When you call, mention priority code 145M-KYQP

Rating and Reviews: Fender Standard Strat

1-piece Maple neck. Alder body. 3 single-coil pickups.

"Can't Pass up this deal!" submitted January 24, 2008

Musical Background: 20 year hack
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Fusion, sometimes a little Metal
Sound: My style is mostly blues and Pink Floydish rock. Sometimes I like to mess around with heavy metal, but I use my Les Paul for that. The pickups are amazing for stock and I really have no desire at all to replace them. They can be a bit noisy with a lot of gain, but for middle-of-the-road distortion, you can't beat this. The clean sound I get is pretty close to my Highway One Stratocaster with vintage Jeff Beck Noiseless pickups. I'm not kidding! Feature: It only came with a nice gig bag, which I replaced with a nice Gator hardshell case, but still for only $400, I feel like I still owe Fender more money for this guitar. The springs for the tremolo were only three, so I added the extra two and it works perfect for me. I don't do dives with the whammy, so it stays in tune for a very long time. Ease of Use: I get all sounds I desire from this guitar. The neck is very easy to be fast with and it fits very well. The contours of a stratocaster just mold to a person's body anyway, and this thing fits like a glove. It comes with a real nice owners manual that covers a lot of maintenance and repair, but it should go to a luthier with anything major. Quality: There's just no difference to me that it was made in Mexico. These are American Fender parts and with a nice alder body and maple neck/maple neck, I could not be happier. I'm not at all worried about anything breaking on me, and I'd take it on the road without hesitation. It's solid! Value: Like I said, for $400, it's a supreme deal and I would have paid more for something with this quality. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with support. The Wow Factor: It's black and it came with a white pickguard, white knobs, and white pickup covers. All the white parts have been replaced with black and it's a sexy black beast now. I adore it's looks! Overall: I'll play this for a long time, maybe the rest of my life. I can't imagine ever having a need or want to replace it. Thank you Fender!!!! If it were lost or stolen, I'd cry like a little girl and then do everything in my power to replace every single piece of it. If I had $400 more to spare, I might go all out on an American standard, but there's only a slight difference.
58 of 61 people (95.08%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Dont know why anyone would pay for an american with this available. setup in strats and any other fender is what makes the soun" submitted July 13, 2004

Overall
Music Style: other world...u wouldnt understand..series of beeps and tones to contact planetary life
Sound: sounds better than the american .... I played em side by side atthe store (didnt buy it from this site)..this one is a little more bell-tone sounding...i hate when people say its a good beginner guitar..I think the squire is better for beginners considering they only cost 150$ . sounds of guitars are all different due to neck curve string height and wood used..even if same type wood. I actually like light weight wood as it is less hard sounding. Feature: simple and true to the original strat..american strats have funky features i dont need. Quality: wood and metal ..just like the original..prolly better. Value: less than half of an american. if u really want the loud pickups ( i don't) buy some and put em in..u still save a bundle. Manufacturer Support: fix it urself. what do u want for $350? The Wow Factor: I'd rather have my Jazzmaster that was ripped-off..but strats are always nice. Overall: I think the problems ppl have if any with this are personal taste issues and not quality.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"bbbbeautiful!" submitted January 3, 2007

Music Style: rock, metal, indie
Sound: great sound, no complaints. Feature: very nice bridge and tremelo. i love it. Ease of Use: from begginers to experts, jazz or rock. wide range of musical ability. Quality: very nice and smooth neck especially. i have had this guitar for a little over a year, i've learned a lot. i've only had to change a string once, in my whole ownership of it. VERY NICE! Overall: i am currently buying a schecter damien fr, but im sure i will be playing my fender strat until my fingers fall off.

"Fender mex strats, where would we be with out them. The guitar that started an era" submitted October 4, 2004

By a customer from yahoo.co.uk
Musical Background: Hobbyist, band member
Music Style: rock and hard rock
Sound: fantastic guitar, uniquie sound. fantasic for for hard rock, rock and blues and fast lead liks and solos. i find it suits any age player but because of the price it is in more of the range of someone who wants a real fender and is more experienced at the guitar Feature: great parts, beautiful wood, lovely finish. mine is artic white. Quality: it is made in mexico so is not quite as good as the usa ones but pretty amazing anyway. i have had this quite a while and feel it will do me for many more years to come. Value: you pay for a fantastic guitar but is slightly pricey when buying at rrp. Manufacturer Support: havent needed to! The Wow Factor: smooth curves and nice neck, you can't get better than that Overall: a great all rounder. no wonder it is the guitar of so many famous people, hendrix and clapton are just a very small pick of the bunch. and i hate to go away from my guitar!

"GET THIS GUITAR!" submitted February 6, 2007

Music Style: Rock and Texas Blues
Sound: For the price that this guitar comes at, the sound is awesome. I don't even own a big wig amp and it still sounds great. Nice and clean when the volume is at 5 but once you get it up to 7 and higher it gets a great sounding light distortion that i love. Feature: It could have come with a case or something but it still has a whammy bar so that's good. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Quality: Tis guitar seems likt it will last forever. It has great quality for a 400 dollar guitar. Value: Definately worth it if you're on a tight budget. Overall: Very versitale. Blues, rock, jazz, it's all here.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted July 2, 2004

Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues, Jazz
Sound: Well it realy sounds good and i MEAN GOOD for 350$... Feature: they could add more.. Quality: well very good wood and well crafted! Value: Its definitely worth its price,and i think it is worth more!BUY IT!! Manufacturer Support: never asked for their help but they are realy good at repairs etc.. The Wow Factor: well when i play with my artic white strat i feel that i am in heaven(and trust me if there IS heaven it is like this) Overall: well an overall PERFECT guitar for a beginner and a perfect choice as a second guitar.

"Fender Standard Stratocaster 2006 (upgraded)" submitted May 22, 2006

Music Style: acid rock
Sound: Sounds like a strat. 2006 upgrade. PUP's are much more quiet and frets are medium jumbo. Angelic clean side and with some gain you can get that warm blues sound. Good sustain as well. I do not plan on changing the PUP's. Feature: Typical strat features. That said, the guitar is a feature in and of itself. Ease of Use: Butter like maple neck and fingerboard. No string buzz at all. More playable than my Gibson Les Paul. Quality: I went over this thing with a microscope. Nothing wrong whatsoever. They're doing something right at the Fender Mexican factory. Value: Great value for the money. I chose the one I bought over an American one. The Mexi-strat played much better, Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any so I can't really say. The Wow Factor: Classic looks. Just beautiful Overall: I'll be playing this one for years to come.

"Gread sound/Great Value" submitted December 26, 2007

Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: I own an American Standard series Stratocaster, and I can definately tell the difference in the pups between the two. The pick-ups sound fine, typical Strat single coil, but the output is not as good as the American Strats. These pups are fine for almost any situation. They will do the job. The overall sound is quite good and all but a professional would probably not need to upgrade the pups unless you would want to. Feature: Comes with a gig bag, whammey bar. Stratocaster standard controls. Again, this is not an American Series Strat, so things like the nut, tuners, pups, pot are not going to be up to the same as the American. All of the controls and switches work well and I do have to say that the shielding on the pick guard and cavities actually make this thing pretty quiet around lights and other electrical stuff, actually more than my American Standard Strat Ease of Use: This guitar sounds very good. The c shaped fretboard and medium jumbo frets make playing this guitar pretty easy. It has the "Strat sound that most of us like. A few friends of mine own "Clapton" Strats and after playing this guitar commented that other than the pups, this guitar played pretty much the same and had almost the same feel as the higher end Strats. There are hundreds, if not thousands of "Mexican Strat" players using these guitars live and for recording so that says a lot for these guitars. I really enjoy this guitar and I cant really say anything negative thus far. Quality: I honestly could not find any flaws on this guitar, from the fit and finish to the way it plays. I did a simple truss rod adjustment and that was all. The action is right on the money and all the controls and switches work well. I take very good care of all my guitars and I'm picky when it comes to finish flaws, controls etc. etc. I dont play in a band or gig, but this guitar, if taken care of would not have any problem playing live with the right combination of amps or effects. If taken care of, almost any guitar or instrument will last a lifetime. This guitar is well worth the money! Play a few of them before you buy. I would put the quality right up there with my American Standard Stratocaster and my Schecter Gryphon and pretty darn close to my Gibson SG Standard. These are great value for the money guitars. If your just starting out, dont waste your money on a Squire Strat. For a couple of hundred more, you will get a great guitar that will keep you playing! Value: If your looking for a quality Strat guitar, I dont think you can beat the price anywhere. Sure you can buy Shecters, Epiphones, Ibanez guitars within this price range, and they are all good quality, but this is a Strat with single coil pups and that is what we are talking about here. Decide what type of music you want to play and then try a bunch of different brands to see what fits your style. I personally think that the Standard Stratocaster is an outstanding value for the price, but try one for yourself and decide. Manufacturer Support: Never had a problem with Fender when I asked a question or needed some information. The Wow Factor: I got the Electron Blue with the Maple fretboard. As stated above, this is a very good guitar and will work for anyone. Thousands of these "Mexican Strats" have been sold and are played by many. A perfect guitar if you want to modify or change items. The design works and has been around forever. Overall: I plan on keeping this guitar for a long time. It fits in good with the other guitars I have. If lost or stolen, I would go down and buy another, In fact I plan on getting another one in a different color. If you buy this guitar, get a set-up done to your liking or if a beginner, let the tech do a set up and you will have a good playing and good sounding guitar.

"The perfect review on Fender Squier guitars" submitted April 3, 2005

Musical Background: hobby and school
Music Style: rock, pop, anything
Value: I got the fender kit it was a great sale/ deal.. Manufacturer Support: can use instruction dvd/ video... Overall: Will not search for another guitar product until I learn and get used to it...

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted July 8, 2004

Overall
Sound: Amazing sound. Can do almost any form of music flawlessly. Fits me perfectly, because I play many different styles. Sounds good without an amp, for just playing around, and sounds AMAZING fed through even the weakest amp. Feature: No particular features, and nothing missing. Read the product specs ont his site for full features. Quality: Great! Came VERY well made, built very solidly and to last. Looks, feels and sounds very Fenderish. High quality. Value: Amazing value for this pro-quality guitar. Very great compared to all other guitars in its price range. Manufacturer Support: Well... good warranty... no problems. Overall: Great product. Period. But this!

"An explosion of sound waiting to be unleashed." submitted April 29, 2005

Musical Background: In a band
Music Style: rock, blues, and phycodellic
Sound: It has a great sound for blues or if you want to crank the gain up and get phycodellic. The Wow Factor: it's a sweet looking guitar.. my favorite

"Amazing Guitar" submitted November 4, 2008

Overall
Sound: It has a slight buzzing but other than that i think the guitar sounds absolutely perfect Feature: Nothing a standard guitar wouldn't come with. Mine came with a case, a whammy bar, a guitar tuner, and a stand. Quality: Mine was made without a scratch on it. Whoever made it did a very nice job. Value: I think this guitar is worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any problems with my guitar yet and i've had it for 6 months so i dont think theres going to be any problems for a while The Wow Factor: I think the guitar looks very nice. It looks like a standard everyday guitar. Overall: I think this is a good second guitar.

"awesome guitar!" submitted October 12, 2003

Overall
Sound: the sound is good Feature: comes with a whammy bar which is awesome for soloing Quality: I've never had a problem with mine and I've had it for about a year Value: excellent value Manufacturer Support: no problems The Wow Factor: Very appealing despite the fact that it doesn't have a very ubique look

"A great deal. Big thanks to the people at the Fender plant in Ensenada. If you did not look at the head stock, the difference w" submitted June 22, 2010

Overall
Sound: Nice thick sound, clean, and bright. It sounds the way you would expect it to. Feature: This is a basic rock and roll machine..... nothing else is needed. Ease of Use: It is very playable. No surprises. Quality: I can not find anything on this guitar that would reflect poor quality. Value: Forget country of origin. Do you wanna strat? Buy it. Manufacturer Support: Not used. The Wow Factor: This is a sweet guitar.

"Plays like a guitar and does guitar-like things." submitted July 23, 2005

By a customer from excite.com
Overall
Music Style: From the Mars Volta to Ella Fitzgerald and all that fall in between
Sound: This guitar sounds just like that, a guitar. It is made to play and to be played often. The sound is very versatile. Changing the pick ups in this guitar is not necessary. Many people do so as a matter of taste, not necessity. This guitar stock could be all the guitar you would ever need. Feature: This is a bare bones guitar thats beauty lies in its versatility. Anything that you want to accessorize this guitar can be purchased. Extra accessories= Higher price. Quality: Excellant quality. Affordable price. Very much bang for buck in this guitar. They will not hold their resale value in comparison to their American cousins, but your penatonic scales won't be able to tell the difference. Value: The value of this guitar is superior to most others. The price range says starter guitar. However, these guitars will keep up very well with your playing progress. It would take quite a while to progress to a playing level that necessitates the more expensive versions of this guitar. Besides, since the resale value is so low, there is no guilt in customizing the guitar to the point that it is an extension of your personal style. That makes it priceless. Manufacturer Support: Never needed. Fix it yourself or pay your local shop to do the work. The Wow Factor: The guitar looks guitar-like. Overall: This guitar is the best buy you will make in a musical instrument. It plays great out of the box and takes very kindly to personal modifications. Superior to all other products by allowing for such versatility. I will use this guitar for years to come. I cannot see myself outgrowing this guitar and I have been playing for close to 20 years now. I don't know maybe when I am 60 and have been playng for 50 years, I might decide to give the dude a break and get another.

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted August 30, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Yeah, I'm in a band.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Ska, Alternative.
Sound: I love the fender clean sound. Feature: I went with the rosewood fretboard, and wish I would have got maple, but that's okay. Looks don't affect the sound. Ease of Use: Plug In. Turn Up. Play. Value: Excellent value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't tried it yet, no need. The Wow Factor: Oh, it's sexy, (I got electric blue), just do yourself a favor and get the maple fretboard.

"Simply Great Guitar...period." submitted March 26, 2008

Music Style: Southern Rock, Blues, Country, Classic Rock
Sound: The sound is incredible; nothing can beat the "Fender clean" sound. Feature: The maple neck makes for great movement around the fretboard, and even the strings it came with stock sounded awesome...I had them on for months before I switched. Ease of Use: For best sound, take guitar, plug guitar cable into amplifier, turn on, play. Quality: I would tour to the ends of the earth with this guitar, I have 100% faith in it. Value: So worth it. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with them yet. The Wow Factor: The guitar is cosmetically and mechanically beautiful.

"ehh..." submitted November 25, 2007

Musical Background: active musician, played for about 5-6 years
Music Style: metal, grunge
Sound: the sound is alright...but dont like the all single coil pickups, before you buy this guitar...inspect it, they're mass produced and not realy factory inspected as much as they should be...so you could wind up with a lemon... Feature: i like the five way switch, but it doesnt realy do much with the all single coil pickups...the pickups on this are seriously weak...if you get this guitar, you should probly replace the pickups...they suck Ease of Use: this guitar is easy to modify but the stock pickups suck, but other than that, this guitar is worth buying for the price...but idk how much it costs, i got an additional 100 dollar discount on mine...nice thin neck, but like all(if not all, then most) strats, it has a bolt on neck, which can be anoying when you're trying to play past the 14th fret, but its easy to repair the neck :) Quality: while this product should be made well, they are mass produced and alot of lemons are put out, but if you happen to get a good one, its a good guitar,very durable, been dropped, thrown, banged into things, hit by things, anything you can think of, and it still plays like the day i bought it...3 years ago as of 11/26/03(got it as an early b-day preasent) Value: this is worth the money i guess, but there are plenty of other guitars of equal or greater quality for the same price, i recomend looking around before you buy this guitar, its good, but you might find something better suted for you Manufacturer Support: havnt had to deal with fender The Wow Factor: this guitar is sooo customizable(one of the few great things about it) it comes in mapel fretboard, rosewood, comes in ALOT of diff colors... Overall: i used this product for 1 year happily before realy noticiting its flaws, but most of the flaws were from me getting a lemon...after a while, you will deffinately be looking for something better

"Better Guitars for 400" submitted August 30, 2008

Overall
Sound: Classic Stratocaster sound: can't argue there! But the hum that you get sometimes, especially with distortion is really annoying. I noticed it only sometimes, and when the volume was cranked. You might want to switch out the pickups if you're buying this. Other than that, really nice tone! Seems pretty versatile so far! Feature: I really like the whammy bar, but it goes out of tune pretty fast which is unfortunate. Ease of Use: It's a guitar... 2 tone and 1 volume is all you need i guess. Quality: It seems to be a very high quality instrument. Fender has been around for a very long time, meaning they know how to make high quality instruments. However, they've also learned about how cheap it is to make things internationally and that's what they've done with this. Mine's a MIM (Made in Mexico) strat but it's pretty nice. Should last decades! Value: If you're really into vintage tones, by all means grab this guitar. If you're not, I would keep searching, because you might find another guitar that better suits you. Drop 100 more bucks and you could get a Schecter C1 with Floyd Rose trem which seems to be ALOT higher quality in my opinion Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: It does look sweet! Overall: I'd be satisfied with this for a while, but I'd probably want to seek out another guitar after buying this. This is a great addition to any guitar collection, but keep searching because there might be another guitar for a similar price that suits you better.

"Good, Just good" submitted August 3, 2006

Overall
Sound: Nice Warm sound. Good for everything, but not great for anything. The pickups are middle of the road, so they do not sound great clean or heavy. Ease of Use: Fairly Easy to use. I've been playing for three years, and my first two guitars were an Epiphone Les Paul Special and a Silvertone Strat, so this is a step up. The nut is a little high, but it is pretty good despite that Quality: Very nice quality. This is a Mexican made guitar, so it's quality is not going to be as good as the American, but it is nice Value: Great for the price (Though i got mine for $250) The Wow Factor: Looks like a typical strat. Mine, however, is a purple satin finish, so mine is pretty sexy.

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted November 1, 2006

Overall
Sound: Such a great punch off these pickups compared to my friend's Ibanez and Gibson. Feature: Whammy bar adds great dimension to your music and Fender tuners hold well against the movement. I'd suggest getting Fender/Schaller locking tuners though! Ease of Use: Great access to internals and knobs. Quality: It's a Fender. Value: Amazing Fender sound for such a GREAT price. Manufacturer Support: Many locations support Fender products. Easy to find help. The Wow Factor: Beautiful.

"This is the best guitar ever." submitted February 12, 2005

Overall
Sound: It has great sound for a beginers guitar. Feature: its an easy fix. Quality: Fender makes one of the best in the buisness. Value: strats are usaully alot more than this price and they are worth it so this is an great deal. Manufacturer Support: fender backs it up so its great. The Wow Factor: this is the best beginers guitar out there GET it. Overall: at least 10 years.

"Great guitar value- WELL WORTH THE MONEY" submitted April 14, 2005

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Alt.Rock, Folk/Jazz, ...
Sound: Love the sound, classic Strat sound. the pickups buzz, but not when paired up (neck and mid, all 3 together, mid and bridge), and even on true "single coil" it's not bad. I tried a Highway 1 at the music shop, then the standard. The Standard sounded better, played easier, all around a nicer guitar for 200.00 less. I'm playing it through a fender twin (red knob late 80's amp) with minimal outboard fx. I love the clean variations, from twang to deep sounds, all warm too. Feature: All that came w/ mine is the tremelo arm, but I didn't buy it for anything really but the sound and feel. Although, the finish (mine's midnight wine) is very nice and the frets are very comfortable. Maple neck- I LOVE how it feels, easy bends and smooth. Mine had no buzzing frets, loose hardware, etc. I do wish that all guitars came with at least a basic gig bag, but for the price, I'm VERY happy with it. I might upgrade the guitar over time (love locking tuners, maybe a wilkinson rolling nut), but again, it's excellent for the price. Quality: For the price, you can't beat it. Fit and finish on mine are perfect. I could see how some of the plastic parts could break, but I don't plan on throwing the guitar around too much, which is what I think it would take to break. I thinks it's fantastic quality for the low price. Value: Well worth the price; compared to other guitars, you really can't find better value in my opinion (other than some of the other various Strat models out there). A great guitar that I'd probably pay twice as much for. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with Fender directly, with any of my fender products (amps, guitars). My old Fender Champ amp (15w tube) is still kickin' ass after I don't know how many years (probably 25+), and it's been used hard. I've owned 4 Strats now, and only one of 'em was so-so (a Strat Plus from the early 90s i think); everything else has been incredible. So I'd have to say that support's probably great too. The Wow Factor: I got the midnight wine finish, but I've always wanted a natural finish strat. They don't offer it on the standard (at least I couldn't find it). But Fender has sooo many different finishes on their various models, and almost all of them look great (most notable exception- I saw an "antique green" 70s reissue strat that was UG-LY). I'm fine with the midnight wine finish; I care much more about that classic strat sound. Overall: I expect to have this guitar until I start pissin' and crappin' myself. I might add locking tuners and rolling nut, maybe some new pickups, but that's totally unnecessary stuff that I'd like to do down the line. Overall, the guitar is awesome. It's my main guitar now (I've got a beatup old Washburn electric with humbuckers, plays good, sounds good but not like a strat, so now I've got LOADS of sound options at my disposal).

"If you got the $ buy it" submitted July 22, 2004

Overall
Sound: It has a nice crisp sound. I go up on my roof in the morning and play the star spangled banner to wake everyone up. Feature: mine came with extra strings nickle coverd Quality: Everything seems alright so far. Played it for three days straight. Fingers have started to bleed a bit. Nothin to worry about. Value: Yeah it worth the price! I got it on sale from a business for $249.95 I've told zzounds about it but they dont care. Be a spy my a** Manufacturer Support: Havent had to deal with the morons yet The Wow Factor: I'm not really into the fender look i like the sexy gibson but it cost too much so it is all right Overall: I expect to have this product for a very long time. Until i save up enough money for a gibson.

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted October 10, 2004

Sound: Well one reason I said that this guitar is the best is because it is BEAUTIFUL!And it sounds great!

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted January 30, 2005

Sound: To make this product better you could make it in purple or magenta. That would be really hot. You would sell a lot because remember girls play electric guitars too.

"An almost perfect guitar!" submitted March 28, 2005

Music Style: Classic rock, pop
Sound: An almost perfect score here. Versatile, typically Fender clear sound that lacks just a tad in fullness and depth. The five way switch allows for versatility. Feature: Not too many accessories. The tremolo handle is pretty functional. I think this guitar should come with a basic yet original Fender case. I had to add a generic one b/c I didn't want to spend the $$$ for an original Fender case. Quality: It is very well made and the finish is definitely nice, with a vast range of finishes and versions. Everything feels solid and fits well. The many versions in whivh this guitar is offered gives one a lot to select from. Still - compared with the higher end custom shop Fenders or other equivalnet guitars - it is not there just yet... Value: A GREAT Value for the price paid. A versatile, well-made classic that made history for a very reasonable price. The Wow Factor: A sexy guitar, high profile and very popular. Yes, every other guitarist has one - so it is not the most unique guitar on earth but it is a great player with name, prestige and clear identity. Overall: An almost perfect guitar. It plays great and is easy to handle, and very versatile - still - it is not a LUXURY guitar, if you know what I mean.

"After 2 years, still a solid performer for the money" submitted January 20, 2006

Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Sound: I might be lucky but right out of the box, unplugged, it sounded great which a sign of a good guitar. If it didn't, a good setup is all it will need. Plugged in was no different, still great Strat single coil tone. The stock pickups are just fine with lots of gain and no need to upgrade. I use this guitar with a Pro Junior, a 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, and a 59 Bassman RI. It sounds great through all these amps. Quality: I found no imperfections on my MIM standard. With normal care the guitar will last a lifetime. Value: For the price, these MIM standards are quality fender Strats. If you're considering a Squire, do yourself a favor and upgrade to this guitar. Personally, I can't see paying more for a workhorse Strat that plays this good and can be used without worrying about damage or being stolen. Overall: I felt it was time to write a review. I've owned this guitar for 2 years. Never had a bad experience with it and it has never failed me. I've played Strats in excess of 1k and for the money this guitar is just as musical. I use it exclusively tuned 1/2 step down with for SRV and Hendrix tunes. For that reason, and because of my favorable experience with it, I have ordered another which will be setup for standard tuning.

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted December 16, 2004

Overall
Sound: this guitar rocks Feature: it picks up so well Quality: this is the coolest guitar it sounds awesome it picks up awesome it looks cool you just can't beat the fender stratocaster Value: it's kinda expensvie Manufacturer Support: this is the coolest guitar on earth it sounds soooooo sweet The Wow Factor: i want it soo bad!!! Overall: it is the coolest guitar on the planet

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted November 22, 2004

Overall
Sound: it sounds like slash played this guitar and just gave it to u it has the best sound ull ever hear

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted February 16, 2005

Overall
Sound: IT IS ONE OF THE NICEST GUITARS I HAVE EVER HEARD AND PLAYED IT IS A GREAT QUALITY GUITAR Feature: IT HAS ALL THE ECCESORIES U WOULD NEED Quality: IT IS FIRM AND HAS A SOLID WOOD BODY AND NECK The Wow Factor: IM GOING TO BY THE GIUTAR TOMMOROW

"Yo compre una strat......" submitted March 1, 2006

Musical Background: Hobbyst
Music Style: Rock Cl
Feature: el mango es bueno, las pastillas y los electr

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted March 6, 2005

Overall
Sound: its already as good as it gets Feature: nuthin better Quality: da bomb Value: swing Manufacturer Support: sweet The Wow Factor: coolio Overall: the best u can get

"AWESOME!" submitted May 1, 2006

Overall
Music Style: Oldies rock (AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Sound: It sounds awesome. very nice even with all the gain and distortion. Feature: It comes with a tremolio but not much else. I do wish it came with a case though. Ease of Use: Very comfortable. The fret board plays great. i also own a telecaster without a leaning curve and this is so much more comfortable to play Quality: made very well. the quality of a guitar you wouldve paid $600 for. Value: great value for what kind of quality you get with it. Manufacturer Support: i dont really know because ive never had to use it ! but im sure its as great as this guitar! The Wow Factor: The way it shines in the light practically mesmerizes me. Overall: maybe when i can afford an artist model guitar ill get a new one but ill be playing this one for a very long time.

"A good guitar" submitted February 2, 2006

By a customer from yahoo.de
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Hard Rock, Country, and Classic Rock
Sound: The sound on here is good it can be a bit twangy if I'm using too much reverb but other then that its a good sounding guitar and it fits my needs in terms of sound Feature: N/A Didn't come with any accessories just the guitar Quality: It feels well built mine has no design flaws what-so-ever no paint chips or anything I gave it a nine because its not an American Strat. Which has better quality wood Value: This guitar was worth every buck that I spent on it Manufacturer Support: N/A Overall: This is a good guitar for the Intermediate guitarist or for a pro who's low on cash. I think this guitar will last me for many years to come

"YOU MUST GET THIS GUITAR"

By a customer from ns.sympatico.ca
Music Style: Mostly rock
Sound: When I bought my mexi strat I was intending to buy a USA made one but did a comparative check against two US ones. I would have been INSANE to plunk down the extra cash for a US strat. Even when playing through a crappy amp you can replicate that classic sound no problem. I was going to get a set of fat 50's pickups but they would have cost more than I paid for the guitar and I really couldn't justify it. Wanted the classic sound and got it. Sounds great through a stack and is the most versatile guitar I own .The single coil hum s@@ks but hey, its part of the sound. Save your money for a good amp!!!!Hint...throw a set of 10's in it and set up accordingly. Feature: If this is the only guitar you ever own, you will be able to pull just about anything off that you want. Easy to modify and easy to service...you'll never devalue it. Lots of after market components available...easy to customize. Quality: Great at any price. Value: Best deal in town. Many popular artists use them. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. This axe is so easy to work on that I have never taken it in. Lots of websites are available to learn how to set it up/modify. The Wow Factor: I have to keep an eye on it at all times. Overall: I will never part with it. Last guitar I bought in a long time.

Fender Standard Strat Customer Review submitted January 7, 2006

Overall
Sound: i think that this guitar has a very clear sound no vibration in the strings and is a very nice quality of a brand im 11 and i have had this guitar for 2 years it rocks and im a girl so it sounds better Feature: color is the best and the amp that goes with it is cool too

"Fender's worst." submitted February 20, 2008

Overall
Sound: Way too twangy, its not a versatile guitar, all single coils sound like crap. Its not even good enough for blues. Feature: Whatever, it came with a case... Ease of Use: Its a guitar... Quality: Meh.. Value: You could get a better guitar for 400. The Wow Factor: Not at all, it looks retarded. Overall: This guitar should not exist, not even beginners should be exposed to this.

"The best investment I have ever made" submitted April 6, 2006

Overall
Sound: This is undoubtably the best guitar I have ever played and owned. I am a beginner to intermediate player and this was my first guitar. I will never switch to any other brand than fenfer becasue this guitar has got such an awesome tone! It gives you the sweet crunch sound! Feature: The most useful features on the strat are probably the knobs. They come in handy when you want to shut the guitar off without turning off the amp. Also there are two tone knobs on it which are very nice too. Ease of Use: It is definetly playable even if you are just a beginner or an experienced pro. great for everybody Quality: I have never ever had any trouble with my strat. It seems like it will last a lifetime and I intend to keep it for one. Value: This is definetly worth every penny you put into and you will be satisfied at what gives you. Manufacturer Support: nope, never The Wow Factor: Its the classic look, gotta have it Overall: I will never replace this product. Maybe in the future I would plan to maybe get a telecaster. I dunno, but for now I would never trade it in for anything better because I dont think there is anything better out there for me and my style of music.

"Get a Gibson." submitted March 17, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Sound: pickups buzz Feature: regular single coil pickups, one volume, two tone knobs. Maple neck. Ease of Use: the maple eck is horrible Quality: cheap plastic pickguard, cheap pickups neck into body sucks, the headstock isnt bent at all so the strings go out of tune. Value: overpriced piece of junk. Go for a Gibson sg faded. They have a nice finish, great quality and it will keep its value. Manufacturer Support: havnt delt with them yet. The Wow Factor: UGLY!!!! Overall: Not a great guitar. Not much time is put into these guitars. Get a Gibson.

"ATTENTION BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE GUITARISTS!!!!!!! THIS GUITAR IS IT FOR YOU!!!!!!" submitted July 31, 2007

Overall
Music Style: classic rock, blues rock
Sound: The guitar sounds great but the 1 thing that i dont like is the pickups buzz....thats about the only flaw with this guitar and easily fixable if u wanna pitch in 100 bucks more for noiseless pickups...but if u were going to do that then i would definately get a deluxe players strat Feature: Just a whammy bar....i think they come with cases now but mine didnt because i've had it for 2 years now...but if they come with cases i would give this a 9 (not a 10 simply because it's not quite the real deal) (a.k.a american strat =) ) Ease of Use: easy as possible...a three year old could do this Quality: great! no blemishes and even 2 years later it still looks and sounds like it's brand new Value: WOW $400?!?! AMAZING! GET THIS GUITAR IF YOU'RE ON A BUDGET OR A DECENT GUITARIST LOOKING FOR HIS SECOND GUITAR!!!! Manufacturer Support: i changed my string gauge and i went to the fender website to learn how....very easy to find an instruction manual (free might i add because its over the internet) The Wow Factor: i love how it loks except for the decal on the headstock is different from an american strat so you can tell it's mexican right away so thats kind of degrading but nonetheless, it dstil plays just as good as an american Overall: if youre looking for a budget guitar, your search is over. dont listen to the guys who dis this guitar. they know not of what they speak

"this is a great buy for anyone" submitted February 29, 2008

Music Style: metal
Sound: the sound of the guitar is insane its the best ive ever played but for metal heads you might want to put a seymour duncan hot rail in the bridge Feature: well first off i wish it came with a seymour duncan hot rail but for the price and i had to go out and buy a bar but that may have just been the place i bought it from Ease of Use: well i was playing a dime bag darrell dean from hell then i decided i wanted a strat so i went out and bought it and the playablity is so good for a pro to beginer the neck is so fast Quality: ive dropped mine and i naver messed up i have no complaints Value: buy now its a great guitar Manufacturer Support: i havent needed any The Wow Factor: it is the best ive ever played and dont go out of tune for me anyways Overall: its great buy now

When you call, mention priority code 145M-KYQP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976