When you call, mention priority code 173V-HP2L

Rating and Reviews: Fender Hot Rod DeVille 3

Plug in and rock out. The Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212 III features a pair of Celestion G12P-80 speakers and a modified tone circuit for better tone than ever.

"Good buy for the buck" submitted December 19, 2010

Musical Background: pro
Music Style: dance/ funk
Sound: I would suggest working with the amp to create your unique tone with your pedal and off course a volume controller. This amp is loud and has enough juice to rock your local bar/hall. Feature: For the value/price; what I see as features are the tubes, construction etc. Buying an amp without features/ gizmo's is the best investment. This is why we use effects to color our sound. Amps should come with basics. Volume, bass, treble, middle and a master volume control. Ease of Use: Tailoring your sound to ones needs has nothing to do with playability. I would agree it needs some tweeking so be prepared to spend some time before gigging. Quality: Had no problems so far....but, as with any tube amp....."warm the tubes" prior to gigging. Value: Good bang for the buck Manufacturer Support: Had no issues or reason to contact Fender yet. The Wow Factor: The design is boring Overall: For the price, sound and weight etc., cant go wrong

"The Hot Rod Deville 212 III Rocks!" submitted October 11, 2012

By Joel C in San Jose, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing pro for 30yrs.
Music Style: Rock, blues, funk, pop and R&B
Overall: I got my Hot Rod Deville 212 about a month ago. I've done 3 gigs with it and am impressed at the output and tone of this amp. I play a variety of musical genres through the night and I am able to get the right tone for all of them. I would definitely recommend this amp for the working musician.

"fender Seville iii 212" submitted July 21, 2014

By Dw B in north east, MD
Musical Background: been playing guitar for 19yrs. Currently in gospel band
Music Style: Blues- Contemporary Christian- Gospel
Overall: Had this amp now for a month. I'm use a Boss gt3 effect pedal using the preamp out and power amp in of the effect loop fender customer service was very helpful in helping me hook this up. The amp sounds awesome and takes pedals very well. I never take the reverb pass 4 to me it lose definition after 4. Fender put a lot into this next generation amp but I don't trust this cheap rubber handle to carry it looking to replace it. This amp goes well with my stratocaster and the 412 cabinet I plug into it six 12's sound good. 4 1/2 stars fender please put better carrying handle on amp

"Its a Fender" submitted December 20, 2010

By a customer from spacedust.com
Music Style: Alternative, Classical
Sound: It's a Fender! This thing is really loud. I used it for many bar gigs and never used the volume passed 5. Its a Blues Deville, so it has a blues overdrive/distortion...very light. Feature: A footswitch...drive and reverb. Ease of Use: Easy to use..straight out of the box. Quality: I love Fender. Always great quality products, very reliable. This baby seems like it will last a long, long time. Value: A bit pricey, but worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to contact them. The Wow Factor: I got the tweed covered one. Overall: I will never get rid of it. I will supplement it, but never replace it. I bought it because I had a Stratocaster and wanted a Fender. What I least like about it is that it is very heavy to carry, but then again what amp isn't. I will buy a hard case to protect it, but it will definitely have to have wheels.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Customer Service, Great Amp" submitted September 25, 2014

By Cameron G
Musical Background: Guitar and Bass for 12 years
Music Style: Rock, ambient , twinkle daddy
Overall: This was my third time using zZounds after I found out about them a year or so ago and I have to say it's the best experience. I have pretty much purchased an entire guitar rug through them and the pay as yo play function. My newest purchase, the Fender Hot Rod Deville is the best. It sounds so crunchy but also has a sweet clean signal, which is perfect to out pedals through. Definitely going to be using this with a band in the coming months.

"ALL The Amp I Need--NONE Of Which I Don't!" submitted January 14, 2011

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since 03/17/1966, Saxophone, Bassoon, Piano, Organ. I own a GORGEOUS HAMMOND B3 & 2 LESLIEs
Music Style: 50s, 60s, Brittish Invasion, Some Country, Sacred, Gospel.
Sound: I've owned it for some years & have NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT! The only place I've really used it by & large, is at church. I even played my DANELECTRO DC-12 through it at a wedding to accompany 2 singers! It was 'The Wedding Song' by Paul Stookey {Hope I spelled it coreectly}. I got A LOT OF COMPLIMENTS ON IT! It has the Classic Warm, but Bright FENDER TONE! I INSIST on a TUBE AMP! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!! No, it's NOT fancy looking--I DIDN'T buy it to look at! For THAT--GET A TELEVISION! It's held up QUITE WELL amid what little to moderate moving about I've done! But then, I DON'T abuse ANY OF MY EQUIPMENT!!!!!!! Leave THAT to KISS, The Who, The late Jimi Hendrix & the like! THAT'S SO SENSELESS!!!!!!! I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY!!!!!!! For the price--CAN'T BEAT IT!!!!!!! Feature: No complaints, except that it would be nice to have some Heavy Duty casters on it! It's a BIT HEAVY! However, I wouldn't trust the quality if it wasn't! I like the controls being on top of the amp, because I stand a bit while playing. THAT makes it easier for me to see/access. Ease of Use: I find it plenty easy for me to use! I'm 56 going on 57, so I don't need all the "GAZILLION" stomp boxes, effects pedals, and the like! I guess you could say I'm a bit settled. Neither do I desire a volume level at which I can't "Hear Myself Think"! the amp is "Self Explanatory" as far as basic operation goes. The music pastor at my church borrowed it to record some keyboard tracks recently. HE LOVES MY AMP!!!!!!! HE WANTS ONE LIKE IT!!!!!!! Quality: YES! It's built QUITE WELL! As I previously stated--It's held up EXCEPTIONALLY WELL with what moving/travelling about! Oh! I WONT/DON'T let JUST ANYONE use/borrow it! NOT EVERYONE will respect your/someone else's equipment! SAD BUT TRUE!!!!!!! THAT will also extend the life of equipment! It's just COMMON SENSE! Value: For the price--I COULDN'T ASK FOR BETTER!!!!!!! The Classic FENDER sound, a QUALITY TUBE AMP, a company that has been around QUITE A WHILE, I'd expect to pay at least $1500 & UP! I paid a little under $1000 for mine! Yes, I'd LOVE to have a FENDER Twin Reverb! What? To replace my DeVille 212? NO WAY--NO HOW!!!!!!! Simply to add to my collection! Manufacturer Support: I give it a HIGH RATING even though I've not had to use it! The Wow Factor: This amp is NOT the best looking amp out there. WHAT DO I CARE??????? I simply bought it to play guitar-keyboard through it! If one wants something to look at--THAT'S why TELEVISIONS, DVD PLAYERS, CAMCORDERS, AND THE LIKE ARE BUILT!!!!!!! Personally, I think it looks a LOT BETTER than most ORANGE AMPS! They may sound good--To me THEY'RE BUTT UGLY TO LOOK AT! Overall: I look for my Deville 212 to be around for A WHILE! It'll probably OUTLIVE ME AND/OR MY WIFE!
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Perfect Platform For Me!!!!" submitted November 26, 2013

By Jordan J
Musical Background: 17 yr player semi-pro singer songwriter
Music Style: Christian, Hard Rockin' Blues!
Overall: Super Loud, Clean crisp tone and can get right down and dirty! There are a lot of hot rod haters on the internet, I am not looking to mimic some vintage tone or to capture a shed metal sound. I wan MY SOUND. The Hot Rod Deville delivers for me! I would give it a solid 9 of 10 but in a 5 star review it gets a 5 all day! I wish it was USA made but, Mexico is still in north america so good enough i guess!

"Disappointed" submitted January 6, 2013

By Terry Brown in Macon, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I am a 44 year veteran guitarist who plays proffesionally.
Music Style: rock, blues, country
Overall: I have ordered two of these amps. The first one I received had a slight distortion on the clean channel. I returned it for a new one. The one I have now not only distorts but also the reverb sometimes works and sometime doesn't. I don't know if these amps are being damaged through shipping or they are simply defective. I contacted Fender and they said it could have what is called a cold connection or bad tubes. They recommended I return it to zZounds. Well guess what???? I've had the amp two months now #$&%$#$%!!!!!! There's no Warranty service center within reasonable distance either so I'm stuck with a $1000 malfunctioning piece of crap!

When you call, mention priority code 173V-HP2L. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976