When you call, mention priority code 172D-7R4J

Rating and Reviews: Fender '72 Thinline Tele

With two Fender Wide-Range humbuckers and an elegant f-hole in its semi-hollow ash body, this faithful reproduction of the '72 Telecaster doesn't disappoint.

"The nicest surprise I've had in a long, long time." submitted August 23, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musician - Audio Engineer
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Blues, Rock, Jazz etc.
Sound: This guitar has a great clean sound and you can get a pretty nice snarl out of it as well. I wasn't to sure about ordering one, because no one seems to know what kind of humbucker pick-ups it has. I was extremely pleased with it when it arrived. It is one of my favorite guitars and I own Strat's, Les Paul's, SG's, Hammers, Carvins etc. Feature: It's a strait forward no frills kind of guitar and I like that about it. Ease of Use: This guitar is very user friendly. It takes no time at all to get a fantastic clean sound out of it. I use Marshall and Line 6 amps. It's just as easy to get an over driven sound out of it as well. Although, I use my Les Paul Studio and SG for the rough stuff. Quality: I was and have been amazed at the quality of this guitar right out of the box. I set-up all of my guitars my self and always have. This is the first guitar I have ever bought that I haven't had to do a single thing to. The intonation was dead on, the action was perfect. Everything from nut to wiring was set to go. I was extremely pleased. Value: I don't like to type this but, I think this guitar is worth a lot more than I paid for it. Manufacturer Support: I can't rate this, as I have never had to use the support system set in place by Fender. The Wow Factor: This is a beautiful looking guitar. I got the natural finish. It is the most comfortable guitar I own. Truly, from it's weight to the feel of the neck, I'd rather be playing this guitar than any of my other guitars. I play the others only when I am in need of their individual sound. Overall: I plan on owning this guitar until I hand it down to one of my grandchildren. (Thank God that should be a long, long time from now). I looked at a lot of other Fender Telecasters and quit-frankly the price and the humbuckers were the deciding factors. I figured if I didn't like the pickups I'd replace them with Gibson 57 humbuckers. Now, after playing this guitar I don't fell the need to replace them. I would definitely replace this guitar with the exact same type of guitar in a heart beat.

"Buy this guitar." submitted January 27, 2004

Music Style: Singer/Songwriter
Sound: This guitar is best played through a clean channel on a Fender Twin Reverb amp. It's a wonderful guitar that has a fat tone because of the humbuckers and a slight jazz feel to the timbre because of the semi-hollow body. If you're looking for a Fender but want versatility in sound, this is what you're looking for. Feature: The features on this guitar are pretty standard. Quality: Fender has always made a good guitar and this one will last you a long time. Value: This is one of the best guitars in terms of versatility and getting the best bang for your buck. It is definitely one of the best sounding guitars you'll play, and the price is generally lower than most Fenders. Manufacturer Support: Fender is a huge company and so quality customer service can be hard to come by. The Wow Factor: I LOVE THIS GUITAR. Overall: Look no further. This has everything you want. Country, blues, rock, jazz... you can even get a dang sweet metal crunch out of it. What more could you want???

"72 Telecaster thinline classic series" submitted March 9, 2013

By Bruce A in Charleston, WV
Music Style: Jazz
Overall: This guitar is fantastic! Extremely versatile, nice warm sound. This guitar plays as nice as my Gibson ES 335.

Fender '72 Thinline Tele Customer Review submitted November 18, 2008

Musical Background: Avid musician
Music Style: acoutsic, blues, alternative
Sound: Since I've only played this guitar for about twenty minutes I really didnt get the full experience. But in that twenty minutes I played the best/most modestly priced guitar in my local guitar center. Feature: The pickups are amazing on this guitar and the maple fretboard is so nice to play on. Ease of Use: This guitar plays AMAZING. easy to use, and great for anyone with a little experience looking for a high quality guitar for a modest price. Quality: This guitar is light but it is a very well made guitar. The finish on it was stunning, and the feel of the guitar when you pick it up is unmatched. Value: This is the nicest guitar I found for a price under 900$ which was exactly my price range. Manufacturer Support: I would not personally know about the service but Fender is an extremely well respected guitar company and all of my friends who own Fenders say that their customer service is good. The Wow Factor: The "sex appeal" of this guitar comes from its stunning natural wood high gloss finish, and the nice semi-hollow body design. Also, the pickups give it a really sharp look overall. Overall: Since I've only played this guitar for about twenty minutes I really didnt get the full experience. But in that twenty minutes I played the best/most modestly priced guitar in my local guitar center.

"Nice axe" submitted November 3, 2008

Musical Background: Garage band
Music Style: Rock, blues, oldies
Sound: Great sound, like a mix of a Tele and a LP Feature: MIM guitars have no hand book, allen wrentch, etc. Ease of Use: 3 distinct sounds from 3 positions Quality: Looks great except for the F hole finish. I had huge pickguard static, crackle so I had it shielded and as quite as a mouse. I highly recommend the shielding to the pickguard and routings. Value: Good value as far as guitars are over priced these days because of mass production, machine made. Manufacturer Support: Not yet The Wow Factor: Sexy little girl Overall: I have had inlast 8 years, Washburn 335, Gibson ES333, MIM Strat, USA Strat, Gibson Studio, Epi Joe Pass, Deluxe USA Tele, Dark MIM Tele,Johnson 335, Godin ? and a few others. Out of all these, I like the Thinline the best, still have the Godin and Johnson, play through a Crtae V33 212.

"A great guitar that grows with the player." submitted March 8, 2006

Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: The sound from this is soo versitle. I play rock, and blues mainly. The only thing I've had problems with is a really heavy tone, but if you're in a death metal band the look of the guitar probably already put you off. I'd say it excels with blues and country. It has a great trebley tone, very twangy. I have a carvin 100 watt tube amp, and it sounds quite good through its clean channel, but I actually prefer it through my Blues Jr. for a distorted tone. Feature: Pickup switch, tone, and volume. This was my first guitar, and the simplicity is what drew me to it. What more can you ask for? Ease of Use: My only complaint is the fretboard finish. I think all maple boards are like this, so its not specific to this guitar, but the finish kinda slows my playing down. Its a very minor gripe though, and not a huge deal. Quality: It's held up for 5 years, and is going strong. I gave it a good bang when dropping it on a stair corner. It chipped the finish, but sounds fine, and no electronics are rattling around. It's certainly more than gig worthy. I guess I'd like smoother tuners, but it keeps tune so I'm fine with them. Value: I was put off by it being made in Mexico, but my friends American made Strat is in worse off shape than mine. Plus, there's nothing wrong with it. It's a quality product at a reasonable price. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: I love the finish, and the shape. I don't like the pearl pickguard though. Someday I'll paint it, or replace it. Overall: Fantastic guitar, great for a beginner whose serious about getting into playing. It will grow with you, and allow you to venture into all different types of styles and playing.

"A GREAT BUY!!!" submitted August 1, 2008

Musical Background: recording engineer
Music Style: southern rock, rock, jas, country guitar is great for all of this stuff
Sound: this guitar sounds great no matter what!!! Its great acoustically and plugged. gets great clean sounds and great distortion. Feature: great materials!! comes with classy pick guard and 2 humbuckers. I do wish it had a tremola bud its ok cause it just doesnt look like a whammy guitar. Ease of Use: if u know how to set an amp good its very easy. there are 3 pickup settings and gets great sound of each Quality: the kneck has a perfect headstock off set. very easy to string holds tune.. great natural wood finish. itfell 4 feet on the headstock/neck ad nothing happened. no dings i took it in to make sure it was ok and nothing broke. yes its mexican but not completely the wood is cut in the us and the humbuckers are assembled all the electronics are fender USA made but it is sent t mexico to be put togerher. Value: great value easily a 1000 dollar guitar Manufacturer Support: i havent had problems with this guitar but my old fenders electronics were on te fritz and was able to get new pickups in 4 days Overall: i will keep this guitar for my life it was a smart decision it has played up to my expectations and have been asked by multiple pro's if it ws original.

"1972 Fender Telecaster Thinline" submitted May 11, 2005

Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: I am rather keen on the sound, rich and deep. As a devoted, vintage Stratocaster owner/player I never much cared for the Telecaster but became increasingly interested after reading a review by a player owning one so I tried it out. Feature: I was disappointed that the guitar was made in Mexico and as such came with NO additional supplies or material. However, I could not afford an actual 1969 or 72 Thinline so... Quality: The ash body is beautiful and the pearl pick guard fabbie. I will say that on mine (noticed later in the light of day) that the F scroll was not completely finished. For now it's a bother but my grandson will probably say in 20 years it's relic. Value: In short yes. It's a bloody Fender and I got it at a very reasonable price indeed. Manufacturer Support: Portland Music Co. was very accomodating. I noticed the guitar at a another music store for $30 less and when I brought it to their attention refunded me the difference immediately. Wow. The Wow Factor: My boss (a very discerning palate) thought it quite beautiful. Overall: I love Fender guitars - it's all I'f play and I have a couple. To me Fender guitars are as shoes are to women, you can't ever have enough.

"AMAZING. that about sums it up" submitted November 30, 2011

Overall
Sound: flat out awesome. Seriously the best sounding guitar ive ever played, especially through a Fender Blues Deluxe. Feature: Wood sounds great, humbuckers are great.. amazing Ease of Use: Plays beautifully, sounds amazing Quality: cant go wrong with Fender Value: The best guitar you can get for this price, if you have the money for something more expensive, save it and get this. Manufacturer Support: Fender all the way The Wow Factor: Great playability, amazing tone, nice looks, what else do you need? Overall: if you want a good guitar, BUY THIS ONE

"Love my Telecaster " submitted April 27, 2014

By Larry Merriweather in Fords , NJ
Musical Background: Guitar, Bass, Keyboards and Drums the
Music Style: All
Overall: Great guitar.

"sweet guitar!" submitted July 27, 2014

By Rick Riner in Houston, TX
Musical Background: intermediate, jam at home, with friends, entertainment
Music Style: rock, country, jazz, whatever..
Overall: this guitar was suggested to me by one of zZounds guitar guys, for my needs etc... I absolutely love this guitar! It is so versatile, I have a good Marshall amp and this thinline can deliver and sound I ask it to, country, rock, jazz, it does it all. It's semi light but solid, tuners are good, pickups are super sounding, had it a month and cant say one bad thing about it. If you want a expensive sound, and not spend the $, this is the guitar you want, you will love it!

"Awesome!" submitted July 21, 2014

By Richard Riner in Houston, TX
Musical Background: intermediate, jam at home, with friends, entertainment
Music Style: country, rock, blues,
Overall: I love this guitar, it is just what I was looking for, I play rock and country and play around with some other stuff. I have a good marshall amp and this guitar can produce any sound I want, it is so versatile, light yet solid, it sounds great no matter what I play. The tone is beautiful, good pick ups, I don't have huge hands and this neck fits just fine. I highly recommend if you don't want to spend thousands but want to sound like you did..

"Buy it!" submitted August 23, 2010

Overall
Music Style: Old School Rock, Blues, jazz. Good music! From Lynard Skynard, to The Faces to Red Hot, Ben Harper ...
Sound: The sound would probably be more appreciated by Gibson 335 and Stratocaster lovers rather than pure telecaster. It is really nice, warm and bluesy on the neck, "Under the bridge" like in the middle position and screaming more like a telecaster on the bridge. Ease of Use: Very easy, holds the tune very well...even though I live in Hong Kong with average 90% humidity rate... Quality: Seems really well made. I had no grounding or buzzing or whatsoever issues. Value: I think you would hardly find a better guitar for this price. Looks and sounds awesome and its' really easy to plays. Moreover you can play it unplugged still have a nice sound...i think this is very useful when you want to exercise but it is 3 am! :) It's probably a great value for money. Manufacturer Support: cannot tell, as I have no experience on it.

When you call, mention priority code 172D-7R4J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976