When you call, mention priority code 14Y0-SZK5

Rating and Reviews: Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Need more I/O? Not with this 20x20 FireWire interface. With 8 sweet Focusrite mic preamps and JetPLL jitter elimination, it's a rock-solid DAW front end.

Overall

"Professional sound quality that everyone can afford!" submitted December 7, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 9 years performing and recording. Engineer/Producer @ NyM-Pro Studios.
Music Style: Hip-Hop, Country, R&B, Rock etc...
Sound: I've owned and used the Saffire Pro-40 for a little over a year in my project studio to record countless records. The mic-pres are clean with minimal color and among other variables I attribute the Pro-40 to many happy returning customers. Sounds great with microphones such as; Sterling Audio's ST-69, Shure's SM7B-SM57-SM58, The Blue Bird-Spark-Baby Bottle, Se's X1 and many others. Great for drums, vocals, guitar cabs etc... We have since planned on purchasing the Focusrite OctoPre MkII 8-Channel Dynamic mic-pre to add a few more inputs because of how great this interface sounds. This interface will NOT disappoint! -Nas Briseno. www. nympro .com Feature: Excellent sound using a typical setup with SM57, Mogami cables, Crate GLX1200H Amp Head, G412SL Cabinet and Gibson SG 2005. Software takes a bit to take full advantage of everything it allows you to do. Best feature by fare are the pre's! Ease of Use: The only downfall in my opinion are the drivers and bundled software used as a mixer. For someone who's classicly trained on consoles it was rather counter-intuitive (as it turned out I was not the only one who thought so). That aside, once you've learned the software it work seamlessly with Pro-Tools and I think it's a great addition/upgrade for any serious studio. Quality: Knobs are excellent quality and feels as sturdy and well built as anything double the price. Value: Easily sounds like it's worth double. And that's coming from myself as well as others who have recorded/engineered in million dollar facilities! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to. I think that says something about the quality as well. The Wow Factor: Sound quality is amazing and must say it looks damn good sitting in your rack mounts. Overall: I've set off to purchase the Octopre MKII because of how great this interface sounds. In other words it sounds good enough to where I went back to Focusrite to get more inputs!
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Interface!!!!" submitted November 24, 2013

By George M in Ancram, NY
Musical Background: Producer, Engineer, Singer/Songwriter
Music Style: Rock, Country, Folk, Electronic
Sound: The preamps are very clean and quiet with lots of gain. Does not color the sound. This interface delivers crystal clear audio and reproduces the source material exactly. Feature: The features of the Saffire Pro 40 are fantastic. 8 high quality Mic/Line preamps, 10 outputs ,S/PDIF, ADAT, 2 headphone sends with independent volume levels and Mix Control software. Who could ask for more... Ease of Use: Just set it up, install the drivers and other software and you're ready to go. The install was a breeze. Sonar recognized the drivers instantly. I couldn't believe how easy everything went. Quality: The Saffire Pro 40 is built like a tank. The housing is made of metal. All connectors are tight. Knobs and buttons are firm and solid. Value: Definitely worth the price. What you get for the money is outstanding. Manufacturer Support: I'm a little disappointed with Focusrite Support which is why I rated them so low. Only snag I ran into was with the bundle code (or authorization code) for the plugin suite. I contacted support, they got back to me and said they would email me a new code but that was 2 days ago and I still have not received it. I can't unlock the plugins until I get my authorization code. Come on Focusrite... An email takes a second to send. No excuse for not sending it. Maybe Monday? We'll see... Overall: I've had the Saffire Pro 40 for about a week now and am totally amazed with this interface. I bought it to use with my DAW, Sonar X3.The overall build quality is great. The housing is metal. Very road worthy although that is of no importance to me. It won't be leaving the studio.

"THIS UNIT ROCKS!! ITS GOT AMAZING PRE's AND AMAZING FUNCTIONALITY!!" submitted March 16, 2011

By a customer from fullsail.edu
Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Hip-hop
Sound: This thing is a BEAST!! Great preamps, much better buy than M-Audio's Profire 2626 or any other interface in its price range. This thing SCREAMS!! Plenty of headroom, plenty of options, super expandable!! BUY IT!! Feature: GREAT Pre-Amps, Great Software Mixer, Great Sound! Ease of Use: Pretty much plug and play, watched a 5 min YouTube video and I'm captain of this ship now! Really it's that easy to use! Quality: Very solidly built, made of metal knobs feel sturdy all jacks are Neutrik dual XLR & TRS! GREAT PRODUCT! Value: Like I said BEST INTERFACE in this price range EASILY, I'd pay $700. I've used the Saffire 56, the $1000 version with Liquid Channels, they sound IDENTICAL aside from the Liquid Pres, which by the way ROCK! Manufacturer Support: I called Focusrite for an issue I had with shipping, I talked to the VICE PRESIDENT of their shipping department within 10 minuets of being on the phone, they made everything right, right away and mailed me a BRAND NEW unit overnight I received it at my door at 8:30 the next morning! The Wow Factor: SEXY, SUPER FUNCTIONAL, SOUNDS AMAZING!! Overall: BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT!!

"Amazing Interface!! Must buy this" submitted February 6, 2012

By Travis Chlouber in Houston, TX
Musical Background: Audio engineer, Touring Musician
Music Style: Death Metal, Deathcore
Overall: I use this for multitrack recording in my studio with Logic Pro 9 and it works Flawlessly. I wanted to use this to track live drums and i'm able to put everything in their own channel. The quality sounds crystal clear, very easy to use. If your looking for good quality with multitrack recording then this is a must for you.

"this is a good product" submitted September 19, 2012

By Shawn Siddiqi in Rochester Hills, MI
Overall
Overall: been using it for a year to mix and record all my tracks clients seem to love it that's why they keep coming back its clean and beautiful just like music to my ears!

"Great piece of gear!" submitted September 29, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician, Audio Engineer
Music Style: Funky
Sound: Excellent sound, the preamps are very musical - honestly, everything I've tracked so far has sounded great. I like being able to set up separate cue mixes between the two headphone outputs too - very useful for an intimate tracking setup. Feature: Of all the units at this price point I thought this was the best combo of I/O available. Very flexible software mixer - a bit of a learning curve, but they do give you some basic settings out of the box for tracking, mixing etc. that get you started right away. You'll still want to RTFM - but that's true of anything with advanced features. Would be nice if it was FW800, but then again neither is the competition, so... Ease of Use: There is a bit of a learning curve with the software mixer - again, that's to be expected with a lot of flexibility. Still, it's fairly straightforward getting things going. Being a 1RU size piece of gear the print is small, so it can be hard to read if your eyes aren't sharp...but it's not unworkable. The LED meters on the front are very useful to have! Quality: Seems pretty solid - I wish the front panel Neutrik jacks were screwed in like the ones on the rear...but they seem OK. I actually had the Pro 14 first, and was more worried about the jacks on that one. I liked that unit enough, though, that when I decided i needed to step up I went with its big brother instead of Presonus, MOTU, Mackie, etc. Value: I'm very happy - I got 8 really nice preamps, plenty of outputs, MIDI, flexible routing software & some nice plugins and a VSTi as lagniappe. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with support, other than online for registering the unit & included plugins. No problems there - hopefully I won't have to find out how they are anytime soon. :) I will note, however, that they seemed to have OS X 10.7 support before most of their competitors, so points for that. Overall: I expect this to be part of my studio for some time to come - I can expand with it, and if I should ever outgrow it (THAT would be a great problem to have!) I can expand with another of their units.

"In my opinion the greatest audio interface" submitted November 28, 2010

Musical Background: Active musician, engineer
Music Style: Rock, alternative
Sound: This interface sounds great for recording anything! I use it for drums, guitar, vocals, and I have been very impressed with it. It records vocals with clarity, and everything else as well. The preamps sound great, that's actually one of the reasons I bought it, because I have always used, and loved, Focusrite preamps. Feature: Nothing extraordinarily special about the features. It has everything I need for my home studio, and I'm satisfied with all the features, except I was kind of disappointed that there was only pads for the first two inputs. Ease of Use: I have to say, this is this is the most intuitive interface I have ever used. There's really not much to learn, you just plug it in to your FireWire input, let your computer install the drivers, install the plug in from the disk, and your set. I was recording the night it came. It doesn't take much to get good sounds from this interface, just set the levels, and record. Quality: This interface is very rugged. It is made of sturdy metal and I think it will last me a really long time. There are no loose parts or anything, and I have had absolutely no problems with it. It's not really designed for anything other than recording applications, but I'm confident it's reliable, sturdy, and solid enough to go on the road, and will probably handle being dropped a few times. Value: I believe that even though this is in thE same price range as similar products, such as m audio fast track series, its quality, sound wise and as far as being well built, surpass that of it's competition (trust me, I phave spent years and thousands of dollars buying, replacing, and repairing similar products). Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any problems, so I've had no need to contact the company. The Wow Factor: This is a very necessary piece of my setup, though I believe it is the best in it's price range and features. Overall: I will use this as long as it will work, and thinking that it will for a very long time. If someone stole it, I would definitely buy another, it's just a great interface, does all that is required of it, and does very well.

"Great Sound" submitted June 10, 2012

By Curtis Z in Olympia, WA
Overall
Musical Background: 31 years bass player. Session recording for a few close friends that make hits. Occaisionally play live when the mood strikes.
Music Style: Any. Always get drug back into country, bluegrass, folk, but my heart is with rock, funk and metal. Go figure.
Value: Great product for the price. Kinda wish I would have gotten the Liquid 56 now. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any. Overall: Wanted something better the my M-Box that came with PT. Zach suggusted the Saffire 40. I was leary because it is FW and Windoze doesn't always play nicely with non native tech. Added a firewire card, istalled the software, turned on the box and everything fired off without a hitch. The sound from this interface is much warmer and to my ear, truer than the little MBox ever came close to. Great device. Loaded the RTAS integrator to try and get it to play better from within Protools, but have yet to have any succes in getting it to work. ProTolls compains about missing or miconfigured I/O settings everytime it starts now, even after I have gone in and reconfigured it to disable the misbehaving inputs. Overall I would give it 8 out of 10 for what it delivers.

"Ultimate Digital Interface!!!" submitted February 10, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Musician, roady, soundman, hobbyist.
Music Style: Blues, R&B, Classic Rock, Acoustic(folk,old country)
Sound: I am a relative NooB, when it comes to setting up a home studio. I have spent much time in Major studios, and several home studios of others. I know the sound and this Pro 40 interface, really helps you achieve that. It mates up well with my new Sonar x1, had no sound control issues. The match is made in heaven. Now I want a new set of monitors,,,it helps that much. Feature: Straight forward interface with software, has power cord and Firewire cable. Inclusion of Ableton, Live 8le was a nice touch for those who haven't made a choice in a DAW yet, though I am sure most of us have made that choice already. They also included Loopmasters, Bass Station, Focusrite mix control(really nice), and Mix control Snapshot Library. The Focusrite Plugin Suite(VST/AU), and user guides are included. 8, count them, 8, channels with phantom power available, and all the differen passages you can think up!!!! Ease of Use: If it was any easier, you would probably want to know what is wrong. I immediately went to the tutorials at Focusrite.com and found all the info to have it up and producing sound, as fast as I could install software and view a couple of short to the point Video tutorials.Easily modify, and get any sound you want. This many routings will never leave you wanting, if it does, just add another to the firewire chain. I started out by building an extremely robust PC. Then picked Sonar x1, and the PRO 40, fit right in, with no hiccups. learning curve should be short, even for NooBs. My gitar, and my voice, have benefited while recording. Can't say enough about the sound. Quality: Metal cabinet, Great knobs, buttons, i/o's all worked well. Great finish,and fit of parts. Has some heft to it, can be used in a rack system. Don't think I will worry about damage, but I am gentle on my gear. Value: I would do it again gladly. when I expand, I want a second one. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to call them. With there system of tutorials, and knowledge base, I found everything without having a wrinkle on my brow. Can't imagine calling them, but with this amount of attention, before the fact, I can only imagine they would do well in this area. The Wow Factor: SEXXY.. Black, with blue accents, nice lighting, well laid out. Overall: I looked a long time. I built a designated computer system(PC), for my setup. So I was definitely going to be picky about the interface, and the multi-track recorder.I bought Sonar x1, and it all works well together. If anything happens to this it will be replaced with like unit. It does everything I wanted, even gave me some new ideas. I will buy another,,, same one to add in a chain.

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Customer Review submitted September 7, 2011

Musical Background: Singer, Songwriter, Recording Engineer, Produceer
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Country
Sound: The sound quality of the Saffire Pro 40 is amazing... Extremely reflective of the tone going in, and I've discovered that the software that accompanies the hardware produces fantastic quality as well. Feature: This is a very no-nonsense, easy to use interface... I didn't want something with lots of glowing buttons and fancy knobs... I appreciate the resistance in the knobs, not cheap and thin like lots of high priced JUNK. Quality: This is a very sturdy piece of equipment and comes with the ear coverings if you're not ready to rack mount it... Sleek and sound... Manufacturer Support: I have not had to call for help with this product

"A must-have for any project studio." submitted January 25, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Jazz
Sound: Great sound. This is a rock solid unit and works flawlessly with my 64-bit windows 7 PC. Feature: Great features for the price point. I gave it a 9 because it would be nice to have a built in pad on every channel when tracking drums. It works great with the gain knobs turned down to 1 or so and I don't get any clipping. I plan to expand my system with a Focusrite Octopre Mkii dynamic and connect it to the ADAT portion of my Saffire 40. The mix control application is incredibly powerful but takes a little time to master. Once you learn how it works, routing audio signals is easy and limitless. The TWO headphone amps that are built in are more powerful than some of the competing units within the same price point. Ease of Use: The mix control application is incredibly powerful but takes a little time to master. Once you learn how it works, routing audio signals is easy and limitless. Quality: Nicely put together. It has worked flawlessly for me. Value: Great product and lots of features for the price point. I have personally recommended this product to numerous friends who are all happy with it. Manufacturer Support: I had a static issue with a similar product from a different manufacturer. I contacted the Focusrite customer support before I purchased this unit to see if they had experienced any of the problems that I had with the competitors unit. They were extremely helpful and confirmed my research that this unit doesn't have any history of static problems. I have not had to contact them with any issues. The Wow Factor: Looks great and works like a charm. Solid 64-bit drivers for windows 7. Overall: Looks great and works like a charm. Solid 64-bit drivers for windows 7.

"Great interface. Doesn't have problems with static electricity in dry climates like similar interfaces from other manufacturers" submitted October 5, 2010

Musical Background: musician/drummer
Sound: Works great. As good as others in the same class with a few more features. IT would be nice to have a pad on each channel. Feature: It would be nice to have a pad on each channel not just the first two. Ease of Use: There's a little learning curve on the mix control software. Once you get it down it has great flexibility. Value: Works great. I use it to record my drumkit. Manufacturer Support: Questions I asked Focusrite before I purchased it were answered promptly. Haven't had any issues with it.

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Customer Review submitted July 31, 2010

Musical Background: semi pro
Music Style: blues jazz rock progressive rock
Sound: spits and sputters the driver continues to drop out of my DAW, make sure you have a decent firewire card with TI or VIA chipset, not NEC... Feature: not bad if working properly Ease of Use: doesnt work enough to record a song Quality: i hear focusrite charges an arm and leg for parts if its out of warranty...it seems sturdy Value: doest work, why buy it? Manufacturer Support: they play email dodge ball, email is sent asking to check this, send it back, get another back 1-2 days later saying check that...hahahaha The Wow Factor: it looks good, but doesnt work Overall: get an echo
11 of 69 people (15.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 14Y0-SZK5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976