When you call, mention priority code 15ZM-QL0B

Rating and Reviews: Fender Lone Star Strat

The Fender Deluxe Lone Star Stratocaster has Texas Special and Pearly Gates pickups for plenty of twang. Don't mess with the Fender Deluxe Lone Star Stratocaster.

Overall

"Fender Lone Star Star Deluxe Stratocaster ,play a legend !!!" submitted September 9, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Pro Musician ,Band leader of "The Ground Zero Band "
Music Style: Rock ,blues ,mostly original songs written by me ,and my other guitarist
Sound: This Strat really has it all .The selection of two Texas Specials single coils in the neck and middle positions ,a Seymour Duncan "Pearly Gates" in the bridge paints a wide palette of tones .This axe can used for rock ,blues ,country ,or even metal .It is kind of a "Swiss Army Knife" of guitars ,it does a lot things very well . Feature: The Lone Star Deluxe comes with a very nicely padded deluxe Fender gig bag ,Trem arm and adjustment wrenches .It was setup very well right out of the box .Intonation was spot on .The axe needed no adjustment at all (I have played over 50 years and own many guitars and usually have to do some setup myself ,but not this one ).As I had stated before the pick ups are excellent and work well together. Ease of Use: A real "player's guitar .Very responsive and great action .The manual is very clear ,and the guitar switching system is rather intuitive .Pretty straight forward ,all the way around . Quality: The Stratocaster is always extremely reliable .You could play out at a gig with no back up axe ,but I always play with at least one back up guitar ,not because I don't have faith in Fender (usually ,I use another Strat for back up ,and rarely, if ever, use it ).I have seven Strats ,and they are truly roadworthy .You can rely on Fender ! Fit and finish is really high quality . Value: This is a bargain price for the guitar you get .The pickups alone are worth the price of the whole axe . Manufacturer Support: I have had this Strat only a short time ,so I have not needed anything from Fender .My past few experiences with the Fender company have always been fine .I feel they support their product better than most companies ,not naming any names ! The Wow Factor: When someone says "electric guitar " ,I think Fender Stratocaster ! The shape ,and contoured body ,and famliar headstock give the Fender Lone Star Deluxe Stratocaster make this ,in my opinion ,the sexiest shape available any where .It is probably the most copied guitar ever produced .That alone speaks volumes of its popularity .It is truly a classic. Overall: I fully expect to keep this guitar forever .I own more Strats than any other guitars .I love the Duncan "Pearly Gates " in the bridge position ,it is a nice change and adds a lot more flexibility for the person who only owns one axe .There is really nothing at all I would change about this guitar .As soon as I received this axe and played it ,it was like an old friend .

"A winner with unbeatable value!" submitted December 24, 2010

By a customer from netzero.com
Music Style: Blues and experimental
Sound: Sounds very good! This is my first experience with the Texas Special middle and neck pickups and they are a really good vintage sounding pickup with bell and chime, but with just enough added oomph to make me sound good live. The Seymour humbucker is just wonderful and if adjusted plenty low, balances nicely with the other pickups. The guitar has a really nice fret job and neck with just a few sharp edges here and there but nothing bothersome. Fast neck for a Strat. Feature: About as good as it gets feature wise. The pickups are top notch and really elevate the guitar into the pro level for live sound. The only thing "wrong" is the bridge saddle height screws are typical MIM, too long and they all protrude into the palm. Fender needs to put height compensated (ie the same as American Strats have) screws in their MIM line guitars. Ease of Use: Easy to sound really good on. Helps you rather than makes you "earn it" like vintage style Fender instruments do. Quality: Just excellent. I get compliments on the appearance frequently. Something about the tortoise pickguard (normally I dislike this color) over the white really is different. I do wish it came with the vintage style tuners, but these work very well indeed. Value: In comparison to my G&Ls and Fender American Vintage Reissue 62, the only picks are the poly finish (but it is vey smoothly done) and the bridge string height screws. The sound and playability is definitely pro level. Manufacturer Support: ZZounds stands behind their products. The Wow Factor: Nice, plays very nicely, really looks good and sounds great. Overall: It's a keeper. I am picky and can own any guitar made (and pretty much have), but this one is excellence and value embodied which makes it a first choice player for live shows. I got it as a "blemish" and I cannot find anything wrong with it... a much better sounding, equal playability and better looking guitar than the new American Standard Strat I just returned. The only level above this instrument would be Custom Shop.

"Lonestar Strat" submitted November 18, 2012

By John N in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 48 years (not the whole time). Been gigging at least twice weekly for the last 2 yrs.
Music Style: Blues, rock, pop, a wee bit of jazz. Mostly, LOUD!
Overall: Great Guitar! I was hoping to try this one, find it didn't live up to the reviews and send it back. I mean, how many guitars does one guy need? (apparently, at least 11). Unfortunately, I took this down to an open mic...plugged it into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe...the first note (yes note...low E string open)...I realized I wasn't letting this baby go. It was like, "Stevie? Is that you?". I have at least 4 strats, inluding an American Deluxe, but none have this SRV tone...Texas Specials, baby...that's the ticket. So, now, do I need a Roadhouse to complete my collection? ... I mean, a real Strat has to have 3 single pole pups...right? No, I don't like the way the bridge bucker LOOKS, but OMG, the Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates just jacks it up a notch, tone and volume. So, if I could only have one, it'd be the Lonestar...wonder how long before I'll cave and get the Roadhouse? OK, dear Fender: one tiny mod: wire the tone like you do the EJ strat. As is, the bottom tone knob affects bucker and middle SP. That means that the bottom tone affects 4 of the 5-way switches positions. IMHO, in general, the neck and middle pups can run full treble. Bridge pups can get trebbly, tho. And if my bottom tone control only affect the bridge PUP....well, that'd be the cat's meow. I know, I know...just gotta figure out which wire to clip on the 5-way. I'm just sayin'. And all my Strat whammy bars are...well, inconsistent and less than great. OK, that's all my complaints. I bot the tobacco sunburst. If you want the looks to WOW people, get a different color because EVERYBODY and their brother has a tobacco sunburst Fender product. But I'm loving mine. The neck lacquer has an orange tint which is very cool...looks like a vintage axe. Summary: alder body, rosewood neck, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates...what's not to like?

"1 Stop Shop 4 Blues-Country-Rock" submitted February 8, 2008

Music Style: Rock-Blues-Gospel-Jazz
Sound: The tone of this guitar is ideal for blues and rock. Not by any means a shredder but the syprisingly effective tone pots make it great for most genres. The Texas Specials singles and the Pearly Gates humbucker complement each other perfectly. Very versitile, great for a player who wants the snap and bark of a classic Fender but also howl crunch associatied with a vintage Gibson. Feature: This guitar has decent features and the pickups are superbas well as the tone pots. I would have liked to see factory locking tuners and the original two-point tremelo that was on the original American made version.These are all easy upgrades that are just a matter of taste. Overall the guitar looks as you would expect an old favorite guitar to look. The brown sunburst finish with the tortoise pickguard is especially beautiful and apparently durable(I dropped one from about three feet and there was barely a mark). If your style isn't exacly of the vintage persuasion,the 21 fret neck, vintage style tremelo and the limited color choices send you looking for an original American made version which was basically an upgrades standard model. Ease of Use: This definite plug and play guitar. Sounds great through almost any amp. Players who use tube amps will especially love the amount of tones you can get from this amp. Everything from super snappy country licks to than the Southern rock overdrive to that Hendrix/Cream 60s style rock & roll.I pair it with multiple amps and pedals and it sounded incedible. If you are a minimalist like myself, you'll love the amount of tone you can coax out of this guitar with a just an amp, and instrement cable and a few tweaks of the tone and volume controls. Quality: Solidly made guitar. I plan on buying one and it will more than likely be the guitar that travels. The looks, quality construction, and price make it a great guitar for gig use. I will probably change the tuners though because I prefer locking tuners. Value: Great value for a player looking for a versitile guitar that looks good and can stand up yo reasonable abuse. Its right at home in smokey bars and clubs. Manufacturer Support: Ive never dealt with fender in that manner. The Wow Factor: The brown sunburst finish reminds you of a bygone era in music. This guitar has the ability to exude chiming highs as well as a bluesy barking lowend growl. The sound reminds me of many of my favorite guitarist and the versitility is great for getting te "creative" juices going. If you like that vintage look with out the relic type aging this guitar will make you drool with delight. Overall: If this guitar were stolen I would definitely buy another. It is a wonderfully versitile guitar that any guitarist could find useful.
31 of 32 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very good value" submitted August 31, 2011

Musical Background: Just learning
Music Style: Blues/Rock
Sound: My wife bought this Fender Deluxe Lone Star Stratocaster for me as an early Birthday present and I am very impressed to say the least. I was looking for a blues-rock sound and get it thru the guitar, but have to work at it as I have a Peavy Vypyr 75 amp which is more confusing for a starting out novice like myself. Feature: Kinda ok gig bag, nothing special and will most likely get a hard case if I ever leave the bedroom with it.... Ease of Use: I don't really hear much tone difference in the 5 way selector switch once you come off the humbucker. Tone knob does is not very defined as well. Quality: Pretty impressed with the quality.... Value: Great value for the money..... Manufacturer Support: No problems yet.... The Wow Factor: Love the looks.... Overall: Will never sell this guitar, but am looking at getting a used Les Paul as well

"Great strat. Get it." submitted May 18, 2011

Musical Background: Band Leader
Music Style: Indie Rock
Sound: This guitar sounds amazing. The upgraded pickups are fantastic. I especially love the overdrive sound with the humbucker. Feature: Really a great buy. For the money you can't beat it. I upgraded the tuners to the fender locking tuners and put an L.R. Baggs x-bridge in it and use it for everything. Ease of Use: Very playable. Needed a setup when I got it, the action wasn't right. Quality: Top quality. Value: Hard to beat. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support. The Wow Factor: Lots of compliments on the look of this guitar. Overall: I'll be playing this one for years.

"Great Value" submitted April 9, 2014

By steven r in rowley, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, playing for 18 years, Own a MIA PRS, MIA Tele, Vintage Gretsch Semi-Hollow, MIJ Jackson
Music Style: Southern Blues, Rock, and Hard Rock
Overall: This is such a nice guitar. I purchased a B-Stock for ZZ and it is in great condition. Frets are great, but I still ran my fret file down the side to get them 100%, it took about 2 minutes. Set-up was perfect. This guitar stays in tune better than all my other guitars including my MIA Tele and MIA PRS. I liked this guitar so much that I scored a craigslist deal on another one. It sounds great and is so versatile with the HSS style pickups.

"THIS IS ONE FOR YOUR COLLECTION!!!" submitted November 21, 2008

Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: GOSPEL/JAZZ POP/REGGAE
Sound: GOOD TONE IT VARIES FROM AXE TO AXE THOUGH, BUT THE CLASSIC STRAT SOUND AND BITE OF THE S/D PICKUP SINGS Feature: SWITCH IS PRETTY QUIET ON THIS ONE, ALSO, I WOULD PREFER THE FLOYD ROSE THE NECK IS FANTASTIC ESPECIALLY FOR SOMEONE WHO ALSO PLAYS A SIX STRING BASS Ease of Use: IT'S A FENDER Quality: NO MATTER WHAT ELSE COMES OUT THE FENDER SETS THE BAR Value: COULDN'T BE A BETTER PRICE FOR THIS PRODUCT Manufacturer Support: NEVER NEEDED TO The Wow Factor: ACTUALLY. DID NOT NEED ANOTHER ONE RIGHT NOW BUT FOR WHAT WE PLAY IT AFFORDS ME ANOTHER COLOR AND TEXTURE Overall: HOPEFULLY MY LAST STRAT BARRING ANY MORE HURRICANES

When you call, mention priority code 15ZM-QL0B. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976