When you call, mention priority code 171J-MBTG

Rating and Reviews: Fender Mustang III V.2

With a plethora of onboard effects and amp models, the flexible and diverse pallete of the Mustang III V.2 will give your tone unlimited possibilities.

"very well thought out for giggin guys!" submitted September 16, 2014

Musical Background: I'm a guitar player going 30 yrs now
Music Style: played almost all mostly live!
Sound: First of all, the amps on this unit sound superb and very convincing both feel and hearing it. The true test that I did was when I rehearse and gig with two different bands that are two different styles. The first band style was more of a Hard Rock/Alternative/Pop Rock. The second Band was more of a Jazz,Funk Groove,Fusion,Black Gospel. During the last gig I had to keep looking back behind me quit a few times and realize that,that's not the real thing and that its a software guitar amp. So both feel, responsiveness, hearing it comes extremely scary close to the real deal! That if you did not know what you plug into, you would not care and went on thinking you plug straight into a nice tube amp! This is coming from me, who basically have gigs and own at one time almost all the amps listed on the Mustang. So my final thoughts on the sound of the Mustang: Impressive! I'm already saving up for the 2x12 version cause I just luv 2x12 sounds as well! besides, I'm more of a 2x12 combo anyways. Feature: The features are great! Its not cluttered and just enough effects when needed,great addition to the already impressive amp patches. I don't use much effects, I use it very sparingly so the features are perfect for me. If you're a guy that has to have so many pedals and lots of them are always on, then this amp is not for you. Other than that,its an awesome giggin' amp. Very well thought out by Fender R&D! they were definitely thinking of a guitar player that gigs on a regular basis. Ease of Use: No brainer! During live and rehearsal,it was easy dialing in the sounds needed. Do I get the hint here that the Fender R&D Team were giggin' on weekends? Hmmmm...Fender has always been about great sound, simplicity, ease of maintenance, and this Mustang is that...That's why Fender is jogging to the bank daily... Quality: Its a Fender made in China and so is the NIKE shoes you're wearing right now and so that's why we can afford it so please no whining allowed! Value: The sounds/feel/responsiveness of the amp patches should cost 4x Thank God for the technology and R&D that its not gonna cost that much... Manufacturer Support: Never had to with Fenders I've owned. But then again this is a software amp so will see. The Wow Factor: Beats all the competitors on this kind a stuff by hundreds of miles! like I said,sound/feel/responsiveness is scary close to the real deal! and I'm saving up for the 2x12 version... Overall: First of I want to say that I'm not new to tube amps and solid state amps or pedals. I've played almost all in a live and studio settings ninety percent of the time, and I've been a guitar player for about 30 years now and three quarters of it is in a live band situation. So I'm not a stranger to the vintage instruments or the latest and the greatest gadgets. Secondly,the Fender Mustang Series are software/solid state guitar amps and lets just leave it at that....

"A well thought out gig amp!" submitted September 6, 2014

Musical Background: Guitar Player 30+yrs,20+yrs live
Music Style: played almost all styles live! and that's the beauty of it!
Sound: The big sound, the responsiveness when rolling back the guitar volume,the spongy feel, the blending in the band dynamics, the clarity that it gets at loud band volumes even at heavy overdrive/distortion, the solo notes! wow! it comes very scary close to all the tube amps I've already mention. After four rehearsals, two live gigs, two different bands, two completely different sound guys with different taste, I had nothing but good complements...There were times that if I didn't look back what's behind me I could've swore it was a tube amp! yes its that good. And for me, this is just the beginning of my software amp journey and so far so good. This amp so far exceeds my expectation and my negative bias towards software amps... I say this because I had a bad experience in the past concerning software amplifier and I will not mention those company's.. Lets move on. I must say, that if Fender is getting into this type of amps, who better does it than the real tube amp maker for 60+ yrs who's reputation is high! you know darn well R&D Fender is gonna wanna nail it down 100% and 90% is no exception... I have tried and heard others and the mustang is far ahead of the game! in fact it should be the standard! when I first received it, I thought I was gonna play it for about 20 seconds then call Zzounds.com for an RA#. Feature: The Features are somewhat limited. For example, if you wanted a delay that is always on and another delay that you could tap ahead of time for a certain part of a song, it wont happen here. Or if you wanted a overdrive to be your stand alone sound then kick in a compressor for solos, it wont make it. But if your the type of player like me who uses effects very sparingly, and of course it depends on what the songs call for! but relies basically on the amp/guitar sound and speaker, then your in for a great treat... I just wanna stress that the sound,the feel,the responsiveness of this amp far outweighs the limitations. And it is well thought out for a gigin player who doesn't use much effects, but it has plenty to chose from just in case you need it. And of course you need the four button switch to really get full use of the amp. Just minor limitations guys no brainer! Ease of Use: easy! just take your time,no brainer! fun factor is when you get into the FUSE baby! Quality: Very nice! it just needs metal corners. And yes its made in china! so as your NIKE shoes that your wearing right now while your reading this review. he! he! Value: excellent value for a software amp... Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with Fender for anything for as long as I've own and gig with Fender tube amps and guitars. But this is a software amplifier so will see. The Wow Factor: its hard to imagine that this is all software! and the extra bonus I like is its very light!!! Yes! I am a Tube Snob! but after experiencing this amp, This amp is a keeper and no more expensive tubes to replace! I am also planning in the near future to purchase the mustang IV V2 2x12 version just cause I like this amp and the 2x12 version is in stereo. Overall: Lets get the record straight here, this amp will never come close to be a tube amp! because its not! Secondly, I've been playing close to 30 yrs now and 20+ yrs of it is really playing live with different bands of almost all genres and styles. Blues, Jazz, funk, jazz Fusion, Pop Rock, hard Rock, Metal ,Shred Metal, Twang Rock, etc... done it all. Thirdly I've own and gig with 1973 Marshall 50 watt Plexi, DSL 401, TSL Combo 2x12, Fender Twin, 65DR, Fender Hot rod deville, deluxe,blues jr, mesa boogie dual and triple rectifiers, mesa boogie nomad 2x12, peavey classic 50 2x12, 1x15, VOX AC30 2x12, Peavey 5150 2x12 and the list goes on! so I'm no stranger to tube amps. The Mustang III V2 1x12 pretty much has all the amps I've gig with in the past as well as pedals that I pretty much use on a regular basis for gigs.

"Top notch "Fender" sound" submitted January 30, 2014

By Requiem G
Musical Background: 20+ years doodling
Overall: This amp has some very faithful reproductions of Fenders signature amps as well as some great high gain voices. Together with the Fuse software it offers pretty much anything with a little tweaking.

"Versatile Amp, Loads of Power, Easy to Use" submitted November 28, 2014

By Ken B in Westfield, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Played for over 50 years, mostly for fun. Guitar, drums, bass, harmonica
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Christian, Country
Overall: The Mustang series of amps are great. They're very powerful for their size, the clean tones are very clean indeed, yet you can blend other sounds and effects for almost limitless possibilities. The FUSE software allows you even more flexibility and diversity, and it too is very easy to use once you get into it.

"Fender Mustang III V2" submitted August 10, 2014

By Lisa H in Wynne, AR
Musical Background: Intermediate
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Christian, Classic Rock
Overall: Love it! Totally changed my guitar playing experience!! Easy to use, and sounds GREAT!!

"Versatile Amp, Loads of Power, Easy to Use" submitted November 28, 2014

By Ken B in Westfield, MA
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Christian, Country

"Excellent!!" submitted August 20, 2014

By Kristina M in Hillsdale, MI
Musical Background: Plays guitars and is a beginner
Music Style: various
Overall: I purchased this for a birthday gift for my boyfriend and he is a beginner at playing the guitar. He just loves this amp and all the features that it has on it. He said I did good!!!

"Badass Mustang" submitted December 15, 2014

By Charlie B in GLENDALE, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: former touring musician but mostly write songs in home studio.
Music Style: Hard Rock and metal. Some blues and punktry.
Overall: Solid amp. I also have a Line 6 which I use for heavier/metallic tones. I bought the fender for the cleans. Lots of headroom and the dirty models aren't bad either. If all you use this for is the 57 Twin, it's totally worth it.

"Wow, what else can anyone say, I've played for just over 45 years pro country" submitted June 14, 2014

By Tracie Bobb in Philadelphia, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been into playing music since I was 12 and I'm I'll be 64 This June 28th I sing lead, write compose, play drums and guitar
Music Style: I play rock, oldies, country but like all music.
Overall: My God man what else can you say, this baby is powerful and super clean, I've worked with a lot of amps in my life, I'm a 45 year pro Nashville, Player and have used about every amp on the market, this thing blow me away more then I will need now that I am retired I live with my dear 95 year old mother, she loves the sound of this amp so powerful. I sing lead, write and compose, play drums and guitar and harmonicas.

"Fender Mustang III V.2 Guitar Combo Amp brief review " submitted September 9, 2014

By wayne harvey in west chesterfield, NH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since the late 50s, now mostly in nursing homes and similar settigns
Music Style: Christian, rock (mostly 50s and 60s, Americana and bluegrass.
Overall: This is a great guitar amp with 100s of pre-set s and combinations that seemingly could take years to try out and save -- so many options! It is fairly light in weight but every powerful in output volume.As a novice, I am looking forward to exploring the amazing potential of this amp which seems to be great both for home use and playing gigs on the road.

"stevenmeinster voxaga150 and mustang lll.v2" submitted February 23, 2014

By steven meinster in flushing, NY
Overall
Musical Background: not a pro just haveing fun for many years
Music Style: Old classic rock 70s and 80s erea
Overall: The mustang is a fine combo amp but when I got the vex aga150 amp it was just what I was looking for 2inputs one for guitar and one for mic its an acoustic amp with a lot of punch I would buy both of these amps again the mustang has a lot of effects and the voce is just clean and when you add effects to the vox its just wonderful both are worth the money and zz sounds is a great place to buy them

"Fender Mustang III V.2 Guitar Combo Amp recview" submitted September 8, 2014

By wayne harvey in west chesterfield, NH
Musical Background: Playing music since 1958
Music Style: Rock, Christian, bluegrass
Overall: this is a great amp although, for me, it is not easy to use in terms go working on the settings,, saving them accessing them later on but that's only because of my inexperience. I wish there was a more extensive but easy-to-use manual.

When you call, mention priority code 171J-MBTG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976