866-ZZOUNDS (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 203-C2XM

Rating and Reviews: Fender Champion 100

Need to play loud and proud? Great for any style, the Champion 100 combo amp cranks 100 solid-state watts through a number of fully customizable amp voices.

"Fender Champion 100 Rocks!" submitted January 20, 2016

By Robert Daughtery in Milton, IA
Overall
Musical Background: I play at home, and play with another Guitarist most of the time.
Music Style: Blues, Country, Rock, Metal
Sound: It's loud! You can achieve any sound you desire with the effects settings. Whether you play Blues, country, Rock or raunchy hardcore metal this Amp will perform. Feature: I love having the foot switch to change from one channel to the other so I don't have to stop playing and readjust manually. The effects of this Amp cover a very wide range of styles. And it seems to be very well built with good quality materials. I think it will last a lifetime. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, just plug in, turn on the power, experiment with the effects and rock out. It is all cut and dry operation. Quality: Very well made, quality is second to none for this price. Value: For less than 400 bucks you have an amp you can use at home, carry to jam sessions, or crank it up and rock out on stage, and with the Play as You Pay! Well that's the icing on the cake. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with Fender The Wow Factor: When I opened the box I was completely thrilled with it visually. It has an excellent Fender look to it. But the real wow factor came after I plugged in and started rocking, I compete just fine with other Guitarist using other big name bigger and way more expensive amps. Overall: This Amp is everything I wanted and expected. You can achieve any sound you desire with the effects. I finally am able to reproduce the exact sound of some of my favorite tunes I like to jam. The included foot switch makes it a breeze to switch from the clean channel right over to some raunchy distortion. Easy to transport to jam sessions and awesome to jam at home. This thing is loud, rude and aggressive! And you can't beat the price! I highly recommend this Amp.

"Awesome Amp and Customer Service" submitted April 10, 2015

By Tom Connors in Columbia, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar for a year and a half just jammin at home
Music Style: rock, blues, etc.
Overall: I've had this amp for about a month and I absolutely love it. Beautiful clean tones and the reverb makes me happy every time. Not only is the amp great but I highly recommend zzounds. The first amp I received had a noticeably large crack in it. The return process was simple and easy. One day shipping on the replacement made the whole thing much smoother and I had a new one in no time. Don't hesitate on zzounds if the price is right!

"Champion 100" submitted April 13, 2014

By Dennis M in South Haven, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing over 40yrs. Bass, guitar and keyboards. I play mostly professional.
Music Style: Almost any kind of music, but mostly Reggae.
Overall: I bought my Champion 100 not too ago and have done a couple of gigs with it. It has a great sound. Nice and clear, even my pedals sound better. I like the fact that you can set both channels the way you want them. I play a Strat and the true sound of a strat comes through. The price was good and it has already paid for itself.

"great sound dependable loud" submitted June 14, 2015

By Richard Dye in High point, NC
Musical Background: playing over 35 years
Music Style: Blues, Hard Rock, punk,some progressive metal,Ska,Reggae,and more
Overall: This amp is really nice, i gave up tube amps after close to 15 years of lunging them around and having them brake down 1 out of every five gigs they would brake down, I'm serious i used a fender twin reverb then i switched to a marshal jcm900 reverb. They were both great amps but they brake so easy and if you are giging its a pain. I Was always lucky enough to have a friend with a solid state Carvin head and like i said i would wind up using his head 1 out of five gigs.. So after a while i had a friend build me a custom solid state amp and when it came time to get a new one i went right to fender all the best of fender in a solid state amp i tell ya i would also use this amp in recording it is very versatile!

"Great Amp!" submitted March 26, 2014

By Terry Liedel in Fenton, MI
Musical Background: Pro Musician
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Blues, Classical
Overall: I recently bought this amp to replace my Crate V32. I'd been having constant repair problems with the Crate and simply got tired of the cost of maintaining a tube amp. While I love the sound of a tube amp, its expensive to upkeep. I have to say that I was blown away by the performance of the Champion 100. The clean channel is very clean and perfect for my pedal board. I like the sound of the amp models but I use the overdrive channel as simply a clean boost. And it works perfectly for that. Overall, the tone of this amp is very good, with plenty of volume for clubs. It sounds great mic'd. Its an extremely easy to use amp. I bought it on a Saturday afternoon and only had a few minutes to play through it in the store. I gigged with it that night and it did not let me down. This amp is very well worth the money and its very reasonably priced, putting it in a price range for anyone to be able to afford a reliable, great sounding guitar amp. I would recommend this amp to any guitar player.
62 of 65 people (95.38%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Long Review From BIG Fan!" submitted August 2, 2016

By Joe Lappin in Lowell, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Music playing person... guy...
Music Style: Noise Rock, Punk Rock, New Wave, Death Rock
Sound: The sound is awesome! Extremely versatile, this thing can get -dirty-, and packs more gain than you'd probably expect in those there 'Metal' voices. The British voices had me playing Judas Priest so loud the neighbors showed up... and requested Thin Lizzy! One switch, no problem. Of course, it cleans right back up with some standard Fender sparkle, moving along through the slightly muddier cleans of the Tweed and Blackface eras along the way. On top of that it's packed with plenty of on-board effects that do range in usefulness. I never could get the 'auto-wah' to sound even slightly okay, but then again, I've never been able to get *any* auto-wah to sound even -slightly- okay. The tremolo also felt off to me; slightly weak and, 'artificial', sounding. If you're unsatisfied with the range of effects presented by the amp, that's not a problem. With it's amazingly transparent Fender tone, this amp is perfect for effects pedals. There is an effects loop as well, located on the face of the amp, but I haven't actually had a chance to use it yet. I've been running all my pedals straight through the front and have had no tonal issues to speak of. From delay, to chorus, to, of course, distortion and overdrive, they all shine when you run them through this bad boy. Except for phasing--this amp doesn't do phasing, and will only produce a low static hum if you try. I'm kidding, of course, it handles phasing just fine! Hoo-baby does this thing get loud! I've read reviews that claim it doesn't. Maybe I've got sensitive ears. To be fair, I have limited live setting experience with this particular amp, however I have played it with another guitarist and drummer and I cut through the mix just fine. In my apartment, I have to keep it below three if I want to be considerate. Feature: Features, features, features! Knobs! Switches! Cables! This amp features 2x12" speakers, two channels, and a variety of amp 'voices' and effects meant to further modify your sound and comes in at 100 watts *and* includes a footswitch, which is something I somehow missed before I bought mine, so I was pleasantly surprised. I *could* do a run down of the bog-standard, *x-number* of voices, blah-ze-blah, but you can look up all that guff in a tech manual if that interests you. What it has is an awesome palette for a variety of tonal possibilities in a reasonably attractive display at an amazingly affordable price. If you're thinking of buying it, go for it! Ease of Use: It's pretty easy to plug in and get a great sound right out of the box. The knobs and rotary switches might be a *bit* too close together, but it's not much of an inconvenience, at least for me. Fiddling and futzing with the rotaries can be a bit of a trouble when you're playing, as the text is sort of small and hard to see, and the knobs being so close together makes it a bit difficult to distinguish at a glance from a distance. The 'Pre Out' and 'Power In' are situated left to right despite the fact that on most stomboxes, the in and out are situated right to left, meaning the cables would potentially be a bit jangled and jumbled if you were using it. This *is* a problem common to most amps, but it is something to mention. Quality: Built solid. The grill cloth is a bit flimsier than I'd like, and seems to be attached fairly loosely; it 'flops in the breeze' fairly easily, even with nearly no breeze present. No issues with the wires or speakers or anything like that. Value: The bottom line is, you cannot go wrong with this amp. Well... if you're looking for a 4x10" bass stack, you *could* go wrong with this amp, *buuuuuuuut* if you're looking for an affordable, versatile, Fender-ile amp that's going to satisfy your needs *AND* leave you enough cash left over for EVEN MORE gear, then you absolutely shouldn't overlook the Fender Champion 100 as a more-than viable option. I'm absolutely satisfied with my purchase and more than just a little bit in love with this sucker. Don't let the naysayers fool you with talk of 'glorified practice amp', let your ears be the judge. I would recommend this amp ten times to five people, and do it twice more. Manufacturer Support: I didn't deal with Fender directly, but I did deal with zZounds and *they* were amazing! The Wow Factor: It's a solid state 'modeling' amp and not a low-watt boutique all-tube, so it definitely won't impress too many 'snobs' out there... until you plug in and turn it on, that is. Looks like basically any generic Fender, so it's not exactly 'visually exciting', though there is a certain unstated dignity to it. Overall: I had been planning on buying myself a VOX AC30 (and I still *do* hope to buy one at some point, some day), when two things happened. I fell in love with a particular guitar that I just *had* to have... AND My girlfriend had sparked an interest in synthesizers and keyboards... I decided I'd tuck the AC30 back safely into my dreams and grab the guitar, a microKORG for my girl, and then... just some... other amp of some form, with whatever I had left. I'd all but decided on a Bandit 112-- I'd owned one before, in the 90's, and I loved it. It was in the price range, it sounded great, it was in the bag; a no brainer! But then I saw the Champion 100 online. I couldn't find any decent video reviews, and I don't much rely on them anyway, but nevertheless I was now torn. I *had* to find and play one. After finding nothing but forties everywhere I tried, I finally tracked one down. Bonus points, they had a Bandit 112 on hand, as well! After playing the both of them, I was no longer torn. The Bandit 112 is an awesome amp, and I'd still love to own one, but the Champion 100 far surpassed what I was looking for or expecting at this newer, much more narrow price point. Far from simply being a matter of "two speakers means it's better than one speaker", the broad variety of features provided a much more robust set of tonal capabilities and offered a more inspiring set of possibilities. Is it an AC30? No. Am I *at all* disappointed in my purchase? No. No. No. No. No. No. NO!

"Fender Champion 100" submitted July 26, 2016

By Gordon Agnew in Cosby, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Piano lessons in the 1950's, first guitar in 1964, many choral groups
Music Style: Rock, country, blues, Christian
Sound: So far, I'm enjoying the clean channel with voicing and reverb. The reverb adds the depth and the voicing seems to make the guitar sound like a group is playing. Feature: I'm glad this amp had the included foot pedal for its convenience. Ease of Use: It didn't take long to make great sounds come from it but it will take time to learn all the sounds it's capable of. Right now, I'm working on improving on the guitar playing. Quality: I believe this amp is well put together and should last a long time. It's not as heavy as I thought it would be but if I were to transport it any distance, I'd use a two-wheeler (remember, I'm 68 years old!). Value: From what I've seen in my shopping, this amp may be the best buy out there. Manufacturer Support: No dealings with Fender. The Wow Factor: It looks great, sounds great, and my guitar is gorgeous too. Who could ask for anything more? I gave manufacturer support below 5 stars but I did not use them. Overall: This is the first decent amplifier I've owned. Though I've owned several guitars since 1964, I had only mastered enough chords to allow me to lead church groups and do a few church solos vocally with my guitar accompaniment. This amplifier, with all the different sounds and reverb, not only make me sound accomplished, but it give me the drive to take out my guitar and learn more! I recently sold my 1956 Gibson ES125 because it didn't motivate me to play. I purchased a Gretsch 5422 and then this amplifier and am now motivated. My callouses are now built up again and I can play for extended periods of time. I try to pick up something new each week and play those licks over and over each day. I have a loving wife who puts up with the loudness and a couple of times has said "that's sounding good!". I cannot thank zZounds enough for carrying such tremendous equipment and selling it for such great prices. Since I'm now 68 years old, I don't expect to ever see my name in lights, but I'm going to be a star in my own eyes! The two 12 inch speakers really give depth and punch to my pickin' & strummin'. I know for sure that I'll never need anything better. It may take a few years to find all the settings on these two channels but I'm willing to give it a try.

"Champion 100 guitar amp" submitted July 14, 2015

By Oscar Graf in Omaha, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 3 years. I have a Taylor accoustic and a Gibson Les Paul. I play at church and jam around the house.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian mainly, a little country, southern rock.
Overall: Excellent Modeling amp. The range of different amp sounds is killer. There aren't many sounds you cant reproduce with this amp. Very easy to use and the sound is amazing. The amp is light enough to carry to gigs but powerful enough to fill up a large space with sound. The two 12s really rock. I cant turn it up past 5 or 6 when playing at the house, It rattles the windows. And as for price, It cant be beat. I highly recommend this amp to anyone.
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Wow! Great Amp for the price!" submitted January 10, 2016

By Doug H in Canfield, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for years. Play out, home record.
Music Style: All kinds of rock, classic, alternative, hard rock, and metal.
Overall: The fender champion 100 is by far your best bang for you buck. The effects and amp simulators that are built in have amazing tone and you replicate just about any sound out there.

"Best Solid State Money Can Buy" submitted March 31, 2016

By Matthew H in Georgetown, KY
Musical Background: Jazz teacher and musician
Overall: Hands-down the single most versatile, loud but glassy clear amp on the market. I've tried a thousand different combo amps. I am mainly a jazz musician but do play other genres at home. The modeling is so impressive. The mids are crisp, bass is clear and trebles are bell-like. Perhaps the only genre it may not lend itself to without a pedal board is extreme detuned metal. I've never had it at max volume and at 7 holds it's own against a digital piano, upright bass and five piece jazz drum set. This amp is used in a medium-sized upscale restaurant and it serves well. Do yourself a favor. The price cannot be beat, the effects are quality and the amp build itself is top-notch.

"Fender Champion 100 Guitar Combo Amp" submitted April 11, 2016

By Kenneth Olsen in Westerly, RI
Overall
Musical Background: been playing since 1964, electric and acoustic guitar, electric bass - home and semi-pro
Music Style: Real mix....rock, country. blues, a lot of Clapton, Beatles, Stones, Eagles, John Denver, James Taylor, almost everything EXCEPT
Overall: For the money, this amp is fantastic! I have a 1970 Twin Reverb, a Vox Valvetronix 120 with 99 presets, a Fender Mustang IV also with 99 presets, and a Fender Deluxe 112Plus which is SUPER powerful, and to be honest, the weight and sound of this Champion is A LOT more user-friendly than the others, I do smaller gigs so I would rather lug 45 lbs of amp versus 70+. The effects and the different amp sounds in this amp are fantastic and for the money you just can't beat it. No, it's not the same as a tube amp like my Twin, but for what I am doing, no one but me can tell the difference. It has become my "go to" amp for most of my gigs....

"Great Purchase" submitted April 9, 2016

By Roscoe Peterson in Boynton Beach, FL
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Hired gun type of player, rock, reggae, blues, tributes etc
Overall: Got this today (just ordered it two days ago). If you are thinking of buying this amp....DO IT! Sounds great, has many features and sounds. Love this thing, and love zZounds!

"Great amp for the money" submitted November 7, 2014

By Chris G in Roanoke Rapids, NC
Musical Background: Beginner guitar
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: Great amp, from a great company. Couldn't be happier. I play at home, so I cant say how it would be be for gigging, but for personal use, it is great. Some of the settings can be a little overwhelming for the new player, but with a little trial and error, it doesn't take long to get it all set up. I play an epiphone les paul Gothic through it, and it does great for me. I feel like it would be a great amp for me to grow with.

"Not so good!" submitted August 13, 2016

By Dr. John C in Ordway, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing all my life, however, I am not a Professional.
Music Style: I do oldies Rock, a little Country, some Blues and working on my own sound.
Overall: I ordered this amp and it was delivered right on time. I took it out of the box and it was beautiful! I loved all the functions on it and the sounded great. I expected it to be louder, like my old Fender amp, but oh well. After a little use, the sound went lower and higher all on it's own. I called zZounds.com and sent it back. They were kind and offered to send me another one. I had them to delete it from my order as I was afraid of the same thing all over again. Perhaps it was just a lemon? At any rate, I'm using my Marshall half stack and will order another set of 4x12's to make it a full stack. It has fewer dials, however, it has 4 times the sound. Thanks zZounds for being there when I needed your help! Fender needs to re-work this one. I liked it's looks, size and all the different functions, too bad it wasn't consistent in volume and sound.

"GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH" submitted October 29, 2013

By DON T in LAKE WALES, FL
Musical Background: LEARNED ON YOUTUBE, NOT BEGINNER BUT NOT READY FOR GIGS
Music Style: SOUTHERN ROCK ,ROCK, COUNTRY,
Overall: THATS RIGHT YOU GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH WITH THIS AMP. SOUNDS GREAT,MP3 FOR BACKGROUND, MANY SELECTIONS. DONT WAIT ORDER NOW

"Fender Amps " submitted March 21, 2016

By Jermaine Holley in Ashburn, GA
Overall
Musical Background: guitar, keys, drum program. I own a home studio.
Music Style: Rock Rap R&B Folk
Overall: It's hard to find words to describe the Fender Champion 100, so bear with me if I am a little fantastical concerning this amplifier. My first amp was an expensive (you mean I need an amp for sound) deal I found on the net. After getting better with guitar playing, I realized my amp sucked. It's no secret that classic rock was mostly Marshall or Fender as the box of choice. Both are great amps so I finalize my decision based on the knowledge the Clapton used a Fender amp paired with a Les Paul in his Blues Breakers days. I wanted that same tone so I just bought the setup closest to it. So my advice, don't take my advice, listen to Clapton with the Blues Breakers and he will even give you a demonstration.

"Fantastic Deal" submitted July 2, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: Have played for 50 Yrs professionally and play Bass,Tenor Sax and Mandolin. Recently picked up 6 string guitar
Music Style: I play Blues,Country,Rock,Classic Rock and Bluegrass
Overall: This amp surpassed my expectations.It's all Fender amps rolled into one! Incredible Fender sound and effects. Great for the road or studio. I recomend this for first time buyers to experienced musicians. I have played for 50 yrs and wish this had been around years ago.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing for over 50 yrs.Play Bass,Tenor Sax,Banjo mandolin and now 6 string electric guitar
Music Style: I play a wide variety of music
Overall: By far exceeded all my expectations. It's like owning most Fender amps rolled into one. Variety of tones and effects have a quality that you would usually pay much more for.Heavy duty constructed foot pedal unlike the cheap plastic ones in the 1960's.This amp is definitely worth the purchase price.I can't say enough good about this amp.

866-zZounds (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 203-C2XM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976

Seen it for less somewhere else? Get it for less at zZounds. Simply click the “Seen it for less?” link on any product page and as long as we‘re not losing money, we‘ll beat any legitimate competitor‘s lowest price, usually within two hours. Want our best price even faster? Call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll provide you with a lower price on the phone. Also, if you purchase from us and later find the product for less elsewhere, call or email us within 45 days, and we‘ll refund you the difference.

Buy it, try it, like it, or return it to us for a full refund. It‘s just that simple. If you‘re not in love with what you bought, return it to zZounds within 45 days, and we‘ll promptly arrange for an exchange or a refund. No hassles. No hidden charges. And if a product‘s defective or damaged, call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll email you a prepaid shipping label so you can easily return it to us at zero cost to you.

Simply click the Seen it for less? link next to the gear you want or call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637)