When you call, mention priority code 1554-MWMX

Rating and Reviews: Fender Jim Root Tele

Who says Teles are for country music? Designed for the Slipknot/Stone Sour guitarist with active EMG pickups, this axe lets you dial in tight, modern tones.

"Ohh the sweet sounds she makes" submitted July 21, 2013

By Tina M in Philadelphia, PA
Musical Background: 27 years of playing guitar
Music Style: Metal(most types), Blues and Classic Rock
Sound: Very good sound quality. For the styles I play it works perfectly. I sounds good though a Marshall Stack but sounds perfect through the Jim Root Orange Amp and Cabinet. Feature: The pickups selected sound amazing in this guitar. I never thought EMG's would rock this hard in a Telecaster Ease of Use: The controls on it are simple to use. Just setup your amp and pedals and go! Quality: It is made in Mexico but the quality is very high. Alot better than the guitars made in China. Value: This guitar is worth it's asking price. You will pay the same for some other guitars that have half the sound and quality. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to contact Fender. The Wow Factor: The look of the white one is awesome.. It has a old school look yet colors blended to new styles. Old meets new! Overall: I had a regular Tele as a kid learning and saw that one of my favorite guitarist's now use one. So I gave it a go, and I am thoroughly impressed. This guitar is so easy to play and sounds phenomenal with the EMG pickups in it. It has a true Stone Sour/Slipknot/Melodic sound to it. I have actually been able to Play Stevie Ray Vaughan on it too. The case that comes with it is beautiful, Grey Tweed outside and Red Crushed Velvet interior. Get it and play hard!

"Surprising quality and suprisingly MIM " submitted June 18, 2013

By Eric P in Anchorage, AK
Musical Background: 30 years, guitar, bass, drums
Music Style: Roots rock
Overall: I was nervous on this one bc I didn't know if I was going to like this guitar. Played one at the local Fender dealer but he wasn't including the case in the sale - I'm sure he grabbed it for himself when he saw it and I can understand why. Zzounds delivered it in excellent condition, and in the first few days I thought I was going to have to have it set up. After those few days I would not dream of letting someone else keep it overnight bc I would miss it too much. It just kind of warmed up after a few tune ups it seemed to need while it was stretching out. I don't have to tune it often now. I wanted this guitar after I saw it bc I had been dreaming of a 1985 Schecter Satellite tele with black hardware, dual humbuckers and a maple tele neck on a mostly black telecaster body. I picked the black and white - has a great satin black finish that is purpose made to wear down - I wish it would not. Really glad I bought this guitar for the 5th in my collection - I had no idea I would be so pleased with this guitar, the tones off the EMGs are musical, the sustain goes on forever, this could do pretty much anything, including the melting faces stuff. Peace!

"Love it!!!!" submitted April 19, 2014

By Jon Townsend in Oxford, FL
Overall
Overall: This is guitar I've been looking for since I started 25 years ago. I ordered the "blemished" option to save a little and I can't find a single blemish on the guitar. It plays well, sounds amazing and looks amazing. I will definitely use Zzounds in the future.

"Great for metal heads...but no versatility" submitted January 22, 2014

By Matt M in Denver, CO
Musical Background: 20 years on guitar with 10 performing semi-professionally
Music Style: Rock, pop, blues, punk
Overall: I really wanted to love this guitar. It looks sharp and feels great. Plays great too for a Tele. I knew this had EMGs and the type of music Jim Root plays, but I was hoping I can get with that sound or maybe change the pickups if I liked the guitar. Here is the issue...they don't run a ground wire to the bridge or even have the hole routed. You don't need a ground wire for active pickup guitars but you do for passives. So...if you're thinking of testing this out to see if you like the guitar and would want to change the pickups, you're going to have to carve it up to run a ground wire to the bridge for passive pickups. Not worth it on a Mexican-made guitar. For that matter, it is also a bit pricey for a MIM guitar. I got mine as a scratch and dent but I feel like that should be closer to what the full price is. Overall, if you like traditional looking guitars and particularly Teles...and you're into heavier rock and metal music...this would be a fabulous guitar purchase. If you want a versatile Tele that rocks with dual humbuckers, you're better off looking at other options.

"Mexican made- American played!" submitted April 23, 2014

By NORMA M in San Leandro, CA
Musical Background: Piano and keyboard
Music Style: Christian and Gospel
Overall: This guitar was ready to play right out of the box! Jim Root was smart to have his signature guitar made in Mexico in order that young guitarist can afford this awesome axe. Fast neck with an ebony fret board for superb harmonics. Mahogony body with premium hardware and a beautiful custom tele case that keeps this tele snug and tight!

"MEXICAN MADE, AMERICAN PLAYED!" submitted April 8, 2014

By P DUNBAR in Oakland, CA
Musical Background: Over 25 years experience
Music Style: R&B, BLUES, ETC.....
Overall: Im thankful that Jim Root had his guitar made in Mexico because it would most likely be too expensive being American made. This guitar was playable out the box and only the E string had to be tuned. This guitar is so easy to play and fun to play as well. The ebony fretboard plays fast; soild mahagony body; excellent workmanship

When you call, mention priority code 1554-MWMX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976