When you call, mention priority code 1733-LZGH

Rating and Reviews: Fender American P-Bass

The Fender American Standard Precision Bass is an American classic. With a Rosewood fretboard, this American Standard Precision Bass feels great.

"Finally, a real bass!" submitted May 3, 2012

By David I in Dayton, TN
Musical Background: 15 year playing bass. Weekend warrior and jam
Music Style: 70's,80's,90's rock, some old and new country, indie rock, and a lil southern rock
Sound: I'm taking the factory strings off and put flats on her, getting rid off the squeak and bringing on the smooth. Feature: Very simple, that's what I like about her. I did take off the strap buttons and put strap locks on. Love the feel of the neck. I got the 3 tone with a rosewood fingerboard. When I got her out of the box and opened up the case I need a towel and a cigarette. Ease of Use: Very simple, very easy Quality: I'm satisfied with my fender p bass Value: I'm keeping this one. I've wanted the 3 tone with rosewood fingerboard for a long,long time and I finally got her. What really made it possible for me to get her was the 10 payments at 120. Hope zZOUNDS will bring back the 10 payments every now and then. Also, it comes with the skb hard shell case. Manufacturer Support: Don't need it. The Wow Factor: The 3 tone rosewood fingerboard is gorgeous and for me it's an American made fender standard p bass. Overall: Plain, simple, and gorgeous.

"great recording bass" submitted March 5, 2012

By R F
Music Style: rock, electronic, metal
Sound: I record this bass into my DAW using a 6176 and it sounds awesome like the space shuttle taking off from Cape Canaveral. Feature: The limited selection of controls (tone, volume, no pickup selection) makes it easy to recreate the original recording's sound and feel on subsequent (re-)tracking. Ease of Use: Less is definitely more. See above. Quality: Finish looks great, fitting and assembly is top-notch. American made! Neck is not too thin or a baseball bat. The contour body of this bass makes it really comfortable and the look is high-tech. Only complaint is the frets on the lower side of the neck were a little rough. It could be my hands, a visual inspection showed nothing wrong, but a little sanding took care of it. Value: I could have spent less and gotten something a little less finished, or spent more (custom shop or deluxe) that had more finishing/pampering or more features than I need or want. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with Fender. The Wow Factor: This is the quintessential tool for the recorded sounds I was looking for... just a killer-sounding easy to use bass that provides the bottom end for half a century of rock n roll recording history. Overall: A standard for generations now.

"Classic for a reason" submitted March 16, 2011

Music Style: Blues, funk, rock
Sound: Fits in every musical situation. Feature: Great case. Ease of Use: Two knobs ... less is more. Quality: Seems to be built to last. Really like what fender has been doing lately. Value: My p bass is worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use customer service but I have found the fender website to be a great resource. The Wow Factor: It is a classic. I can't see needing another bass even. Overall: I will probably pick up another p bass to have a backup but I can't see needing anything else. This bass gives me the consistent tone I have always looked for in much more expensive and complicated gear.

"The perfect tone machine" submitted January 31, 2012

By Antonio Martinez in Miami, FL
Musical Background: More than 30 years playing bass guitar
Music Style: Christian Rock, Praise and Worship, Classic Rock, Eighties, Reggae.
Overall: I think Fender is what it is today, and the music is what it is today in great part due to the American Precision Bass, I can not count how many great songs have been recorded with this amazing instrument, and how many great bands and bass players use it, well today I can rejoice of having in my hands one of the best instruments ever made, the new American Standard Precision gives a new meaning to the words precision perfection.  This bass is just perfect in every aspect beginning with its sound, you can hear your fingers in the wood, it lets you control the sound with your fingerpads, it produces that deep thumpy vibration that growls and melts your heart, this instrument is as the rest like the tube is to the transistor, it lets you produce the powerful perfect tone.  The contruction details are amazing, the neck is perfect in every aspect, once I tuned it remained perfectly tuned forever no matter the weather changes, this bridge allows you not only to adjust string height but also the distance between them so you can set them perfectly for the size of your hands, it is a pleasure playing it, it is a work of art. I will not be surprised at all if on the next 40 years this series is appreciated and treasured between the best ever produced.

When you call, mention priority code 1733-LZGH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976