When you call, mention priority code 12F5-FM1X

Rating and Reviews: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III

The Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III is a modern classic. With 40 watts of tube power and three gain channels, it delivers searing, high gain to crisp clean tones.

"If you're thinking about it, buy it." submitted April 15, 2011

Music Style: Ambient, Experimental
Sound: Great sounding amp for the money. Has a super clean channel and the effects loop is awesome. The amp's distortion leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't really mind it too much because I tend to use mine with distortion pedals. This amp gets LOUD, by the way. I've never needed to turn it all the way up, nor do I want to. I played a gig in Chicago (1150 capacity venue) with the older version of this Hot Rod and it held up just fine (amp was mic'd, of course). So far this amp has held up to my expectations. Feature: Came with a cover (which is good because I don't want it to get dusty) and a footswitch for the channels. Effects loop is a plus, the reverb and delays sound fuller and more dynamic through it. Ease of Use: I was fairly familiar with this amp before I bought it; many of my peers use Hot Rods for local gigs. Still, I'd say it's fairly easy to wrap your head around it. Shouldn't take any more time to tweak the knobs than for other amps. Quality: This really is a workhorse of an amp. Looks really strong and sturdy, and like I said before many of my friends use Hot Rods...so that's a testament to their reliability. It's great for practice and has more than enough power for most venues. I plan on having my Hot Rod III around for a very long time and maybe I'll upgrade to one of its bigger brothers down the road. Value: Great buy. If you're looking to get a fantastic tube amp and a whole lot of bang for your buck, look no further. Excellent craftsmanship. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with Fender yet. The Wow Factor: This is a "no frills" amp, so it won't be the most interesting to look at...but I enjoy the simplicity. It's clean cut and professional. Everything I want and nothing I don't. Overall: This amp will satisfy my needs for a long time. I plan on taking it into the studio with me to record sometime this summer.

"THE NEW FENDER HOTROD DELUXE III, WORKS FOR ME !" submitted March 27, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: WEEKEND WARRIOR, 30 YEARS PLUS TAX !
Music Style: CLASSIC ROCK,BLUES,COUNTRY !
Sound: I THINK THE SOUND OVERALL IS GOOD AND SOMEWHAT IMPROVED OVER THE EARLIER VERSION OF THIS AMP,HOWEVER I STILL FIND IT NECESSARY TO SWAP OUT THE SPEAKER (I USE A TONE TUBBY CERAMIC 40 WATT)AND THE TUBES(JJ's) TO OBTAIN A TONE THAT I PREFER, I THINK THE STOCK CELESTION IS A BIT BRITTLE AND DOESN'T REALLY LET THE AMP SHINE, JUST MY OPINION, I USE THE CLEAN CHANNEL WITH VARIOUS PEDALS AS I STILL DON'T FEEL THE DRIVE CHANNELS ON THE HOT ROD SERIES WORK FOR ME, I DO FEEL THE CHANGES THAT WERE MADE TO THE EQ SECTION IS NOTICEABLE(BASS MID TREBLE ) RESPOND BETTER AT EACH INCREMENT, I USE IT LIVE FOR SMALL TO MEDIUM INDOOR VENUES,PLENTY LOUD. Feature: ONLY REAL ACCESORIES I WOULD SAY IS REVERB WHICH IS GOOD,WHICH HAS COME TO BE EXPECTED WITH FENDER AMPS, ONCE AGAIN AS I STATED ABOVE THE FACTORY CELESTION SPEAKER SEEMS THIN/CHEAP/BRITTLE, I FEEL FENDER CHEAPS OUT ON THERE SPEAKER SELECTION AT THIS PRICE LEVEL AMP. Ease of Use: ALL SIMPLE KNOBS, DIDN'T GET A MANUAL WITH MINE(BOUGHT IT AS FACTORY RESEALED)THAT COULD BE WHY ???, HOWEVER IT IS SIMPLE TO OPERATE AND DIAL IN A USEABLE SOUND QUICKLY. Quality: I FEEL THE QUALITY OVERALL IS GOOD, NO NOTICABLE BLEMS, I THINK IT WILL HOLD UP FINE "ON THE ROAD", AS MY PREVIOUS HOT ROD DELUXE HELD UP GOOD WITH NORMAL MAINTENANCE(TUBES). Value: PRICE IS OK FOR AMPS UNDER A GRAND ! Manufacturer Support: NEVER HAD TO USE FENDER SUPPORT AND I CHANGE TUBES AND SPEAKERS ALMOST RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX SO I SUPPOSE MY WARRANTY IS VOID ANY WAY !!! The Wow Factor: I THINK ITS MUCH SEXIER WITH TONE TUBBY SPEAKER AND JJ TUBES(TWO ITEMS I INSTALLED IMMEDIATELY) AND THE NEW BLACKFACE CONTROL PANEL ! Overall: I EXPECT TO KEEP AND USE IT FOR A LONG TIME AS IT SOUNDS GOOD,DOESN'T BREAK THE BANK OR YOUR BACK !!!
11 of 17 people (64.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Hot Rod Delux iii," submitted August 28, 2012

By John K in Midlothian, VA
Musical Background: Fender,Jackson,Ovation,Takemine....Professional Musician
Music Style: Country, Classic Rock, Rock...
Overall: Awesome Product, I Just Love This Amp....Very Glad I Purchased This Type Of Amp... Very Satisfied...

"Blues Legend" submitted January 3, 2011

Music Style: Blues Rock
Sound: This amp has blues written all over it.Not to mention Classic rock.More power than I will ever need.But if I did need more sound,this amp has you covered.Do your self a favor and try one out.You'll fall in love with it.I know that I'll never need another amp,this one is built like a tank.

"Fender hot rod deluxeIII" submitted February 9, 2014

By Linda T in Port Angeles, WA
Overall
Overall: Ok, so the first amp I purchased developed issues within two days of owning it. So Zzounds sent me another Hot Rod Deluxe III, it arrived within two days. So far this one has held up with no issues. I could have gone with a hot rod devile or a twin reverb but, I don't need 60 or 85 watts. 40 watts from this amp will do nicely for a pretty good size venue. If I need more volume, I can just mic it into the PA. This Amp sounds very nice for the price range. Classic Fender clean tone, the overdrive doesn't sound all that bad. Metallica definitely does not live in this amp however. Great sounding hard working little amp.

"Do your self a favor and go try one out,now!No better amp out there for me.More than enough power to play most venues." submitted December 30, 2010

Musical Background: Been playing for a few years
Music Style: Blues,Rock
Sound: It's a Blues demon.Made like a tank.If you can't find your your sound just add an effect that you can't find.I don't think you'll have that problem though.I love the Blues and what Says Blues,Fender Tube Amps,espically this one.Do your self a favor and give one a try.You're going to fall in love with it. Feature: Like I said,built like a tank.Spring reverb,all the knobs you need to dial in your sound. Ease of Use: It may take you a little time,but once you hit your sound,you'll for sure know it. Quality: It's a Fender! Value: A little pricey,but compared to a lot of junk out there it's well worth the extra money. Manufacturer Support: Don't know,never had to use them. The Wow Factor: She a beautiful amp,so simple to use. Overall: The rest of my days on this earth!

When you call, mention priority code 12F5-FM1X. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976