When you call, mention priority code 209-C7GD

Rating and Reviews: Fender Bassman 500

Loaded with vintage style and tone, the Bassman 500 head delivers the warm, full sound of a '60s "blackface" model mixed with the growl of a modern bass amp.

"Impressive!" submitted September 16, 2015

By Mike K in Washington, DC
Musical Background: Semi-Pro
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Reggae, Country, Folk
Overall: I have to say, with the lack of any reviews on the web about this amp, I was very nervous about pulling the trigger and buying one. I had already owned the Bassman 100T head before, which I think is a fantastic amp, so I was skeptical that this hybrid version would sound even close. I have to say, my first impressions of the Bassman 500 are extremely positive. I might even say that it sounds BETTER than the Bassman 100T at about 1/3 of the weight. Playing my USA Standard Precision Bass, I was immediately rewarded with warm and articulate tones that were very pleasing to the ear. I also found the Bassman 500 very responsive to my playing, as well as any tonal adjustments made on the fly from my bass. All in all, it appears to be a well-made musical tool. Having just received the amp, I can't yet comment on its reliability, but I think I'm going to be very happy with this amp for a long time! My only criticism of the amp is the price point at just under $800, but I suppose it's comparable to others in its class.

"FANTASTIC AND LIGHT" submitted October 5, 2015

By Jason S in Baldwinville, MA
Musical Background: 35 years on Bass
Music Style: Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Blues you get the idea
Overall: What a great head I have been using a Peavey PRO500 the last few years because it was lighter than my Fender PA100 I get this so I can have that fender tone and be even lighter than the Peavey Well I almost threw it across the room when I took it out of the box What a Difference I will no longer mind hauling my rig anywhere The tone is magical you still get the Tube preamp just a Class D power section The built in "Vintage" on the second channel give it a nice warm tube "Break Up" sound I even ditched my fuzz pedal This amp Is well worth the money and more

"So Far Soooo Good" submitted April 14, 2016

By Barnabas C in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Overall: I own the Fender Super Bassman 300 and love the tone stack in that head so this amp (having the exact preamp as the SB300) sounded great "on paper" at least and the weight was very attractive (17 lbs vs. 65) so I thought I would give it a whirl as a backup to the SB300 and for situations where I am not in the mood to lug my SB300 around....Great amp! Love the overdrive channel and the vintage rocks too. Not as warm as the SB300 but a very nice vibe to it. The more it is pushed the better it sounds....Have used it 4x now in fairly loud rehearsal settings with only ONE bassman Neo 410 and it held it's own against a hard-hitting drummer and a loud Marshall half stack....Also played it once through an Ampeg 810e that was at a rehearsal studio and it was ridiculously awesome! Both guitarists were there at that rehearsal that night and smiled and complimented the tone out of such a lightweight cool looking head !Peak light DOES come on when you push the gain and volume.......so far it DOES NOT and HAS NOT (at least not yet anyways) gone into "protect mode" where it would shut down due to overheating issues....This was my greatest fear of this head (shutting down because it gets hot) and no problems thus far and having seen how it responds when it is pushed I don't foresee having any issues of this nature....No negative effects on tone whatsoever when peak mode light comes on ...the amp continues to pump out impressive tone with the peak light on or the peak light off.....I will take this amp as a backup for my SB300 for sure at all gigs and wouldn't hesitate (at least as of today) to gig this head in a smaller venue where I wouldn't be pushing it "Too" hard and I had both of my Neo 410's .....I like it so much I'm getting a road case for it and (due to the lighter weight) can fly it around with me if needed in the event I am not entirely thrilled when arriving at a show and the backline head looks a bit shoddy ....It's not an SB300 ....but this is a great amp!!

When you call, mention priority code 209-C7GD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976