When you call, mention priority code 157P-9YGS

Rating and Reviews: Fender Active Jazz Bass

Designed with the gigging bass player in mind, this Deluxe Jazz Bass boasts active electronics, dual-coil noiseless pickups and Fender's sweetest maple neck.

"Love this bass!" submitted May 25, 2012

By Hal Y in Warwick, RI
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years of playing. I am a working musician.
Music Style: Blues & Jazz
Overall: I thought I'd be settling when I retired my 1962 Jazz Bass and bought this bass as a replacement. WRONG! I got the bass on Wednesday...spent the evening setting it up to my style of playing, and checked it out thoroughly. Thursday night it did its' first gig. Absolutely fantastic! The tonal capabilities of the active controls gives you everything you need right at your fingertips. The craftsmanship was top shelf. On the whole, I've found nothing but pros and zero cons. Fine instrument at a very reasonable price! I've been playing for 50 years, so trust me when I say Fenders' Deluxe Active Bass is a winner!

"This the ****in best bass" submitted May 21, 2006

Overall
Sound: It has a thick smooth sound plus it can have that punk rock or the funk edge you love Feature: gig bag was helpful and I love the pickups sound waves and the best is the frets wernt sharp and it had an even neck. Ease of Use: perfect Quality: Factory did a damn good job Value: It has a great price. Manufacturer Support: No probelms The Wow Factor: it has great color and it has great sound so yeah its sexy. Overall: Ill be good with it for ten years probably

"Sexy but will still do the cookin!" submitted January 25, 2007

Musical Background: Extream Hobbiest
Sound: I have this and a passive jazz. It's nice to move to the open minded active without changing the feel of the bass i'm playing. Feature: Very functional. took 5 min. to figure out sensitivity of knobs. I can pull out just about any tone I need. Solid, bass players bass. Ease of Use: Clear Manual. As Fender always has. Fairly intuitive. Very Playable Quality: Road worthy, dependable, and solid. Pick guard a little cheep but who cares. Value: Very good value. Manufacturer Support: Never used. thats a good thing. The Wow Factor: Sexy bass, I get complements on it. Mine is Black. Overall: I would recomend to anyone. Pro on down will enjoy this Bass.

"What a bass guitar is all about" submitted January 19, 2007

By a customer from intergate.com
Music Style: Alternative, Rock, Jazz
Sound: The Sound on this bass is incredible. The 3 band active EQ lets you do literally anything on it. I was surprised to get such a great tone and sound out of a mexican; it could be better then the american fenders. Feature: There are five knobs on this bass (there appears to be four, but one is a top-bottom double). These include master volume, pickup blender (neck to bridge), bass boost, treble boost, and midrange boost (AWESOME for slap-style funky bass). The features couldn't be better. The deluxe gigbag is truly deluxe - highly padded and with all the pockets and zippers. Ease of Use: After I figured out all of the knobs, this bass just did the rest. Quality: Solid...Heavy...Durable...Beautiful...Sounds great. What more is there to say? Value: Spend the extra $ to get this bass. It's well worth it. Manufacturer Support: Wouldn't know - never have had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: You see jazz basses everywhere... but the vintage white color stands out making it very appealing. Overall: I'll keep this bass forever.

"A step above the basic for me :-)" submitted April 15, 2013

By joe b in rodeo, CA
Overall
Musical Background: recently began playing again play piano, bass, drums
Music Style: gospel, r and b, jazz, funk and hip hop
Overall: All I can say is that I am happy I bought this bass. It arrived quickly, thanks to zzounds for their 8 payment plan. Now on to the bass great sounds with the preamp it is FANtastic. When I got the bass surprisingly it was in tune and the intonation was spot on never has this happened before usually needs to get tuned tweaked as the intonation is generally off. Great playability as well. I plan on keeping this baby for a long time and adding a sister p-bass down the line from zzounds.

"NICE" submitted October 19, 2013

By BRIAN P in MANTEO, NC
Musical Background: 55 YEARS AND ALSO IN CHURCH
Music Style: GOSPEL AND COUNTRY
Overall: I wish that this guitar came in OLYMPIC white but it did not ,so i got black The sound of this bass is exellent with the PEAVEY 200 watt amp i bought a month ago. For the price it was a good deal.I also bought this pay as you play that i am sure because this deal allowed me to get this now,It is not heavy like some i have played and after a few adjustments to the neck and bridge it plays and sounds like a dream.If you do not know how to set up your guitar you can go to you tube type RepairGuitar.com: Presents how to set up a bass guitar.I needed to do trhat ,but if it plays good and is in tune i would not view that vid. Thank you ZZSOUNDS

"GREAT DEAL" submitted November 4, 2013

By BRIAN P in MANTEO, NC
Musical Background: PLAYING FOR 28 YEARS IN CHURCH
Music Style: CHURCH,CAMP MEETINGS ,
Overall: I am very happy with this bass ,i have been playin bass for 28 years now . i had to adjust the neck and bridge and this does everythin and every kind of sound i would ever want from a bass.I had just bought a PEAVEY bass amp from ZZSOUNDS and was running a little low on cash so i bought it on the pay as you play deal and because of no interest it was extreemly affordable thank you ZZsounds for making this beautiful bass guitar affordable to me .I will be buying more

"Great tone and feel for the $$$$$" submitted March 16, 2007

Musical Background: active part-time player
Music Style: blues, rock, some country and dance
Sound: My drummer sez this sounds much better than my '83 American Jazz (for half the cost) Feature: Bridge is standard Fender junk....get a $50 Leo Quan and boost your sustain by 100%. Tuners not as good as an American, but not bad either. The rest feels just like an American, and the electronics are quiet and not too "clanky" sounding. Value: Best all-around mid-priced bass I could find. Manufacturer Support: Been playing Fenders since 1975...have NEVER had to deal with them.

"Great sound, Very playable" submitted July 3, 2005

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Emo
Sound: The sound on this guitar is awesome. The way it kicks out bass is incredible, and middle and treble also sound great. This is a very good jazz bass for the money, with the sounds coming from the pickups. With some noiceless pickups (Mine was used, and didn't come with noiceless) this guitar would totally rock. Quality: Th quality of this guitar is excelent. I bought it used, and I don't know what year it is, and the quality of this instrument is incredible. The way it sounds is awesome, the craftmenship is great. This guitar was really put together well. Value: This guitar is totally worth the money. Infact it seems like it would cost more, with the way it feels in your hands. The Wow Factor: TI ahev the brown sunburst, and it is very very sexy. I love the finish, its absolutly beautiful. Overall: Overall, this guitar has great sound, is cost effective, and has great feautures, and a very playable neck. I was orriginaly going to buy a low end Ibanz 5-string, but I am SO happy I bought this one instead. I am VERY happy with it.

"Best Fender Jazz EVER!!" submitted December 12, 2006

Musical Background: Lead singer and bass player in a band
Music Style: Classic rock, alternative
Sound: the tone on this bass is better then any other ive ever played. Feature: Its very cool looking with its alter body shape. looks awesome in vintage white!! Ease of Use: its very easy to play with the thin c shaped neck. great for fast little bass fills. Quality: this thing is a tank! its worth every penny Value: its the best bass you can ever buy for around $500 Manufacturer Support: I never needed to fix anything yet but the input nut comes loose and unscrews a little. The Wow Factor: i wanted one the first time i saw it, and i got it and im extremely satisfied. Overall: best bass i have ever played. sounds absolutely encredible on an Ampeg svt!!!

"Best bass ive ever heard" submitted January 14, 2008

Overall
Sound: the sound quality is awesome! like if you were recording all the time! no noise at all! you can shape your sound as you like! this is like a true winner, ive heard lots of basses such as MIA and MIJ but this one sounds just like them! just add a Badass Bridge for more sustain and you are ready to go, you'll even kill MIA Jazz Basses! Feature: This Active jazz bass is awesome, treble, medium and bass plus a pan pot for mixing pickups. everything you need. and gigbag!! cmon what else do you need to start playing? Ease of Use: It is really easy to use, it is a no brainer! i guess you can figure it out! Quality: this one is like kind of anoying, i had to re adjust some parts of the bass, and the strap locks are kind of loose but you can tight them. Value: the price is worth it, like i said just add a badass bridge and you have a really worthy gigable jazz bass and a MIA killer for sure (in my opinion i like Active over passive because of more tonal pssibilities and a more Hi-Fi sound) Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with it, but ive heard it sucks...ill give 10 because i've never needed it. The Wow Factor: its missing something...i dunnno what but when i find it, ill tell you! maybe the badass bridge... Overall: Best Mid-Priced Bass!

"im not gonna lie... it was love at first gig." submitted July 17, 2007

Music Style: rock, blues, jazz
Sound: it is very easy to mold the sound with the 3-band eq. plus its a fender, so you know you are getting a great sound. Feature: i like how it comes with a good quality gig bag, but the bridge isnt the best i have ever played, it should come with a leo quan. Ease of Use: it is incredable how many sounds you can get from this bass, you can go from a soft low end, to a punchy slap groove with the turn of a knob. Quality: like i said, its a fender. Value: in my opinion it should cost more. Manufacturer Support: yeah, these guys are great! The Wow Factor: vintage white, it drives them crazy. lol Overall: many years, untill i can afford a 1960's vintage jazz bass.

"The Best Bass I have ever had" submitted June 1, 2013

Overall
Sound: Crispy, Clear Feature: The EQ Rocks on this dude. Ease of Use: Plug and play Sounded great the first Sunday. Quality: Super solid Man Value: Well.......... For me if not for pay as you play I wound not have gotten it. But 750 over 8 months is cool Manufacturer Support: I will never call them, If I break it , I will berry it and cry. The Wow Factor: Fender is basses.. I waited too long to own one. Sure i thought i knew but i know now what i didn't know was simply not knowing........ Whitch is We can make something sound good with our skill and talent. But do you have a Fender? GET ONE. Overall: I get to play at church, and have been doing so for about 20 years. We jam all types of stuff, you name it , We jump from style to style every Sunday. And i have played allot of different basses though the years, And own 5 right now. Passive, active, fretless 4and 5 string High dollar and cheepos. What ever i got my hands on I'll jam on it....This Bass opened my eyes. I got what Iv'e been searching for. It is a power-haus. From it's fat butt to the meat grinders on the headstock , Just plane "SOLID" !! And active the pick ups tell every talking in the back of the church to shut up and hear it. I used to kinda be known as the man of many basses. things have suddenly changed.........

"Fender deluxe active jazz bass with gig bag" submitted March 10, 2014

By Evan H in Belle chasse, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 10 years and I play professionally and record
Music Style: Funk, blues, rock n roll
Overall: Although I was under the impression that this was an American Jazz Bass, when I found out it was a Mexican j bass, I was a little disappointed. After playing and recording with this bass though, I am very happy with my purchase.

Fender Active Jazz Bass Customer Review submitted May 29, 2005

Sound: The sound is a more midrange which is what is very popular nowadays and but throw up the volume on the neck pickup and put the down as low as it can go and it will hit the bass notes you didnt even know could be spit out of an instrument.

When you call, mention priority code 157P-9YGS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976