When you call, mention priority code 154W-F4WJ

Rating and Reviews: Fender DLX P Bass Special

Special? Very! This hot-rodded hybrid packs P and J pickups, a smooth Jazz Bass maple neck, American Vintage P Bass bridge and a glittering gold pickguard.

"Mabye the best yet" submitted August 23, 2012

By Chris C in Billerica, MA
Musical Background: Been playing for 25 years
Music Style: Blues, metal, pop, oldies, Latin, Portuguese, Brazilian, jazz, gospel, contemporary Christian
Overall: Well, I got this one about 3 days ago, in blizzard pearl. The online pix do it ZERO justice. The bass is beautiful. The color is more like pearl white meets metallic silver. The maple neck is as smooth as silk. I did not have to adjust ANYTHING. It was set up straight from the box. The sound? Pick the tone, and it's there. The P/J noiseless pickups are great, action is amazing. I've played the Marcus Miller jazz bass, and some other high-end instruments like the R Bass. They are NO match to this one, which is made in Mexico...about 100 miles from the U.S. plant and the same parts. I am more than impressed, and that's not easy to do.

"Great tone and playability!" submitted September 14, 2013

By Hal Y in Warwick, RI
Overall
Musical Background: I'm in my 50th year of playing.
Music Style: Blues, jazz
Overall: The only thing I didn't like, and this is a matter of personal taste, was the gold pickguard. I changed it immediately for the red dragonfire pickguard. I bought the black bass with the maple fingerboard. The active EQ is great, but set flat, the bass sounds fantastic. I've seen comments about the bridge being sub-standard, but it comes with the same bridge that my '62 Jazz bass had. I've never had a problem with that in all these years(yes...original '62, not a reissue) and sustain has never been a problem. The components...pots, pickups, etc. are high quality and the workmanship is top notch. The fact that it was made in Mexico does not (in this case) mean lesser quality. I would definitely replace this bass if I needed to. I thought the workmanship, playabilty, tone, and price made this bass a great purchase. No regrets ...totally happy with bass.

"One bad mamma jamma!!" submitted January 22, 2014

By Muzikk Mann in Roseville, CA
Musical Background: Guitar player by trade, Bass player by passion
Music Style: Gospel, Rock, Blues and whatever pays the bills
Overall: I got the blizzard pearl back in December 2013. This is a great sounding instrument. The EQ, tone knobs, and everything. I also have a Warwick and have not picked it up since I got this one. The price is right also. Forget about the made in Mexico stuff, this bad boy is beautiful and is total quality

"Great gift " submitted July 13, 2014

By Veranita H in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: Guitarist primary 40 plus years
Music Style: Jazz; Fusion; and Blues
Overall: I bought this bass for my husband and he LOVES it. He cannot put it down! The ease of playing it is amazing! The tone of the bass is great. He wanted a P Bass and I chose this one due to I thought it would give him the best of the P and J world which it does. This has been one of the most satisfying basses I have ever given him. Overall NO REGRETS!

"Don't buy into the American Mexican version bull. This bass is made very well, and sounds even better." submitted April 30, 2011

By a customer from charter.net
Music Style: Country and Rock
Sound: This bass sounds amazing with active elects. I love the 3 band EQ, and with the pu blend knob, you can really get a wide spectrum of sounds with just this knob. The mid level EQ knob is very responsive and really cuts or adds mids. The EQ is not just for tone enhancement, they actually work, and do just what they are for. I play through a MarkBass 2x10 combo with a 15 ext cab. I have also played this through an Ampeg 8x10 and WOW is all I can really say about this bass. It sounds so clear and the tones are even, across the strings and up the neck. My high G is just as loud and punchy as my low G etc. When I first played this bass with the band, it felt like a new car. Very tight, and responsive. I don't know if the MIM basses are supposed to be less quality or not, but I would put this bass up against any American made Fender without hesitation. I have not been able to find a flaw yet. I pulled the pick guard and electronics to see how it was made, and i can't find anything but quality craftsmanship. Feature: It comes with a well, cheap gig bag. Buy a hardshell to put this bass in. You can even get them used at a pawn shop if you have to. I have the Blizzard Pearl with a maple kneck, and the finish is beautiful and the neck is very slick, not tacky as someone told me. The pick guard is GOLD. Not my favorite color, but it gives it a classic look. By the way, no one as of now, offers a replacement pick guard, so you will have to have one custom made, or live with the gold one. Ease of Use: As I said before, this bass sounds amazing ! Quality: I saw this bass at another retailer and it had a dip in the clearcoat, however, mine has no flaws at all. It is very well made, and the paint is perfect. Value: Like I said, I will put this bass up against any American made for twice the price. Both in appearance, and sound ! Manufacturer Support: Have not used the support. Don't think I will need it. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal ? Lets just say I have no regrets, and would purchase another one if this one got gone. I think the appeal to something is based on personal preference. But this one hit a home run for me ! Overall: This will be my #1 bass. I don't even want to look at my other basses.

When you call, mention priority code 154W-F4WJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976