Amateur Music/Audio/Video/Graphics/3D Modeling
Music Style: FreedomRock
Overall: My computer related hobbies are widely varied. Up until the purchase of this 18i20, I had been fighting less than adequate hardware and software for audio needs. This interface, along with the downloadable software/driver, is incredibly capable and has solved to perfection most all of my audio related difficulties. I can tie anything/everything, hardware or software, in my audio arsenal, together with a little thought and the proper cables or patch cords. Plenty of audio ins and outs, data ports, and the ability to either patch or route it all makes this a great piece of equipment. As well, the audio quality is superior hardware-wise: Quiet ADCs, DACs and pre-amps, 24-bit/96k bandwidth, and an ASIO driver that does not complain or cause trouble. Works great with the newer versions (10 & 11) of Pro Tools. Documentation does not match up with the quality of the hardware and software.

"Awesome Sounding Interface!!" submitted December 22, 2013

By Geo M
Music Style: Rock, Folk, Country
Overall: I originally bought the Saffire Pro 40 but returned it. I did a total upgrade to my entire home studio and ordered a new custom built computer with lots of USB ports. USB is a better way to go as far as compatibility and future upgrades are concerned. This interface is the best you can get in this price range IMHO. The Mic Pres are very clean and quiet. Even when maxed out. Lots of I/O. I am blown away by the sound and versatility of this unit. Converters are great too. Love the independent head phone outputs. That feature alone is a major plus for me. Driver's are rock solid. No glitches, pops or crackles which was a concern of mine with a USB interface and especially after going from flawless performance with Fire Wire. No worries though. This thing delivers the goods all around. I don't know why the RME UFX is so much more money but I'm willing to bet it won't sound or perform any better than this. You pay for the name I guess. Don't think twice. Just buy it.

"Octarve Anderson Jr./Producer/ Songwriter and Artist Development" submitted March 12, 2014

By OCTARVE ANDERSON Jr in Dallas, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Recording Artist Development/Songwriter and Producer.
Music Style: R&B and POP
Overall: Works extremely well with my DAW, Studio One Pro..

"Focusrite scarlett 18i20" submitted May 4, 2014

By Bernie T in Valley Township, PA
Musical Background: 35+ years multi instruments and home DAW/studio
Music Style: Rock, progressive rock, fusion, acoustic, world sounds, soundscapes an meditation.
Overall: Great piece of equipment. I have the Scarlett 18i6 and use it as the main with the 18i20 in stand alone mode using adat so it works as a preamp. Love their sound!

"great interface" submitted February 4, 2014

By okang lindsey in columbus, OH
Musical Background: ive been in music for about 20 years now
Music Style: Reggae,Hip Hop,R&B
Overall: what can i say this is a very good interface no issues at all well built with stable drivers lots of ins and outs

"Dope piece of gear" submitted November 18, 2014

By Triszz Music in Newark, NJ
Musical Background: Multi Genre Music Producer
Music Style: Hip hop, Pop, R&B
Overall: Very versatile interface. Plenty of channels and i easy to setup. You get a nice mixer visual when you install it on your computer. You can setup your routing how you want to a couple of monitors. Pretty cool and definitely built strong have had it for about 6 months now no problems.

"Followup Comments" submitted September 15, 2014

By Michael M in Paducah, KY
Musical Background: Experienced amateur
Music Style: Freedom Rock
Overall: I will not be buying another Focusrite product. Only a few short months after purchase, I encountered NUMEROUS problems. In fact, a soft/firmware update had to be recalled (deleted from the website with ZERO explanation or apology) because it was unusable. Focusrite support was totally lost and unprepared for this one particular major error (among others I encountered). Although the support team were nice folks, they were inept, untrained, unknowledgeable, would not answer any of my questions. I had to wait for a new, completely rewritten update as there was no facility to revert my 18i20 back to a previous firmware version! I was stuck in limbo-land for over a month. Later on, the buttons began falling off! I didn't even have to touch them. They just fell off. Support passed the blame to the manufacturer. How adolescent. As if they are not still responsible. While the 18i20 works well enough when it works, it is of grossly inferior quality in some respects and was a major headache for me. I found my purchase of this device to be a real waste.

When you call, mention priority code 176F-R6Z2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976