When you call, mention priority code 1716-48Y9

Rating and Reviews: Fender Mustang III Amp

Get 100 watts of power, built-in effects and presets, and USB conectivity with this tiny workhorse combo amp.

Overall

"Fender delivers an overall excellent sounding modelling amp with amazing value" submitted April 22, 2012

By Lorin C in Lexington, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Played for 29 years. I play Guitar, Bass, Violin, Banjo & Mandolin. I've played semi-professionally but mostly play at home now
Music Style: Classical, Folk, Classic Rock, Jam, Hard Rock, Modern Rock, Metal, Progressive
Sound: Most of the Fender models are excellent and I am hard-pressed to tell them from the actual amps. 75% of my patches are based on the 65 Twin, but I've also used the Bassman models and the 65 Deluxe. The clean tones I've gotten with this amp are the best I've gotten since I actually used a vintage 68 Super Reverb. You could possibly tell the difference if you had the actual amp side by side, but the convenience of digital, as well as the lack of noise you experience with true vintage tube amps more than makes up for it in my opinion. Sadly, the higain amp models are not as good as the Fender models and there is failry significant fizz (the kind people typically associate with digital modeling). However, once you connect to the Fuse software you can take steps to tame that. If you reduce the SAG and Bias controls you clean up the emulated power section. Then lower your preamp gain and channel volume and crank the master and you'll kill 90% of the fizz. Putting an EQ in the effects loop will also allow you trail off the fizz. Some of the effects are not terribly good, but most are serviceable. Virtually all of the reverbs and delays are excellent and I couldn't see myself using an outboard effects system for those. The Fuzz and Phaser are too pretty noticeable failures. Despite multiple attempts to tweak them, I can't get the most common sounds you would expect to get. I'm recommending to Fender that they replace both models in subsequent patch updates. My favorite crunch / hard-rock patch is actually based on the Fender Super-Sonic. With low gain settings on the amp and a slight boost from the Overdrive model you can get an awesome crunch with lots of throaty med/hi-gain bite. Sadly, the 5150 & Dual Rec models aren't as good stock as other modelers (the HD500) Feature: *USB jack , this serves as both connection method for using the Fuse software and a recording out. Its your basic ASIO interface in that capacity but it seems to be fairly low noise. Fender also includes a nice selection of software: a basic Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) program in the form of Ableton LIte and software modeling program Amplitube. I use Reaper, but I might try it out just to see if it might be simpler for sketching song ideas out. Amplitube I've used in the past and its good for cleans. The lack of an external speaker out is troublesome and should be rectified in future revisions on the Mustang line. Ease of Use: I was able to get great sound out of the box without a single look at the manual; I've still not opened it. I didn't even connect it to the Fuse software for a couple of weeks after owning it. Both the software and amp are easy to use, tweak and save patches. If I have a qualm, its that the two button footswitch is extremely limited. I plan to buy the 4 button, but I feel that will still be too limited. Fender needs to release something like the Mustang Floor, with buttons to toggle all of the effects on/off as well as up/down bank selection. In that area Fender has not learned from its competitors. Quality: The cabinet seems well made, very clean craftsmanship, no obvious defects or short-cuts in manufacturing. Everything feels solid. Value: This amp is really the best value in its price range, hands down. You get a gig-worthy amp, an exceptional computer interface, loads of tweakability and all the software you need to get started recording on a computer. Manufacturer Support: I've not had occasion to contact Fender with regards to this product, but they've always been fairly responsive when I've contacted them for issues in the past. The Wow Factor: I've been playing guitar for over 17 years (since I was 15) and I remember how practice amps used to be. I never even played with effects until I was already in my first band in highschool. I can only imagine having this level of sound quality back then. The overall value and amazing sound quality really Wows me. Overall: I purchased chiefly to serve as a practice amp and light jamming duty with acoustic drumkit. In both roles it succeeds. It has more than enough volume to play cleanly at high volume (well beyond a heavy-handed drummer) with just the stock single 12" speaker. I might mod mine to add an external speaker jack. That is definitely one area Fender needs to correct in subsequent revisions.

"Great for Harp and Guitar." submitted August 20, 2011

By a customer from mc.net
Music Style: Blues, Jazz
Sound: This review also mentions the Mustang II. I've been playing harp & blues guitar around Chicago since the '60's. I was lucky enough to learn from some of the greats. Since then I've built up quite an amp collection. They all have a use. They are now all for sale, except my '68 Ampeg G-12. Since guitar and harp require different EQ's, and they're called GUITAR amps, playing harp and getting the brown sound loud enough to keep up with overdriven DeLux's and Twins requires some modification. This, and the II, are the only amps I haven't had to tear apart. Also, the II and the III sound almost the same (98%) and work well together. The only drawback, which is generally true of guitar amps, is that cabinet resonant frequency is within the frequency range of the instrument, aka standing wave, aka headache tone. This wouldn't happen with oblique sides, an easy design change. The Mustang II, gotten first, was not loud enough for most of the clubs I play at. It's not as loud as my Pignose G-40V, but when I first turned it to "Deluxe" and tweaked the tone, I played it for a half hour, sat down & laughed for another half hour. The last time I got that tone, I was playing a Tone King Club 12. And this is $1000 less. The II is not as loud as 40W tube, but you can turn it to 10 and it sounds like it's on 5. No solid state distortion. Haven't had the need to turn the III beyond 6. Liked the II so much, I got the III. All the models sound great. Sometimes I need the brown sound, sometimes a clean airy sound, sometimes an OD crunch without loosing tone, and others. They all sound great. Very versatile. Add to all that the fact that the effects go from useable to great, and you can toss your pedalboard...for the most part. Feature: First of all, at this price, how many bells & whistiles do you want? Compared to the II, which requires the SW to change some parameters, the UI on the III (after all, it is at heart a computer) has everything on the dashboard, which makes changing params on the fly easy and instantaneous. I haven't even unpacked the footswitch, but I plan on getting the 4-button one. One thing I wish it would do is to go back to the last pre-set it was set to, instead of always turning on to pre-set 0. IMHO, ANY extras on these amps would raise the price. They were both designed really well, and get the most at their price points. I'd like covers for mine, preferably padded to protect them while traveling. Ease of Use: The pre-sets themselves are all great for guitar, and dialing up great harp tones is EXTREMELY easy. So many sounds. I have to say, though, they they need smoother dial controls (VBX's or whatever) in Fuse. It took no time to figure out how to work the amp, I was making pre-sets after 20 min. Quality: Both amps seem to give you the most for your money. Nowadays, it seems Gibson could learn a few things about QC from Fender. Any changes would increase the price, but...I'd like to see lit dials, chrome corners & metal straps on top, like the old tube Fenders. Also, the II needs a longer AC cord. I'd like to see a heavier duty on/off switch on both of 'em. IMHO, Ableton, which seems to be more loop-oriented, should be replaced by something like Cubase. I also wish that the USB connection would pick up the amp & effects modeling. If you take care of them, I'm sure they'll last. Like my, and my friends, other Fenders. Value: Everyone else better look out. One thing the "recession" has brought is better value. These are my first SS amps. They are dead quiet and give you things you could only dream about pre-DSP, like tube sag, bias adjust...on a Twin! And NONE of that ear-grating cheap SS clip! Welcome to the future. Manufacturer Support: So far, so good. I upgraded the BIOS(?) on the II using Fuse, and it went great. Also no problem using the same copy of Fuse for both. Never had a problem with a Fender product, and I own 4. Treat 'em right, and they'll last! The Wow Factor: Styling is great, with the traditional Fender badge on the front. New styling separates them from tube Fenders, but doesn't look cheap. Nice & light. They also look great in pairs, side by side, or stacked! At these prices that's affordable. Overall: So far, there's nothing that I've asked these amps to do that they haven't been able to do. When I got the II, I packed up my multi-effects pedal and haven't unpacked it yet.
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Gigging Amp" submitted April 5, 2013

By Brian K in St. Petersburg, FL
Musical Background: Professional Musician - Lead/Rhythm Guitar
Music Style: Classic Rock, Electric Blues, Funk Rock, Country Rock, Jazz Rock/Acid Jazz
Overall: This is an amazing guitar amp. Have played tube amps for 30 yrs. The amp models the Mustang III emulates are accurate. You honestly cannot tell the diff from the real thing. Another attractive aspect is it offers true versatility. You can literally get any sound you want from super clean Fender to heavy Marshall to classic Vox and everything in between. Cannot say enough good things about the Fender Mustang amps.I was blown away by the power this 100 watt solid state piggie has. Very loud and cuts through in live playing situations. You can play medium to large venues with the Mustang III easily. If you need more volume than this amp can crank then go ahead and mic it if necessary. Frankly, a venue where you need more than this can pump out you would be running your signal through the sound system anyway.Want to make it clear that I am a "tube snob". Never liked solid state guitar amps until this one. In my opinion, this is the only solid state guitar amp that makes the grade. It has both power and incredible TONE. Being an "Anolog Kid" there was a bit of a learning curve to go thru to get used to using this amp but, it really didn't take too long to get the hang of it. I have all the possible sounds I can ever want to get without having to lug around about 10 different amps to get them! That's what I call FREEDOM! And, this amp is light. I do not miss hauling around my heavy tube amp. Actually, I sold it. I have everything I need right here with the Mustang III. The 2 button foot switch is somewhat limiting. I will be getting the 4 button foot switch to use in tandem with the 2 button switch the amp shipped with. Overall, the amp is intuitive to use and has outstanding tone, power and unlimited flexibility. Fender did this one right!

"Fender Mustang III amplifier." submitted August 19, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Music Style: Blues
Sound: This amp had a great sound, I was really surprised. You can get any type of sound you want out of this amp. Feature: The controls are user friendly and east to learn. I like that you can name the presets. Ease of Use: You might want to download and print the advanced manual off the DVD. The start up manual does not cover the entire amp. Quality: I was very pleased with the quality of the amp. Being made in China I really was not expecting such quality. More than other made in China amps I have had in the past.I was happy to find out that Fender is making covers for the Mustang amps now. I bought one and it fits perfect. Value: This is a great amp for the money, I mainly wanted a amp with effect that had a headphone jack. That way I dont disturb anyone when I feel like playing. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with support, but in the past they have been very helpful. The Wow Factor: Great looking amp, very eye appealing. Overall: I dont plan on getting another amp like this. Im very happy with this one and plan to keep it a long time.

"Mustang III is high end for the low end buyer" submitted November 4, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Small town musician w/regular gigs. Studio Engineer/Producer. Broadcaster
Music Style: Country/Classic Soul/Gospel/Oldies/Classic Rock
Sound: Modeling has come a long way since I first purchased a processor controlled amp. I have used a Cyber Deluxe for years and still use it for gigging because it is built like a tank and I can't quite emulate the sounds I have created in it on this amp but the Mustang III is much more "tube like" in response and tone. With the Fuse softwarem it's MUCH easier to manipulate and program what I want. Feature: The ability to set parimeters and control the settings from my laptop is the best feature. Downloading and trying other modeling sounds others have created using Fuse is nice too. I've found four or five "sounds" that other people have created that sound dead on for the artist they are trying to reproduce. This has saved me a lot of tweaking time. With 100 presets to save to, I can almost have a different "custom" sound for every song on the set list when playing live. Since we do a lot of covers I can almost just dial up what I want. Unlike some modeling amps I've used, you still have to use the appropriate guitar for the sound you want to produce. I thought I could plug in a Strat and be able to get tele and LP tones by manipulating the various amp models but I have found if I want humbucking crunch I still need my LP and if I want to chicken pick and pop my strings I still need my tele. Ease of Use: With the software and USB connection, this amp is a breeze compared to my Cyber Deluxe and Cyber Twin. With the display, programming from the amp is much easier as well but still a bit annoying to do on the fly when you're on a stage getting ready to play. The main control shuttle "big knob" is pretty sensitive and will fly through things a little too quickly. Even if you've never used a modeling amp, the learning curve is easy because you can visually see the amp you are emulating and the stomp boxes you are controlling and the visual makes your mindset think analog. Both the software and the display on the amp will show you a Marshall Stack or a Vox AC and it visually shows you stomp boxes and the control knobs on the boxes move as you manipulate them. If you want 100ms of delay, you can dial it up and see it on the effects pedal right on the screen. That seems to make it much easier for someone to transition from their analog setup to the digital realm. Quality: The only real "Down" side to this amp. I've had chinese practice amps that were more rugged. The thin faux leather like covering is pretty cheesy when compared to the rugged tweed and tolex Fender usually uses. No metal on the corners and a much weaker looking handle do not say "Fender" to me. Even the box itself seems cheaply put together. The processor/power amp section and speaker are fine but I really don't think the cab would hold up to years of on road and stage use. I personally don't like the "Modern" Mustang logo either. This is supposed to be a Fender amp, not a Randall or RMS. I guess not everything can look like an old twin even if it can sound like one. The great thing is it's very light and the days of hauling tube amps around ended a long time ago for me because of weight. Value: When looking at all the competition, I think there is whole lot of bang for the buck in this amp. I would, however, be willing to pay a little more for a sturdier cabinet. Manufacturer Support: I have always had good luck with Fender service. I purchased this amp as a warehouse repack and whoever had originally bought it and sent it back had already registered the serial number on the Fender website. I emailed Fender and explained my situation. I had an email from customer service two days later stating they had reset the serial and my account for me. Had fret problems with a strat years ago and that was resolved as well. I've heard horror stories but from my experience they stand behind their products. The Wow Factor: The way the cab is designed, wrap it in tweed and give it tilt back legs and that would be a beauty! OR make it look like and old silver face Deluxe. I see the need for a different approach with this modeling series but I'm a traditionalist in physical design I guess. Looks aren't everything and there is plenty of "meat" in the sound of this amp. Overall: Until it falls apart, the "computer" scrambles, or the controls break I will be using this amp for recording, practicing and gigs that don't have me behind chicken wire.

"Powerful Punch, Full of Sound Options, LOW PRICE!!!" submitted October 31, 2011

By ZZounds
Musical Background: Retired professional
Music Style: Blues, Blues/Rock
Sound: The Mimiced Fender Tube sounds are pretty awesome! The built ins are good but probably could do without half of them! But they give good starting points for customizing. Feature: For the price of this amp you cannot get more and/or better features It is packed with "featurey goodness"! Ease of Use: Very easy to use right out of the box! More instruction in the box would be helpful for the software and the computer connectivity. But once you start working ith FUSE you catch on relatively quickly Quality: I have only had it a short time and just using it for practice so far... although with 100 watts I am sure it will be fine for gigs as well. It came in excellent shape and seems to be made well. Excercise care in handling (knobs, etc.) and I imagine a long time problem free can be expected. Value: Features, sound, and (percieved) quality... I see nothing else on the market that can compare at the price! Sure, a classic '65 Twin would be nice or even some of the newer all tube amps that fender is making,,, but I don't have stock in a gold mine! Manufacturer Support: i have dealt with Fender in the past, with other equipment, and they have always been easy to deal with. I have had no issues with this amp so far. The Wow Factor: Looks clean and the display is cool. The technology is the appeal! Gives a huge number of sound options in a compact, yet loud, well made amplifier.

"An amazing amp with huge dynamic response!" submitted June 22, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Full time Pro
Music Style: Studio/All styles
Sound: This is the first modeling amp to deliver 100%. It has tone and feel for days. It is actually more responsive than most of the amps it models. The Deluxe model is amazing as is the Supersonic. If you spend time tweaking the sounds, you will get more than you can rightfully expect. My only complaint is, the Celestian GK-100 speaker, while sounding very nice, can't handle the massive low end this amp can produce and it can start distorting badly. I thought it may have been loose but that was not it. I have heard that sound before, it is a low thud-thump. That only happens when cranked with a lot ow low end however and at that kind of volume you would want to use some sound reinforcement or a 2x12 combo. I thing this amp is one of the best sounding combos I have ever heard and it has much more feel than any other modeling amp- and I have used them since the mid 90's. This is the best sounding 1X12 combo you will find. As far as being road worthy, the Roland Cube80XL is much more sturdy feeling and have a more professional feature set- but it does not have the tone or touch that the Mustang III has. I have owned about 60 amps and this is the best sounding. Fender just rocked this out of the park.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"You Will Be Amazed!" submitted October 27, 2011

Musical Background: Musician, Teacher and Recording Enthusiast
Music Style: Rock, classic rock, blues, metal
Sound: I was looking for a decent modeling amp. So I went to my local music store and tried the Vox VT80+, Peavey VYPYR 75 Watt & the Line 6 75 Watt. Plugged into the Mustang III and with-in minutes it had them all beat. I was amazed at the tones I was able to pull out of this amp. The 12" Celestion speaker sure makes the tones that much sweeter. I plugged into the Mustang II and noticed a difference immediately. My main instrument is drums, but I been playing guitar for over 20 years. My wife had no issues getting up over me while we were jamming and I am a hard hitter. This amp is loud! Feature: I was surprised by the build of the amp. Made in China I expected lower quality, but it's built solid. The controls are easy to dial in and the LCD reads easy and clear. I can sit here all day and talk about the sounds you can pull out of this amp. Better off if you go try it out at a local music store. Come back to Zzounds to buy it. No video is going to give you the sound or experience as playing thru it will. The Fuse software that comes with the amp is super sweet. With a Lil time I can dial in any artist. From SRV, Clapton, ACDC, Metallica, Van Halen, to clean tones. With the amp hooked up to your computer and the Fuse software. Your imagination is the limit. What also is nice is the online community. You can download other people's models and upload yours. Comes with the 2 button foot switch. I ordered the 4 button and glad I did it. Give you so much more freedom. In short, if you're looking for a tone, this amp with deliver it. The built in tuner is by far the best I have seen. You have a bar, instead of lights, telling you were to go. Makes it 100% easier to tune up fast and precise. Get it close by ear and dial it in perfect with the tuner. Ease of Use: There's a lot going on here. If you want to get the most out of this amp. Read up on it and download the manuals from the Fuse forums. All the controls are easy to navigate and the LCD makes it super easy to see what you're doing. The more I read the manuals I got from the Fuse forum, the more this amp gave. If you just want to plug in and run with the presets, thats cool. But if you take some time and learn this amp. The tones are unlimited. This will do super clean to death metal and sound good doing it. Quality: Don't let the made in China scare you off. The quality is here. The speaker is in a solid mount and all the dials feel well made. No wobbling or rocking to them. You can feel the quality of them when you turn them. Value: Catch it on sale or use a competitors coupon. For the price and what you get and can do with this amp. It's a no-brainer. VOX, Line 6 or Peaveys modeling amps can not touch the Mustang. Manufacturer Support: Owning a few Strats, I had to deal with Fender in the past. Never had an issue with them. Always great & super friendly service. The Wow Factor: Classic Fender look. Love the front silver mesh. Nice size Fender logo too. I have mine on a amp stand and she looks sweet up there. Overall: As I said, I play drums in a band and teach them also. I been playing guitar for over 20 years and wanted a modeling amp. My Marshall JDM isn't fun to carry around. But what is even better, this Mustang III does what my Marshall does and so much more. With a Lil time and knowledge, you can dial in any tone with this amp. The Fuse software sweetens the deal. This amp never gets boring. I suggest buying the optional 4 button foot switch. I can access every thing with it. I also use the 2 button foot switch that came with it. They work great together side by side. I have done a lot of recording with this amp and must say I was beyond happy. For what I paid and the results I get, this was a steal. Once you get thru playing with the presets. You'll be chasing tones with the Fuse software. Unbelievable how many tones you can get. Really like one you have created with the Fuse software. Boom, save it right to your amp. Bottom line. If you're looking for a great amp and don't have a lot of coin to drop. The Mustang III, in my opinion, is the best option. It's loud, can gig with it. Quality is there. The sound is awesome and for the price, you can't lose.

"Nice pony (Mustang III" submitted January 23, 2012

By Alex G
Overall
Musical Background: Novice. I play guitar,bass and keyboards.
Music Style: Jazz, blues, classic rock and alternative...
Sound: Fabulous sound. The built in processor is great. From smooth melodies,clean picking to some dirty grunge the mustan performes nicely. Did I mention the built in guitar tuner. Feature: Excellent features. Lots of tones and effects plus a built in guitar tuners. My tele was sounding kind off key. It was no problem tuned in on the amp in about 20 minutes Ease of Use: Very easy to use just dial what u want on the on board screen and you are ready to go. It helps if you have some computer knowledge to use the fuse software. Quality: Excellent craftmanship and portable too. The mustang III can fit nearly any were due to its compact size. I bought mine blemished but nothing wrong with it. The usb cable was not included nor the manual. No big deal. Value: The price it is right. It's a Fender.Great value and practical. I also saved some money on expensive foot pedals due to the 100 effects. Awesome. Manufacturer Support: Yes I have download the manual for free. That was nice. At fender.com no problem. The Wow Factor: Wow it's a fender and it's as loud as hell. Money well spent ! :-) Overall: I bought this amp because its a Fender. Im on a budget and I really did not want to spend too much. I was looking at a Peavy and a Marshall but they cost more and didn't quite deliver the effects and loudness of the Mustang III.I use it for practice and small jam session.

"Wow. Incredible value, great tone." submitted April 3, 2012

By Sean S in EDH, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for almost 30 years and gig out and record regularly.
Music Style: Psychobilly, Rockabilly, Americana, Honky Tonk, Alt Country, Surf. Basically all variations of twang.
Overall: After using my vintage Super Reverb for 15 years and trying everything I could to make it work at lower volumes and maintain tone, I finally broke down and started looking at replacing it with another, smaller vintage amp. Unfortunately, the one I wanted ('65 Deluxe Reverb) are very expensive so I decided to look at some other options. I spent a few weeks reading reviews and doing some research, eventually settling on the Mustang III. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about using a modeled solid state amp even though I use modeling all the time for recording.But, I bit the bullet and picked up a Mustang III. At home I updated the firmware and Fuse software and immediately got to work trying to see what I could get out of it, trying out the vintage amp settings. I initially played it a very low volume because I had it sitting directly in front of me on my desk to make sure I was hearing everything accurately. At the very low volume I had it set at to save my ears, it was hard to tell exactly what I was hearing but it seemed a little better than when I played with it in a store.After awhile I cranked it up a bit and was pleasantly surprised by what I heard. I thought, "this thing might actually work" but was withholding judgement until I could fire it up at practice. The next day I did just that and I was amazed at how great this little solid state amp sounded. Really, really incredible. It was loud enough to get a great feel out the speaker, but I didn't have to punch it up like I would my super to get the tone I was looking for. I'm really looking forward to digging into the settings even more, especially the sag and bias.The 4 button pedal was a little bit of a pain after having only used real stomp boxes for so long, I kept accidentally hitting the "mode" switching button and changing presets mid-song when trying to turn the overdrive on and off for solos, but the built-in tuner and the flexibility it promises is great. If can get used to hitting the right button or figuring out a way to lock things down a little, I'll be very happy.The other thing that I found a little frustrating was the ability to have multiple stomp boxes available at the same time. For instance, you can't use the compressor and overdrive together, which seems really weird. Not the end of the world though, I can always use my actually compressor when I need it. Or maybe I'm just missing something? I'd love to have a "geek mode" for really digging into the settings. Things are just a bit over-simplified for my preferences, but this will be a feature for many.Overall, I can't imagine there's a better value out there right now. This is a great amp and because it's software-based, it has enormous potential for getting even better.

"Fender Mustang 3 Modelling Amp with 2 button switch" submitted November 25, 2012

By hello central in san juan islands, WA
Overall
Musical Background: jam informally, open mics with good players...they
Music Style: rock, progressive rock, electronic
Overall: This is the best amp I've ever owned, though I have played through some top of the line amps. I play a Fender Strat and an acoustic through this amp. This amp has great knockout Fender sound, and the Fender models are very good, but the others, you will want to reprogram. As for ease of use, Line6 amps are easier, but the sound is different. Remember, this is a COMPUTER with a SOUND SYSTEM. So you just need to figure out the language and software to get the best sounds. No simple knobs for tremolo, delay, etc. CUSTOMER CARE FROM zZounds IS SUPERB. Fender manuals are just a tad less than specific, but useable. Download anything you might want and give a call to zZounds if you have further questions, they are very helpful.

"Best amp for the money" submitted October 29, 2012

By Bill B in Woodburn, IN
Musical Background: Guitar and bass; banjo,mandolin
Music Style: Rock, Southern gospel, blues
Overall: This is the 2nd Mustang I have purchased,, I keep one @ our practce facility and the other is for home use..Great amps love patch #5 deluxe reverb,, real clean and turn up the gain a little and starts to break up for that bluesy tone,,As you pick the strings it has a natural compression like a tube amp tone,, I've had one for about a year noe and have had no issues with it, the other amp is about 3 weeks old and bought it from zZounds,, Check out all the reviews either here or from an independent review source,, I think you'll find a lot of favorible comments on these amps... I'd like to steel corners on this amp also a 1/4/xlr direct out ....

"Fender Mustang III" submitted February 13, 2012

By Charles H in Gatesville, TX
Overall
Musical Background: been playing 27 years, I play guitar and bass. Pro in the past. Play in a rockin praise band
Overall: When people talk about fizz and noise with this amp it's no joke. I have been playing 27 years. I liked the concept of the amp. The presets, the 12" celestion speaker and the 100 watts. Unfortunately the amp just did not cut it. So noisey I just could'nt handle it and returned the amp. ZZounds was great and gave me a refund. I liked the fuse soft ware and i spent a lot of time making adjustements with the noise gate and such. It does help reduce the noise associated with high gain but not the fizz and weird phaser type noise on note decay even on clean sounds. In fact it was extra noticable on clean sounds. I read a lot of reviews about this amp before i purchased it. I saw a few bad reviews but if you go to the Fender web site and look at post from current, actual owners you'll see this is a wide spread problem.

"Fender Mustang III" submitted October 3, 2012

By Lloyd O in Capon Bridge, WV
Musical Background: Play Pedal Steel Guitar 14 years
Music Style: Country
Overall: This amp has so many digital settings (well over 100) that its confusing. Totally unnecessary. The "save" feature on mine doesn't work, so I have to set it at each use. For me the sound of the amp is too "bright" regardless of settings. I contacted the techs for help on the save setting problem and was told to take it to a service center.

"Too Much " submitted December 27, 2012

By Javier M in DeLand, FL
Musical Background: 4 years hobby and recording for guitar
Music Style: blues and jazz
Overall: This is a solid good sounding amp, but it has too many features and options for a musician to focus with, and if you mess with the computer features, you will be more focused on your computer than your guitar. I traded mine for a vox valvetronix 80 which has many features but gives you more of an option to have a basic amp.

Fender Mustang III Amp Customer Review submitted July 6, 2011

Musical Background: working
Music Style: rock - blues
Sound: This amp is alive and full of tone. I've been able to get the big tube sound and have some bells and whistles to boot. It's like getting my cake and eating it too. I've been into modeling amps for about 8 yrs. now, and fender has put out a quality product with the Mustang line. I've rated this amp an 8 ,because I think they could have done a better job in the effects area. I've not tried running external effects with this amp yet but I'm sure that I'm going to. The mustangs' effect selection is to narrow for me. Feature: I wished this amp came with the 5 button foot pedal instead of the 2. I guess that I'm lucky it came with one at all. Fender set up the foot pedal feature so that you have several different options to choice from when using your foot pedal to control you amplifier. Great idea! Ease of Use: very quick learning curve with this amp. This amp is easy to tweak while playing at home and at a gig. Your presets are easily altered and saved. Quality: no problems so far. Value: you get a lot for your money buying this amplifier. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to use it. The Wow Factor: It's a great looking amp. All the controls are on top and inset. Keeps all the knobs protected. Overall: I'm going to drive this one till the wheels fall off it. It's a good strong amplifier that has the sound that I'm looking for at price I was willing to pay. I'm probably going to end up buying some external effects to enhance my style.

"Mustang Sally wound up in the alley" submitted November 29, 2011

Music Style: rock, blues country
Sound: This amp is way overrated, don't believe the videos on Youtube, and elsewhere. It has very decent clean tones, but nowhere near a tube amp, Fender just can't do distortion, maybe blues, but for anything heavier they just can't get it, it's not their niche. They want you spend another $60.00 on a foot switch in order to get full access to all the amps features, many companies do this and I consider it a scam. I picked up a used Peavey Vypr 30 for $75.00 and it sonds much better and is easier to use, still not tubes but better models, better tone. Feature: The most useful feature on this amp is the power switch after that you have to be a programmer to work successfully with this amp Ease of Use: not easy at all, see above comment. Quality: appears to be well made, isn't that true for most Chinese made stuff ?? Value: Should sell for $199.00 not $299.00 If you must have one buy used, it should be easy most guys will get tired of these real fast ! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: no Overall: N/A

When you call, mention priority code 1716-48Y9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976