When you call, mention priority code 15H8-BT8X

Rating and Reviews: Liquid Saffire 56

With cutting-edge Liquid Sound capabilities and JetPLL jitter-elimination technology, this interface gives your studio a total of 28 inputs and 28 outputs.

"FOCUSRITE LIQUID SAFFIRE 56 WINNER!!" submitted August 5, 2012

By Mark E in Nashport, OH
Musical Background: 28 years, recording engineer, producer, editor
Overall: I must admit, I am extremely impressed! After 1 full year of using the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, I am SOLD. At first, I experienced some issues with Firewire compatibility and a computer that was too slow, (NOT A FOCUSRITE ISSUE) once I upgraded and built a new computer to today's expected specs, I was up and running. The only technical issue was latency and driver issues, which after reading and running tests with a well known (Latency Test, 3rd Party Download) I was able to see that drivers running on my computer were spiking the time intervals which affected the Firewire interface and other processes not wanted or necessary in a DAW setup. Long story short... I am using windows 7 professional 64bit with 32gb of ram (tower build was built for around 2K) because I also wanted to do some video editing and graphics. I decided to make custom settings to allow the computer to be Protools10 only at boot with one user login and with only necessary things turned on, I made this username Protools10. For other all other programs I made a separate user account with all things left on. For Protools10 logon I turned off wireless internet, blue tooth and other pesky problems that should be apparent to most users, but not all when using a dedicated system. The results are more pleasing. The round trip latency before the dedicated user account was about from 0.200 to 0.320 max. That's not milliseconds but microseconds (looks like backwards (u.) then s. again (not ms.) The latency test software shows range from 0 to 16000 on their measured scale with anything under 0.500 being okay for streaming audio or video. Since that time FOCUSRITE has a new driver out 3.00 for the MixContol and it's made the latency even better and you do not have to use the legacy firewire settings that you once were more depending on to make things the best that they could be as far as latency. After installing the MixControl software 3.00, I noticed with Protools10 running and the Liquid Saffire running the latency had gone down even further to about 0.088 lowest to 0.180 highest. So if my calculations are correct that's still under .25 ms. GREAT NEWS!!! For me and for you if you are looking at the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56. Check this link out for update. (AS OF JUNE 2012) http://us.focusrite.com/downloads/saffire-mix-control-30 Here's a link also to download the DPC LATENCY CHECKER (FREE) if you use it for private personal use and not commercial. http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml Hope this helps so of you on the fence for which device to use. Best Regards, Mark
31 of 33 people (93.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Outstanding" submitted June 16, 2014

By jay fleming in Burnt Woods , OR
Musical Background: Pro over 30 years
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Overall: This is a great upgrade to any home studio or small studio that needs I/O flexibility. The operation in relatively simple and sound quality is , well "Focusrite" you can't go wrong with this unit. There are better units out there, but not in this price range. Mix control can be a little intimidating at first, but give it a second and it really is simple to navigate. The liquid Pre's are great to add some color to your recording. I have heard many say that they are not true or accurate. No they are not the real thing! But if you had the money for the real thing I seriously doubt you would be considering this unit. That being said I have had this unit a month or so and have done 7 tunes so far and the sound quality in outstanding!! If you are a little guy or just want to add some I/O and good preamps to your studio. You can't go wrong for the money. Not to mention you can use it STANDALONE with the liquid pre's

"Solid Interface" submitted March 10, 2014

By Paul S in Houston, TX
Musical Background: 40 yrs as a Jazz Keyboardist, Brass & Percussions
Music Style: Jazz (Fusion, Smooth and Straigh-Ahead)
Overall: This interface is solid, it sounds great. The zero latency feature is incredible. Love the liquid preamps.

"Pre-amp modeling and more!" submitted August 4, 2010

Kirk from zZounds
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Alternative
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: This is one area where this product does not disappoint, offering the same great Focusrite sound the audio world has come to know and love. The products main selling point it seems is its 2 'liquid pre-amps', which are capable of modeling classic Neve, Pultec, And Telefunken via the units dedicated software. The problem is it that the end result in no way represents the legendary sounds that it claims to imitate. While this interface seems to be many things, a Neve or Pultec pre-amp is certainly not one of them. If you work with this unit expecting that great Focusrite sound though, you will most certainly get that. Feature: Yes this product offers a lot of features, but a lot of features that most people will find no practical use for. I would gladly trade the mic pre modeling, interface software and optional 16 simultaneous headphone mixes for higher quality parts and a simpler layout. Ease of Use: This is where this product is need of the most improvement. Considering this is an interface, shouldn't it INTERFACE DIRECTLY with the DAW your using? I guess not according to focusrite. You are required to control the features of this interface through its own dedicated software, which is very clumsily laid out and offers little versatility to users. This software boasts features like being able to control 16 headphone mixes simultaneously, but what if I don't want a bunch of crazy options and simply want to record audio? You still have to wade your way though a very frustrating interface. I believe you shouldn't need additional software to control an interface designed to work with the DAW you already have. It took so much time to find out just how to route signal though the software (the most basic function an interface/DAW should offer), and that to me renders it useless and unnecessary. The mandatory software really kills what could be a fantastic product. I want physical buttons and knobs, not endless menus that don't go anywhere. Quality: This product looks and feel very fragile, and the knobs for all of your options feel cheap and are very fussy. Unacceptable for a product with this price tag I think. There is too much emphasis on useless options and not enough about what matters, which is quality. Value: While you will get great Focusrite sound at a reasonable price, I feel I could spend much less on something else that simpler and higher quality and be much much happier. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt directly with the manufacture, but have spent a lot of time on the sites FAQ section for this product, which answers many of my questions,and at the same time still left me searching for answers elsewhere. Overall: Overall I must say, this would be a great choice for the money compared to other interfaces in the same price range. Im sure with a little time and dedication, this interface would get the job done and then some. Don't let this review scare you away from an all around great sounding unit.
46 of 86 people (53.49%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 15H8-BT8X. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976