When you call, mention priority code 14RB-FFYV
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Fender Super Bassman Amp

Fill any venue when you plug into this powerful bass amp head. It's loaded with ten tubes, plus the helpful and revolutionary Fender Automatic Bias system.

"HOLY @#$%!!!!!" submitted March 27, 2014

By Remington R in Athens, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 12 years of music lessons, I was a Music Major in College, I play piano, guitar, vocals, and BASS!
Music Style: Rock, Funk, Jam Bands, Alternative, Anything you can dance to
Overall: Just played my first gig with this head last night. I used an EDEN 410 XLT cab to go with it. WOW! This is the best amp I have heard. I back lined my bass rig so I could hear what the amp sounds like when other bands were using it, and really get the 3rd person perspective on it from the audience POV. It is soooo CLEAN. Its cuts str8 through the mix and yet it doesnt overbear and mask the rest of the band or mud things up. It hits hard when you need it and grooves when you need it. The responsiveness of this amp CANNOT be matched. You can make swells really easily just by plucking harder with your fingers/pick. Just pluck softer and you fade to the background, pluch slowly harder and it moves to the front and takes over the room. When you mute a note and are playing staccato notes it is so tight I cannot put it in words. W e have a few songs where we have a build up and a pause then cut back in then a cut to drum solo and then bass comes in, and my god the crowd cannot get enough. A quote from some rando in the crowd that yelled during our set : "But Dat Bass Though!" hahaha talk about a great feeling when the audience cant stop keeping their jaws dropped drooling all over themselves.The other bands that used this amp:Hearing it from 3rd person, same story. I moved around the room to see the volume and blend of the bass in the mix from different ares of the venue and it just blends right in without being a powerhouse unless the bassist was going for that and laid on his heavy thumpin. It sounds incredilble. The Clean tones on this amp are unbelievable. You cannot find a video anywhere online with a Clean tone to listen to. But let me tell you right now, THE CLEAN tone is where its at. Something about a CLEAN TUBE tone that just makes people smile. The crowd when I was moving around kept talking about how awesome the bass sounds and gave credit to the bassist on stage(granted he was pretty good), but that sound was coming from this head. It it a very full tone that cuts through like a hot knife through butter. I was curious of the overdrive tones from the crowds POV as well. I sure as %$# enjoy the overdrive tone when Im on stage or in practice but from the audience it was even cooler. It beautiful, not dirty and distorted, Im talking perfect Overdrive. You can still hear the rhythm of the bass beat even though the overdrive was cranked, It AMAZING. There was this one song where the band on stage is playing this heavy break down with the bassist doing a walkdown with Overdrive blasting, right as the reach the end of the breakdown the bassist stepped on the channel switch to get that CLEAN tone and cut through the mix with this super tasty beat. this amp is perfect.the Breakdown:-Easy to figure out, yet endless possibilityI figured out my tones in minutes-The Tone Control is amazingpull push pots to make the tones deeper or brighter actually make a clear as day deference in your tone. YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR THE DIFFERENCE. The overdrive tone is easy to figure out as well, with the gain and blend knob you set how mush grit you want with the Gain knob, then choose how much of the Grit you want to mix with your clean tone with the Blend knob-THE VINTAGE CLEAN CHANNEL ROCKSnobody talks about the Clean channel on this thing. It is AMAZING, absolutely beautiful sounding.Very responsive and tubelicious. -THE OVERDRIVE CHANNEL IS THE BEST OUT THEREGuess what you can turn the blend knob to 1 and you now have 2 CLEAN channels, the overdrive channel can also be clean. SO you can have to preset clean channels with one being super bassy and the other really treble and bright and switch with the channel switch. The overdrive tone is amazing though and I normally dont like over drive but damn it isnt ugly sounding with this amp.-Throw away your BigMuff PI you dont need it anymore-Its easy to carry, the handles are great.-The Automatic Bias Systemyou can change the Bias to make the tubes run hotter or cooler by pressing the arrows on the back of the amp until you get the desired tone. The hotter the tubes the grittier and more gain sounding you get, the cooler the tubes are the cleaner your tone gets. AND you have a total of 10 different levels of Bias to choose from.-I cannot say enough about this amp, just go buy one and stop shopping around.YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR AMP. THE SEARCH IS OVER.

"Powerful, thick, all tube tone" submitted March 19, 2014

By Dave H in Redmond, WA
Musical Background: Played bass and guitar for 25 years
Music Style: Southern Rock, Country and Blues
Overall: First impression - this is a big, well made tube amp with huge, warm, room filling tone. It is about 20lbs lighter than an SVT, so an easy schlep for me up two flights of stairs to my apartment. As long as you understand how the Fender passive tone stack works, dialing in a nice clean tone on the vintage channel is really easy. It is clearly a bigger, thicker and more powerful tone than the Mesa Walkabout Hybrid it was replacing. I was able to cop a reasonable SVT tone with it almost immediately, which was great. Pulling out the bass knob acts like a deep switch, which I found more usable than I would have expected, though would likely keep that feature off in a gig at volume. The thing has plenty of lows without it (and I have no use for the treble boost at all). I liked the idea of being able to switch over to a mildly overdriven and more mid-forward tone for cutting through on the more rock-oriented stuff we do. I've been able to get close to that on the overdrive channel, but there is still quite a bit more tweaking I think I need to do to get it where I want it. getting that tone has been a bit more elusive than I would like, but I'll get there. The Super Bassman has all of the features I would want on an amp. The DI is nice to have. There is an 8,4 and 2 ohm switch on the back, so you can match with different cab setups (using a small 8ohm 115 for example for smaller gigs then switch over and power two 810s on the other extreme). The auto biasing system is cool and (having dealt with cranky tube amps in the past) this brings about a certain peace of mind. On the other hand, I wonder how reliable the system itself is as well - in my experience, simpler things are sometimes more reliable. Another feature that is available on the Bassman 100T is the ability to step down the power section to lower wattages - this is really nice, but not part of the Super Bassman design. Not sure why. This amp is designed for big stages, but I suspect most hobbyists use them in clubs and smaller rehearsal venues also, so having the reduced power mode would be nice. Would be great to push the power section a bit without blowing everyone else off the stage. Finally, it's a pricey amp - but you get what you pay for I suppose. This is the kind of amp I could see holding onto for a lifetime and I think its a good investment.

"What a Beast!" submitted May 1, 2014

By David G in Alamogordo, NM
Musical Background: 24 yrs playing bass, cover bands
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Overall: This is in my opinion, the best bass amp I've ever played through! Very clear, awesome headroom, very versitle! I've tried several excellent S.S. Amps with 3 times the wattage of this tube amp and have always had trouble being heard with two Marshall half stalks drowning me out! Not any more! I find myself turning down now!

When you call, mention priority code 14RB-FFYV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976