When you call, mention priority code 1418-D1T8

Rating and Reviews: Fender Frontman 212R Amp

Step up your sound with the Fender Frontman 212R. The updated Frontman now features a vintage Fender Blackface cosmetic look.

Overall

"Get this amp if you don't have one. I've played guitar for forty years. I've owned vintage Fenders and Gibsons , and I'm saying" submitted December 22, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years playing everything from rock blues, to praise music
Music Style: Mostly praise music
Sound: I just got this amp and I'm totally blown away by it. The clean sound is excellent for transistor. Nice fender reverb sound. The footswich was included with a basic switch from clean to distortion. Plenty of power! That's all I need from an amp. Feature: It came with a two buttoned pedal. A switch for clean and distortion. Easy set up and go, important to a busy musician. Ease of Use: This amp sounds great with pretty much any guitar you plug into it. Some reviewers claimed they used a different distortion pedal for a better sound. Not nessasary ,the built in distortion is fine, that would be just another pedal to cart around. Quality: This amp seems to be built well. The hardest part will be lugging it around. A small sacrifice when you want an amp the drummer can't drown out. Value: I used to own a vintage tube twin reverb worth about $2500 in todays market. This amp plays just as good, and the added feature of distortion. I bought mine for less than $300. It dosen't take a math wiz to know what an amazing bargain this amp is. Manufacturer Support: Not interested in warranties. If it breaks I'll buy another one. This amp is really affordable to the average musician. The Wow Factor: This amp has stage presence. Anybody would just assume it was a fender twin from a distance. And they wouldn't know the difference by the sound either. If you told another guitar player what you paid, he would get online and order one fast before they go up in price. Overall: As long as it holds up,it is my number one work horse playing in my church band. I think if anything happened to it, I wouldn't hesitate in a heartbeat to replace it.

"Today's amp at yesterday's price!" submitted June 17, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: playing guitar 40 years.
Music Style: Country,Blues,bluegrass oldies rock...
Sound: I was gonna say the best amp deal for the price but had to change my mind about that..It isn't the best amp for the price out there..It is the best amp for three times the price! I just recieved mine from Zzounds last night and man was i pleasantly surprised! This amp kicks it! I am glad i chose this one and especially from you guys! Feature: I don't see how anyone could not love this amp's features.The footswitch is cool as can be..The drive and 'more drive' features give the player some good choices especially using the footswitch included.I just like the heck outta this big sexy amp! Ease of Use: Super simple controls and buttons.Nuf sed Quality: I am amazed at the quality especially considering price.Just an absolute great bargain as far as i am concerned. Value: 100 watts...footswitch..all the extras..Terrific value! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed yet and may never from what i have heard. The Wow Factor: Cool amp...in fact i let some teens listen today and the word of choice was "awsome!" Overall: I wouldmexpect i will be happy for many years to come with this qnice amp.I have read what other's have reported and i think it will be with me a good long while.
116 of 119 people (97.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fender's best kept secret!!!" submitted April 21, 2011

Music Style: Variety, Christian
Sound: This amp is the "real deal" so to speak. I have a 1970 Fender Bandmaster that sounds great, but is difficult to haul around. This Frontman gives me that Bandmaster sound, with more wattage, and less trouble, size-wise. While I loved the natural tube overdrive the Bandmaster has, this amp comes close. And that classic Fender sound, which can't be found in any other brand, is alive and doing well with the Frontman. A fantastic deal for a fantastic sound. One of Fender's great successes, in my opinion. Feature: The footswitch is a definite plus. The overdrive is user-friendly. I honestly cannot think of anything else I wish it had. Whatever other sounds I want, I would have to use some kind of auxiliary box, regardless of the brand amplifier I was using. This amp gives just enough for what I need. Plus, that classic Fender reverb is present in this amplifier. No other brand has that sound--no one! Ease of Use: Pretty easy to modify. It took just about half the set played to get the amp like it needed to be--30 minutes tops. And that sound can be taken anywhere!! The manuel is clear enough for me and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed! Quality: Time will tell, obviously, but it appears to be made great, to me. I would take it on the road. But I don't know or have any idea how long I think it may last. Like I said, it appears to be a very good, quality unit. Value: THE BEST!! No doubt about it. Manufacturer Support: Hard to say. I got a schematic for my Bandmaster with no problems from them but I have no experience with Fender warranty issues. I can't help but feel they'd back it up. They want to keep their reputation in tact. The Wow Factor: Looks so retro!! Reminds me of my youth!! But, equipment has never been a sexual, lust thing for me. If it sounds great, plays well and looks cool, then it's for me! Overall: If this amp holds up, I feel I'll use it the rest of my productive life. I have no urge to look for another amp. This one meets my needs perfectly.

"All I can say is WOW!!!!" submitted June 25, 2012

By Paul L in Fort Pierce, FL
Musical Background: Been playing guitar professionally since the early 70's,
Music Style: Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Blues
Sound: Excellent!! I play two main guitars when I play out one is a Travis Bean that I have owned since 1979. It is a very bright sounding guitar with it's aluminum neck and original pickups, It sounds so clean through this amp, they go together well, and it takes a great amp to compliment this vintage guitar. My 2nd guitar is handmade by myself and a luthier friend of mine(Mel McCullough) it has Semour Duncan Pearly Gates Humbucker pickups that I can switch from double coil to single coil and with most amps I have had it tends to lose a little something when I switch to the single coil setting. Not with this amp.... the single coil was designed to get that strat type of sound and for the first time I have been able to achieve just that. Also the tone controls of my guitars seem to be more responsive with this amp. Overall the sound is just plain incredible, I absolutely love it. Feature: One of the best features of this amp is the simplicity, I didn't want an amp with a lot of built in effects (I have pedals for that) and why do you need modeling effects with an amplifier to sound like other amplifiers? This one sounds great all on it's own. Not to mention it is just loud as hell, plenty of power. It is hard to say anything bad about it but the least useful feature is the effects loop, I seemed to get some reverb bleed through, when I used the effects loop. So I just plugged the guitar into the effects and then to the amp as they were intended and it was great no more bleed through and no loss of power like some amps get when set up this way. Ease of Use: It was very easy to get great sounds, All the controls are very responsive... I read in some reviews that the reverb wasn't all that great, I don't use a massive amount of reverb anyway, but I thought it sounded just fine. I have it set on around 4 and it sounds great. Quality: The quality is very good,,, oh hell lets just say excellent!!! I take care of my equipment, I have had some things for 30+ years,,it is possible that this is the last amp I ever buy, It will more than likely outlast me. Value: I think this amp is worth more than the price I paid, and compared to the price of other amps in it's category I would say with this amp you are getting the most bang for your buck!!!! Manufacturer Support: Haven;t needed it and from the reviews I've read I may not need them. It comes with a 5 yr warranty, and Fender has been around forever, which is hard to do without taking care of your customers. The Wow Factor: The WOW factor..... It's a Fender.... and it has that classic Fender look.... It just looks good on stage. Overall: I just purchased the Fender Frontman 212R from zZounds. I wanted to wait to write a review till I really got to test it out........WOW!!! This amp just plain kicks ass!! The clean channel is so crisp and clear, it has that classic Fender sound, and when I kicked in any of my effects pedals it was very complimentary to all of them. The Drive channel gives all the distortion you could ask for, it has a lot of adjustments to fine tune it to get the sound your looking for, and when you kick in the more drive it adds just the right amount of saturation to not muddy up your sound. Very Cool!! I have owned several different amps over the years and this one is by far one of the best, if not "The best" I have ever played through. If your thinking about getting this amp.....JUST DO IT!! I read all the reviews for a lot of amps before I decided on this one and in my opinion it is the best you can get for the price and like one of the reviews said it is worth 3x the price. You can't go wrong with the Fender Frontman 212R.

"Fender, what more do expect but a GREAT product..." submitted August 24, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Touring Musician, "Recording Engineer, Singer, Songwriter, Studio Musician
Music Style: New Country, Classic Rock
Sound: I have Line 6 combos and half-stacks, a Marshall, a Epiphone Valve Jr a Peavey Windsor searching for the tone I want none of those amps can do it.. I play country music (Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, etc...)so I wanted something that would give me a sound close to my 1970 Fender Super Reverb (I use a Boss ME-50 with it). I stumbled onto the Fender Frontman 212R. I read all the reviews watched all the vids and after a few days I bought it. Needless to say I'm selling all the above with the exception of my 70 Super Reverb. It gave me the exact tone I was looking for. The distortion is useable but the clean is absolutely beautiful and the classic Spring Reverb sounds great. For less than $300 this is the best amp I have found for my use. Anything on the volume knob past 3 is overkill it is an unbelievable loud amp. Feature: While other amps I looked at required you to purchase a foot-switch they know is essential to their amps functions. Fender includes their foot-switch for FREE....and a 5 YEAR WARRANTY.... Ease of Use: Turn it on, adjust the knobs and your done...Not complicated like all the other amps I have... Quality: you can't get any better than Fender and a 5 YEAR warranty!!! Value: This amp is worth every penny. While it is not a tube amp and doesn't claim to be it still falls under the same reputation. Even as a solid state amp it sounds way better than others I own or have played. Manufacturer Support: I don't expect to have to use it. You won't find anyone else offer a 5 year warranty...That is confidence... The Wow Factor: Sex appeal...none but it has all the cosmetic features of Fender amps. I really like this amp. Overall: This amp, even though a solid state is everything I need. If it was stolen I would definitely purchase another one.
44 of 46 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I love it!" submitted October 20, 2008

By a customer from centurytel.net
Music Style: rock, country, jazz
Sound: I've been playing on and off for 45 years....classsic rock, blues, jazz, big band. I purchased this amp last week, and I love it. I think any adult player will be happy with the sound of this amp. The clean channel is great. The gain channel gives you an array of sounds, and you get to control how much bite you add. And if you need more effects, you'll save enough $ to get a couple of effects boxes. I'm really glad I bought this amp. Feature: To tell you the truth, when I tested it out, I told the salesguy that I didn't expect to be interested in this amp, because I thought it would be to "clean" and not give me enough options for variety of sounds. I immediately realized I was wrong. This amp has everything I was looking for. Ease of Use: I purchased this amp on Friday, played a gig with it Saturday, and felt comfortable that I knew what it would do, and how to make it do it. Quality: I have not always played Fender products, but I've always felt they were top quality. Value: I think this is the best value I could have found. I don't really need this much power....this is a much better amp than I would have settled for, but the low cost made it unreasonable to purchase an inferior product for the same or more dollars. Manufacturer Support: I've had several Fender products over the years. Now I have a Strat and a J-bass. I've never had to deal with technical support. But I do know there is a wealth of info online from the Fender site. For that reason, I'm giving it a 10. The Wow Factor: I like the return to the original design. I had an opportunity to pay less for the same amp in the discontinued design, but I wanted this look. I don't think many people would say it's sexy, but I like it. Overall: I do not expect to need another amp.
84 of 88 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"warranty is one of the best in the business" submitted March 9, 2012

By william c in jackson, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I rock at home,And been playing for about 13 months, ele guitar
Music Style: rock& roll/metal
Overall: I would tell anyone, to buy this amp,The sound is great,once you tweak it to your taste,i have two,But i'm here to tell about the warranty,5 yrs.wow,i did have a problem with the speakers,on one of them,called fender,and they where great,set me up with a fender dealer,in my area,and in today's world,seems everyone wants your money.But when things go wrong. mfg don't want to take responsibility, (you know.)its always your fault./ but they will fix it for a price,/////,after the technician look at ,And told me it had a pair of bad speakers in it, fender was great, said they where sorry,and sent me a new one, with (0 )money out of my pocket,Now i don't know about you,But any company that mans up,like they did,i'll keep doing business with,And i do,And by the way,The amp was 7 months old.

"half stack performance with practice amp convenience" submitted January 15, 2009

Music Style: Rock mostly, but alternative and jazz, too
Sound: Don't think about it any longer, just buy it! From Zep to Cars to Eric Johnson to America to Wishbone Ash I've been able to hit the sound I've wanted. That was in the first 5 or 10 minutes. I haven't had it out in the open so I'm not sure how it'd handle clubs and gigs really, but it seems plenty powerful and loud. I plugged-in my Les Paul, flipped the power switch and it started howling (that's a good sign in my book.) It cleans up so sweetly! I was amazed that both sounds came from the same amp; I could've been doing an accoustic set after just a stomp on the pedal and a flip of a switch. Good stuff! Feature: Footswitch works. It isn't just an "added feature" to sell the product, it's totally functional and is like icing on the cake. The instruction manual (if you actually use one) could use a little meat as it's pretty thin; but I think most of us just want to plug it in and start playing anyway, so 'nuff said. Ease of Use: Gotta go with the 9 here just because I thought the manual was a bit lame. The amp itself is intuitive enough and with a "new toy" the learning process is fun! Allowing for time spent getting carried away and playing a complete tune or two, you could spend the better part of an afternoon experimenting with this amp, especially if you're fond of multiple devices, software, and the like. Quality: Definitely high quality stuff here. Although it feels lighter than the advertised 50 lbs to me, it's sturdy and the handle feels secure as well. Don't think you'd have any problems traveling with it as long as reasonable care was taken. Wouldn't want to use it as a jack stand while changing a tire, but sitting on it has already become second nature. It arrives flawless, of course, so I guess the first dink'll be traumatic... Value: For the price I don't know of an amp that'd be a better value. I was thinking of a modeling amp or a short stack - oops, that's pancakes; I mean a half stack - but this is unobtrusive, storable, fits in a car instead of a van or truck, etc. And it rocks! (I've had folks in our living room grabbing their ears and yelling, "turn it down!" if that's any indication.) It's sturdy, loud, versatile, and mobile; what else do you need? Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed 'em yet; hear good things about 'em, tho. The Wow Factor: Hey, it's a good-looking, tho somewhat conservative, Fender amp with 100 wats and two 12s. I'm a stack guy myself so if it ain't tall, it ain't sexy. But, the effectiveness of this setup is amazing. Maybe I'll just set it on something! Don't get me wrong, tho, it is cool, it is classic; to me it's kinda retro toward old rock and blues. I can picture Clapton sitting on a stool in his jeans and t-shirt plugging his strat into this amp at some small club, if you know what I mean. Sort of an understated class that doesn't demand respect upon arrival, but earns it shortly thereafter. Overall: Outstanding quality. Big sound, little box. Versatility and poerformance without breaking the bank. I don't see myself needing to replace this anytime soon. It does seem to prefer lower volume for clean and higher volume for otherwise, but then that kinda makes sense, doesn't it? If my house burned down tomorrow I'd buy another one of these amps if only because I haven't found its limits yet and I'm curious. I'm a very satisfied customer at this point.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Perhaps the best SS amp out there." submitted August 1, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist currently but have 30 years playing experience.
Music Style: Classic rock, country, blues rock.
Sound: I'm a veteran player of 40 plus years. I could afford almost any amp out there but I'm a bit of a non-conformist by nature and have always used solid state amps (Sunn Concert Lead, Gallien Krueger 212, Carvin SX, Roland Jazz Chorus) in spite of the industry's endless spouting of "must have tubes". I like the dependability and consistency of SS. I use pedals for my distortion and effects so I've always used the amps as a basic clean or slightly edgy tone pallet. I use a good quality compressor in the front of my signal chain and have experimented extensively with pedal placement order and pretty much have it down to a science. I have always had a very good sound or at least was always complimented as such. I am no longer gigging but play in Church sometimes and open mics once in a while. Having said that, I recently tried out a new Fender Frontman 212 in a music store and was astonished. Fender may have created the best solid state amp ever, and I've tried all of them that are contenders. The unit's clean channel is beautiful and very Fender-ish. The distortion channel is the best I've ever heard on a SS amp and has a natural compressed feel to it. The best part is the amp takes pedals beautifully. The amp is very bright by nature but the EQ controls have a good range and sensitivity and you can dial in whatever you need. I'm not sure the metal crowd would be interested in the level of available drive but for country-blues-classic-hard rock, it smokes. Needless to say, I bought it. Oh, and is it loud! Even the Fender Special Design speakers are passable. I'm going to replace them with Celestions soon, but the stock speakers will get you by. A better speaker would make this unit untouchable. Feature: Came with a footswitch channel and more-drive buttons which seems well made and necessary. Has an effects loop in the front which is also necessary. I wish it had an external speaker jack. I would like to have this in a "head only" form. They used to make it but seem to have discontinued it I believe. Ease of Use: Simple. A caveman could use it. Quality: Appears to be built very well. Fit and finish are excellent. I would not hesitate to gig with it. They are cheap enough to have a couple of spares lying around. The open back cabinet is "very" open which could leave the speakers exposed to damage. With a little care they should be fine. I could see this lasting 10+ years as long as it's kept in a reasonable environment. The only problem with SS is that they use circuit boards and they are definitely not as robust as a point to point hardwired chassis but if your going to gig, you need a spare. Value: For $300, only the Carvin SX can compete with this and I like the sound of this better. Manufacturer Support: Never used them. The Wow Factor: Amps are not sexy. It looks good and sound good. The styling is like the Fender tube amps. Stop using words like sex and lust. They are cheap marketing words used to make people think with their crotches. They are insulting. Overall: I believe this will be a keeper for sometime. I have been using a Carvin SX amp lately which is very good. I like this Fender better. It is a basic tone pallete. If you can't get a decent sound from it the problem is in your hands not the gear. If it were stolen, I would replace it immediately with the same one.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great AMP if you are looking for one with no to few features. Will perform great in venues of varying sizes." submitted March 27, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: Bluues, Rock
Sound: The sound quality is great out of this. A friend of mine who is a professional has used this amp in place of his old tube amp when his amp has been in for repairs. You can not tell the difference difference between the 2. Feature: Since I was looking for an amp with nothing extra this one is perfect. Ease of Use: Nothing fancy easy to use controls that state what they are used for. Quality: This amp has been used in shows 4 to 6 times a week for the last month and it travels very easy. Since I help with setup of my friends band I like this amp better because it is lighter then his tube amp. Value: People are surprise at how little I paid for this amp. near impossible to tell the difference between this one and a $2,000 one. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet. The Wow Factor: There is nothing overly sexy about this amp. It is very simplistic but does what it is designed to do effectively. Overall: I chose this one in part because I wanted an amp with no features. Just straight amplification of the sound. This amp does that and it does it at a very affordable price.

"Solid Workhorse Amp for cheap. Just buy it!" submitted November 2, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Part Time Musician for decades, was full time for a couple years.
Music Style: Blues (mostly)
Sound: Give's you that authentic Fender sound in a reasonably priced package. Sure, it's solid state so it's not absolutely perfect but for this price point it's the best you can get and it's loud enough for anything but very big rooms and outdoor or stadium shows in my genre. For those applications, I've been miking it. Can't play it in my apartment without pissing of the neighbors but it's quiet enough for rehearsal in our basement studio without the cops showing up. I play predominantly Blues of various types, from Country Blues to Blues Rock play both a Strat and a semi-hollow electric on an a/b switch. I can go from a creamy jazz sound to a twang easily. Shortcoming that keeps it from being a "10" are the "Drive" and "More Drive" selections. "Drive" is usable to get a reasonable approximation of an overdriven tube - a little noisy and a little harsh but usable. "More Drive" is very noisy. My recommendation would be to use an outboard pedal. A definite plus is the reverb - classic Fender spring reverb, just like it's always been. Same as it is in the $1000 plus Fender models. Feature: Really an 8.5 and that's pretty good. It shouldn't deter you from buying this amp. Where it loses points are the footswitch cable and aforementioned noisy drive selections. The footswitch cable is just zipcord and, though I've had no problems with it, I'd prefer something a little more substantial. Reverb - great, "Drive" usable, "More Drive" noisy and harsh. Ease of Use: Easy to use, easy to modify sounds, etc. If you know how to operate any generic amplifier, you can operate this. It's a zero learning curve, everything is standard. Quality: Fit and finish were fine. I have an issue with the shafts on the potentiometers (dials) being made out of cheap pot metal. I had one break during load out not long after my warranty ran out. Pad the controls carefully when transporting it and you should be okay. I expected them to be as nearly indestructible as the Fender amps I've manhandled and slung around for decades and they didn't meet the gorilla abuse standard that the old Fender stuff used to. That said, they're probably still as good or better than most of the other amps on the market. Value: This amp is the best deal you'll ever find. I'm very happy with my purchase, recommend it highly and if I needed another guitar amp for my purposes, would buy a Fender Frontman 212R without even considering any other. Manufacturer Support: I fixed my own issue since it was out of warranty. I will tell you that over the years, I've dealt with customer service at Fender several times and they are exceptional in resolving problems. The Wow Factor: It's a Fender Amp. It looks like a Fender Amp. It sounds like a Fender Amp. Fender Amps are sexy. Overall: It's solid state - that's a minus for some folks but I want solid state reliability. I want to turn it on and have it work. Mine's done that for almost two years of hard duty. If it ever does wear out, I hope they're still making them so I can get another. I want my amp to make my guitars louder but still sound like themselves. This amp does it efficiently and reliably. I was looking for a solid workhorse amp at this price point and this is the best one until you get to nearly double the money. My research and testing was pretty thorough, save yourself some time and just buy this one if you need a solid workhorse amp for cheap money.
24 of 26 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best "bang" for the buck" submitted February 26, 2008

Music Style: Metal and Alternative Rock
Sound: For the price, you won't be able to find any amp with a sound as rich as the Frontman. Even with all the knobs at a "flat" setting, you will get a very well balanced "wide" sound, lots of mids and more than enough power to have your second neighbor ear you play even with the windows closed ! ;-) Feature: I bought this amp mainly for the "clean" channel to use with a multi-effect pedal, although the "drive" channel and "more drive" feature provides a nice alternative to the sound of a more enhanced distortion pedal (Fender includes a remote "two button" pedal with the cable which is very nice). The reverb is the classic analog "spring" type which I prefer from cheaper digital simulation types of other amps. The only thing I would have liked is an output jack for headsets which it doesn't have, but at least there's a good "Line out" and looping capabilities. Ease of Use: Couldn't be simpler to use. Clean channel vs Overdrive channel with bass, mid and treble controls. Quality: Again, for the price, I was very pleased with the quality of the controls: the knobs are solid and feel very smooth when you turn them. Fender even taught of providing velco straps attachment for the remote pedal and the power cord (inside the opening in the back). As for use "on the road", I would just be careful about the knobs that "hangs out" a bit or are not "recessed" enough within the cabinet enclosure to be protected: they may get accidently hit if you are not careful. Value: Unless you want to jump to the high end more expensive amps, I wouln't go "in between". I even bought a second of those amps to use "in stereo" for an overal 2 X 100W instead of payinf for a more expensive 200W less versatile amp. Manufacturer Support: I didn't have to deal with the company so far, but with a spectacular 5 year warranty, Fender must be confident that their Frontman is well made and will provide many years of quality use. The Wow Factor: Definitely, the "sex appeal" of this product is the true power and the quality of the sound if provides for the price. Fender gained my respect by introducing such a good quality product while still offering it at a very affordable price ! Overall: I intend to use this product on stage (2 of them for bigger gigs). The only reason that would lead me to search for another product is a need for more power or if there's a drop in the quality of the sound. Besides that, I expect to have these amps for the next 30 years...
36 of 39 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A great vintage looking warm tone Fender amp with class and style." submitted December 1, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: part time working musician
Music Style: old rock and blues
Sound: I have owned 2 Fender Twins and this Frontman 212R is as close to the warm tube sound on the clean channel as you can get. Has a great drive channel that has a fuzz louder sound and the more drive channel is fantastic when you want the heaver metal sound. You can get many sounds from a clean strat sound to a fat tele sound just takes some time to work all the knobs. The only thing I can say could be better is that the reverb is not as good as I would like but I am use to the fullness of a Fender twin with a long reverb tank. The amp has one about half the size and you need to turn it up past 5 to get a nice reverb going but the rest is pure great. Feature: Great footswith all the features are fantastic but the reverb is just a little weak but still sounds very good. Ease of Use: Very easy to get all sounds. This is a great ols looking Fender simple working amp. Quality: The footswitch looks heavy duty. The amp cab is heavy wood with bracing with a removable fron cloth speaker cover as the old originals had. Would make a great road amp with the 100 watts and it does have some major sound. I can only get her up to about 3 till she runs you out of the room. I think she will last many years of hard use and what the hell, 5 year warranty. This amp is a classic looking Fender with great Fender quality at a great cost, sounds fantastic..... Value: $299 what more do you want, you got value, looks, sound and a damm great amp name in FENDER. Manufacturer Support: Don't know but does have 5 more years to go.. The Wow Factor: This baby looks just like my heavy Twins, great looking vintage hardware, tolex with the 60s style cloth and Fender logo. 60s looking faceplate and so on. Does not get better for the cost.. Overall: I look forward to using the amp at clubs for many many years to come with my old vintage strat as they go togeather like ham and eggs. If I ever lost her I would buy another without a second thought..

"Would YOU consider a "Date" with this amp?" submitted April 28, 2010

Musical Background: Retired Pro
Music Style: My musical style is influenced by every song I have ever heard...still, my style is pretty unique.
Sound: I owned this amp for three months. Unfortunately, when I was cash shy, someone offered me the same $$ I purchased it for new, so out the door it went. I am planning on purchasing another one. The amp sound is very similar to many import tube amps, has great reliability (won't let you down on the job), and I believe if I switch out the speakers for Jensen 50 watters' with ceramic magnets...the sound produced will match my tube amps that have Jensen ceramics installed. Feature: Would like to see Fender Trem added. Ease of Use: Even a Grease Monkey could get great sounds from this amp. Quality: I'd pay 100.00 more for the amp if they upgraded to a solid pine cabinet. Value: There are amps that cost twice as much as this one that will amplify your sound, but most of them produce Tones reminisent of screaming Banshee's (fighting a heavy nicotine habit). (A Big exception to this rule, is the VOX Pathfinder 15R...which is an incredible bargain...especially if you push the sound through a 1-12 or 2-12 cabinet.) Manufacturer Support: I rate @ 10 for support, because support has never been required on any Fender Product...so I guess quality control is an 11. The Wow Factor: I do not need to consider sex appeal. The amp looks like an amp, and does not need to look like a woman I might consider dating. However, I would take this amp on a Gigging "Date." Overall: Five Years.

"I like it! I may have to get another." submitted November 23, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: played for 8 years, played in a few bands locally. I play the guitar, drums, flute, bass and I do vocals.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Metal
Sound: For solid state, it doesn't get any better. The sound is very smooth and the drive channels are actually decent on tone. My other favorite amplifier is my vintage Yamaha G50 (few people may know how nice those sound) and this competes quite well. Lots of headroom and it gets extremely loud. I may put Celestion Vintage 30's in it just to make it a little more creamy on tone, but that's all. Feature: Many people are complaining about not having on-board effects. I don't personally see this as a problem. My effects (O. Drive, phaser, chorus, etc.) are on my board so that's what I use anyway. The included footswitch was great, although it may have been a nice feature for the footswitch to kick the reverb in and out too. Ease of Use: No joke. If you can't figure this thing out, you fail. Quality: I like that it's sturdy, yet not as heavy as most amplifiers it's size. The pots feel strong and all of the jacks feel nice and tight. It's built well and it looks fantastic. My friends have seen and heard this amp, and two of them are selling their amps to get one of these. Value: Hands down, an absolutely amazing value. It really doesn't get any better than this. 100 watts of power, great sound and the old-school blackface look that only a Fender can provide for $300? I may have to get two of these. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them, however my band's rhythm guitarist uses a Fender Custom Vibrolux, and he says the support that he got last time he had an issue was superb. Overall: I'm really glad I bought this amp. Another great addition to my arsenal. By looking at it, I expect to have this for many years. I always take care of my equipment the best I can, and most of my stuff from 8 years ago still looks new. I can see about 30+ years of use from this Fender. If it were lost or stolen, I would get another, no questions asked.

"Loud, Clean sound at a great price" submitted November 1, 2011

Overall
Music Style: rockabilly, bluegrass, blues, acoustic
Sound: The sound is incredible coming out of this amp! Nice loud boom to it and doesn't fuzz up on me. Sounds great playing acoustic or with other instruments Feature: The duel channels allow me to tune one for my electric "rock" sound and I use the clean channel to hook up my accoustic. Great duality, and both sound great. I can't believe I can play both through one amp. Ease of Use: I'm playing rock through one channel and accoustic through another and it only took me minutes to set both inputs up for this. I couldn't believe how fast it tuned in. Quality: I haven't had it long at this point, but the construction is nice and sturdy. I don't forsee any accident's, but they wouldn't be accidents if you knew about them, right? Value: This is the best amp I've seen at this price, it could easily cost way more than what fender is asking. Great amp, great price The Wow Factor: Fender amps always look good on the stage in my opinion. Great looking amps Overall: ease of use, loud, clean sounds, tuned right in where I wanted it.... What else could a guy ask for?

"Well worth the price." submitted November 18, 2012

By Tom Patrick in Graham, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 40 + years playing , My main Instrument is Bass guitar, I also play Guitar and Keyboards, I play Simi-proffesional on the weeken
Music Style: classic rock, blues , country
Overall: I just received my Frontman 212 a couple of days ago and I will have to say that its a great little amp. I also have a Deluxe 90 with a 12 inch in it and wanted one with 2 12's to have that Fender Twin look. I belive this amp will work for my application , First off im a Bass player and don't get to play guitar much other than around the house. I read all the reviews on several different online suppliers and a lot of the reviews said that they run the amp at about 2 on the volume and that it will blast you out of the room .....I dont see this , while its very loud I found this statement to be a little exaggerated. overall this amp will fill anyone's needs...I cant say much about the distortion channel I use stomp boxes for that , but the clean channel is just that CLEAN.... And naturally the very next week after I bought mine they took a price drop. That's always been my luck LOL........I have bought several Items using the Pay as You Play plan and I will continue to shop at zZounds because of this and the shipping is fast and prompt.

"Buy it and enjoy." submitted December 7, 2011

By a customer from frontier.com
Musical Background: 30+ years
Music Style: rock and blues
Sound: I am still playing with multiple settings but I like the strength and variability. Feature: More power than I have used previously. I use it for personal use only in my studio and I love the sound! Ease of Use: Simple to very complex. Depends on the usage. I like the variability of settings. Quality: Super amp for small to medium gigs. It's a Fender damn it. Technology is superb. Value: Crisp to mellow take your pick. Distortion is superb although I won't us it. Manufacturer Support: No The Wow Factor: It's a Fender damnit! Not much more to say. Overall: It's mine and I will keep it safe beyond any chance of loss. It is too valuable to consider replacing. Kind of like my 1974 Martin D-28!

"Searches for Twin "substitute", finds complement. (The spelling is correct and intended)." submitted November 8, 2011

Musical Background: former professional
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Rock, Classical
Sound: I ordered the FM212R after spending a weekend playing with an old friend a flight distance away (keyboard player--easier for me to schlepp a guitar and play through a rented amp [FM210R] than for him to ship a 6 foot grand, Hammond B3 and Leslie to my place). I liked the FM210R so much I looked into buying one, only to find that it is out of production. So I looked at the current offerings and ordered the FM212R on the strength of my FM210R experience. Not disappointed at all. I like its tone (for a transistor amp--I expect it to be different, but its mellow jazz sound works for me, with just a little brightness "edge"), power, and portability (weighs less than half of my seventies silver-face Twin Reverb), on its own, but the cool thing is the smoking blend I get when running its "PRE-OUT" into my Twin (using the Twin's sweeter reverb). Now, if I want to go play a gig, I'm going to want to take BOTH the Twin _and_ the FrontMan, so I haven't bought myself an easier schlepp, but definitely a lovely overall sound! Craig Starr M.M. N.E. Conservatory of Music, 1981 (Pi Kappa Lambda) Feature: Very glad to see Preamp out and in, wish older Fenders had this. Channel-switch stomp-box is heavy enough to handle _most_ of the "lead-foots" among us. Only wish the reverb were on a par with the "old" Fenders (like my Twin), its very hard to compete with an old Twin or an original Fender ("Hammond") Reverb Unit. Ease of Use: No need for further comment. It fills my "needs." Manual is pretty sparse, but I've been around gear like this for over 40 years, so I didn't really need it. Quality: I'd take this amp on the road with a good solid road/flight case. For local work, a simple cover would suffice. I think it should hold up well under pro. and semi-pro. use. Value: Yes. I did find it for $50.00 less elsewhere, but that's the luck of the draw (or web search, these days). Manufacturer Support: No issues thus far. Frankly I don't anticipate any that can't be solved by contacting other players. The Wow Factor: I bought it as a convenient "substitute" for my Twin, for gigs where I didn't want to bother with heavy schlepp. But I've found that I'd rather have both of them, as the sound blend is most excellent, IMHO.

"Fender Frontman 212R Combo Amp" submitted November 17, 2013

By Chuck S in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: 30+ Years Experience. Guitarist&Volcals. Weekend Warrior
Music Style: Classic Country/Southern Rock/Classic Rock THE NEW STUFF SUX!!!
Overall: I was always having to turn my other amps to "blast" to keep up with other.Now I keep up great, and only on "2". Tones are great. Price was great.The pay as you play program is nice. Who wants to be out a bunch of cash,when you can spread out the payments. This was my first purchase fromzZound, and all is well.

"Big sound for a few bucks." submitted January 6, 2012

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Playing for 3 years, church and home
Music Style: blues, r&b, jazz and gospel
Sound: This amp is very clean for a solid state amp. It has plenty of power and sounds great at any volume level. Feature: The most useful feature is clean, clear power. I play mostly jazz, r&b, blues and gospel. This amp is perfect for that. Ease of Use: It was very easy to use. Just took it out of the box, adjusted the levels, pluged it in and started playing. Quality: This amp is well made and of course it is a fender. Value: This is the best value for the buck. The Wow Factor: This amp looks good and sounds great. Overall: I will have this amp for a long time. If I lost it or if it was stolen I would buy another one.

"Get a Fender Frontman 212R; you'll never be sorry!!!!" submitted November 29, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: all my life, uke, guitar, piano, gigs at retirement homes and parties
Music Style: rock, country, blues
Sound: The Fender Frontman 212R is a great amp. For the price, it's a steal! This is my second one. I owned this one and a Marshall half stack (with four 12-inch speakers), and really loved using both. When I moved to Dallas from Hawaii, because of the cost of shipping, keeping in mind that I would purchase both again eventually. I decided on getting the Frontman first because it was more bang for the buck; I can get the other amp later. I teach Hawaiian ukulele here in Dallas, and my Frontman comes in really handy for the venue where I teach. It's just enough reverb to give my uke the more mellower sound that I need! Even thinking of getting another for the uke combo I'm trying to put together. The Frontman 212R also comes in handy with my mics, as well as, my guitar. I knew I'd be happy with my purchase; no regrets here!!! Feature: I actually use the second input with my uke whenever I was a more biting sound. Ease of Use: The Frontman is easy to use and provides all the sounds I need for what I want to do. Quality: It's durable and looks beautiful too! Value: At $299, the Frontman's a steal!! Manufacturer Support: I've dealt with the company before and they really provide all the support you need. The Wow Factor: I love the sound!

"Best 100 Watt 212 for the Money!" submitted January 5, 2012

Musical Background: 30+ years playing
Sound: It sounds great. It does have a unique tone though. It isn't a typical tube amp kind of sound. So, if you are after that sound you'll have to buy that type of amp. I would compare the distorted tone to early Pearl Jam or even the old school tone of say... Deep Purple. This is with the gain on 5 and the treble turned way down to around 1 or 2. The amp is way too bright on the distorted channel for my taste, but can easily be adjusted using the treble knob to achieve a nice tone. I was after a more unique type of tone, so this amp is perfect for me. Feature: It's seems to be built well, sounds good, has exactly what's needed and nothing else. It is also extremely loud if need be. Ease of Use: Doesn't get much easier. Plug in, dial in tone, and play. Quality: Seems to be a very solidly built amp. Nothing cheap looking or feeling about it. Value: $299 for a 100 watt 212? Best value out there. The Wow Factor: I really like the classic Fender look and feel of this amp. Overall: Again, this amp may not be for everyone. It doesn't offer a newer high gain tube sound that you would get from a much higher priced amp. If that is what you are after you'll have to spend 3x as much to get it. With that said, this is a great amp if you are searching for a simpler, more classic yet unique tone. This amp would fit in with a Foo Fighters type of sound very well for example. Great value and I would buy it again.

"Billion Dollar Baby" submitted November 2, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Professional Guitarist.
Music Style: Classic rock, some country, oldies.
Sound: Extremely tight clean sound, and distorts as well as the Marshall's I've owned. For the money, best buy out there! Feature: Two stages of distortion makes a foot pedal obsolete. Ease of Use: I loved everything about my first Frontman 212r. When I lost it in a fire, I bought another. That's saying something! Quality: Very well made. I have worked as an electronics bench tech, and this amp is well built and seems bulletproof. Value: This is the best deal on the market. I can't say enough about it's value. Manufacturer Support: Never needed support. After all, it's a Fender. The Wow Factor: Sexy and appealing visually Overall: I will buy another 212r to run stereo on stage, and in the studio.

"A little knob turning will do" submitted June 8, 2011

By a customer from BELLSOUTH.NET
Musical Background: Exactive musician now hobbyist
Music Style: Blues, reggae,jazz, some country
Sound: You have to tweak the sound on both channels but after taking some time with this thing I got some suprising sounds out of this amp. The reverb is terrible and unusable! Hook up a Holy Grail and this is a different beast. I found that turning the treble to 0 and setting the mids/ bass to 10 on both channels was the ticket might sound weird to some folks but try it with this amp and you will be amazed. I didn't like this item at first but after finding the right tone settings and especially hearing it with the Holy Grail reverb pedal I will definately be keeping this amp. Feature: As stated before the reverb needs love. The foot switch works great. You will be suprized with the distortion if you set the tone right even for a solid state amp. Ease of Use: With the treble on this amp sounds brittle and cheap. The bass has to be on 10 or you get no bottom end at all and the mids go from nothing to you having to turn them to 10. Quality: Amp feels sturdy, controls seem sturdy. rember 100 solid state watts are different than tube watts. On the clean channel volume from 7-10 is no different. Would not use this for the road maybe practice or home use. Value: This is where this amp shines! You can get some great sounds from this amp with some effort and would serve alot of different purposes for the money it is a great deal. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had issues w/ this amp but sent back 3 hot rod deluxes and had nom issues w/ support. The Wow Factor: Good peice of gear looks like a regular blackface Fender amp Overall: This amp will definately work until I can upgrade then I will maybe trade it in or give as a gift.

"Great Amp!" submitted October 23, 2011

Musical Background: 25+ years experience
Music Style: country rock,classic rock
Sound: Very nice sounding amp. Owned tube amps for years and this is very close in sound. Just a nice amp... Feature: came with foot switch, witch is some thing all amps should come with instead of making more money off of you for an item that's needed for the amp. Kind of like selling a tube amp without the tubes. Nice features all in all. Ease of Use: easy to dial in a great sound whether clean or distortion. Quality: very well built Value: great value for an amp you can gig with and that sounds super... Manufacturer Support: have not had to use them.

"Fender has done it again!!" submitted May 17, 2012

By Indy R
Overall
Musical Background: electric & acoustic guitar, drums, piano, bass guitar.
Music Style: rock, country, blues, jazz
Overall: I bought this amp at in January 2012 and it's great!! I gigged with it my jazz concert and absolutely no problems! 100 watts is a lot so, you're getting a lot of power! Before I got it, I was looking at a Marshall 2x12 for around 500$$. Then I saw this. My first thought was, "Jeezz must be something wrong with this amp. Why is it so cheap?" So, I researched a lot and found no problems! I bought it a love it! Great for jazz, rock and roll, blues...you name it! The only con is this: distortion is good for rock and stuff but once you crank the drive up to like 10 for heavy metal stuff, that's when you might want to buy a boss distortion pedal. Being that I have 3 fender amps, I know how they should sound!

"Excellent" submitted September 30, 2013

By MARCELO MOREIRA in MIAMI, FL
Overall
Musical Background: ELECTRIC AND ACOUSTIC GUITARS, BASS GUITARS AND DRUMS. I STARTED 10 YEARS AGO
Music Style: ROCK, BLUES, JAZZ AND POP MUSIC, ALTERNATIVE AND HEAVY METAL.
Overall: Fender Frontman 212 is a excellent amp with a great Drive. I loved it since the first minute playing with it. It allows you to play light and heavy riffs, with or without distortions and drives because it sounds very good. It serves to every kind of musical tastes. I was hoping a good amp, but now I see that it is a awesome amp. Low price and great quality.

"GREAT AMP w/ ALL YOU NEED - Service from ZZounds was also top notch" submitted March 7, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: "Active Musician-Recording Engineer"
Music Style: Mostly Rock
Sound: I was blown away..... this is solid state ...... you really can't tell.... they did this one right. Fender has been though, haven't they. I play in a band, and use it for practice,and I've found it to be a class act piece of equipment. Feature: I has a plethora of options. So many features - very versatile . Ease of Use: It's as simple as they come to use, and get that professional musician sound. I'm quite sure a beginner could get great sounds from it.....Just turn it on, and turn it up, and you're there. Great Fender sound ! Quality: It's a what you see is what you get..... you want and expect fender quality, and they deliver very well with this one ! Value: Yes, absolutely Manufacturer Support: Have not needed any service, which should speak for itself The Wow Factor: Its got that great old skool fender twin look and feel Overall: I have bought,sold, traded many amps over the years...... this one stays

"Nice Amp!" submitted December 28, 2010

By a customer from aim.com
Music Style: rock, alternative
Sound: First of all, the clean channel is great, especially for a solid state amp. If you are short on cash and need a good amp for 50s and 60s clean stuff, get this. Also, the overdrive is good too. It is great for blues and classic rock stuff. The more drive is great for leads, and makes them sing in my opinion. However,it is fuzzy for rhythm stuff, so I use a Digitech Hardwire metal distortion for rhythm. Overall, it is a great amp for the money. Feature: No effects, but it is basic and great sounding. Clean, Drive, More Drive. With the proper pedals, you can get almost any sound with tweaking. The mid contour is nice, however when it is pushed in, it sings for leads, but buzzes for rhythm. Ease of Use: Easy. Clean, drive, more drive. With volume, drive, treble, bass, mid controls, it couldn't be easier. Quality: Haven't contacted them. Seems to be made well. Value: Great sound for the money. Manufacturer Support: Haven't contacted Fender. The Wow Factor: Great if you're looking for a blackface look-a-like. Not cool looking for metal, but is very close cosmetically, and not too far behind sonically to a Blackface or Twin Reverb. Overall: Good amp, and great clean tone for the money.

"Changed the way I think about playing guitar:D" submitted January 31, 2011

Music Style: Alternative
Sound: I played this amp for about 2 hours. It is one of the best(if not the best) decently priced amp, standing up to vox's and marshalls. The tones range from crispy-clean to crunchy, and that foot peddal is awesome...makes me wanna buy it even more. Feature: Top-grade parts, great foot peddal...nothing else to say. Ease of Use: You can get from Gn'R tweed to ACDC drive sound with just a stomp of the foot peddal. Quality: Built like a tank...and the weight is 'bout the same...30 or so pounds. Value: extraordinary bang for the buck amp...filled my high-school's grand hall with pure rock tones with only one amp, can't beat that:D Manufacturer Support: I own a Fender amp myself, and they're so reliable you don't need their help:D The Wow Factor: It looks just as awesome as Marshall, Vox, Orange amps, at a fraction of the cost...the Blackface look is unbeatable. Overall: Great amp...it's all I can say.

"FENDEER DID ALRIGHT" submitted April 28, 2010

Music Style: Alternative, Metal, Heavy Stuff, Nu Jazz
Sound: Overall the sound is good. The clean channel is spectacular with crisp clear notes. The reverb is alright but gets metalic-sounding past 6. The distortion channel is somewhat of a letdown. It can somewhat accomplish classic rock. This is NOT by any means a metal amp! The "more drive" button gets very buzzy, even with high output pickups. The sound improves slightly with a distortion pedal. Not bad sound for a solid state amp it but can't compare with tube. Feature: The features are good and built well on this amp. It is on the lighter side and the carrying handle is comfortable. The velcro in the back comes in handy when storing cables. However, the amp lacks effects that some other fender models have... i guess thats what pedals are for though. Ease of Use: Very easy amp to use. I figured it out the first day that I had it. The volume on the clean channel does jump a great deal though. I find it quite hard to get a perfect practice volume sometimes . Quality: This amp is solid as a rock. I have taken it to multiple shows and it has held up just fine. There are no rips in the lining... yet. Everything is built to a high standard. I have had no problems ... yet Value: This product has a strong value. It is a great beginner amp and it is competitively priced amongst other brands. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with the company... yet so I just randomly gave support an 8. The Wow Factor: This product looks good cosmetically. I has a "bigger-than-it-really-is" look to it. Overall: I have owned it for two years now, and lately I have been geting tired of the not-so-good distortion quality. I am thinking about trading up and paying a little more for a tube amp next christmas. It is a good beginner amp though... for the money

"Attractive, inexpensive with a big impression. Ity looks expensive and impressive." submitted December 28, 2010

Music Style: Latin Pop/Rock
Sound: Has a real good sound for the money. Inexpensive and impressive to look at. The addition of effect pedals make it shine. Overall, I am pleased with the product. Ease of Use: Very user friendly. Quality: It's a Fender! That alone carries clout. Value: After pricing the local shops, you guys have it going on. Several stores informed me that they call you to price your stuff and then beat the deal. Where you guys rock, is you pay what you see and nothing more. Manufacturer Support: I have NEVER had any trouble with support from ZZounds. That's why I continue to get the majority of my gear from there. Thanks guys. The Wow Factor: It's a Fender!

"I owned one of the first solid state versions of this amp" submitted July 17, 2012

By Jason Jones in Depoe Bay, OR
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 15 years.
Music Style: Rock, Latin Jazz, Nu Metal, Jam, Fusion
Overall: My name is Jason West Jones, and the 212R is the only concert sized amp I have ever used. My first one was the early solid state designs, and that design has come along way, with the newer ones having a much warmer tone, also the overdrive button now coming stock, bringing a "our amps go to 11" sort of thing is just awesome. Way to go Fender!, always taking that bar up. That is why i love you.

"lots of potential with this amp" submitted July 28, 2013

By David Brown in Port Washington, WI
Overall
Musical Background: I've played brass, percussian,bass and know, 6 string guitar
Music Style: I grew up on Rock and that will always be my favorite genre, but a good blues band, especially Texas style blues is also great.
Overall: Did not like this amp too much after purchase, clean channel is fine, gain and more gain channels are not good. Reverb is terrible. Overall sound is thin, lacking any depth. THEN, I started to investigate this amp on some Fender blogs and found a gentleman in Nevada who mods amps. He helped me with the mods on the tone stack, and when finished- I had a different amp. Clean channel was now as good as any Fender amp, and the gain channel is great, not tube great, but for a SS amp, not bad. I then changed the reverb tank to a proper Accutronics tank, and man, there was that vintage Fender spring reverb(I also modded the reverb section for more volume). Finally, I switched out the speakers for some GWS speakers, re-wired the speaker section from PCB to speakers with some good 12 gauge oxygen free copper wire shielded in a Teflon dialectric and the end result is a gorgeous sounding amp that is so detailed that it tells me when I get sloppy in my playing. I know this sounds like a lot of work on a inexpensive amp, and it is, but that is half the fun, and you get the satisfaction of doing the work yourself! BTW, I also added a upper back panel which I wrapped in that red tolex, so I could run a speaker cable from the amp section to a jack in that panel. I did this so I could also run my Laney Lionheart through the Frontman cab.

"Nice Crisp Amp For The Price." submitted June 7, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Electronic, Metal, Dubstep
Sound: Very nice amp for the price. This amp has a very nice clean tone. So if your looking for a clean tone to run your pedal board or multifx pedal, this is a nice amp to have. I'm using this for practice and I also own a Marshall. I would deffinitely recommend this amp to anyone looking for a loud, crisp amp on a budget. Get it!

"frontman 212r" submitted October 17, 2013

By tim moss in Kyle, TX
Overall
Overall: O.K. I have a Twin Reverb that I'm comparing this to and also a Crate 120 Watt amp.It doesn't even come close to the twin reverb in sound quality, strength, and depth. I know that isn't fair since the Twin costs so much more. The Crate has some good sound too, but on acoustic I think the frontman can be adjusted to sound better. It seems to me on the Frontman you have to make too many adjustments to get the sound you want, then when you switch guitars, there you are adjusting again to get your sound back. Don't have this problem on my other tube amps. Case looks nice, it is lightweight for carrying around compared to the very heavy Twin Reverb. Go to your local music store and try it for yourself to see what you think, then walk over to the other amps and compare, even try the Twin Reverb. Zzonds makes it easy to buy any amp you want with no interest payments.

"Great Amp - Rubbish Speakers... Be prepared to UPGRADE!" submitted June 3, 2010

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Musical Background: Performing Muscian
Music Style: UK Classic Punk Covers
Sound: Clean channel - Yeah, it's OK... But I don't much use it. Having said that, compared to a budget solid state Marshal, this is tons better. A great sounding amp - particularly for classic punk (use it with p90s or Gordon Smith pups)and you'll be very pleased with the results... It is a little lacking in the bottom end, you'll need to roll off the treble a bit (or end up with pierced eardrums) but with a little experimentation a great sound can be achieved Feature: Footswitch is useful... Would have been nice to have had the reverb on the footswitch as well, but hey - this is a stripped down, no nonesense budget amp! So be GRATEFUL!!! Ease of Use: Not rocket science, is it? The mid scoop is nice - giving a huge variation in sound Quality: This is where the amp lets itself down... Well, not really the amp as such, but the speakers... Let's be totally honest here - the stock speakers are absolute rubbish. Cheaply built 50 watt drivers - and that's where the problem lies... 2 x 50w cheap drivers in a 100w amp - there's no headroom. They blow. Yes - they really do! I had only used this amp four times (in a rehearsal room, and a volume level 5) when both speakers gave up. It was returned to the dealer, who replaced it... 3 months later the speakers blew again... I could have returned it to Fender for (yet) another replacement, but opted to swap out the stock (rubbish) speakers and fit two JENSEN C12K 100w units. MUCH, MUCH BETTER!!! Now 100w amp has some proper headroom, and can perform properly without fear of blowing the speakers! Come on, Fender... 2 x 50w cheap speakers in a 100w amp???? Get a grip! Value: Great value amp... Allow for upgrading the speaker... It evens out to a reasonable 5/10 Manufacturer Support: I reported the speaker problems to Fender (and explained that I had fitted some decent speakers) and Fender said, "..WE ARE AWARE OF SPEAKER PROBLEMS WITH THIS MODEL... WE HAVE NOTICED THIS ON SEVERAL RETURNED AMPLIFIERS.." Fender very kindly sent me a couple of sets of strings, to help towards the 120GBP cost of fitting new (decent and properly powered) speakers! OK.... Right.... The Wow Factor: It looks the part... Overall: Great sounding amp. Reasonable value (but remember to factor in decent speakers), looks good... ...and any problems you may get a couple of sets of free strings!

"Great Solid State Amp" submitted December 29, 2013

By Joe Carcaramo in Woodstock, NY
Musical Background: Advanced Player
Music Style: Blues and Rock
Overall: Awesome Amp, great Value and Sounds Amazing. This amp is easy to use, has great tone and an excellent Reverb. I have owned many Vintage tube Amps, and this Amp Ranks right up there with tone, and you do not get any tube noise because it is a Solid State Amp. I still play all types of amps, but the Fender Frontman 212R is one of my favorites.

"fender frontman 212r " submitted February 15, 2013

By Jesse D in Robards , KY
Overall
Music Style: rock metal punk country blues
Overall: I just got this amp and it seems ok. looks and feels quality made. clean channel sounds amazing, the drive is ok at best depending on what you play. that being said, if you play any type of metal/rock at all then odds are you already have a distortion pedal and that's all this amp need to sound however you want.

"Satiafied!" submitted July 1, 2012

By Rev. George Hewitt in Lowry City, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Amature, but have been playing since '61' guitar some keyboard.
Music Style: All kinds of music, but mainly R&R, R&B, and Bluegrass
Overall: My pro; this amp is all they said it would be, and more! My only con; volume control is very touchy, goes from quiet to loud very quick. If that is what you are looking for then this is definately your amp! I have no substantial complaints, it ROCKS!

"Very Happy" submitted February 11, 2012

By charles randall in Conway, AR
Musical Background: Semi-Pro musician 28 years
Music Style: Classic Rock,Blues,Hard Rock,R&B,Country and Origional music
Overall: Not much to say , for the money you cant go wrong with this amp. The more drive is a little too noisy but otherwise the amp is just a good solid amp with plenty of power.

"fender 212R 100 wat" submitted January 22, 2013

By Randall Foskey in Ocean View, DE
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for atotal of 50 years.Played Guitar professionally. Also steel guitar
Music Style: Country
Overall: This amp kicks it in the butt!! I have a 1973 silverface twin reverb and this amp sounds just as good as the tube twin!! Love it!!

"Frontman 212R Amp" submitted November 4, 2012

By Richard A in Athens, OH
Musical Background: I have played over fifty years, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards
Music Style: Christian, Oldies
Overall: I love my Frontman amp. It has all the power I need wheather I am practicing or playing it has the drive I was looking for. The only down side is it's weight. I highly recommend this unit.

"fender frontman 212r amp" submitted November 29, 2012

By larry conley in vinton, VA
Musical Background: 52 yrs
Music Style: christian country
Overall: best amp this makes 3 fender amps i,ve had my first was i was in my 20/s and now im in my 60/s

"frontman 212 is a great buy." submitted November 18, 2012

By Dennis Verville in KALAMAZOO, MI
Musical Background: BASS,GUITAR
Music Style: BLUES,JAZZ,OLD COUNTRY,CLASSIC ROCK.
Overall: I'm very satisfy with my purchase,great buy.

"The Absolute Best Fender ,for the Tender!! Denaro,Bucks,greenbacks,Dollars..you know what I mean for Frontman 212R Combo.and als" submitted March 1, 2010

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: active Musician
Music Style: Blues Classic Rock,Folk Ballad& Country
Sound: With a few more effects, from a good box,I would play through it anywhere.. Feature: the overdrive,and reverb..It included a footswith,for like 3 channels.a tube simulator of sort Ease of Use: good,good,good,good,goooood o.k. Quality: yes good,great,none really reliable.yes you can depend on it,yes on the road,for many years, if taken care of!!and just like Forrest Gump..and thats all I have to say about that...... Value: Well and above worth the money Manufacturer Support: Yes everything is good The Wow Factor: Sexy I own it and alot more fender stuff..goodnight Overall: I just like having many amps ,and Guitars

"not bad for the money." submitted April 6, 2012

By thomas t in sublette, IL
Overall
Musical Background: play guitar every day for 31 yrs.
Music Style: rock, rock n roll. blues. metal, country. thrash.
Overall: ok. first off, this amp aint what i thought it be. i also own the 25 r and the 25 has great sound and i thought the 212 would really be nice' well i bought the 212 r 2weeks ago and it sounds nothing like the small 25r i wish it did. so if you own the smaller 25 and want to upgrade to the 212 you wont be too happy. it sounds totaly differnt. i read all the reveiws before buying and was impressed by what i heard. i dont no who left these reveiews but there not accurate. i have been play guitar every day for the last 31 yrs and i have heard them all. good and bad. so heres the real run down on the 212 r. if you dont have much money to spend on a amp and you need the power for a band this amp will work. but you will spend a lot of time tring to tweak it out trying to get the sound you want and never quite get it. clean side or distortion. you can get it to sound fairly decent. i play many styles and tweaked it for all types of music. the clean is fair but has too much bass even with the bass all the way down. the clean channel i will rate 3 stars. the overdrive channel is the best pretty decent. its got that good 80s metal/hard rock ac/dc preist sound not too bad. but dont turn up past 4 or you loose the soond goes mudy. the more drive channel sound good for metalica and that style of playing but has a bit of stadic noise. i dont mean normal feedback i mean noise. if you try and tweak out the noise by the time you get it out , you lost the sound. and even if you turn your volume off on your guitar. its still has that static sound. you got to use the foot switch and go to the other channel to make it stop. like when you end a song or strart one up , you dont want to be on the more drive channel to much noise. the reverb is the worst reverb that i have ever heard. trust me sounds bad, if you use it only go to 2. . the good thing about this amp is has power and is loud. no trouble there . has 1 pretty good distortin channel. if you put some good stomp boxes on it you can probably get what your looking for. and the price is good. everyone that gave it 5 stars .im thinking are young players. its a ok sounding amp. but not a great sounding amp. you should try one out before buying.

"Good" submitted August 21, 2012

By Leo Guerrero in San diego, CA
Musical Background: Drums
Music Style: Christian
Overall: This product is good

"Can't get better than this" submitted April 20, 2011

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Music Style: Metal
Sound: This is A great Amp for metal music! The quality I would compare to being at a live concert, it screams perfectly even note i get right or wrong which helps me make changes when needed! There is nothing that could sound as good without having to pay over $1,000 or more for it! Feature: It came with a disturtion pedel which know I couldn't live without! Ease of Use: plug it in and play........... Quality: very well made Value: Best price on and off line! Manufacturer Support: No but they have been around for many many years The Wow Factor: Female Overall: for a long time

"This Amp Is A Steal!!!!!" submitted March 28, 2008

Overall
Sound: The tone this amp has you'd expect from amps costing hundreds of dollars more. The tone is priceless. The clean is CLEAN from sparkley glassy clean to chimey clean to thicker clean but bottom line is it stays clean no matter what. The reverb is great and I have heard uglier reverbs from amps costing way way more. The gain channel is amazing this amp gets down and dirty with the best of them. Oh yeah this amp is loud very loud. The sound this amp has at this price is a complete steal. This is a very good amp that has tone you'd expext from amps costing much more. Feature: It comes with a footswitch and power chord Fender even put velcro strap holders on the inside of the amp so you can strap them down when moving the amp. It has everything you need awesome clean, great reverb, driving gain, and a more drive feature which is a lead boost! Fender didn't leave anything out. For $329 this amp is a must. This is not a beginers amp but an amp everyone could use. Ease of Use: Plug and go it can't get easier than that! Quality: This amp is built solid. If I could've rated it higher than a 10 I would have. For just $329 the quality is top grade. This amp is the biggest bang for the buck. Value: This amp is the best vaklue you could EVER find in a 2x12 100 watt amp. I don't think you could find a better amp at this price point. Seriously the greatest value out there. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them but I'll just assume it's a 10. The Wow Factor: This amp is a beauty. The Fender blackface looks is drop dead gorgeous! Overall: For $329 it has everything a guitar player could want I do mean everything. The tone is unbelievable, the looks are amazing, and at this price how can you go wrong? Forget modeling amps get this amp.
68 of 69 people (98.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Fender Frontman 212R Amp Customer Review submitted May 21, 2011

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Funk, Soul
Sound: I purchased this amp because of good experiences with my bandmates frontman. I had been playing on a boat anchor of a solid state 100w amp. This amp is far superior to anything in its price range. it can carry sound well and is very responsive under its own overdrive channels. It can run preamp out through a soundboard without losing any clarity. The built in overdrive has a better sound than any distortion pedal I have used. The amp works well with my acoustic modeler and chorus pedals. It does lose a bit of power when running through a metal crunch effect, but as stated, the dirty channels more than make up for that. Even playing live at medium venues, I have barely raised the volume on either channel above 4. I commonly play a Schecter Hellraiser and Schecter C-1 through this amp. My lead guitarist plays an Ibanez RGA through his. it works great with all the pickup configurations I have seen. Between clean and dirty channels, it is a great amp for blues/Rock. Feature: The amplifier includes its own switch pedal for clean/dirty/more dirty channels. The preamp out port is also quite useful in a live setting. I do wich it had its own built in chorus effect, but a small pedal easily takes care of that problem. Ease of Use: It is quite easy to get a great sound through this amp. It took me about 3 minutes to get it dialed in to the sounds I normally use.

"The best value at a jaw dropping price!" submitted May 26, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Blues, Funk, Soul
Sound: This amplifier carries a wonderful sound. On the clean channel, every note is bright with excellent sustain. The overdrive channels remove the need for any additional distortion effects. The sound of the overdrive is comparable to the high end BOSS distortion and Overdrive pedals. This amp definately packs a punch on its own, and also sounds great through a soundboard using the preamp out port. It is excellent for small to medium venues. I play Schecter guitars through it and it brings out so much in their tone, whether EMG active pickups or Seymore Duncans. Feature: The footswitch included makes life easy. No additional cords or power sources needed. Aside from my personal effects setup, the only additional thing I use is an amp stand. This Amp has everything needed to plug in and start pounding out riffs. Value: The price of this amp is unbelievably low compared to the quality of product. I shopped around and found amps that were far lower quality for a higher price. The Wow Factor: This is a great looking amp. Very vintage look yet with modern convenience. Overall: I think it will take me a while to find a better rig for my playing. There are great amplifiers out there, but this one suits my needs well.

"fender frontman 212R" submitted October 27, 2013

By curtis a in CHAPIN, SC
Musical Background: 30+ years
Music Style: country
Overall: First one I ordered would not work when I got it. I returned it and got another one. I have tried to play it at 2 gigs. It sucks. I dont how this things get such all these good reviews. Powerfull no way. It cant handle my 52 tele and boss gt8. The same patches sound so sweet in my hot rod deluxe. My Hot Rod Deluxe will chew this thing up and spit it out. THERE IS NO COMPARISION. iF YOU WANT TONE AND POWER BUY A HOT ROD DELUXE. vERY DISSATIFIED I think I will return it.

"70's Rocker - Great Amp" submitted November 7, 2013

By David H in Fulton, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Amature. Have been playing for 40 years.
Music Style: Rock, blues, folk
Overall: It is a great amp. Straight forward ease of controls. Volume control jumps from low to high pretty quick but volume control on guitar can compensate. Good looks and loud enough to drive away the wife and dog. Good tone. I like solid state because of ease of maintenance. More amplifier than I need but like guitars, you can never have too many amps or guitars.

"Great for the 70's rocker in you." submitted October 31, 2013

By David H in Fulton, MO
Musical Background: I have played for about 40 years, jam at home,
Music Style: 70's Rock, Blues
Overall: Great amp with great tone. More than enough volume. Easy to operate and get either a clean sound or distortion. Amp came just as described.

"I'm terribly disappointed." submitted September 7, 2009

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Forty years
Music Style: Country
Sound: It's the only Fender that I ever owned that I didn't like and I've had plenty of them. The sound quality stinks. Way too much treble and the controls don't help. I have two friends here and they each own one and they feel the same way that I do. You pay for what you get. I've had Super Reberbs, Chorus, Ultra Chorus, Pro, Sessions, you name it and they all cost twice as much as this one. You get what you pay for. It looks like a Fender but I hate it. The reverb is no good either. Feature: Looks. It's beautiful. Ease of Use: It ain't got no good sounds Quality: Made very well just like all Fender products. Value: IT is worth nothing to me. Manufacturer Support: Never in my life ever had a complaint about Fender and never had an occasion to call them. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal is a very poor choice of words but it is a very beautiful amplifier. Looks like it is built to last. Overall: It is for sale now. I'll take just about anything I can get for it.

"SS "Twin" with cheap speakers" submitted January 15, 2012

By randy w
Musical Background: Guitar since 1950's, bass, pro
Music Style: Vintage Rock thru 90's, Country, Blues, R&B, - variety
Sound: Replace the speakers, period! Feature: The reverb is "dumpy" sounding - install a long spring pan. The plastic jacks are cheap and will probably break easily, suggest using ninty degree plugs on all inputs. With the replacement of the speakers, it becomes very heavy, install casters. A real wood cab would have been nice. Ease of Use: Spend a little cash, and this economy amp becomes a great gigging amp, if you've got the muscle to tote it around. Quality: Other than the plastic jacks, the mechanical parts seem to hold up well. Cosmeticly, it looks like a "real" blackface. Value: In short, yes. Manufacturer Support: My only experience dealing with Fender was a few years ago waiting for parts that never became available for a warrenty repair, and that resulted in the dealer refunding my money. Dealer great - Fender not so much. The Wow Factor: I don't concern myself much with "Wow" factor. Some really good looking equipment I"ve owned over the years has turned out to be almost unusable, expensive , over rated junk. Overall: Tone snobs will turn up their nose at the Fender Frontman name and say kids amp. But, they are wrong. Install a pair of any brand quality speakers and this amp is capable of holding its own with anything I've heard over the years. I bought it for it's cleans, and after changing out the cheap (spelled C-H-E-A-P) speakers, the good headroom, became great headroom, and the good tone was also vastly improved. The distortion channel was also improved. Not tubes, but not bad.

When you call, mention priority code 1418-D1T8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976