When you call, mention priority code 161V-R1HB

Rating and Reviews: Fender Mustang II Amp

Access any of Fender's signature tones with this amp's 24 on-board amp presets. It also features 24 built-in effects including chorus, flanger, phaser, and more.

"One word: Versatility" submitted June 1, 2011

Musical Background: Semi-Professional, Weekend Warrior
Music Style: Rock/Indie
Sound: Tones straight out of the box are good, but once you install Fuse and get deeper into sound editing, this amp shines like no other. All the amp models sound very good and the effects quality far surpasses any other modeling combo I have heard. I have used it for recording and have been able to match very closely the tones of several vintage tube amps I have used in the studio. I play a Special Edition Tele with Seymor Duncans with a coil tap. With this setup, my tone versatility is almost limitless. Feature: I give a 9 for features only because an included footwitch would be nice, but with everything you get at this price, I almost feel nitpicky about it. All knobs and buttons work smoothly and feel of excellent quality. The workmanship, especially at this pricepoint, is outstanding. Other than model settings and effects, of course, my most used feature is the Fender community. While the Mustang 3 has 4 more (I believe) amp models than the 2, you can download settings from other users that include these missing models, and save them to your amp (57 champ,65 Deluxe,65 Princeton, & British 70s). Amp responds very well to pick attack and volume & tone knob changes. Ease of Use: Even for the non-tech savvy (myself), it was extremely simple to use the amp itself, and to link it with the Fuse software and tweak to desired tones. I dont know how it would respond with external pedals, I have not tried. To be honest, I don't see the need. Every time I turn this thing on, or visit the Fender community, I find something new. If you cant find tones to please you in this thing, seek help. Quality: Perfection. (Hello, Fender) Lightweight but feels very stout and sturdy. Closed back protects internals. Grillcloth, tolex seams & hems, feet, emblems, screw finish, all top notch. I plan on making a case/stand for this to protect top controls, although I believe you would have to really mistreat this thing to do any damage to them. Value: For the price, I believe this amp is absolutely fantastic. Considering the amp itself is worth more to me than the selling price, factor in the Fender Fuse software, downloadable content fron the Fender community, plus the Fender Amplitube & Ableton Live recording software, more bang for your buck is an understatement. Manufacturer Support: I have used Fender support before, although no on this amp. I have always had good dealings with them, I go through my guitar repair guy, who is licensed for Fender repair, so my dealings were painless. The Wow Factor: After doing extensive research on many amps in this price range, it was a no-brainer to go with Fender. Just basing my choice on net info and customer reviews I was comfortable with the purchase. After recieving the amp and playing through it and discover all its features, it was hands down to me the best choice for me. Overall: Honestly this amp gives me more features than I could ever need. The only reason I could see to replace it would be to move to a larger amp in the Mustang series, but I dont see a need for that anytime soon.

"Great beginner amp, low $$" submitted February 28, 2011

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: Beginner Guitarist
Music Style: Metal/Rock
Sound: I bought this amp as a beginner/first time amp purchase. I use it for metal and rock. The sound is awesome and BIG. A lot of sound from this little amp. The presets are cool, it makes you look like you know what you are doing even if you dont. Wish it had a foot pedal with it but no big deal. This is an awesome amp for the money! Ease of Use: Presets make the amp easy to play right out of the box. Manufacturer Support: Havent called support yet. The Wow Factor: Very sexy looking amp. Overall: I am very satisfied and would purchase it again.

"Extremely cool, versatile and useful amp! Very impressed!" submitted April 10, 2011

Overall
Music Style: rock, classic rock, hard rock
Sound: Excellent amp modeling. The Fender models are especially uncanny, but the Vox, Marshall and Mesa ones are great too. The really cool thing is that the amp is really responsive to pick attach and the volume of your guitar, just like a real tube amp. Also, hooking this up to your PC and using Fuse software, you can mess around with tube sag, bias, blending channels (on the Plexi model) and master volume so your tone options are practically limitless. This also get's very good volume. I haven't jammed with it yet, but don't see any issue with this holding up, volume wise. Feature: I'd go 9.5 on features. It's got built in reverb, modulation and delay effects, a tuner, 1/8" headphone out, 1/8" aux in, and USB. The only thing that is really lacking on the amp is a Mid tone knob. Kind of weird that there isn't one. You can adjust mids through Fuse though. Also, the footswitch (not included) only switches between two presets. The footswitch on the Mustang III lets you scroll through all the presets. But really, this thing is packed with excellent features. Ease of Use: Overall very easy, just read the manual and you be able to learn it all in minutes. Quality: So far it's great. No issues. Value: $200 for an amp with this awesome sound, feature set and quality is a steal. This is a perfect amp for practice, recording and jamming. Manufacturer Support: I am giving it a 9 because the manual for the Fuse software is kind of lame. It doesn't describe what the various inputs for amp settings and stompboxes do. That would be helpful instead of spending a lot of time on trial and error. Otherwise, the Fender support forums are really helpful. The Wow Factor: Very cool looking. It looks a lot like Fender's Hot Rod line. A great mix of vintage and badass. Overall: I expect to be using this for years. The Fuse software makes this amp so versatile, I really can't foresee needing to buy another amp in this category. Fender is constantly adding and upgrading features and presets.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nice Amp! Sounds Great" submitted October 25, 2012

By Don N in Heber Springs, AR
Musical Background: Been Playing 46 Years, Electric Guitar
Music Style: Classic Rock, Smooth Jazz, Blues, Worship
Overall: I Bought The Mustang ll Amp Two Weeks Ago And I'm Glad I Did. I Wanted An Amp With A 12 Inch Speaker That I Could Get The Sounds I'm Looking For. And I Have Found It In This Great Sounding Amp. With All The Presets Already There For You, You're Ready To Rock N Roll. I Look Forward To Playing And Practicing With This Amp. I'll Be Keeping This One.

"An awesome amp that is easy to use" submitted October 9, 2010

Musical Background: newbie
Sound: The sound is great and this is very easy to use. Feature: The features are great. It doesn't have 300 or more built in effects (like some models), but I found having that many overwhelming. I like the old school dials. You can see where you are. It seems to have a much smaller learning curve. I can see the dials and adjust accordingly. Ease of Use: Much easier to use right away than some other models that have lots of presets "hidden" inside. Value: This amp is the same price as 2 others that are 30w and this one is 40w. The Wow Factor: It has the Fender name. That is good enough for me!

"Bought it & thinking to upgrade - what to do..." submitted February 9, 2013

By John B in Lake County, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Noise maker for over three decades.
Overall: I recently purchased a Mustang II for home play & general noise making. Originally, I was thinking about the Frontman series since it has been years since being in the market for an amp (the Fender sound & quality in an affordable package stayed with me through the years). Then I noticed the Mustang series (new to me). I read the reviews and my curiosity was picqued. Based on the reviews, my price range & need, the Mustang seemed like a no-brainer. Initially I placed an order for the Mustang III. The Celestion speaker, open back, greater solid state wattage, and seemingly easier user interface got my order. After placing the order (back-ordered at the time), I read the reviews closer and became aware of the "fizz" or "hiss" experience/problem. Since most of the time I would be playing at lower volume my confidence waned and questioned, did I really need the added wattage, etc. So, I cancelled the III in time to replace with the II. It has only been a couple of weeks so far since using the II. And I must say this little amp packs an amazing amount of tone, versatility, and volume. I'll add that while still acceptable, the user interface feels less than optimal in a low light environment. So I find myself generally quite satisfied, I must also report that I have found myself considering upgrading to the IV for improved user interface along with stereo capability. In sum, the II is more amp than I'll ever practically need, would definitely recommend for this price range, & sitting on the fence about going over the top & getting the IV just because I can.

When you call, mention priority code 161V-R1HB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976