When you call, mention priority code 16KD-TWWR
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Fender Nashville Tele

Get the tonal flexibility demanded by Nashville studio players! This Fender features 5-way switching, with a Tex Mex Strat pickup between its 2 Tele pickups.

"Best Tele Ever" submitted July 8, 2011

Music Style: blues and rock
Sound: amazing sound and 5 way switch gives you lots of options even played with heavy distortion it produced more growl than i thought possible for a tele and ofcourse the highs are crystal clear and it twangs out the blues beautifully Feature: included an actual fender padded gig bag a case would ofcourse be nicer but for the price this was awesome Ease of Use: plays great nice fast neck mine has the maple fretboard but im sure the rosewood is just as nice Quality: the one I bought is supposed to be a blemished and i got it at a substantial discount but i swear i couldnt find a thing wrong with it anywhere i guess maybe someone returned it and they couldnt sell it as new anyway i am extremely happy with it Value: this guitar is worth the price tag and then some so concidering i got it at a discount was really worth every penny I love zzounds there the best Manufacturer Support: haven't had to deal with support so i cant comment The Wow Factor: tele's are sexy Overall: i expect i will keep this guitar until i wear it out or hand it down to one of my kids

"Maxi-axe!" submitted November 15, 2003

By a customer from gil.com.au
Music Style: Name it!
Sound: This axe is about three-in-one, at least! The bridge/centre and neck/centre humbucking settings (2 & 4) really took me by surprise. Tele "twang" is there with the bridge alone and the deep, clear bass response from that lipstick neck number on its own has got to be heard to be believed. Feature: Everything is there...the only mods I'd consider is 4/5 string guide at the headstock and maybe rewire the middle position to be neck and bridge together. Quality: I'm not too fussed on the vintage machine heads, but they seem to neatly do the trick...I've read in other reviews where some people thinking about changing them end up living with them after all. Value: I would have paid more for this unit if I'd had to, just to own it. Manufacturer Support: Fender has a rep to keep up and knows it. Their internet and dealer access is second to none. The Wow Factor: This is a "heads up" kind of guitar...everybody wants to know all about it. Overall: I'll be living with this guitar for a long, long time I reckon - and happily so at that.

"Buy it, you will thank yourself a thousand times!!!!" submitted April 21, 2009

Musical Background: Semi-Pro Musician
Music Style: Gospel, Country, Rock, Blues, Jazz, etc.
Sound: The 5 way switching gives you a tremendous control over your sound. I really like the Strat pickup added in. It adds a lot to your choice of sounds. I am a retired professional and now semi-pro guitar player. I own many guitars, yet the Deluxe Nashville Tele is where I go when I want to cover a lot of bases. I play everything from Jazz to Rock and Roll to Gospel music on this one instrument. If you only own one instrument, this is by far your best choice for the money. I have owned mine for about 15 years now and it still looks and plays like new. Feature: Would not change a thing! Ease of Use: It is a Tele and if you have played Teles' then you know what I mean. You have to master a Tele, unlike many other guitar designs. Once you get it mastered then the instrument will do as you command. My Deluxe Nashville Tele is very easy to play. I have never had to have any adjustments done to in in the 15 years that I have played it. If you ever go Tele, you will never turn back. Teles' are the best all around guitar for the money. They are real work horses! Quality: I gig regularly with this guitar and have for over a decade. It is about as idiot proof as they get. Value: This guitar is worth every penny of its cost. Manufacturer Support: I have never needed any repairs so I can't comment on service, but I will admit that I am a Fender man to the bone. I own many Fenders and love them all. Fender is the best to be had. The Wow Factor: Hey, It's a Tele. The sheer beauty is in the simplicity of the original design by Leo Fender himself. I am never ashamed to be seen playing a Fender Tele! It is super sexy!!!! Overall: I will keep this instrument untill I am on the other side of the grass. If it were lost or stolen I think I would cry, but not before I bought a new one to replace it. I have used it on some of our recordings and am in the process of preparing for a new CD. I will be playing the Nashville Tele on most of the tracks.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

""Nashville", (Fender), Here I Come!!!" submitted July 6, 2011

Music Style: Country/Rock/Southern Rock
Sound: Well, it's a Fender Nashville with two Tex-Mex single coils and a Strat Tex Mex pick-up in the middle so, it sounds like a Tele with a little "mellow Strat" thrown in for good measure! The Nashville is a great lead guitar but, it also makes a great rhythm guitar!Whether you need "Twang", "Growl" or "Smooth", the Nashville can produce these in spades. I have always loved Nashville's because of their versatility and unique sound. As with all of the Nashville's I have owned, this one has a great sound. I play a variety of music and the Nashville suits me for everything from old Country standards to the Blues to Southern Rock. All I have right now is my PA and a small Roland Cube 30x amp to play it through so, I would recommend that you have a more appropriate amp than I have, for getting the best sound possible. I plugged the Nashville directly into my Lexicon Lambda recording interface and it sounded great. I was very happy with the results. Feature: Accessories..It came with the standard Fender guitar manual and the appropriate hex wrenches for adjustments. It also came with the Fender Deluxe gig-bag. I always use a hard-shell case but, for a gig-bag, the Fender Deluxe is just that, Deluxe and durable. Most useful feature? Five-way selector switch. The body of the guitar is made of Alder finished in my favorite "Candy-Apple Red". The neck is "C" shaped maple and my preference of the Redwood fingerboard. For me the Redwood fretboard is better looking than the Maple, that is the only reason I chose it. I believe both maple or redwood is just as playable. It simply comes down to personal taste. The neck is 25.5" in scale with 21 medium/jumbo frets. The machine heads are "Vintage" Ping Style. The Nashville has a String-Thru-Body Tele Bridge with 6 USA Vintage saddles. This is another feature I like about this guitar plus, it just looks better to me! 5-way "Strat-O-Tone" selector switch, common brown shell pick-guard. 1-Master volume control and 1- Master tone control. The Candy Apple Red and the Redwood fretboard make for a very beautiful guitar! Ease of Use: This guitar is very versatile due of course, to it's combination of pick-ups and the five-way Strat-O-Tune switch. It s super easy to get whatever tone you out of this guitar. Quality: When the guitar arrived it was ready to go right out of the box! Just a little tuning and away she went! No crackles or pops from the electronics and very minimal hum from the single-coils. The Fender Nashville is a perfect example of a well made guitar. This particular model is made in Mexico and in my opinion, the Mexican made Fenders can be just as well made as the American made Fenders. It arrived well packed, no scratches or dings and set up ready to play. I know that not every guitar one buys on-line is going to survive the shipping process totally unscathed but, I have not had one single guitar from zZounds arrive with any factory/quality control issues and, I have ordered 5...so far! Right now the only electric I own is the Fender Nashville. I would not be afraid to tour with this guitar. I do not "need" a back-up for the Nashville but, I will soon be ordering another guitar from zZounds simply because I "want" another electric. I expect this guitar will last forever if it is taken care of properly. Value: I think the price to value ratio is a very good one! zZounds is always at or below their competitors prices on all of their merchandise. Worth every penny if you ask me! Manufacturer Support: I have Never had to deal with Fender support in my 37 years as a musician, thus the reason for the "10" rating. The Wow Factor: Sexy? Beautiful? Hell yeah! If you are attracted to the Telecaster body style, and I am, and as long as you get it in a color that appeals to you, which I did, (Candy-Apple Red), it is a sweet, sexy, beautiful Lady! Overall: I Love, Love, Love, Fender Deluxe Series Nashville's! I know that I will have this guitar for a very long time and I do not expect to have any major issues over the coming years. I can't see myself ever replacing this guitar but, I will supplement it by attaining other guitars. I am a guitar guy and I always have more than one. Should anything happen to my Nashville, I would get another just like it, in a heart-beat!

"Versatile Quality at Affordable Price" submitted January 27, 2014

By Mark T in Indianapolis, IN
Musical Background: Semi pro
Music Style: rock, jazz, country-rock
Overall: I was actually looking for a Baja Telecaster when I came across the Nashville Telecaster Deluxe. I needed to be able to get a Clarence White type sound and this guitar fits that bill (need to add a Rolling B Bender to really get the Clarence thing going on) That Strat pickup opens up a whole new dimension of sound beyond the classic Tele sound

"Non-functioning Pickup" submitted August 20, 2013

By Mitch H in Conrad, MT
Overall
Musical Background: Semi-professional (weekend) musician for 29 years.
Music Style: rock, country, & blues
Overall: Recieved the guitar yesterday and the rear pickup was not functioning at all. QUITE disappointing. However...the folks at zZounds have been EXCELLENT so far with the issue. I am shipping the item back for another. The rest of the guitar was BEAUTIFUL! The fit & finish are second-to-none. the action right out of the box is perfect. I can't wait for the new one to be shipped my way!!!

"fender nashvile rosewood telecaster" submitted December 16, 2013

By Dave C in Napa, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 45 years, mostly for myself as a form of meditation.
Music Style: I have mostly played classical. A few years ago I started palying blues, bluegrass, spanish, and Christmas music. I play a diffe
Overall: This is the fourth guitar I Have purchased from zzounds.All four guitar were at my front door the day after purchase. All guitars were immaculate I plan on buying four more guitars after this one.They look so awsome hanging on the wall in my man cave. I play a different one each day. Thanks so much zzounds for making this so easy.

"The Tele For All Strat Players Who want to take the leap." submitted October 3, 2010

By a customer from COMCAST.NET
Music Style: Blues,Rock,Country
Sound: This is the guitar for all strat lovers who want to try a tele for them selfs this can go from the true tele sound to a very close strat sound with the middle pickup i just love the different sounds you can get from this guitar before this guitar i was a strat man now i must say that this guitar has changed my mind. Feature: Came with all the basic things to adjust it but a hard shell case would have been nice even the bag is not the cheeper bag its still just a bag this is the only place this guitar selling point was les then perfect very good guitar and so so bag i would have paid a few more for a case in this package but for what you pay a fine guitar at any price. Ease of Use: This is where this guitar shines as all fender guitars are i think made of the best woods and for me i like the bolt on necks better then the set glue necks made by the G men I feel more shure that this neck can stand up to some real jamming unlike the glue set ones by the G men. Quality: Out of the box was set to jam intonation was perfect and the guitar stays tuned even on the hotest and coldest days living in the midwest this guitar see all kind of changes but stands up to it all i had a Gibson that would not stay tuned for anything thats just one of about 10 reasons its gone. Value: I would replace this guitar if anything ever happen to it I think its one of the best guitars ive ever played in my 30 plus years of jamming. Manufacturer Support: They have always responded to any question i have had very fast even when i had a problem with there Amps which is a different story they where there with fast results and where very nice about it. The Wow Factor: Looks great as it sounds very clean look as if you where looking in the eyes of a lovely Girl very nice. Overall: I thnk it will be awhile before i feel the need to get a new guitar like i have said they make a fine wood and use great parts for there guitars i just wish there amps where as good i dont like the amps but thats just my opioion i know many who swear by fender amps there just not for me a fender guitar sounds great coming out of most amps but I think Vox was made to play fender guitars the sound just comes alive.

"The truth about this guitar!!" submitted March 27, 2008

Musical Background: Pro guitarist
Music Style: all
Sound: Tele, Strat, in one guitar with mex tex frosting on it, sounds deliciouses!!! Feature: Five way switch, cool Ease of Use: It is a Tele Quality: Fender what else do you need to know Value: Would you buy less than a ten? Manufacturer Support: Called one time. They wanted to send me to Hawaii for a week!!! Just kidding!! The Wow Factor: I want everything. Overall: It should fill the emptiness for at least a month or more.

Fender Nashville Tele Customer Review submitted December 20, 2003

By a customer from earthlink.net
Music Style: Indie shoegaze dreampop
Sound: Three single coils, all very responsive and clean. Sounds great driven through a tube amp-- my twin twelve Vox sounds great. Pretty quiet, even for a tele- if you use decent cables. Quality: Very well done for a 'made in Mexico' guitar. The Wow Factor: Candy apple red, three pickups, tortoiseshell pickguard. It's got great stage presence and delicious sound. It's not

"the perfect guitar" submitted September 9, 2004

Music Style: everything
Sound: awesome tele sound, doesn't get better Feature: the humbucker pickups make it very versitle. Quality: had it for over a year, still awesome Value: very good guitar for the money Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with them personally, but i've heard good things. The Wow Factor: gotta love the tele Overall: never going to let this guitar go.

When you call, mention priority code 16KD-TWWR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976