When you call, mention priority code 20G-JZS0

Rating and Reviews: Bassbreaker 45 Combo Amp

Crank out up to 45 watts of EL34 power with this Fender Bassbreaker. The Normal and Bright channels feature their own volumes to easily dial in stellar tone.

"fender bassbreaker 45" submitted December 8, 2015

By frank diaz in lakeland, FL
Overall
Musical Background: ben playing a long time guitar jam at home
Music Style: rock blues
Overall: it is new and about time fender made a new amp people say its just a copy of the marshall no it is not it is a very nice amp fit and finish outstanding pots smooth grill cloth is black and open sounds so good you can get a lot of sweet tone out of this amp and it has real speakers in it not copys for the money just get the 45 combo it will go from 1 watt to 45 and 1 watt is still loud i got it yesterday and hope to put more time on it today then i will take the back off to see how it looks on the in side so far i am very happy with it buy the way i have a marshall blues breaker amp and stomp box it can sound just like them but has so much more
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"great amp!!" submitted February 6, 2016

By emery j in new kensington, PA
Musical Background: 30 plus years
Music Style: funk,rnb,jazz,soul
Sound: this amp is clasic fender with a good twist... when you play funk or rnb you need good clean sounds and it has it in spades!! Feature: the feature i love is the variable wattage ...anything from one watt to 45...love being able to get dirty without killing my ears Ease of Use: so easy to dial in a good tone controls are very straightforward Quality: love the fit and finish on this this will be my go to amp from now on Value: i believe this amp was worth every penny and then some Manufacturer Support: have not had to deal with them The Wow Factor: come on...it's a fender amp it you want a good reliable amp with good clean sounds that will dirty up a little when you want to get bluesy...this is the amp to get Overall: this new amp from fender is the best i've played in a long time...clean sounds are wonderful and crystal clear as a funk player it was just what i was looking for...my strats sound great and that's all i care about
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Best Amp I've ever Owned with One Minor/Major Gripe." submitted December 15, 2016

By Mark Woods in Austin, TX
Musical Background: 15 or so years
Music Style: Rock and Roll.
Overall: Let me qualify that initial statement with a list of the amps I've owned over the years. A Fender Silverface Bassman 60, a Marshall 100 Watt Super Lead Mk ii (reissue), and a Sunn Beta Lead 2 x 12 Combo. Overall, I've been playing guitar a little over 15 years. These are all very different sounding amps and there were certainly things I liked about each of them, but there were certainly things I didn't like as well. The Bass Breaker 45 most closely resembles my experience with the Fender Bassman 60. You can tell the Bass Breaker's DNA comes from the Bassman Lineage. There's pages worth of information in the differences between Bassman models, so I can't speak to whether it's closer to one model or another. It sounds like a Fender amp, but it breaks up and compresses more like I would expect a low gain Marshall amp would. In some respects, it reminds me of the Marshall amp I owned as well. That's I guess the biggest draw for this amp is that it, more or less, does both. That's always what I wanted out of my Bassman. I wanted it to break up a little earlier when you push the front end harder. This amp, paired with a J. Rockett Silver Archer, has turned into the best rig I've had the pleasure of owning. With that said, I think anybody will tell you there are better amps out there, but this amp, for the price, seems like the better deal to me. Most of the other amps I've played through have felt like I was making a compromise somewhere that inevitably bothered me enough to make a change. It's a loud 45 watt amp and the power scaling is an interesting feature. It's surprisingly loud at one watt. For example, I play it with both volumes at 0 and the power at 1 watt and that's basically bedroom levels for me. I use the silver archer backwards than I typically do and put the gain at 3oclock and the volume at 9oclock. That gets me a manageable volume that sounds overdriven that I can play at home without getting all our neighbors in a fuss. Note, that's in an apartment. Even then, it sounds great and notes sustain a lot longer than I typically would expect them to. It's a nice thing. With all that said, the scaling works less like an attenuator than you might originally think. That's not to say it doesn't have an effect on the volume, it does, but it primarily effects the character of the amp. When does it break up and when do you start hearing compression especially when pushed by an overdrive. These differences aren't as immediately noticeable, but those with an ear for it will hear what I'm talking about pretty quickly. When playing the amp at 'gig volumes' with the scale up to 45 watts headroom increases pretty dramatically. It's about as loud as I want amp to be after owning two notoriously loud amps in the form of the super lead and the beta lead. I chased volume for years until I understood that at some point you can't hear a thing the people are actually playing and it takes away from a show rather than adding to it. You don't need two full stacks in a basement show. People are bound to feel the volume, but they sure can't articulate what chords you are playing. If you've found yourself looking at twin reverbs consider this amp instead. It'll save your hearing and gets the crunch you're looking for at a lower more manageable volume. Even then, I can't imagine anybody complaining about you not being loud enough. Unless they're the guy who's been playing with full stacks in basements for years. Now, that's the things that tell you I'm a fan of the amp. I would not recommend this amp for people looking for a 'high gain' solution. It's not really that kind of amp, and there's other amps that will suit that style a lot better. Do you have an tendency to get on an amp an immediately scoop all the mids? This isn't the amp for you. Finally, my one and only gripe with the amp and this is more of a design thing for me. Initially, I really like the semi-closed back style of the cabinet. I still do like it if I consider the sound alone, but what this means is there's wire mesh and openings on the top of the amp. Under one of those gaps is the amp's power transformer. My immediate concern/paranoia is that someone is gonna eventually put a drink on top of this amp when I'm not looking it's gonna topple over and liquid is immediately gonna find the path of least resistance straight to the power transformer. It would even be a concern should you be playing a show outside and suddenly it starts pouring rain. Are you taking your amp in a venue while it's raining? Probably should make sure you keep the slipcase on it at all times. It reminds me, to some degree, of the little black plastic vents you see on the tops of Marshall Amps, but these are recessed into the amp. It looks great, but it's definitely a concern if you've ever played a show in a basement, had someone bring you drinks while you're playing, etc. Any liquid that hits the top of this amp is going down that hole straight to the transformer. It's worth reconsidering that design decision. It's enough for me to dock it a star in the quality department.

When you call, mention priority code 20G-JZS0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976