When you call, mention priority code 206-CGQP

Rating and Reviews: Fender '68 Princeton Amp

The reissued Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb reissue updates this legendary amp's classic all-tube sound with modern sensitivity and increased overdrive.

"Wow!" submitted April 9, 2014

By steven r in rowley, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, playing for 18 years, Own a MIA PRS, MIA Tele, Vintage Gretsch Semi-Hollow, MIJ Jackson
Music Style: Southern Blues, Rock, Hard Rock
Overall: I purchased this from ZZ as a B-Stock, and it is in perfect condition. The sound is amazing, I got rid of my hand-wired boutique amp with 6V6 tubes for this one. It sounds absolutely amazing with my strat and tele. My MIA PRS gets great crunch, in the main input, but you need to use teh secondary input to get a clean tone out of it. This amp is louder than you might think, gets louder up till about 5 and then just gets crunchier, but not tweedish crunch, more like a British crunch (must be the speaker they paired with it). I had some fun this weekend and maxed out the amp with my Strat and it was tonal bliss and the amp cleaned up nice when i rolled the dial back and the strat cleaned up beautifully. The amp is very touch responsive. I highly recommend this amp, if you need something louder just mic it!

"Princeton is king" submitted May 28, 2015

By Chris R in Point reyes, CA
Musical Background: 25 years in music
Music Style: All
Overall: I waited six months to write about this amp as to really evaluate it fairly. First off this has helped me gig with a damaged back ,I can no longer lift the mighty twin. Funny enough my twin never went past 4, but strangely either does this Princeton, it's a mighty beast! I play in a 4 piece band , really a trio with a harp player and my fear was no way it would keep up with drummer, and AmPeg 450 watt bass player. Wrong I'm on top and never drowned out at all with head room to spare. I use it in conjunction with pedal board and we play country, blues, classic rock and some actual metal, Motörhead cover, guess which one? Man this sucker has passed my expectations totally and yes I gave it a four but the only way I give five star is if it gives o.gasms lol. It practically does.. Reverb sweet I never breach 3, tremelo sweet use it sparingly but very tasty, responsive to touch as described, I've only played my hot rod custom mim strat plus with floyd and rio grande pic ups hss. That guitar surpasses my American and has a very versatile array of tones. I can't believe I haven't tryed my lp but soon and I'm sure it will cook! This amp is easy easy just plug your stuff dial in simple easy mostly treb, less on bass as she's bassey for such a small thing. I got scared the other night with some sound cutting out but it was the stupid cable, worried a bit because just added three pedals to my board. I'm sorry to go off subject, but really if you like loud, light , fender sound, versatile with pedals this baby is great. I tryed the hot rod and supersonic first, hot rod to loud, supersonic was to laden with popping switches too bad I wanted that thing in theory, but in the end I got what I need, good tone light package, band able. I heard a sane that goes if your bands too loud for a Princeton your bands too loud, I'm a believer. I had all the Marshall stack stuff 100 watt stuff and really never got to play them to their full tonal potential because of volume issues, I mean you want to hear the vocals right? Well really want you folks to know that this amp is a worthy contender to the stage and studio and I love it! Keep it real, keep it fender! Rock on peeps.

"Vintage Princeton Reverb...Kinda" submitted October 25, 2015

By Andrew B in Independence, MO
Musical Background: Basement rock star
Music Style: Classic rock, 90's, 70's, some hard rock
Overall: So, like so many, I was on the hunt for a new fender Princeton Reverb. But which one...65RI or 68' Custom? I played both extensively and found that the 68 was warmer to my ear. The 65' is a superb amp, but clean all the way. I guess I wanted more breakup than it offered. The 68 starts to breakup at 4.5-5 depending on your pickups. My strat sounds glorious at 4.5, great for srv or Hendrix. I don't really enjoy the amp cranked above 5-6, it just sounds muddy to me. I put a nos 12at7 in mine as well as a 5751 and it gave a little more headroom. I think with a different quality speaker this amp will be perfect! Something In between a stock 65 & 68. I had the 68' custom deluxe, and while I loved it's two channels dearly, it was WAY too loud for home use. It also lacked the warmth and punch this 68 Princeton has. Just a note if your on the fence between the two. Home use or recording=Princeton. I had no issues with clicking tremolo or hissing reverb like I did with my deluxe. Amp is VERY quiet. I give this amp a 4.5/5.0 d/t the so-so speaker for this price point. The V70 Celestine in the deluxe smoked this ten 30.

"pure fender- perfect recording/rehearsal/gigging/everything amp!" submitted July 6, 2015

By Jor-El T in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: semi pro guitarist-gig occasionally
Music Style: Pop, country
Overall: Bought this in January to be my go to amp because I needed something portable and a decent volume to practice in a small apartment. I did loads of research before making an investment and although I hadn't played it in person yet, I knew this was going to the best music purchase I've made ever. This amp is incredible! For MIM I'm impressed with the build quality and performance. This '68 version had a ceramic speaker which I replaced with a Celestion Gold and now she breaks up much earlier and really can get great modern sounds. I love the rectifier tube because it is a natural compression which is perfect for recording and lends a nice warm and natural overdrive. I never have the volume past 3.5 and this thing is the perfect volume (it has plenty of preamp tubes to make sure of that).Love that it comes with footswitch to control the vibrato and Reverb and a nice vinyl cover. Every one who sees this amp compliments not just the good looks but the incredible sound from such a small box. This has the gorgeous good looks of the silver face models (drip edge is super classy and adds a nice touch)from the late 60s. my favorite part about this amp is that now I can carry my entire rig in two hands(tele in a hardshell and only need one hand to lift the now 40 pound Princeton-the Celestion Gold added about 5 lbs). I'm looking forward to buying the 65 reissue and running stereo.

"68 princeton reverb" submitted November 2, 2014

By John M in Valley stream, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 20+years, guitar used to be a gigging musician now i mainly play at home
Music Style: Rock,blues, metal
Overall: Awesome little amp. It is a tone monster , loves pedals also. You cant go wrong here

"fender 68 custom princeton reverb" submitted March 23, 2015

By andre v in walnutport, PA
Musical Background: playing 30 years ,fender telecasters all the way
Music Style: blues and country
Overall: excellent fender tone especially vibrato and reverb ,smooth vintage sound from a small caliber amp, sounds as good as my 65 deluxe reverb

When you call, mention priority code 206-CGQP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976