When you call, mention priority code 12CM-5DT1

Rating and Reviews: Texas Special Pickups

Used with the James Burton Standard, Merle Haggard Tribute and American Classic Teles, this single coil pickup set uses Alnico V magnets and enamel-coated magnet wire.

"The best Telecaster pickup Period." submitted June 7, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Mostly Rock, but anything that I feel, or challanges me.
Sound: I put these pickups in my Squire Telecaster which was my favorite playing guitar. The Texas Specials made my guitar like a new guitar. Now the lead guitar player in my band keeps bothering me to sell him the guitar. The sounds I can acheive with the clean, and distortion are spectacular. I run my Telecaster live through a Fender M80 Chorus Combo amp. For my distortion I run a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, and a Boss Distortion Pedal. I always had distortion feedback problems with the Telecaster before with the old pickups, but I loved the sound of the clean. The new pickups made my guitar's cleans sound like a ringing bell tone. I can acheive any clean sound from country, and 60's pop twangy brightness on the bridge pickup, to almost a Les Paul clean on the neck pickup. I use 11 boomers for more meaty sound for my strings. Also I would suggest the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster for anyone using a Telecaster that wants better distortion. I can acheive Metallica, Slayer type distortion with it. I have tried for about 5 years to find a way to turn my cheaper Telecaster into a mean machine, and Through the two Upgrades I have discussed here I have achived all I have wished for and more Feature: The overwound pickups help me achive the over the top distortion I crave along with the best clean sounds known to mankind, I have used these pickups to make a modern music masterpiece Quality: The product was as good as gold Value: Was worth every penny of the $99.95 Manufacturer Support: Never Had to. Overall: I will never replace the product ever!
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great sounding pickups the only better pickups i've found are the G&L Pickups from california. they have best sound and output." submitted May 22, 2011

Musical Background: Playing professional 45 Yrs
Music Style: Classic Rock/ Country rock
Sound: Great sounding Pickups for the original Telecaster sound Feature: I have 3 telecasters and this pickup give me a great sounding guitar Value: Yes

"Tele Texas Specials" submitted May 5, 2012

By Jay L in Oakland, CA
Overall
Music Style: blues, rock, jazz, chicken picken'
Overall: These are great pick-ups good output, traditional tele tone with more umph! Zzsounds had a great price and delivery was right away..they sent it fedx even though I didnt request it, as part of their free shipping. I installed them on my Squire '69 reissue and they sound great.The custom shop wiring diagram was different than my existing, sounds fine wired per existing.

"Great Sound" submitted December 23, 2005

Overall
Sound: Made my telecaster that much better, reduces the annoying tele feedback when I play live with it (tho I usually use my paul and SG). All in all a good investment to any telecaster owner :P Feature: can't complain really. Quality: great quality pickups, can't really complain about em ;) Value: yup, easy 10 here. Makes your telecaster sing Overall: Awesome pickups, just great. I would recommend them to any telecaster owner.

"Get these!" submitted December 18, 2013

By Roger C in Spanaway, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for about 10 years, play guitar, bass, drums. I jam at home with friends and sometimes sit in with local band.
Music Style: rock, blues
Overall: Wonderful sound! Put them in a custom tele build and they have all the punch and spank that I was hoping for. Great set!

"Texas Tele Pickups, Somewhat Disappointed." submitted September 26, 2010

By a customer from live.com
Music Style: country, rock. alternative,
Sound: Overall sound was good. The bridge pickup was to lean for my choice of sound. Really impressed with the tones which I was able to achieve using the neck pickup, truly impressive. Ended up changing the bridge pickup back out going witha different brand with a little fatter sound.Playing country, southern rock, alternative, and R&B. Feature: Product was recieved with evrything i needed for install including wiring diagrams. Ease of Use: Like i said earlier, only was impressed with neck pickup, but insatallation was not difficult if one is able to use a sloder gun, read wiring diagrams, and own a few screw drivers. Value: Little pricy but not really higher than any other brands compairable. Manufacturer Support: Fender product, need I say more!

"Uncontrolably loud!" submitted March 9, 2009

Overall
Sound: Loud w/ unwanted feedback on the clean channel (let alone gain...forget about it!) in my MIM 2 piece ash telecaster. It's like sticking a condenser mic in the body, picks up every little tap. Has a 10k dc resistant...really high output. May not work w/ all tele/amp setups. Feature: Does give te option for the 4 way tele switch. Ease of Use: It's pup. Quality: The coil wires coming from the solderd taps are very exposed, not counter sunk, therefore I broke one but didn't seem to effect the sound. And the FB was there b4. Manufacturer Support: Not needed. Overall: Loud w/ unwanted feedback on the clean channel (let alone gain...forget about it!) in my MIM 2 piece ash telecaster. It's like sticking a condenser mic in the body, picks up every little tap. Has a 10k dc resistant...really high output. May not work w/ all tele/amp setups.

When you call, mention priority code 12CM-5DT1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976