When you call, mention priority code 15Z6-349D

Rating and Reviews: Fender Deluxe Strat

This bad boy is a revamped Super Strat -- loaded with three American-made Vintage Noiseless pickups, seven-way switching, and gold hardware on an ash body.

"Nice axe." submitted November 24, 2011

Musical Background: 35 years as a weekend warrior
Music Style: Classic rock, Christian, blues, country, 50s, 60s.
Sound: The noiseless pickups on this guitar are sweet, and completely noise-free, without squashing the famous "strat edge." I play classic rock, blues, and country, and this guitar fits right in. Each of the five settings is noticeably different, and on the 4 and 5 positions, when you push that button to combine with the bridge pickup, it sounds sweet and round. I use a class A 15 watt "Crate palomino" and a rat pedal turned down low for a little punch. I love the quack on position 2. Feature: I am not a heavy dive-bomber, but everything on this guitar is top quality, I would change to locking tuners someday, but not a big deal right now. The finish is beautiful in the sapphire blue, and I have the maple neck. The gold hardware looks rich and striking. The neck is a fatter, flatter-radius, which feels beefier than the other three strats I have owned. In person, this thing is gorgeous to look at. Ease of Use: It's easy to get your sound by flipping the switches and pushing the button on positions 4 and 5. It has a little fatter sound without taking away from the classic strat sounds. For me there was no learning curve, if you could play your guitar yesterday, you can play this one today. This guitar feels solid and strong. Quality: This thing was barely out of tune when I opened the box. After 20 minutes, I had the set up just right. Fender does a world class favor by including precise directions on how to set up the action for best playing. This should last me 20 years or more, you can tell that this is great quality work. It is as good as the three American strats I had in the past Value: This is a Fender, and well worth the price listed. Manufacturer Support: I give them a "10" because the best support is an instrument that is well made, and needs none. Zzounds on the other hand, has a great support team and has made my day by offering their payment plan. The Wow Factor: Since I have had a number of good guitars, including an American deluxe, and an American standard tele, you would think this is no big deal. It is a big deal to me when you can have the "cleans" you get from the oh-so-quiet pickup system. I was and still am, very excited to have this guitar, it is very appealing in looks and sound. Overall: This is a very good guitar at a very good price, I'm keepin' it. I would replace it if it was stolen or lost. You can spend more, but will you get more? The difference between this and more expensive instruments is not worth the difference in price to me.

Fender Deluxe Strat Customer Review submitted November 12, 2004

Musical Background: 2 Years
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: THe guitar's sound is very versital and has a huge tonal range. I gave it a 9 because if you sit there for a while you can hear a SMALL difference between it and the one thousand plus dollar Fender. Feature: It may not have S-1, but Fender gave it a switch that is like Mexican S-1. The tremelo is nice and the tuners are locking (or at least the trem doesnt cause them to go out of tune). Quality: This guitar is of amazing quality esp. when you consider the price of it. Value: It's a great deal for the money. Buy it now. Overall: It's an amzing guitar.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Don't my a standard, buy this!!" submitted August 5, 2011

Music Style: Blues, modern and classic rock
Sound: I've owned the Deluxe Player for about a year now and will say that for cleans it sounds amazing. Bridge pickup twangs like a strat should. The middle pickup is great for leads and the neck pickup is very smooth and glassy. It handles distortion ok. This wouldn't be my guitar of choice for hard rock or metal though. Feature: The deluxe player comes with a average quality gig bag. Not a deluxe bag but not a cheap $15 bag either. It will easily transport the guitar without the worry of damage. It also comes with Alan wrenches for the bridge and truss rod, tremelo bar and an extra spring. The guitar also has a button that will activate the bridge pickup from any switch selection so you can utilize the bridge and neck pickup together and all three pickups. This feature is usefull and adds more tone availability. Being mainly a Les Paul player, I found it an easy transition to this guitars neck due to the 12" radius. This was a plus for me. Ease of Use: Mine came with a fairly good set up out of the box. Much better than most other guitars I've owned. For me changing the pickguard on my transparent blonde was a must. It was a pretty simple task although you won't find a pickguard anywhere already pre-drilled for the additional button. I just used the original as a template and drilled a 3/8" hole in the new guard myself. Glueing the button to the pickguard will also need to be done. Quality: I can't give enough praise here. This Mexican strat was in my opinion higer quality than my Highway One. I've had no issues with it at all. Frets are level, no sharp edges and electronics work flawlessly. Not something that you cans say for most sub- $800 guitars. Value: I feel this guitar is worth the price. $100 over a standard strat and you get highly upgraded pickups,vintage tuners, an ash body vs. alder and the cool spagetti logo is much cooler than the standard fat logo too (IMO). Manufacturer Support: I've never had to deal with Fender in reguards to this guitar but I did once have an issue with a vibro champ amp that I bought new. After a few months sound would cut in and out. I called them and they directed me to a authorized service center near me. The service center verified the problem, kept the amp and Fender shipped a new one to my door within a weeks time. This isn't the norm. They will most likely only do this if the item is more cost effective to replace than to fix but I was very happy with their resolve. The Wow Factor: The deluxe player is a cool alternative to a standard strat. The transparent colors look great and it's easily customizable. I've recieved a lot of great comments from people on my transparent blond when I changed the pickguard to white 3 ply. Overall: This guitar will go to the grave with me! Enough said!
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Price for the Best Guitar." submitted November 28, 2006

By a customer from adelphia.net
Musical Background: experienced hobbyist
Music Style: classic rock, blues, light jazz, altenative
Sound: The sound is, in a word, perfect. For Stratocaster lovers, it's right-on. The Stratocaster by nature is one of THE most beautiful electric guitars in the world, and this model totally lives up to anyone's expectation. For best results, most players already know to fit a Strat with at LEAST 10-gauge strings, and possibly up to 12-gauge, depending on one's style. Feature: The 5-way Pup switch goes without mention ... pretty typical for Strat's, as are the 3 dials (1 vol, 2 tone.) The push-combo button is a nice added feature, as it allows the player to include the bridge Pup in the mix for toggle positions 4 & 5, thus adding to the guitar's versatility in getting distinct sounds. This guitar comes with a "gig" bag, not a case ... but that's okay with me, as the bag is useful, and padded. The vibrato stick screws into position, and is easily adjusted or removed by simply un-screwing it. The Pups are good, and pretty much noiseless, as they're advertised. Ease of Use: VERY EASY to get great Strat sounds. Just flip the toggle Pup switch, push the combo button in to add the bridge Pup to the 4/5 position settings. Classic Stratocaster beautiful sound all the way. Great neck action ... smooth and sexy, though i had to have my action fine-tuned at the shop, as it was too high when i got it. Also, Strat's are known for being a bit tricky to tune and intonate correctly, so you'll probably have to have it adjusted at your shop (or yourself if you're able to) - but once you do, guitar heaven is waiting. Strat players know about the string thing - changing strings is a bit more "rigorous", since they thread from the back side. Also - this guitar is fitted with Fender "bullit" strings on arrival; i don't like these strings, as they can be difficult to un-seat when you change them, and i don't derive any sound benefit from them either - any good set of strings will play and sound fine. Quality: The finish was beautiful. No flaws that i detected in any component - electronics, machine heads, bridge machinery, etc. After i had it adjusted for intonation and tuning issues, it's been playing pretty good. I'm currently experiencing repeated out-of-tune problems with the higher strings, as they seem to be getting stuck on the nut sometimes, and then "click" when re-tuning. I'll have to just work this out, but basically, this model is great. Value: At $600, this model is a great buy, especially with the Pup-switching option and noiseless Pups. It plays great, looks great, feels great. Unless you're into "signature" versions for namesake, i'd skip over higher-priced models that can run up to and over $3000. This model is pure Strat all the way. Manufacturer Support: No opinion on Fender....haven't had to contact them. The Wow Factor: I own it. Overall: This is my first Strat, as i've been an LP / Gibson guy, but i'm totally pleased with this guitar, and now play it exclusively. I love the "feel", unlike Gibsons, to me it has a much more "discernable" character about it as you fret....i don't know quite how to describe it ... more "direct" in the way the strings feel under your fingers .... every motion has a unique, more physical - "organic" - touch. I've become much more "emotional" in my play with this baby ... i guess that's why it's the #1 blues axe. Not so much just raw power as with a humbucking Gibson ... a lovely mix of subdued power with more personality - "character".
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great instrument " submitted May 1, 2012

By Dylan W in Vista, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist/Occasional studio musician. Been playing music for about 10 years, guitar about 4.
Music Style: Blues and Thrash, mainly.
Sound: Sound is always a subjective topic. But to keep it (relatively) short. I swapped out the pickups; they just weren't for me. The Vintage Noiseless sound great clean, and are truly noiseless, but if you even bump the drive knob they start to sound muddy. I am sure they're great for some players though. I swapped the whole pickguard and pickups with Carvin electronics (2 AP11s and a Twinblade in the bridge), and they smoke the stock pups - in my opinion. Feature: Features are really what you'd expect, or can read in the description. But the tremolo and tuners are "Vintage", I guess is what Fender calls them - and they're amazing. This guitar stays in tune better than any guitar I've ever owned, even than guitars with hardtail bridges. The fretboard is a 12in radius, which is unusual for Fender, and was the main selling point for me. (The maple fretboard is gorgeous, I should add). One feature I wish this guitar had though is 22 frets (opposed to its 21). It's no HUGE deal, but I would have preferred the extra D note. Haha. Ease of Use: Extremely playable. The neck shape on this model is absolutely perfect, for me. Not too thin, not too thick... just right. The body is well... a Strat... very comfy. Quality: Great quality. Finish, action, intonation, etc. was pretty much ideal from the factory. I actually got this guitar after returning an Ibanez RG 470ah, which had very poor fret work, forcing high action. I got this and was very happy, no issues whatsoever. Value: This guitar is one of the top contenders in the mid-range category. Hotter pickups and 22 frets would make it absolutely killer, but if you don't care much for those details, definitely consider this guitar. Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with Fender from a customer service standpoint... And never needed to, if that says anything. The Wow Factor: This guitar is stunning. I feel like people pay thousands of dollars for finishes that look just like this (I have transparent red). That combined with the gold hardware and maple fretboard... "Wow". Overall: Overall, great guitar. (I don't know where else to put this, but FYI to potential buyers, mine definitely did NOT come with a gig bag as described in the description and title. Not really a big deal to me, for I have plenty of gig bags, but that might be upsetting to someone, I suppose.)

"Excellent guitar, great playability, best band for your buck!" submitted October 27, 2011

Music Style: Rock, country
Sound: I was concerned about the fact that this Strat is a low end model and may not deliver the same quality as the higher end models but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the sound it produces. I run the Strat through my Line 6 Floor pod plus and the two of them compliment each other beautifully from the cleanest to the dirtiest patches. I have two friends that own Strats they payed a good deal more for and the sound of my Strat stacks up well to thiers. Feature: This model has a very basic bridge with a tremola bar. I don't really have a need for the tremola now but it might be useful in the future. The one thing I am really impressed with is the number of combinations for the pickups. Between the switch and the button, you have a a wider range of choices on which pickups you are using. Ease of Use: The action on this model is wonderful. I have spent most of my life playing accoustic and switching over to electric is light night and day. I don't have what would be considered "Guitar players fingers" Short and stubby to be exact. So, I have trouble producing clean barred or power chords. I am having a much easier time with that on this fret board, given the style of the neck and the larger frets. And again, I run this through my Line6 Floor pod...no problems there at all. Quality: Given that this model was built in Mexico and not the States, I am really impressed with how solid it is. The weight is well balanced. Beautiful finish on the body. Value: Worth every penny. This guitar could easily sell for a lot more that I payed. The best bang for your buck! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to use that yet. The Wow Factor: This model is a deep red with a redish brown pick guard, gold bridge and gold machine heads and gears....it looks hot and feels very comfortable to hold. Overall: The next guitar I buy will be a Gibson Les Paul but I expect to hold on to the Strat for a long time and would buy the same model should anything happen to this one.

"Wow" submitted June 2, 2014

By a customer from mojotone.com in Burgaw, NC
Musical Background: Weekend warrior for a few years
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Overall: This guitar is so beautiful in real life, the pictures don't do it justice. It sounds great. I took it to my guitar tech to have it set up, and the only thing he said he'd change would be some springs in the bridge. He said because of the tremolo, it would cause the strings to go out of tune a little quicker than if he tightened down the springs. It came in all tuned up perfectly, the neck is straight, the frets were nice and seated, the action is perfect. This guitar feels great in my hands. It even sounds perfect, the noiseless pickups do a great job.

"My First Mexican made Stratocaster" submitted January 25, 2013

By Gary K in International Falls, MN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been messing with guitars for 43 years and stick to guitar playing at home.
Music Style: I like to pick away at a little rock, some country leads but mostly blues.
Overall: This strat is a very good buy for the money.As an owner of five other stratocasters as well as several other guitars from all the top brands I can say that this is as good an instrument as you are going to find in its price range, It is capable of producing the punch of much more expensive guitars. The fit and finish is flawless. Mine is the tranparent red with the maple fretboard. Out of the box mine needed a complete setup. I had to set the neck relief , the action was high ,trem was sloppy and neck screws were not tight. After taking a coulple of hrs. of playing, tuning and tweaking to my personal preferences, the setup is now acceptable, (intonation was dead on)This guitar should last a very long time. It plays wonderfully smooth with a velvety smooth neck. I'm glad I purchased it and would highley reccommend it to any player or aspiring players out there. zZounds makes it happen with their great pricing and in house financing. This is the second major ticket item I've bought from these people,(the other was a Les Paul Custom) and they treat you right, I'm a 58 year old retired person with nothing but time on my hands to mess with my guitars. You will enjoy this strat.

"Great Axe!" submitted November 23, 2012

By Dennis D in Avon, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since about 1966. Play drums, bass, acoustic guitar, some keys. Recording and playing all that time.
Music Style: Rock and roll. Grateful Dead, Beatles, Stones, Dan Hicks, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Hot Tuna. The list goes on.
Sound: I haven't gotten the chance to play it and go through all the options, but I have heard it played by someone much better than I am, and it's pretty amazing. I sent it out to a buddy of mine to set it up so it was "gone" for a couple of weeks. Feature: Whammy bar is kind of useless unless you're Jon Cipplina. Quality: The finish and all appointments are great. It's a Mexican made guitar, but honestly I don't see any difference in the quality. Value: No doubt. You can spend a ton more on a Strat, and I know it would be nice to get a "better" one, but I think just about anyone will like this one. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with Fender on this guitar, but over the years I have on other equipment. It's Fender. Not much else you need to know. You don't hang around all these years unless you take care of people. The Wow Factor: The finish. I started calling mine "Babe the Blue Axe." It's really pretty awesome. Overall: Basically, I'm an acoustic guitar player so I'm speaking as somewhat of a "novice" even though I've been playing for decades. The first thing I noticed about this guitar was the way it feels. You know what I mean. You know when you found the right one. Neck is classic Fender. I haven't gotten around to all the sound settings yet, but a buddy of mine who is just a sick guitarist used it one night and let's just say he found a lot of them. He was playing through an old Twin and never stopped smiling. The transparent blue is awesome. One of the most beautiful finishes I've ever seen on a "production" guitar. If you're into getting responses from other people, this will do it for you. I almost went with the red. I'm glad I didn't.

Fender Deluxe Strat Customer Review submitted November 9, 2011

Musical Background: Over thirty years on guitar
Music Style: Rock and blues
Sound: The pickups are everything they said they are. Work great. Not sure about the button though can't really tell a difference with it engaged or not. But I'm not exactly sure how it would change the sound so I could listen for it. Ease of Use: Very easy and straight forward design. Easily can pull several tones out of this guitar. Quality: For what I paid, this instrument is of very high quality. I have more expensive guitars that are not as well built and finished. The finish is more beautiful in person. Value: Worth more than I paid for it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them. Overall: Still want to get a les Paul but I do not feel I could have gotten any other strat that would have made me this happy!

"Halfmoonstudio seadrift tx." submitted October 18, 2011

Musical Background: recording engineer/musician
Music Style: alls
Sound: The deluxe series stratocaster is on of the best sounding guitars i have owned. The price is right and the craftsmanship is superb. I am (was) a die hard gibson les paul fanatic but i just couldnt that SRV sound out of a lles paul..the fender deluxe has that sound and more the extra pickup setting push button is perfect for hendrix sound..i love this guitar it has been added to my stage guitar collection.. Ease of Use: Its playability is no.1 action is fast and all the sound thar the big expensive models have at a fraction of the ptice Quality: Beautiful guitar Value: Excellent for the ptice Manufacturer Support: Dont know havent had to use them csuse this rig was ready to play right out of the box.. The Wow Factor: Beautiful Overall: 100% satisfied

"A Strat that's beautiful as well as sounding amazing" submitted July 17, 2014

By Tim P in Hawthorne, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for over 30 years, play for fun, jamming with friends. Have become an intermediate player.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Christian, Punk Rock.
Overall: I got the transparent blue and it's ash body is beautiful and comfortable, lightweight and packs a punch. I love the pickups, the vintage noiseless single coils sounds great and the added 2 configurations add more voicings to the classic setup. The maple neck and fretboard is a great addition (all my other guitars have rosewood). The frets are wonderful and didn't need any work out of the box. The gold hardware makes the guitar stand out and gives it a great look. Overall, the looks are absolutely first rate but the best part is the way it sounds. The Strat sounds great through any amp. One of the greatest birthday presents ever.

"Forget American Standard Strats, this guitar is the best value" submitted October 31, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Jazz
Sound: I used to own an American Standard Strat, and the pickups on it were extremely noisy, so I had to change them to Demarzio stackable humbuckers. This guitar comes with noiseless pickups, which are very similar. Feature: Well, I would change two things on this particular guitar: 1. Add an American Standard roller string tree (the string tree on the Mexican strats is terrible) 2. My preference is to use the Fender Locking Tuners (I know some players don't like them, but it makes changing strings a piece of cake) Ease of Use: Quite easy, although I don't see much of a difference using the push button to add in the 3rd pickup. Quality: Very well made, no loose parts, will hold up quite well. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with Fender at all, which says a lot about the quality of their products. Overall: I will die with this guitar, unless I give up playing completely.

"how zzounds surprised me." submitted October 29, 2012

By ruben g in brenda, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: been playing and learning two years.
Music Style: learning blues and good ol rock and roll
Overall: First of all I love my Fender Stratocaster. This is my very first electric guitar. I live in the middle of the desert in az. pop. 18 we are not even on the map. I thought I would receive my guitar in 5 to 7 days. well to my surprise I see a fedex truck heading towards me and it was in 3 days. what a surprise. excellent service and my guitar was in excellent shape.I will do more business with zZounds.

"awesome guitar!" submitted November 24, 2013

By Will J in Rindge, NH
Overall
Overall: Great guitar,cant beat the sound for the price, easy to adjust. Guitar looks so beautiful in the 3 color sunburst! I got it with a line 6 spider IV 30 watt amp, and it sounds great for studio playing, awesome guitar! Not bad for a mexican built, i jam with my friend on his american made strat, some settings they sound identical, although he has the single and one humbucker pickups as opposed to the three single coils

"Super Strat For The Price" submitted November 23, 2012

By Michael Wilson in Boyce, VA
Musical Background: Hobbyist, 5 Yrs experience. Electric Guitar, Blues-Harp
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock
Overall: This Strat is so versatile with the "Magic" button switch that gives the guitar 7 tonal ranges. Super rich cleans, and with the 12" radius neck is perfect for my large hands. Very well constructed. Mine is the SB with Maple neck. Beautiful wood grain. The noiseless pickups are very nice and seem to be slightly underwound. Not a Metal guitar but with Gain/Overdrive is super Blues tone! No complaints here! Get one ASAP!

"Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster Maple " submitted January 21, 2014

By James W in Lancaster, OH
Overall
Musical Background: i'm jest trying to learn to play
Music Style: almost any but rap and tear dropping country
Overall: ok i do not like writing but here goes. first i want to thank the person who helped me when i called in to Zzounds. he was was very helpful for me buying my first guitar. i love the looks and feel of this guitar. even though i'm jest learning to start playing. i love that strat since my idle jimmi hindricks among others chose this guitar to play. thank you Zzounds for having play as you play

"awesome service" submitted January 11, 2014

By bobby rains in lubbock, TX
Musical Background: 20 years professional guitar player on the road
Music Style: Country / rock
Overall: Very quick approval, and delivery..you don't get this service from local music stores. They even called me to see how the guitar was when delivered, and if it was to my satisfaction...top notch service..love this place..

"This is a great buy! Beautiful guitar all around!" submitted February 3, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: active musician, recording engineer, band director
Music Style: Rock, Country
Sound: Great Strat sound but with noisless pups! awesome! Feature: Tremolo is nice, looks like I will need to do some graphite lubricating and tightening of the springs to make it useful however. The guitar comes out of tune when using the tremolo even slightly. I would like to find a roller nut setup in gold tone to add to this beast! no luck yet. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to use them yet. The Wow Factor: Beautiful guitar, I got the honey blonde, my wife is jealous!

"I love my strat" submitted July 10, 2014

By Mitch C in Ocean Springs, MS
Overall
Musical Background: I've been a musician for 40 years. I'm a bassist playing 4&6 string, fretted & frettless basses. I also play upright bass.
Music Style: I play Jazz (both swing and standards, blues, some classic rock and some Christian music.
Overall: Even though it is not one of the high end Fender guitars, I am very happy with it. It is comfortable to play; it sounds like a strat should sound; it looks really good hanging on the wall next to my Jazz Bass.

"Fender Strat" submitted March 27, 2014

By John Fogle in Drake, ND
Musical Background: Guitar Bass Drpms Piano. 45 yrs
Music Style: Soutbern Rock, Texas Boogoe Woogie, Classic Rock.
Overall: Awesone piece. Ill be back.

"Big bang for little bucks!" submitted October 13, 2010

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Funk, Rock, Acid Jazz & Techno
Sound: This guitar is so sweet! The versatility of this guitar is amazing! Feature: Comes with the standard Fender accessories. Ease of Use: You can get various tones from the selector switch and the push button switch. This feature makes this guitar very unique. Quality: This guitar was ready to play right out the box (Which I did!) No set up required. The maple neck and the ash body was crafted very well IMO. For a Mex Strat, the quality of the workmanship is superb. Value: This guitar is well worth it's value. I got a great deal from Zzounds on this baby. I truly enjoy buying from these guy. Their customer service is is 5 star rated IMO. Manufacturer Support: None needed. The Wow Factor: The lines look like they were cut with a diamond blade. Overall: If it was lost or stolen I would definitely buy it again.

"You won't need a vocalist, this this sings!" submitted February 25, 2005

By a customer from new.rr.com
Musical Background: 20 year hobbyist
Music Style: No Country!
Sound: The sound from this is just fantastic... great resonance! After a month after I bought it, I'm still stoned from the sound it gives. Feature: Although the button switch gives you some additional pickup tones, I wouldn't buy it for that. It's a nice feature though. Quality: I looked the strat over and found not a single flaw. Everything was nice and tight. Value: For the price, this is almost a steal. Manufacturer Support: Considering the quality, I can't imagine calling support for anything. The Wow Factor: The gold hardware really stands out. It's a beautiful guitar! Overall: I was so pleased that this is the first time I've taken the time to rate anything! The local stores did carry the Player's model and so I couldn't try one out. I almost spent the bucks for an American strat because I thought for the price on the Player's strat I would get much less quality. Now I'm really glad I didn't.

"Fender Strat Delux Players " submitted January 20, 2014

By Kelvin P in Mesa, AZ
Musical Background: Music as hobby
Overall: Great Guitar!!! Fun to play.

"Gorgeous " submitted January 5, 2014

By Pacer C in Pasadena , MD
Musical Background: Guitar and bass
Music Style: Blues rock
Overall: One sweet strat

"GREAT SOUNDING STRAT!" submitted September 23, 2014

By Don N in JUDSONIA, AR
Musical Background: Been Playing Guitar 50 Years, Hobbyist
Music Style: Smooth Jazz, Classic Rock, Blues
Overall: I Just Got This Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster In The Crimson Red Transparent Color And I Got To Say It Sounds And Plays Better Than Any Of The Other Strats That I've Owned. Right Out Of The Box It Looked Fantastic And With The Gold Hardware And Maple Fretboard It Looked Expensive. The Quality Of The Fret Markers Were Really Good And The Tuners Kept It In Tune. All I Had To Do Was Adjust The Saddles At The Bridge And I Was Good To Go. It's Easy To Play And The Neck Is Really Smooth. Really Does Sound Great. I'll Be Keeping This One.

"Strat for the masses" submitted February 5, 2008

Musical Background: exp. hobbyist
Music Style: blues, rock, alternative
Sound: It's possible to get a few decent "Strat-y" sounds, but overall, the tone is flat and lifeless. Esp. the neck pup .... screechy, not smooth. I originally replaced the bridge pup with a DiMarzio HB which helped add some push to the blended pup settings. The extra pup combinations help to an extent, but overall, this Strat is a cheap Fender production model, and it sounds like it. Feature: There's a push-button for adding the bridge pup to a couple of the blade settings, which is nice. The brige hardware is cheap. There's a vibrato stick that screws into the base of the bridge. The typical three-dial layout ... master vol, 2 tone dials. Ease of Use: "Ease of Use" .... well, it 'feels' like a strat. But it's a battle to really SOUND good, because the pup's are just junk, plain & simple. You can a couple of decent "Strat-y" tones within the blade's sweep, with proper amp EQ'ing. Overall, the pup's have gotta GO. Your intonation will be on the fritze too with this axe, because the bridge H/W is cheap, and is very sensitive to the strings you use. Suggestion: decide on the type & gauge string, then get it set up by a professional and never vary after that. Quality: The build seems okay. The finish is nice and i haven't noticed any structural defects. PROBLEMS: (1) watch out for the jack .... mine constantly comes loose, and if you re-tighten the external nut, you can loose your ability to plug in. (2) The fret work is....well, cheap. The ends are rough; and the frets don't wear very well. Value: Well, for $600, you start out with a base, standard Fender production Strat. Decent build & finish; poor quality materials and workmanship. If you're serious about having a Strat in your life, you'd better find a good professional tech and get some UPGRADES. I'd forget about the run-of-the-mill pup's (Seymore Duncan, DiMarzio and such), and focus on top-of-the-line products like Joe Barden's or Lindy Fralin's. Then, get some decent fretwork done. Set up the H/W with your favorite string, and stick to them. Finally, get any defects fixed. Then, you'll have a Strat that'll work for you, and will satisfy your ears and your listener's ears. And, the guitar plus upgrades will still be lower-cost than one of those "signature" models that are basically just the std American Fender Strat model (which is over-priced BTW.) Manufacturer Support: No opinion. (This is a stock Fender production Strat .... beyond std "support" ... i wouldn't count on ANYthing.) The Wow Factor: It's a cheap, middle-of-the-road Fender production model. "Sexy" .... well, visually, Yes; but in your hands, it don't put out on the first date; or the second; or the third; or the .... Overall: Not satisfied with the stock version. See "value" section. I guess you could consider this a reasonable 1st-Strat kind of thing, if you're like me & never had owned a Strat before. The base price plus all the needed upgrades will result in a more useable instrument. If you've got some bucks and want either a replacement for an old Strat that you own, or want to begin your Strat life in the driver's seat, i'd look at G&L or Suhr guitars. Otherwise, just bite the bullet and settle for less.
10 of 29 people (34.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 15Z6-349D. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976