When you call, mention priority code 1434-GJ5T

Rating and Reviews: Fender Blues Deluxe

This two-channel tweed beauty sings the blues with 40 watts through a 12" Eminence Special Design speaker. Classic Fender spring reverb sweetens your sound.

"The best Blues/Jazz amp there is -" submitted January 13, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist / Retired active musician
Music Style: Blues and only the Blues
Sound: If you play the blues this is your amp. I'm not able to find any other amp that sound as good. The amp just gives me that old bluesy tone. Feature: The amp came with a cover and foot switch and a good manual on the amp. Ease of Use: This amp is really easy to use and to dial in. The amp manual gives you some tips on some settings that you can try out which is useful. Quality: What can I say? Its a Fender amp and we all know what the quality is [10]. The tweed cover is applied perfectly as well as the speaker cloth cover. I use this amp for practice as well as jamming with friends. I have had other Fender amp in the past and they have never given me any problem. Value: Yes, as I already said, this is the best amp that I found for what I need it for [blues, Jazz], as for the price value you well not find a better amp for the money. Manufacturer Support: I never had to call on Fender customer service for any help, so I cannot say how they respond. The Wow Factor: It's just the best amp for the tupe of music I play [Blues, Jazz] Overall: As long as this amp last, it will be my final amp.
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Does anyone really want some other amp?" submitted August 22, 2006

Musical Background: Personal Musician
Music Style: Many, many styles
Sound: Better than a Vox AC 30 Feature: Why not have more drive? Anyway, I can get all the range I need from this amp. Quality: I, too, had a tube go bad right off (the smaller tube). But the dealer gave me a new one. I now works perfectly. Value: Others here have said it. No better amp under a thousand smackers. Manufacturer Support: Like I said. The Wow Factor: It's tweed, man. It's classic tube Fender all the way.
29 of 30 people (96.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Did you buy an amp like this because you like it?" submitted January 14, 2011

By a customer from evenston,net
Overall
Musical Background: "I been around, you know?"
Music Style: Dig some rocks and some rolls
Sound: From the factory, this amp sounds good, no actually, really good, but . . . and I am quite serious here . . . if you want the absolute most from this amp, you must eventually replace all the tubes with vintage American or European made ones. RCA (my choice) or Tung-Sol, or Sylvania or Ken Rad, or Motorola, or GE or any of the vintage makes. You will not believe the difference it makes. Fender knows how to make tube amps. But they don't know how to make good tubes, and there is a big, big difference in the materials they once used compared to the ones they make now. Believe the hype. Your Blues Deluxe will BECOME a new and amazing creature. Feature: Includes the twin-button foot-switch and a very nice woven-material cover that actually fits. It also has a ton of tonal knobs for twisting to your delight. Effects loop, famous Fender reverb, and a drive channel that I (me) can tell makes a difference. It has a gritty, overdrive sound. Not overwhelming, but noticeable. It's a blues, amp after all. Ease of Use: I like it 'cause my physics degree in nuclear fusion is not required to make this thing work. It's old school simple, but has a variety of tonal landscape options. All that and good looks too! Quality: I've had this amp for four years and figure it's proved itself to be reliable and tough. No issues have availed themselves. All parts still work perfectly. I also own a fifty year old Fender Tweed Deluxe that still works perfectly. Go figure. Value: I could not build an amp of this stature for this price. Not even close. Yes, I did look into building one. No other maker, that I am aware, offers an amp with this tone, look, features and power for anywhere near this price. Manufacturer Support: I had a small service requirement which was met instantly by my neighborhood Fender dealer. The Wow Factor: I bought this amp because I like everything about it, not so I can throw rocks at it and bemoan what it won't do. I imagine that's why they make a thousand different kinds of amps. This amp has a way-cool retro look and the vintage Fender sound. Naturally, it works best with, duh, Fender guitars. Overall: I have no plans to purchase another amp. I spent plenty of time researching before I decided on this one. The test drive did it, though. I might go for a Hot Rod Deluxe, which is essentially the same amp, if I didn't like this one so much.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Give me Tweed, or give me . . . what else is there?" submitted March 11, 2008

By a customer from blackfoot.net
Overall
Musical Background: Are you experienced?
Music Style: Uh, Blues, vintage rot and role
Sound: What does an amp gotta have? Tone. I bought the Fender Blues Deluxe reissue because it sounds good, looks good, is priced good and is in no way a pretentious amplifier! Use of a Fender Strat or Tele with this amp is a no brainer if one wants to get out of it what it was designed for: clean, crisp and clear sound on the normal channel, and a slight yet distinct distortion on the drive channel. Tone. It's called a Blues Deluxe because . . . anyone?. . . it's for blues and vintage rock style music! Hey. It's not voiced for metal or any other style which requires extreme distortion or tons of knobs and switches and buttons and lights and stuff. Use an effects pedal if that's your cup of meat. I personally dig a DigiTech RP-350 pedal to achieve the effects which are NOT included in this amp, and I gotta tell yas, it sounds great coming outa this amp. The built-in, adjustable reverb is actual and physical vintage Fender long-spring reverb. It's one of the things that made Fender amps so popular. It has its very own distinct sound. This amp has a fantastic overall tone, which can only be described as "Whole Wheat." It has all the sharp, jagged edges nicely rounded off and still has plenty of color, but the kind color one WANTS in amplified sound. Not flat or dull or one dimensional, it exudes spacial flavors and intricacies not found in most amps in its class. It can be throaty and raw, but still the mids and highs come through nicely. And volume? Whaa? Here let me remove my earplugs so I can hear you. This thing can SPEAK when it needs to. I keep the volume knob at about 2 most times so as not to cause a nosebleed. This one goes beyond ten, or even eleven. This one goes to TWELVE! I have read in some reviews of this amp that a different speaker can be put in to achieve sudden nirvana. So why didn't Fender put in said different speaker? Why did anyone buy an amp that needed a different speaker? I dunno, maybe some people just can't be made happy with what they have. You gotta hear one of these amps though, to really appreciate the great, smooth, rich sound. Suffice to say, I got one. Feature: The amp came with a dust cover and a remote two button foot switch. The dust cover is heavy, olive-brown colored, tightly-woven nylon material with sewn-on, woven nylon edging. Nice looking, with the Fender logo silk-screened on it. The foot switch (stows inside the amp with a velcro strap) has reverb and channel select buttons, is made of heavy duty aluminum with hard plastic sides, and an included extension cord. All work perfectly and are made to last. The foot switch needs rubber feet, though. Ease of Use: As amplifiers go, this one is a fairly easy to use. I mean, it has On and Standby switches, the ever-so-cool Fender gem light, enough Bakelite chicken-head knobs to keep it interesting (8 of 'em) and to dial-in the tone, 1/4 inch pre-amp out, power-amp in, foot switch and external speaker jacks. Not too hard for the average rocket scientist. Quality: My Blues Deluxe has been in action for about a year as of this writing and is working perfectly, exactly as expected. I do not, however, beat-up, pound, gash, thrash or throw-about my equipment. The Blues Deluxe is not intended to be a "roadie-proof" amp, for it is covered in beautiful lacquered, woven-tweed-cloth material (just like the vintage Fender deluxe guitar cases, straps and gig bags), which is not bullet-proof stuff. It doesn't even have metal corner protectors, so expect to be a little more diligent in the "take care" department, that is, if one doesn't want it to become stained, frayed, scratched or damaged from "stooge-boy" rough handling. This amp is very well put together with no sloppy workmanship. Fender's quality control is as auspicious here as ever. I would not have purchased it had it been otherwise. Value: I give this amp an eleven on the value scale. One doesn't have to look too hard at the "other" amplifier manufacturer's prices to be convinced otherwise. Fender has achieved excellent value-to-pricing on this amp. There is no way I could build this amp for anywhere near it. Oh sure, it is now made in old Mejico, but that is to be expected these days. it proves not an issue with this amp though, and as stated earlier, this one is very well made, very cleanly put-together. Manufacturer Support: As expected, Fender has ubiquitous factory-approved dealers to handle and take care of its valued customers. It has always been that way, as it should. I don't understand why anyone thinks it necessary to call Fender on the phone or email them for assistance. "Hello, is this Fender? Can I talk to Fender?" Why, if that were the case, Fender would be swamped with all manner of not only valid, but largely nonsensical and imbecilic queries that require an expensive, unnecessary army of people to do nothing but answer phones and emails. Not very productive, and certainly drives the cost of doing business through the roof. The army of existing Fender dealers are more than capable of solving problems, I know, as I actually had a small one, once. The Wow Factor: Hey it's tweed cloth! You know, like the ones they made in the fifties. It oozes cool. Y'all can have yer tolex. Give me tweed, or give me . . . nothing! Overall: I invested some serious investigative time prior to my decision to purchase this particular amplifier, so as to make sure I made the right choice. I did. This amp is beautiful, in sound, in looks, in smell. That's right, it smells good too. All tuby and warm. You think that's weird? Well, I bet most people like that smell. Anyway, after playing many, many amps, this one had the vintage vibe I was after. It was not a hard decision. I also liked its cousin, the Hot Rod Deluxe, but at the time, the "Rod" didn't come in tweed, so, even though I don't get the third "more drive" channel the "Rod" has to offer, I do gots the tweed, and I have not looked back. Now, if this here amp ever decides to blow-up, or burn-down, or burn-up, I would get another just like it, or, I would go broke and get the hand-wired version; the '57 amp or the Twin Amp to go along with my '57 Strat. Whooee!
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fender excellence" submitted May 26, 2013

By Manuel Asenjo in Rosario, NA
Musical Background: semi-proffesional guitar player
Music Style: Blues, funk, jazz, rock, pop, bossa
Sound: The sound is fantastic. The cleans are great and you have a really organic drive channel to play blues and classic rock. If you want it you can add a distortion pedal in front of the amp.. It takes pedals pretty nice Feature: The reverb is AMAZING Ease of Use: Plug in and go! As simple as that! I didnt need to tweak the knobs to get the sound i wanted Quality: It's made to gig Value: Great price great sound Manufacturer Support: I bought a fender blues deluxe and when i played it at home for the first time. It didn't turn on, so i presented my complain to the music shop but there wasn't more amps like this in stock so they had to communicate with fender (argentina) And 2 days latena new fender blue deluxe was arriving to my home... So it was a very good service The Wow Factor: It did surpriseme how well it sound when i cranked the volume up Overall: Great great great amp.. For gigging practicing and recording

"Yes Virginia, it even sounds better than it looks! Blee Dat!" submitted May 11, 2007

By a customer from guitarman.com
Overall
Musical Background: Are you experienced?
Music Style: I like to Rock
Sound: I am SERIOUS! This is what ALL amplifiers try to grow up to be! The legendary Fender amp tube vibe. Ahhh. I could listen all day and all night and all afternoon . . . Feature: Has all the good stuff, but not tremolo. Don't knw why. I like a little tremolo with my morning donuts and tea. But still, what do you want, power steering? Ease of Use: Gots the knobs of the knobs, wid the chicken heads on 'em so's you can really yank and crank. Simple. Has a power cord. Has a two button foot switch that just plugs right in. Even a very, very not so bright type could do it. Quality: Fender is still 'king o' the heap' when it comes to plain and simple well made stuff. Like always. I said it. Don't you forget it. Value: I am very happy to have spent the cash to get this amp. It's not too cheap though, you know, like 'did I really get my money's worth?' Spend enough to know you got something good. Manufacturer Support: Dealer. Think dealer. That's where you get Fender support. It works. The Wow Factor: Now this amp has the look that, well, has been copied over the years by numerous big-name amp makers. But who started it? Overall: This amp is going to go and go and go, I know. I did research and tried a bunch of amps (mostly Fender) before I bought this one. It's a no-brainer; when you hear it, you know it. Don't mess around wasting your time with others. This is a case of Fender made it, good enough.
25 of 27 people (92.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GO TWEED OR GO HOME" submitted February 5, 2013

By drew leitch in lewes, DE
Musical Background: guitar 15 years,
Music Style: blues,vintage rock and roll
Sound: amazing fender clean,you can expierement with the volumes and gain to get classic blues tone and overdrive the tubes to get a vintage rock and roll sound.this is my first all tube amp and the difference between tube and solid state?it's like the difference between hearing a concert on tv or actually being at the concert. Feature: I use an epiphone les paul which has gibson 57'classic humbuckers,and i get an incredible vintage sound.i use both pu's on the clean channel for a robust,full bodied sound.and switch to the bridge pu in the gain channel for a tight overdrive for leads. Ease of Use: the knobs are easy to use.its a simple amp and nearly impossible to find a bad tone i turn down the treble a little until the speaker breaks in. Quality: seems like a very well built amp.but i treat it with all possible care.i am totally in love with this.so i treat it like a loved one.but the craftsmanship is very good. Value: for this amp $769.00 is good it sounds like a deluxe reverb,but $400.00 cheaper,and has two channels,and tweed! i chose this amp over the the deluxe reverb even if the prices were switched. Manufacturer Support: never had the need to deal with fender,but this has a five year warrenty,and ther are about 100,000 authorized dealers locally that i'm sure could help me if needed. The Wow Factor: wow some times when i'm playing it sounds as if there is a dragon moving around in there,the tone is that good! Overall: this amp is everything i'll ever need,clean fender tone channel and drive channel for overdriving the tubes.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"What you see is more than what you thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted August 19, 2013

By Jerry Berkstresser in Altoona, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Started playing in 1960, Silvertone guitar and 6x10 120 watt Silvertone amp. Played clubs, parties, receptions, and community
Music Style: most all classic 60's and standard tunes, ventures and anything melodic
Overall: Have owned and played this blues deluxe for a couple few years and it is most versatile in jazz and blues or in classic R&R. A little break in time for the speaker and it will sound so much more sweeter, just be patient and there is no need to change the speaker or any other components. Plenty of volume and headroom plus great with pedals.

"one of the most versatile vintage styled amps on the market" submitted March 25, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Music Style: Blues / rock
Sound: this amp is made for blues and thats what it does best, the warm smooth neverending tone is what dreams are made out of, depending on the guitar your playing though it the sound can get a little "muddy" but a little biasing will fix this no problem. this is one of the most punchy and expressive amps ive used. in a band situation on stage or in the studio, i wouldnt use any other amp, records beautifully and has the power for stage work, at the moment im running a big efx board strait in, the efx loop as with any other amp can be a big tone sucker so i dont use it, guitars i play though it are: ibanez pristige, fender strat( kenny wayne shepherd sig model) and another highly modified strat Feature: this amp has everything a misician needs, the cleans are rich with that classic fender tone and the drive is just as good, the reverb is probably the best ive heard. Ease of Use: you can get exactly the tone you want out of this amp in about 10 seconds... very simple strait forward amp to use Quality: build quality isnt the best, i found many lose screws inside the chassis on the board, and the reverb unit was loose but other than that, its built like a tank. Value: this amp is worth every cent. Manufacturer Support: from past experiences with fender and fualty products i rate their customer care very highly. The Wow Factor: the amp is a work of art, the tough tweed finish and the brown grill give it that vintage rebel vibe and feel Overall: i love this amp, if it burnt out, id fix it, if it was stolen i would get another one, i wouldnt change it for any other amp in the world... besides mabe a twin reverb :P
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great amp for live gigs" submitted December 1, 2012

By Sergio V in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player from 16 years. Playing live gigs.
Music Style: Blues, Rock.
Overall: Great sound and powerful amp in a relatively compact size for a tube amp. It has the classic fender tweed tone plus some nice modern features like double channel and effect loop. Killer look. It has become my main live gig rig. Got it as blemished and saved 200$...the amp didn't have a scratch!

"The right choice!!" submitted July 26, 2013

By Justin P
Musical Background: Hobbiest, Praise Team member
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock, P&W
Overall: I spent months researching amps, testing every one I could find and going back and forth with what I wanted. I eventually narowed it down to the Blues Deluxe and the Blues Jr, the fact that zZounds had a blemished Blues Deluxe for less than a new Blues Jr. helped me decide, and it was the right decision. Just an amazing amp, beautiful clean sound with plenty of headroom. If you want a hardcore metal amp, go somewhere else, if you want a great clean tone that will get dirty when you dig in then you've found it. It is LOUD, even still, I have no problem playing it with the family asleep and still sounding good. I purchased a Hot Box volume box so I could get those tubes going and still maintain a respectable volume and I couldn't be happier. If you want a nice clean sound to use as a foundation for pedals and a Drive channel that adds just a bit if dirt then you can't go wring with the Blues Deluxe. And it looks cool, always a bonus.

"Awesome Amp" submitted November 21, 2012

By todd sommerville in thomasville, NC
Musical Background: guitar and bass about 3 years
Music Style: blues, rock, and funk
Overall: My first tube amp i was amazed by the power and sound of 40 watts compared to the 75 watt solid state amp i replaced, this amp blows it away great playing dynamics play soft it sounds soft play hard it gets hard and loud crystal clear tone and great reverb this is a blues amp so it has a warm tone even with the drive turned up but hook up a distortion pedal and your ready for anything nice having the footswitch its super simple and built like a tank i would recommend this guitar for any type music except metal

"Fender Blues Deluxe" submitted January 15, 2014

By Jimmy F in Madison, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing awhile on bass, but have been playing guitar the last couple of years. I play with some fellows & play at the house
Music Style: Older classic funky R&B & anything that sounds good!
Overall: I really dig the sound of this amp, very warm vintage vibe. Excellent for the old R&B tunes like Eddie Floyd, Wilson Pickett, etc.... Not for today's sound at all! If you want the older sound this does the job and well within an affordable budget!

"Great Amp!" submitted November 6, 2013

By Robert Talley in Brunswick, GA
Overall
Musical Background: over 50 years playing.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian.
Overall: This amp is great at what it's intended for: blues and classic rock, etc. I've seen some reviews that say you need to replace the speaker, but the stock speaker sounds great. I may invest in a celetion vintage 30 later, but I will wait until the stock one gets broken in to see how it sounds. The tweed rocks also! Love it!

"The New Blues Deluxe Re-Issue..." submitted October 31, 2006

By a customer from stny.rr.com
Musical Background: Semi-Retired Professional
Music Style: Blues, Southern Rock, Classic Stuff...Even bluegrass & Country...
Sound: Absolutely amazed by the power...I have a 100 Watt Carvin...ANd needed something smaller...Well...It's only smaller in size... Feature: I like the overdrive of the Hot Rod Deluxe a little better...But...This can get a little muddy also... Ease of Use: One of the reasons I stick to Fender & Carvin...Straight forward design & simplicity...Easy to use... Quality: It appears to be really well made...BUT...I'm still afraid of the Mexican stuff...Though the quality does seem to have gotten better lately... Value: A 40 Watt tube machine in the $600-$700 range...With the balls of this thing ?...Can't go wrong... Manufacturer Support: Would like a little more comprehensive manual... The Wow Factor: Nice tweed...brings back the deja vu...As Yogi Berra would say... "All over again"... Overall: I'm always searching...But...This is tubed...And...Not too heavy...The 2-12 Hot Rod Deville...&...The 4-10 Blues Deville next to it needed a fork lift...&...It takes an extension speaker if needed...It's got balls of brass...And...A nice vintage tone...Reverb could be a little stronger...
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Fender Blues Deluxe Customer Review submitted August 14, 2006

Overall
Sound: The sound is fantastic. This amp really fits with the blues Rory Gallagher style I play. It sounds best using the neck pickup on my U.S standard strat but can really get the best from my guitar. Feature: There isn't really that many features. I like the drive on it but it really isn't that different from the clean channel (which is top class). Sometimes you want it to be slightly more overdriven but in its defence it is a replica of 50's style. If you want to get a great wide ranging distortion, buy an Ibanez Tube Screamer. The range in tone is great. Ease of Use: If you are facing the amp the dials seem to be the wrong way round. I find this unusual but not a big problem. Quality: I bought one and within two days I started noticing a sporadic popping noise, a random squeal, and a drop in volume. It is being fixed with Fender now. Their U.K support is reportedly quite good but that said I haven't got it back just yet. I also tried a hot rod deluxe (essentially a hot rodded blues deluxe)in the shop and I noticed it wasn't working properly. Again could have been a faulty tube and not the end of the world but it's really annoying to have to send a new amp back to be fixed when you've just got it. Trust me. The amp is made in Mexico, something that Fender don't boast. Value: I paid 800 euro. Bit pricey The Wow Factor: It looks great

"blues amp" submitted July 6, 2014

By Gary Paulson in indpls, IN
Musical Background: 40 years I just play at home now use to play in a band
Music Style: Country rock and blues
Overall: I love my amplifier I ordered from zz sounds it sounds awsome they are great to do business with I recomend them to anyone thanks zz sounds

Fender Blues Deluxe Customer Review submitted June 6, 2008

By a customer from msstate.edu
Music Style: Blues, Classis Rock
Sound: This is a great amp to build a guitar setup around. The clean sound is about the best out there. Loads of bass. I really like this amp becuase it comes stock with about one of the best speakers you can get. It has great response to your feel. At first I thought only 40 watts and one speaker...it cant be that loud, but I was wrong. This amp can sing. Get this amp and get a few pedals and you have a top of the line setup. Feature: Doesnt have any built in effects, though it does have two channels. Its got the great tweed cover, which in my opinion is the classiest. Ease of Use: Turn it on and plug in and your in heaven. This amp is sort of like your BOSE wave amp. Its small but it packs a punch. Dont need a huge cabinet. It meshes will with the level of the acoustic drums without needing to mic it. Gig or practice its great. Quality: It will last longer than you will. Value: Probably the best sounding amp out there for this price. Manufacturer Support: You shouldnt ever need it. Overall: If you thinking about buying a super reverb, I would really consider buying this over it. Its about the same loudness and maybe even better sound quality. I'm telling you this is a great amp.

"fender blues deluxe" submitted October 14, 2012

By megan h in middletown springs, VT
Musical Background: play at home, played 3 years
Music Style: blues
Overall: best amp ever made! nothing competes!

"Awesome amp!" submitted October 17, 2013

By Robert T in Brunswick, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar 50 years!
Music Style: Christian contemporary, classic rock.
Overall: This amp is a steal for the price you pay. Super warm tube sound. I see why it is rated 5 stars!

"great amp but let's not get confused" submitted July 30, 2008

Overall
Sound: it is a fender tube amp with a fender reverb. that shoudl be enough for most of us. harcore tube heads will look at the deluxe reverb or twin perhaps... Feature: well, it has a bit more with the channel switching and all. compared to the other standard fenders-it has more features. the quality of which is another story but i rate it high at 8. Ease of Use: not hard to dial in tasty tones. very easy indeed. if you can't operate the control panel and foot pedal-there is a problem that no amp can fix. Quality: the only issue i've seen is the tweed. it is not laquered tweed as i compare it to the reissue bassman it sits next to at a studio i live at. the tweed is inferior and can fray. what can i say? Value: i think bang for buck is very high here. where else can you get this kinda quality for this price? i paid more for a 1x12" cab! Manufacturer Support: i've had 4 fender amps over the years and have never called them once. that includes a 70's silverface twin. no issues. built like tanks-understand, all of my fender amps are made in the usa-can't speak for the ones made abroad. Overall: guys and gals, this is a great amp but let's not pretend it is in the same catagory as the blackface era amps or even their reissues. the tweedis not lacquered and tweed alone does not make an amp. that's silly. also, plese don't think the chicken head knobs are still made of bakelite-they are plastic and thank goodness cause now we know it'll last.

"blemished and broken" submitted March 17, 2014

By b k in phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: playing about 30 years. play mostly guitar and bass
Music Style: rock www.thebrowntones.com
Overall: i bought the blemished model. when i got the box it was caved in in the back and the back of the amp wood was broken, held together by the fabric. also, whatever punctured the box had some oil or grease on it, so that's there too. also, the amp had a loud feedback when i turned it on, not fixed by tweaking knobs, unplugging the amp, using different cords or guitars. luckily it was of course under warranty, so i took it to a store and they had it farmed to an amp repair guy. got it back and it sounds amazing. this is the sound i have been waiting for, for a long time. round and solid. i don't know if the blemish was that broken and old-stained panel on the back or if that happened in shipping to my house, or if the blemish was the apparently loosely-soldered reverb tank, but from the front it looks and sounds perfect now.

"Great Amp!!! Own it for over 10 Years" submitted July 18, 2007

Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock
Sound: I bought the Amp in 1995 and it’s been solid. Great tone! I love the amp and will never get rid of it. After all these years it still produces the same warm tone. For a 40W Amp, it gets very loud and the sound is crystal clean. I use a Start-plus and a Boss GT6 for my as my effects pedal and the sound range is fantastic. You can do clean jazzy stuff and also push it to a real heavy metal sound. I would not trade this amp for anything (may have to do some tube work at some point). Feature: I am not big on amps with built in effects so for Clean or Heavy blues and Classic Rock sounds - It's great Ease of Use: Not much to it - just a few knobs Quality: The only problem I had with the amp is with the 1/4in input jacks. The bottom part of the 1/4in input jacks is plastic and over time as you plug and unplug the cable, they break off. I replaced them all with metal ones. Value: I bought the Amp in 1995 and it’s been solid. I would not trade this amp for anything (may have to do some tube work at some point). Manufacturer Support: Neber used it The Wow Factor: The 60 look is ok, but only if you like it - I love the sound, but could do without the yellow covering

"Versatile vintage sound at a reasonable price." submitted September 8, 2010

By a customer from ymail.com
Music Style: Jazz, R&B, Rock
Sound: The clean settings are very reminiscent of older medium wattage point to point wired tube amps from Fender. The reverb is nice too but not as loose as some vintage. Tonal range is wide and versatile, but this amp excels at dialing in vintage warm with airy highs. You can add a little crunch and more mids for a modern presence too. With the second channel engaged, the shimmering highs and low end give way to a more mid range rawness that feels like you have added winding to your pickups. The amp cabinet seems to be tuned to produce an abundance of low end even with the bass knob set low. The cabinet resonance evens out nice however in medium and larger rooms. Overall this amp is ideal for small combo gigs where you can keep up with reasonable volumes. It also works well in larger venues where a mic is required. I will note that this amp "mics-up" very nicely. You will discover the way it responds dynamically when you are in the right amplitude zone. Feature: This amp covers most of my needs, I could have hoped for the footswtich to be included, and perhaps a little better quality speaker. Ease of Use: If you are looking for a vintage style amp, and don't want to spend thousands, this amp will do nicely. Quality: The amp is made well. I bought mine in the mid 90's, gig often with only this amp in tow. (my other amps include point to point wired tube amps: 1964 Twin Reverb, 1967 Pro Reverb, Vox AC15. With this amp, and with my Peavey Delta Blues I worried about the durability of circuit board based designs but in over 15 years, I have only had issues with tubes. Some sort of vibration isolation might improve tube life. Value: Although this amp have increased in price by several hundred dollars since I bought mine, it still is reasonably priced. Perhaps it is even a bargain when you compare quality of sound with the vintage boutique amps. Manufacturer Support: I have had no experience with Fender service. I have not needed it. The Wow Factor: This is not an exotic piece. Its appeal is practical. Overall: I need an amp just like this. I am happy with it .It sounds great and is small and light enough to simplify the gig rig.

"Fender Tube." submitted February 12, 2006

Overall
Music Style: What ever sounds good.
Sound: This Amp is a Tone MONSTER!!! I have never heard a better sounding amp in my life... i tryed a Hot Rod or whatever... not even close just pay the damn extra $20,i also tryed pevey's new "valve" Amps and they also dont even come close to this. Feature: This amp has 2 channels, Clear, and tube overdrive. This is one of the reasons i picked this amp over the Hot Rod, it also has a footswitch that i dont really understand how it works because i cant get it to Turn the Drive off. Quality: Made In Mexico... i dont really think it matters seems very sturdy.. im not worried about it breaking. Value: i got it for 20 bucks cheaper but it deffintly is worth the buy. Manufacturer Support: havent Dealt with the company yet... hopefully never will have to. The Wow Factor: This amp is pretty ugly, but who cares?? it sounds awesome. Overall: I really like this Amp... i might traid it for a Double Reverb if possible though.

"So far, an excellent choice" submitted September 26, 2012

By Rick P in Raleigh, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a processional guitarist, that graduated from Berklee in 1981.
Music Style: My style is being versatile, but I get off on Jazz, Blues, Gospel, Reggae, Rock, R&B or whatever is grooving. U digg!
Overall: The amp is only a few weeks old, but so far, its living up to the hype. Its a monster, on and off the stage. It produces nice crisp, rich tones that really enhances your sound. Its also an extremely powerful and compact amp, that doesn't need to be cranked up. I play in very large areas and this amp is more than sufficient. The only thing that troubles me, is that the handle seems a little flimsy. But so far, no problem. I love it!

"Working Musicians Amp. Blues Deluxe" submitted April 3, 2011

Music Style: Blues/rock
Sound: this amp is a very good recording or gig amp. I have played through the 59 bassman amps (American Made) for years and was on the fence about buying a smaller (Made In Mexico) Blues Deluxe. Well, If you have the $$$$$ thousands , to purchase an original Bassman, go ahead, but if you are not in that position, the re-issue Blues Deluxe is more than enough amp. The distortion channel is not the greatest so i use the clean channel and run an Ibanez tube screamer , with an old Gibson Les Paul, and the clean channel is absolutely awesome with a strat or a tele. The Tweed Blues deluxe series are just that, Classic Blues sound, not heavy metal. I also like that it is smaller than a normal combo amp and comes with a cover and foot switch for channel switching. Like I said, the distortion channel isn't the greatest but it is definitely acceptable. There are mods out there for all of the re-issue Fender amps which make them top of the line, but overall, I ain;t complaining. I got a great deal on a great amp that rocks. Thanks ZZounds Feature: It came with a brown Fender logo cover and foot switch, and an instruction manual. It would be cool if it came with wheels, but otherwise, it works as is. Ease of Use: pretty easy instructions. Quality: honestly, It doesn't have the sound or quality of the American Made original Blue Deluxe amps, but for the price, it will do. Tubes, Tubes, Tubes, you have to carry spare tubes with you, just in case, 6l6 and 12ax7. Value: obviously I wish all Fender Amps were cheaper but the price was in the ball park. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to call. The Wow Factor: it's a Fender. Period. Overall: I will stick with this until I can afford a $6000 original 1959 Bassman, and it will be my gig amp until somebody talks me into selling it to them, ha

"Get the BDRI...Trust me, it's that good!" submitted August 10, 2006

Musical Background: Weekend Warrior
Music Style: Classic Rock, Grunge, Heavy
Sound: what can I say......how about LOUD! This is 40 watts of pure Fender bliss in my opinion. For the price, you can't get a better sounding amp. Feature: Just your basic class B tube amp features here. 2 channels Clean and just a lil' bit of dirtiness. You also get two inputs one of them (#2) helps in giving you a bit more clean room. Good for humbuckers and what not. I prefer plugging my single coil Strat into input #1. The accutronics reverb is descent if you keep it on a lower level. The prescense knob also works to my surprise! The BDRI is a solidly built tank, similar in build quality to a Peavey Classic. But thats where the similarities end! This Fender will kick a Classic to the curb anytime! Ease of Use: Cmon man! it has Bass, Treble, and Mid knobs. If you don't know how to use them by know, then take up drums! Quality: The BDRI is made well. The tweed used is quality and properly finished. I am a weekend jammer and can honestly say that after a year of ownership it has never ever gave me any problems. If you take care of it, this amp will last you a lifetime! Value: Best value on the market at the moment! You can not get a better tube amp for the money. Shoot! you can't get a better tube amp for under $1000 period! Manufacturer Support: I have never had to deal with Fender customer service! The Wow Factor: I love the tweed look, very classic looking! Overall: Get the BDRI you will have made the right decision!

"MADE IN MEXICO" submitted January 10, 2006

Musical Background: touring musician
Music Style: country
Sound: The amp is a great amp. I liked the sound, however the problem is this. Fender has reissued this amp with a high price tag and i was convinced at first it was a good deal. until i seen the "made in mexico" on the back. Nobody is advertising this fact in the magazines. and it's not fair! Value: Hot Rod amps are still made in the usa and about 75 bucks cheaper Manufacturer Support: Fender's home page has no "contact fender" to ask about the product only reference pages to ask a certified fender dealer The Wow Factor: i was sold on the amp until i realized the quality of the craftsmanship Overall: If i would have purchased this item for the going rate. I would have kept it forever. cause you'll never re-sale a non-usa fender product for half of what u pay for it...

"Don't Buy This Low-Grade, No Quality Control from Fender, Junk" submitted November 4, 2007

Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock, & Jazz
Sound: Excellent clean tones, but the distortion end is garbage. The reason I gave it a 10 is that it does replicate the true-to-form Vintage Fender bell tones and chimes with the wind. Feature: Very limited on features to say the least. You have a channel select switch, and a pseudo reverb that doesn't work 3/4 of the time. When I bought this amp, I had to go through 4 units before I got one that actually worked with the footswitch (reverb). In my opinion, there is something wrong with the reverb portion of this amp. QA on Fender's part is horrendous. Ease of Use: Easy contols (due to not having many to deal with in the first place). In other words, don't expect much in terms of controls. It has the basics if you get my drift. Quality: Tweed material is low-grade made-in-Mexico straw in my opinion. The thing is getting frayed everywhere in terms of the tweed thread breaking leaving portions of it sticking out all over the enclosure. The backplate (tweed also) doesn't fit the unit correctly, so there's a visible gap both in front and back of the control section on top. Again, Fender's QA needs to be addressed. Value: Not really worth the asking price of 650.00 plus USD. Should be more in the range of $350.00 tops. Manufacturer Support: Called on this one several times and e-mailed. Only response I would get is "take it back to the dealer." No real technial savvy person available to answer REAL questions. The bottom line, Fender's support team is subpar in my humble opinion. If I were basing the purchase on technical support, I wouldn't buy Fender products. The Wow Factor: The yellow tweed look is getting old. Vintage is nice and all, but the qualit of the pseudo-tweed material (made in Mexico) is low grade cheap stuff. Almost like those cheap straw hats you can buy at flea markets. No kidding, the construction of this unit is crap. Not to mention the white paint on the top to identify controls will rub off within 3 to 4 months of use. Seriously, this is a garbage made unit. I wonder if it would be higher quality if they quit outsourcing to Mexico? Overall: It's really crap, but I figure I would give it a 5 based on the good tone on clean channel. The drive channel is virtually worthless, so if you're going to use a Gibson Les Paul (or other LP brand) to play rock or heavy metal, steer clear of this wreck waiting to happen. If you're into the Blues, then it's worth purchasing, but not at the price it sells for currently. More along the lines of $350.00 tops would be reasonable. I would say go to eBay and buy a used one there. You'll see how many are available which should speak for itself. People don't sell good gear for cheap that they've only have for a few months. Rather than eat restocking fees from vendors, they're opting to list them on eBay. (IMHO)

When you call, mention priority code 1434-GJ5T. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976