When you call, mention priority code 16G4-ZY8N

Rating and Reviews: Fender Super-Sonic 22 Amp

This tube combo amp packs a Super-Sonic punch with two gain stages and 22 screaming watts. With its footswitch and onboard reverb, it's all the amp you need.

Overall

"It should be my last amp purchase..getting too old for this." submitted November 7, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Weekender, Session Player
Music Style: BROTHER BOB FUNK, ROCK, BLUES,& SMOOTH JAZZ
Sound: I had a Fender Deluxe RI 22 watter used in conjunction to my Marshall 50 watt Vintage Modern rig. I loved the clean of the Deluxe but I kept wishing that amp had some serious gain and distortion on another channel. This Supersonic 22 filled the bill nicely. I don't need or have the Marshall anymore. I can't wait to pair the Eminence Speaker on the Fender with a Celestion Vintage 30 Loaded 1x12" cab. 22 WATTS LOUD ENOUGH- I SOLD MY PEAVEY JSX 2X12" COMBO WITH 120 WATTS.. because Heck yeah it's loud enough. I and my listeners enjoy the tone more, now. The amp tone guide that comes with the amp stays on my amp..very useful. Feature: It has everything I need. I sold my huge pedal board of Distortions and overdrives and kept the Line 6 X3 Live,..BECAUSE I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE DISTORTION CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SUPERSONIC. The pedal board supplied is great. Ease of Use: The amp comes with manual-how hard is that? I keep the amp setting placard on my amp for quick settings tweaks for different styles of music and different tones. Very useful.-Thanks Quality: I've owned Fender for 48 years From Blackface, Silverface ,Evil face, Red Knob,Rivera, M80's,with JBLS, WITH UTAHS, WITH JENSENS. THE AMPS ARE STILL SATISFYING SOME PLAYER out there in the world. This by far is my favorite Fender amp. My Silverfaced Super reverb is my 2nd all time fave. it took Years to find My favorite amp. Thank You Steve Vai. Value: ZZ ZOUNDS MUSIC WILL MATCH WHAT COMPETITORS ADS ARE BUT WHEN SUPPLIED WITH THE RIGHT INFO DOCUMENTING THE ADS..ZZ ZOUNDS DID DO BETTER THAN THE ADS. I SAVED SOME SERIOUS MOOLAH ON MY SUPERSONIC as with ALL my PURCHASES. THANKS ZZOUNDS..You Are My Mates. Manufacturer Support: I've used them- The Fender Corp. Support.. for my Strats.. getting Guitar info on my resale purchases. Very quick and courteous in response.-Thanks mates for the great info over the years. I've not had to use them on amp problems. The Wow Factor: Private on sex Appeal. I'ts a practical addition to my rig for sure. Overall: I would buy it again for all reasons.

"A really nice, versatile amp!" submitted December 12, 2013

By Mark J in Rhinebeck, NY
Musical Background: 30 year jammer and hobbiest
Music Style: Blues/Classic Rock/Indi Rock
Overall: I got this amp because I love fender cleans and breakup. I had been thinking of getting Princeton Reverb and that led me to the Deluxe Reverb which led me to the Supesonic 22 since it shares the same clean channel as the DR so I thought it would be great to have the clean of the DR and the burn channel to boot. I was hesitant because there is a lot of talk on the web of reliability issues with these amps and of course the popping sound when switching channels etc. While there is some hiss, especially on the burn channel it's less so than say my AC15C1 or my Carvin Nomad. A clean power source is helpful in that regard and it's really quite when given a clean power source. It's got really good FX loop and the reverb is everything you'd hope to have out of a fender amp. For me I think the burn channel has some great sounds and you can get some very decent dirt without a boost pedal etc.. The two stages of gain allow you go from compressed distortion to thicker, dirtier tones. If there is one gripe I have with the amp it's probably the speaker. It's 22 watts so it's reasonably loud and I'd say you could get away with gigging in small clubs no problem. Anywhere a Deluxe Reverb works this will. However the speaker doesn't like to be pushed too hard. I ran this through an old Seymour Duncan 4x12 Cab loaded with Celestions G12-75Ks and, MAN, did that sound sweet. But when you start turning the volume up around 12 o'clock the speaker gets a bit unhinged. The nice thing is that the stock speaker does a good job at bedroom and moderate volumes. I noticed it did get better at higher volumes as it started breaking in but I ended up putting in a WGS Retro 30 which handles the higher volumes better. Overall Im happy. It's really versatile and while it's not cheap, it's not too expensive for what you get and that includes a footswitch and fitted cover. With the burn channel you can go from classic fender to pretty heavy rock(not metal) in an instant. I hope it lasts the test of time.

"just what i always wanted" submitted October 21, 2013

By RICHARD McCOIG in LEXINGTON, SC
Overall
Musical Background: BEEN PLAYING 37+ YEARS. I PLAY GUITAR, BASS AND DRUMS. I HAVE PLAYED ON THE ROAD AND LOCALLY. STILL DO ONE OR TWO GIGS A MONTH.
Music Style: ROCK, COUNTRY,R&B,DANCE AND BEACH.
Overall: WOW.....I had always wanted a nice classic fender tube amp. I have played many, many amps over the years. the twin reverb was always a favorite. now that i'am older and we play smaller bars it was time to get something more controllable. fender hit a home run with this one. when I play it at home the volume is on 11/2-2. smooth and sweet. I could sit and play the clean channel all night long. man...when I took it out to the gig...the volume was on 5-6 and wow....talk about an amp sounding like an amp should...CLEAN WITH JUST A TOUCH OF GRIT AT THIS VOLUME using a Strat. reverb is awesome but very easy to get too deep. put it on 3 and forget it. Burn channel is something i'am not use to on a fender. I am now addicted to it. My normal overdive is now just a boost for solo's. never have I BEEN THIS SATISFIED with an amp. Fender...you still rock.

"So many tones in one amp." submitted May 3, 2012

By John R in West Chester, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I play live with a hard rock and blues band
Music Style: Blues, rock, country, Christian. Anything a Stratocaster on the edge of breakup fits in.
Overall: First, believe the hype, it sounds awesome and is VERY LOUD for 22 watts. The good: All the fender clean tones from black face to bassman. The 2 gain stages does away with and tube screamer need. The re-verb is perfect. The look, perfect the foot switch, awesome. I can go from any clean I want to More gain than I will ever use. The bad (for some of us): there is no bedroom volume here. I can not get the volume over 1 in my apartment. 22 tube watts is a gross understatement. I went with the 22 hoping that I could use it at my home. It will take an attenuator to accomplish that. Not really "a bad" but, the only thing I wish I could change.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A used but Super Sonic 22." submitted February 22, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Technician
Music Style: Clasic Rock
Sound: The Super-Sonic 22 came to me with the reverb not working. As a amp tech for a Fender authorized repair facility, I troubleshot the problem as a bad reverb tank. Upon opening the reverb tank I found the ground wire for both the input and output connectors broken off. I solder them back in place and the reverb worked fine. My boss will be filling a claim with Fender because I called and registered the amp for the warrantee coverage. This amp has a characteristic Fender clean channel and great reverb. The fat feature on the clean channel really packs a punch for the haevier blues/rock I like and the burn channel has a great range of tones and distortion with the two gain controls and post tone controls. The only thing it did not have that wass part of the "65" Deluxe Reverb was vibrato/tremelo which I fixed with the Eric Clapton pedal's Leslie effect run through the effects loop, just turn down the output control and it work well in both the clean and burn channels. Feature: The amp came with a cover and 4 button foot switch. The foot switch does it's job very well and it's heavy construction should make it last for a long time. The only feature I would have like to have had was tremelo but I got around that with a pedal through the effects loop. Ease of Use: This amp delivers a good range of tones and was easy to learn how to use and change between them. Quality: Even though Fender has gone to using plywood (birch) in it's cabinets, the Lightning Bolt speaker has a great range of tones with a solid bass for a small (22 Watt) amp. Value: I think this amp is a little over priced and I bought because I got it at areduced price because it was used. Manufacturer Support: Yes, I registered the amp with Fender even though it was used they accepted my registration becuase zZounds is a Fender distributor. I repaired the reverb tank wiring. The Wow Factor: It is a very practical addition to my gear, 5 amps & 3 cabinets, 4 guitars. Overall: I have a tendency to stick with and improve my amps and build my own cabinets, so I will probably keep this one for a while.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good Job Fender!!" submitted March 9, 2014

By Michael Rollins
Musical Background: Been playing for over 20 years. I mostly play at home
Music Style: Classic rock. Mainly Pink Floyd
Overall: The super sonic 22 is a VERY versatile amp. The vintage channel gives you all the cleans that we love from fender (deluxe reverb, bassman) and it takes pedals great. Switch over to the burn channel and you will have all the gain you could ever want. Unless your into heavy metal, then this is not the amp for you. This is my favorite amp.

"Fender sound" submitted April 7, 2014

By a customer from yahoo.com in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Overall: Although the overdrive channel isn't super high gain, it does have beautiful rock tone. The clean channel is exactly what to expect from a Fender tube amp. I use more pedals and efx so this is a super clean amp to put behind it and the "fat" circuit adds a nice low end to it. I'm happy.

"The Keeper!!" submitted July 21, 2010

Musical Background: Live Performer
Music Style: Smooth Jazz, R&B, Classic Rock
Sound: This is the workmans dream! True Fender Classic sound. Out of the box it needed time for the tubes to burn in. Easy to dail in a good Rhythm & lead tone with my Strat & Tele. Low end need a boost so I added a Roland 4x8 Cab and there it was the sound I needed to create the Baseman & Vibrolux tone. I love the way you can kick off the effects. I run a Boss Delay, EQ and Noise gate through the loop and now I need to sell all my other Amps. Feature: The floor switch pedal is built to last and the design is first rate. Ease of Use: It extreamly easy to get a great tone. My two fenders guitars have been modded by Pro's and this amp brings out the best in the Classic Strat & Tele sound. The Manual is basic but if you have been around you don't need it. The Boss EQ is not needed to get a good sound but this Amp like it and brings out the Bells & Punch when needed. Quality: I just received this a two days ago so I can really comment on reliability yet. I will not treat this like my Road Amps but will use it live on special events. It appears to be what I have been waiting for to replace all the heavy Mesa Boogies, Twins, Marshals that I own. After playin for 30 years you need something light that Kicks out tones Smooth as Silk & Breath Fire when needed. Value: I believe it is worth it! But then again I'll earn money with this amp. If your a Pro or just want to sound like one without breaking your back. This is it. All my friend own the Fender Blues Jr. and had them Modded. I cant wait to see them when they kick themselves for not waiting for this. Manufacturer Support: I've own many Fender Amps and only standard tube replacements was needed way beyound warrenty. Never had to deal with the Company. The Wow Factor: I have the Tan color it looks great with my VHT extension Cab. Overall: This is the keeper. Need different tones, it handles pedals with out loss of feel. I just wish it had a low Z output & a hard shell case. I will buy this again as soon as I sell all that heavy gear.
25 of 29 people (86.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fender 22 supersonic / small block-big sound" submitted November 22, 2013

By Charles D in Glenwood, HI
Musical Background: Since 72', acoustic & electric guitar/electric bass/ukulele
Music Style: Acoustic and electric blues/blues rock/pop rock-heavier rock or heavy metal/traditional Hawaiian
Overall: I've had mine for 10 months and it can be so smooth & clean or driven with tone that "all I wanna do is cry"! I highly recommend this amp and also the more powerful supersonic models if your budget allows. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!

"Great Amp , not a back killer " submitted July 24, 2014

By Peter Naughton in Neptune City , NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Professional touring musician/ playing for 35 years/Gear head/Keeping Zzounds in business
Music Style: Anything on any given day. If I'm sitting on a blue couch I'll tun blue. I'll play anything or any type of music depending on th
Overall: I use 4 amps in my on stage rig. Basically two stereo set ups. This amp has a great sound without cranking it up to the point where it becomes an on stage distraction . The sound is pure fender, 22 watts is plenty I run a pair in stereo and that goes into a Bose L1 Model 2 w/2 bass modules. The Bose sends out the sound in a 180 degree pattern so the amp doesn't need to be in the monitor mix in most cases. Its great for small gigs when you just need to put a little bit into the FOH At a larger venue it is going through the FOH system anyway so it is not necessary to have all the super high wattage units on stage. The best tone is at about 4 on the volume clear channel and there is so much control on the dirty side because of the two gain controls. you can have a light break up or all out distortion without losing tone. Great amp great price and doesn't ruin your back moving it. The handle on the unit is rubber and mine broke on both units. They need to rethink the handles.

"Beyond Super!" submitted November 3, 2014

By Brad Miller in Florence, KY
Musical Background: Weekend Warrior - professional for 30+ years
Music Style: Rock, country, rockabilly.
Overall: I gig with this most weekends. I was a little skeptical that the amp would provided sufficient stage presence (and volume) with a mere 22 watts and a single 12" speaker. However, most people are truly amazed when I reveal that the amp is 22 watts. And the variety of great tones achievable is quite remarkable. This is the first amp I've consistently used the over drive channel on. It doesn't suck! I find myself using pedals less and less. If you're looking for a small combo amp that's incredibly versatile - blues, jazz, classic rock, whatever - consider the super sonic.

"Super Sonic 22 - Avoid avoid avoid!" submitted May 9, 2014

By Lenier A in Lawrence, KS
Musical Background: Home Recording - Guitarist since 2001
Music Style: Americana, Hard Rock
Overall: This is the worst amp you could ever purchase. You will be lucky to receive one that works in the first place. If you do, it will need "fixes" before it is even somewhat usable. Even if it is fine, according to Fender's design, you will notice it is noisier than any other amp you've ever played. Far noisier than any other hi-gain amp. The clean channel is noisier than the drive channel, even with both channels volume set to zero. The reverb is noisy as well - forget turning it above 4, or your amp with volume set to zero will sound like the nastiest single coil with no wax potting. Zzounds also sent me two of these amps that were not in working condition as received. Even after having Fender replace the incorrect tube in the reverb circuit, and correct various wiring problems, the amp still is a piece of junk. I have since returned this amp to Zzounds.

When you call, mention priority code 16G4-ZY8N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976